Firewood Vaporizer

checkyourlibido

Yeah, I see them on entexchange often enough at a decent price. Some of the other handmade vapes get gouged, but the FW seems to stay reasonably priced on the secondhand market.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Sir Wibble

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Alright, I'm going to say it. The lack of information regarding the fw8 is really starting to annoy me. There are people holding up on other purchases waiting for this. There also hasn't been any parts available for our fw7s for months. I'm really getting bothered a bit.
Spoke with Marc briefly in email on Mar.11th.
He informed me that 8 would be released in a month or so.
Hopefully, meaning by the middle of April.
We'll see...

ugotmale

Last year I was very eager to land a FW7.

After being unsuccessful for a few weeks in a row & with Marc "taking some time off" over the holidays I decided to picked-up a TM.

I'd still like a FW, and will eventually get one, but anytime I get the urge to check out Marc's website I instead hit the TM and seem to forget all about the FW....

checkyourlibido

Last year I was very eager to land a FW7.

After being unsuccessful for a few weeks in a row & with Marc "taking some time off" over the holidays I decided to picked-up a TM.

I'd still like a FW, and will eventually get one, but anytime I get the urge to check out Marc's website I instead hit the TM and seem to forget all about the FW....
Sunday used to be the day we look for drops. Now we all visit The Shade Store!

TSS_SVG_Logo.svg

Esquire

Hello everyone. I have a lot of vapes, but no wood vapes. The Firewood seems like a nice piece, and I know it's out of stock. I'm just wondering how wood vapes like the Firewood compare to other portables. I have many, but some worth mentioning are the Tafee Bowle, Mighty, Ghost MV1 (don't hate - I like it when it cooperates), Dynavaps, Argo, Solo II, DaVinci IQC, and some others. Looking for comparisons/opinions, and of course, if anyone knows where they are for sale that would help. TIA.

Esquire,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hello everyone. I have a lot of vapes, but no wood vapes. The Firewood seems like a nice piece, and I know it's out of stock. I'm just wondering how wood vapes like the Firewood compare to other portables. I have many, but some worth mentioning are the Tafee Bowle, Mighty, Ghost MV1 (don't hate - I like it when it cooperates), Dynavaps, Argo, Solo II, DaVinci IQC, and some others. Looking for comparisons/opinions, and of course, if anyone knows where they are for sale that would help. TIA.
It sounds like you don't have specific questions about the Firewood devices. I think you would probably get better traction on a general "wood vapes" question by starting a new "Ask FC" thread. My devices almost all have some wood on them, but I would need more info to give any advice.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah every wood vape is different really, especially this one which is very unique compared to all the others, being hybrid convection conduction on demand with ceramic oven chamber inside the wood. Here the walnut can take some time to break in, walnut and cherry have some strong taste and smell in my experience with vapes, something like maple tends to be a bit more neutral and there are a lot of other domestic or exotic wood options with varying properties... Here your vapor path is all the ceramic, connected to a glass cooling stem system, or with the WPA connected right to 14 mm male glass (without WPA there is a ceramic right angle bend built into the pathway before it hits the glass, with the WPA it is just a simple ceramic tube to the glass) so the FW7 always felt like two vapes in one, FW8 if I had to guess will likely be a bit simpler with one design to do both? But we shall see!

And yeah if you want to know about other wooden vapes, like sticky bricks, tinymight, tetra, RBT etc there are also many and they are also different from this one, so definitely just post a broad question in Ask FC about wood vapes in general as Grass suggested :tup:

Duba

Accessory Maker
We can feel the pressure of waiting for the Fw8 rising slowly...
Marc doesn't communicate much, leaving a certain vagueness around his new model. Maybe it's a strategy, but in any case his know-how and the quality of his work make us wait patiently (or almost:)).
In the meantime, don't forget to protect your beloved Fw7!

Duba

Accessory Maker
That felt a bit like when you watch a youtube video and without any notice they sneakily transition to the sponsor ad! :rofl:

But in your case, I guess the shameless plug is much welcome. Heh!
Sorry for this impression, I have to admit that I'm a bit helpless to get the word out about this stuff and I know that the faithful pass by here regularly and especially that they might be happy to add this accessory to their device.
I'm also taking advantage of the fact that the thread is slow at the moment.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Not that Marc needs me to defend him, but he used to communicate with us on this forum quite a bit. I think that it's only since the FW became exponentially more popular that he hasn't been as present. Perhaps because keeping up with exploding demand is pretty difficult when you're a one-person shop? All of which is to say: relax, turn off your mind (with the help of your legacy firewood or other vape of choice), and float downstream. It'll get here and we'll have a big ol' party when it does.

checkyourlibido

Not that Marc needs me to defend him, but he used to communicate with us on this forum quite a bit. I think that it's only since the FW became exponentially more popular that he hasn't been as present. Perhaps because keeping up with exploding demand is pretty difficult when you're a one-person shop? All of which is to say: relax, turn off your mind (with the help of your legacy firewood or other vape of choice), and float downstream. It'll get here and we'll have a big ol' party when it does.
Outside of warranty issues, he doesn't owe anyone anything.

If he makes more, I'm thrilled. If he chooses not to, I wish him the best in life.

PossumMD

Thing that happened last night. Went to a friend's house. Some of their friends came. One of em whipped out a Dyna. I showed my TM, fw7 and p80 (I bought em all cos I hadn't seen my friends since post covid and wanted em to try em). He decided he wanted to try the fw7. After explanation, he got a mega first hit off of what he said was "just crumbs, I'd need 3x that for the dyna" (remember, I just cover the screen. Microdose that shit). He then emptied the herb, saw it was still quite yellow and went "damn, that still has 2/3rds in it, I regret not hitting it again. But that cloud..." I love this thing. Gonna not buy the fw8 straight away. Gonna wait in reviews...

checkyourlibido

Gonna not buy the fw8 straight away. Gonna wait in reviews...
I was an early adopter on the new Flowermill and ended up getting aluminum shavings in my weed and I still haven't received an update on the replacement parts. I used that Flowermill for 2 weeks before it had issues.

Even when it's from the more trusted people, that's just the name of the game when you make things. Early adopters sometimes get boned.

Texus

I finally got around to taking photos of my Good Vibe Boro stem. This thing is beautiful but also cools way more than I expected. Really great. It has become my default stem for my FW7
gvb-fw.jpg

And it fully retracts! :lol:

Man, your post got me so excited about these stems and I just got the one I ordered from @O'Connell Woodworks Vapes. Sadly instead of a retractable one like you pictured and the stock, what I was sent was about 1/2 inch too long and doesn't retract at all. Very bummed. Especially since this was really expensive for a stem ($60, what was I thinking?). Hopefully O'Connell/Good Vibes can fix this mistake without me needing to wait another month for my order.

😢😢😢

Texus,
  • Wow
Reactions: danjens

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Man, your post got me so excited about these stems and I just got the one I ordered from @O'Connell Woodworks Vapes. Sadly instead of a retractable one like you pictured and the stock, what I was sent was about 1/2 inch too long and doesn't retract at all. Very bummed. Especially since this was really expensive for a stem ($60, what was I thinking?). Hopefully O'Connell/Good Vibes can fix this mistake without me needing to wait another month for my order.

😢😢😢
Oh man! I had ordered my directly from Mike (Good Vibes Boro) and asked for a short one. I think originally people wanted stems that were long and worked well as vap cap stems. I bet that he or O'connell would cut you a deal on a retractable one. Anyway, that is a bummer.

Top Bottom