Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do most people use the wooden FW WPA or third party WPA's like the BB9?

The wooden official FW7 WPA is the best, makes it into two vapes in one, as I've said many times here, it has a more direct ceramic path, so it is easier to keep clean, and ergonomically keep the FW7 level in use on whatever glass piece, much more simple and secure than relying on the glass stem silicone connection in the standard FW7 configuration, and without draw restriction.

Finessseee

The wooden official FW7 WPA is the best, makes it into two vapes in one, as I've said many times here, it has a more direct ceramic path, so it is easier to keep clean, and ergonomically keep the FW7 level in use on whatever glass piece, much more simple and secure than relying on the glass stem silicone connection in the standard FW7 configuration without that draw restriction.
Good to know, I'll try to snag it along with with the FW8.. (whenever that drop happens).. I'm also assuming that the FW8 will have (a similar / the same) wooden WPA. Would the BB9 be considered the best alternative option if I can't acquire the wooden WPA? Just doing some homework ahead of time.

Shit Snacks

Good to know, I'll try to snag it along with with the FW8.. (whenever that drop happens)...

If they're not available on the site now, I don't see why they would be later, if there are no more FW7 being made... You would have to score one second hand?

I'm also assuming that the FW8 will have (a similar / the same) wooden WPA.

There's no reason to assume that, in fact I would presume that it is going to be all in one design somehow, I was hoping he would find some way to make 14 mm male connection the standard for any glass stem in the FW8, we shall see!

Would the BB9 be considered the best alternative option if I can't acquire the wooden WPA? Just doing some homework ahead of time.

No? It seems excessively long to me, I don't know how well it connects inside, and I think there's no reason to have those BBs in there, and if I'm not mistaken I feel like it may be overpriced for what it is, for what you need it to be (WPA)?? To me it is just a fancy vapcap stem, but what do I know lol

Duba

Accessory Maker
Well I take advantage of this calm (before the future storm of the Fw8 release
:brow:
) to post here another case I made for the Fw7. Unlike the other one, this one is a simple storage/transport case. It has a tab that protects the MP when it's in the pocket and it's open on the bottom for good ventilation (so it can be safely stored just after being used). I like the simplicity of the design which blends well with the sobriety of the fw7. I'm going to make a small batch of these.

I can't wait to see what the new one will look like!
I think Marc's approach is very honorable because he could have ridden the wave of success of the 7 for a long time and instead he shuffles the deck and rolls the dice again. Great!

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
The wooden official FW7 WPA is the best, makes it into two vapes in one, as I've said many times here, it has a more direct ceramic path, so it is easier to keep clean, and ergonomically keep the FW7 level in use on whatever glass piece, much more simple and secure than relying on the glass stem silicone connection in the standard FW7 configuration, and without draw restriction.
I pulled out my FW7 WPA for the first time in a long time the other day and to my dismay discovered that it will not slide on to the FW7 body. I guess the wood on one or both of them has grown/shrunk otherwise changed with time.

Jason Mendoza

I pulled out my FW7 WPA for the first time in a long time the other day and to my dismay discovered that it will not slide on to the FW7 body. I guess the wood on one or both of them has grown/shrunk otherwise changed with time.
Can u see a difference between the 2 sliding pieces? Maybe a microscopic piece of wood is getting in the way that u can sand a little? Can u put the larger piece in the cold? A new one I rcvd was stuck upon receipt. When it came off, it flew across the room. It was ok but I told Marc as a heads up.

GnarlyVandal

Do most people use the wooden FW WPA or third party WPA's like the BB9?
I’ve been using the wooden WPA and it’s great. A lot less messy than using a stem as the airflow goes straight from the bowl downwards into glass. With a stem there’s the ceramic corner where a lot of gunk builds up.

Good news with the 8 being a further iteration of the 7, let’s hope for some awesome QOL features like a few pre-pack bowl options or something 😁

Jason Mendoza

This. I dunno exactly what it means, just that it’s unhappy w some check or other, and reinserting the battery always fixes it for me. I don’t overtax my batteries, but I’ve definitely taken them long past 300 cycles, they only last 2 bowls (vs 5 new), but FW doesn’t mind.
Did you figure this out? Mine just did it when I press the fire button. Continuous buzzing, no pauses. Same interval. The battery is damaged. It looks like it's been robbed from another device it wasn't supposed to be, like a flashlight.

Jason Mendoza,

games-loaves0t

I finally got around to taking photos of my Good Vibe Boro stem. This thing is beautiful but also cools way more than I expected. Really great. It has become my default stem for my FW7
gvb-fw.jpg

And it fully retracts! :lol:
How is the cooling vs the stock stem?

games-loaves0t,

floribud

Good to know, I'll try to snag it along with with the FW8.. (whenever that drop happens).. I'm also assuming that the FW8 will have (a similar / the same) wooden WPA. Would the BB9 be considered the best alternative option if I can't acquire the wooden WPA? Just doing some homework ahead of time.
The BB9 has an airport/carb hole. That makes it a bit of a pain, you either have to close the carb with your finger, which makes it a two-handed operation or you have to close it up somehow. I have the original "strong-arm" Dynavap adapter from Sneaky Pete... that has no carb... but it's not available anymore. Not sure who makes anything like it.

Btw does anyone know a good safe way to close up an airport? I've been using a nice glass stem that's longer than the hula stem but I have to plug the carb somehow.

Also btw, these stems are now in stock at Oregon Glass Blower, @Shit Snacks are you the one that said you use this with the WPA?

1624827540927813072158.jpeg

Shit Snacks

Also btw, these stems are now in stock at Oregon Glass Blower, @Shit Snacks are you the one that said you use this with the WPA?

1624827540927813072158.jpeg

Nice, no it was bossman who got him to make it first I believe (I have a different custom from Phineas), there must have been many more requests for it, why he put it on the site, if anyone is looking for a smaller cheaper version there is this on DHgate too, which I posted a while ago...

GnarlyVandal

My goodness that ceramic looks pristine lol
That’s what I was thinking! Ceramic on mine is pretty much the same colour as the firewood itself 🤣😅

I finally got around to taking photos of my Good Vibe Boro stem. This thing is beautiful but also cools way more than I expected. Really great. It has become my default stem for my FW7
gvb-fw.jpg

These stems look amazing!! You mind letting us know what temperature you use to smoke through it? Has that temp changed from when using the stock stem?

GnarlyVandal,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
These stems look amazing!! You mind letting us know what temperature you use to smoke through it? Has that temp changed from when using the stock stem?
I like the flavor at 370F, so I almost never change it. Sometimes I will finish a bowl going up to 390. Over that it tastes too "cooked" for me. The stock stem never seemed too hot to me, and I don't mind warm vapor. But with the beads I now have almost no sense of the vapor at all. Sometimes I do take a massive hit without realizing it.

I am not trying to oversell it, but it reminds me of using the FW on a jayhook. In both cases the vapor is so cool that I don't remember to stop inhaling. :-)

JCat

Accessory Maker
gvb-fw.jpg

That's from O'Connell Woodworks? Looks great!

JCat,
Top Bottom