• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
The larger rubber piece (don't know what it's called) that is used to get the mouthpiece air tight in the device fell down the drain.
Also, most sinks have a trap underneath, the curved segment where the drain pipe takes a bend toward the wall. It’s usually easy to access but nasty inside.

Your tubing might still be hanging out in the trap. Lower odds than, say, a wedding band but it’s possible and takes five minutes to check.

Hello fellow humans,

I joined team FW7 a month ago after reading this whole thread. I love it. I love how easy it is, how well it works, how you can microdose or get huge clouds. I love the removable battery. I could go on and on, and in fact wrote up a long review that I'm holding off on posting now because honestly, it's just tons of praise and there are lots of those posts already. :-)

What I don't love is that the wood on my FW7 cracked on Day 2- a vertical crack on the end of the unit where the heating chamber is, adjacent to the glued joint. Boo.

Marc had me send it back under warranty and sent me a replacement which arrived after about two weeks. Yay!

Yesterday, after a week of use, what do I see? The replacement unit is cracked, in practically the same place. Boooo.

Usage History: I babied both of these things, never left the house with them, never let them contact any liquids water or alcohol, and never used them above 370/380F. Used exclusively with WPA attachment and dry glass. No other issues besides a button that sticks occasionally but seems to be related to some rough wood in the button's recessed hole. I was able to smooth it out a bit so the button released again.

Has anyone else had this issue with units received lately?

If it wasn't for the issues I've had, this thing would be hands down the best device I've ever experienced.

P.S: I can't figure out how to post photos or I'd put them up.

RazzleDazzle

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello fellow humans,

I joined team FW7 a month ago after reading this whole thread. I love it. I love how easy it is, how well it works, how you can microdose or get huge clouds. I love the removable battery. I could go on and on, and in fact wrote up a long review that I'm holding off on posting now because honestly, it's just tons of praise and there are lots of those posts already. :-)

What I don't love is that the wood on my FW7 cracked on Day 2- a vertical crack on the end of the unit where the heating chamber is, adjacent to the glued joint. Boo.

Marc had me send it back under warranty and sent me a replacement which arrived after about two weeks. Yay!

Yesterday, after a week of use, what do I see? The replacement unit is cracked, in practically the same place. Boooo.

Usage History: I babied both of these things, never left the house with them, never let them contact any liquids water or alcohol, and never used them above 370/380F. Used exclusively with WPA attachment and dry glass. No other issues besides a button that sticks occasionally but seems to be related to some rough wood in the button's recessed hole. I was able to smooth it out a bit so the button released again.

If it wasn't for the issues I've had, this thing would be hands down the best device I've ever experienced.

RazzleDazzle

Upload photos to imgur or imgbb.com and then post the URL or BB code here... That sucks, I'm sure he'll take care of you again, odd problem!

games-loaves0t

Hello fellow humans,

RazzleDazzle
I also only owned my FW7 for a few weeks and have had a similar issue. I've been conditioning my FW7 with beeswax/oil (multiple layers), and I got some on the ceramic bowl, so I turned on the heater a couple of times to burn off the beeswax/mineral oil residue. After the residue disappeared, I noticed a crack at the end of the FW7, near the heating chamber. That said, after the FW7 cooled down, the gap minimized to the point that it's barely noticeable. I wonder if it's just the wood expanding/contracting when it gets hot.

ezpz

Both my units have that "crack." I've had my first unit since February, and that "crack" has always been there. I really dont think its a crack at all. There is a line that goes all the way around the vape, including the battery side, and also the side with the 2 windows showing the electronics. I just think that crack in the front is just where the 2 wood pieces are glued together to encapsule the electronics. I could be wrong, but that was my assumption for the last 8 months.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I'm curious if the cracks are dominant with the finished or unfinished units?

Just to report in, mine is unfinished and in perfect health. I do give it a bit of dynawax from time to time.

Upload photos to imgur or imgbb.com and then post the URL or BB code here... That sucks, I'm sure he'll take care of you again, odd problem!

Thanks much, Shit Snacks. Here are the images of both units - both finished and both born in September 2021. Did not do any additional wood conditioning yet as both were still quite early in their lives - day 2 and 10 of use respectively. Both cracks go pretty much all the way through to the ceramic, become almost invisible when the unit sits overnight, but open up wide when used.

I'm optimistic that Marc will figure out what's going on and make it right based on the customer service track record here on the forums - I just need to remind myself to be patient and manage my disappointment in the meantime. I was considering backup devices if the FW7 is going to be my daily driver, and am tempted to pick up a TM or try for a p80 today...but really in my heart of hearts I just want TWO Fw7's that don't crack. :love:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah that just looks like a bad piece of wood, it can happen, bad luck to happen twice, but yeah it happens to a few people it seems... For what it's worth I have my original beta FW7 and my newer FW7 both from last year, are unfinished and have never seen any wax or butters, I have not had any issues at all with any wood parts or anything else, I am pretty careful with it though? Although I will say I just dropped the new one the other day when I was about to load it (holding too much in my hands with scoop grinder and vape, guess there is a reason I set the vape on the table when I load it normally) haha no problems at all though!

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I found my ultimate firewood 7 draw 😀

This method gives me the tastiest of tasty. If you haven't tried this, I suggest you do.

Set triple click to 420F. You can use this as a baseline to tweak.

Hold button until the ready buzz.

Once it's at temp release the button and draw until the second buzz. You can tweak holding the button an extra second or so.

This works amazingly well.

Yeah that just looks like a bad piece of wood, it can happen, bad luck to happen twice, but yeah it happens to a few people it seems... For what it's worth I have my original beta FW7 and my newer FW7 both from last year, are unfinished and have never seen any wax or butters, I have not had any issues at all with any wood parts or anything else, I am pretty careful with it though? Although I will say I just dropped the new one the other day when I was about to load it (holding too much in my hands with scoop grinder and vape, guess there is a reason I set the vape on the table when I load it normally) haha no problems at all though!

FW7 - Two units with Cracked wood - Warranty Update:

Marc got back to me - he said he doesn't have time to repair my cracked unit and didn't offer to replace it - he did say I could send it back for a refund, though. He mentioned the crack would not affect use or longevity. I would have expected and appreciated an offer of a replacement unit since it cost $300 with the WPA and both units cracked while brand new, using as the manual describes. The warranty does give Marc the discretion to handle warranty claims as he sees fit, however, so I can't technically complain - I knew what I was getting into when I bought it.

I asked if he knew why this was happening and was told I just had really bad luck to get two units cracking one after another. (He mentioned getting the unit wet with ISO would also lead to cracks, but I 100% didn't do that. The first unit cracked on day 2 before any cleaning at all.) I suppose I would have been more reassured if it seemed like Marc was interested in figuring out why these units failed on day 2 and 10, to prevent it from happening to future units.

I suppose if I really wanted to I could return it and then try to buy a new unit on the Sunday drops again...I mentioned I might buy a new unit to Marc and he replied that he would recommend waiting for the FW8...so maybe he's getting ready to drop that and is tired of working on the FW7 and its issues at this point? Maybe he doesn't know why the recent units are cracking? Maybe I annoyed him with my warranty requests? Maybe he's burned out? No idea. I'd say a lack of information in general is a theme with my experience so it's hard not to wonder why.

I don't know...I really love the FW7 but my experience has been mixed. If it wasn't for the cracking wood and button that occasionally sticks, there would be zero question that this is the Greatest-Of-All-Time portable vape...so disappointed at my bad luck. I'm not sure I want to gamble again, but I might because getting a crack-free FW7 that I can keep long-term in near pristine condition and use only at home was always the goal.

At the end of the day, it's a beautiful, artisanal, hand-crafted wooden device made by a single person which is both good and bad. YMMV based on luck.

RazzleDazzle

Vaporware

@RazzleDazzle Sorry about the bad luck and the response…he could be worried that the cracks are coming from something you’re doing and that new units would end up in the same condition, or maybe the 8 will be less likely to have these issues and it really is better to wait?

I can say that mine is nearly a year old now and I see no signs of anything like that and I haven’t heard a lot of similar complaints, so I think it probably is just bad luck.

I think he wanted to get the FW8 out this year, so I’m guessing it’ll be released within the next month and I’d be surprised if there were any real drawbacks compared to the 7, so you might want to consider getting a refund and trying to get an 8 (or another 7 if you want).

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
@RazzleDazzle I think he wanted to get the FW8 out this year, so I’m guessing it’ll be released within the next month
it's not like I check the firewood website twice a day, everyday to see if there's any update on the 8. Okay, I actually do that.

Good luck to everyone tomorow night going for the drop.

Last edited:

BeeSawd

it's not like I check the firewood website twice a day, everyday to see if there's any update on the 8. Okay, I actually do that.

Good luck to everyone tomorow night going for the drop.
Not gonna pretend I dont do the same haha, and absolutely GL everyone tomorrow!! You wont be disappointed

pinetrrizzle

anyone get an error message at checkout? had a unit and wpa in cart, and then:

[AgeChecker.Net] API key not authorized for this domain.

tried on multiple browsers and phone. sorry if this isn't the right place for this...

pinetrrizzle,
Reactions: BeeSawd

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
anyone get an error message at checkout? had a unit and wpa in cart, and then:

[AgeChecker.Net] API key not authorized for this domain.

tried on multiple browsers and phone. sorry if this isn't the right place for this...
Mine went through without any errors, appears that I may be joining the tribe finally. Units still showing available at 9:13 though so maybe something going on? Or has the market reached equilibrium? (from my econ 101 days, before some of you were even a gleam 😬)

Arawfish

Green Thumb
FW7 - Two units with Cracked wood - Warranty Update:

Marc got back to me - he said he doesn't have time to repair my cracked unit and didn't offer to replace it - he did say I could send it back for a refund, though. He mentioned the crack would not affect use or longevity. I would have expected and appreciated an offer of a replacement unit since it cost $300 with the WPA and both units cracked while brand new, using as the manual describes. The warranty does give Marc the discretion to handle warranty claims as he sees fit, however, so I can't technically complain - I knew what I was getting into when I bought it.

I asked if he knew why this was happening and was told I just had really bad luck to get two units cracking one after another. (He mentioned getting the unit wet with ISO would also lead to cracks, but I 100% didn't do that. The first unit cracked on day 2 before any cleaning at all.) I suppose I would have been more reassured if it seemed like Marc was interested in figuring out why these units failed on day 2 and 10, to prevent it from happening to future units.

I suppose if I really wanted to I could return it and then try to buy a new unit on the Sunday drops again...I mentioned I might buy a new unit to Marc and he replied that he would recommend waiting for the FW8...so maybe he's getting ready to drop that and is tired of working on the FW7 and its issues at this point? Maybe he doesn't know why the recent units are cracking? Maybe I annoyed him with my warranty requests? Maybe he's burned out? No idea. I'd say a lack of information in general is a theme with my experience so it's hard not to wonder why.

I don't know...I really love the FW7 but my experience has been mixed. If it wasn't for the cracking wood and button that occasionally sticks, there would be zero question that this is the Greatest-Of-All-Time portable vape...so disappointed at my bad luck. I'm not sure I want to gamble again, but I might because getting a crack-free FW7 that I can keep long-term in near pristine condition and use only at home was always the goal.

At the end of the day, it's a beautiful, artisanal, hand-crafted wooden device made by a single person which is both good and bad. YMMV based on luck.

RazzleDazzle
I’m pretty surprised at his reply! He fixed mine when it happened, but that was back in March. Ceramic was apparently too big for the wood. His fix was an entirely new body, so I guess he didn’t want to re-glue and clamp it. You could always try that out with a safe adhesive. But ultimately Marc is right, it doesn’t effect performance.

maybe fill the crack with gold, like the Chinese do, that would be sick.

Planck

believes in Dog
First visit to this thread, seemed like high time to check out the coveted vape.
I am greeted by cracks. :o

I asked if he knew why this was happening and was told I just had really bad luck to get two units cracking one after another.
wow.

These are tension (stretching) failures shown in the pictures.
Marc attributed this to the ceramic being too large for the wood.
That is technically correct I suppose. However I would say the wood cavity is to small for the ceramic. :brow: Regardless the too large ceramic or too small wood cavity was paired assembled and sold. That is a quality control production control issue plain and simple. This design doesn't have that much wiggle room.

I hesitate to add this but FWIW part of my work career was consulting/trouble shooting wood production failures of this nature and providing solutions.

Without knowing Marc or his work flow I will refrain from speculating on the source(s) of the problem(s)

Oils, waxes and finishes will do very little (nothing) to prevent this.

pinetrrizzle

Mine went through without any errors, appears that I may be joining the tribe finally. Units still showing available at 9:13 though so maybe something going on? Or has the market reached equilibrium? (from my econ 101 days, before some of you were even a gleam 😬)
thanks. yeah i've read these units go like that, so assumed it would be a tp80 kind of rush. i was surprised to see units still available a few minutes after drop, and then i was shocked that the "add to cart" button was still up 10 minutes later. i chalked it up to people having issues at checkout like myself, but maybe it's just me? i reached out to him to try to get more info. shop still gives me the same checkout error today on a work computer on a different network, so color me confused. oh well, at least these drop every sunday and i guess the 8 is around the corner.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
thanks. yeah i've read these units go like that, so assumed it would be a tp80 kind of rush. i was surprised to see units still available a few minutes after drop, and then i was shocked that the "add to cart" button was still up 10 minutes later. i chalked it up to people having issues at checkout like myself, but maybe it's just me? i reached out to him to try to get more info. shop still gives me the same checkout error today on a work computer on a different network, so color me confused. oh well, at least these drop every sunday and i guess the 8 is around the corner.
Idk if this applies in your situation, but I could not initially get past the CAPTCHA screen as it would not let me see the choices. I then temporarily disabled my VPN and all worked fine.

stonedmallone

Idk if this applies in your situation, but I could not initially get past the CAPTCHA screen as it would not let me see the choices. I then temporarily disabled my VPN and all worked fine.
My VPN is the cause of like 99 percent of my internet problems lol. It was even the reason I couldn't find the damn dynavap pumpkin last week on their site

pinetrrizzle

no active vpn either when trying to buy. at first visit i was prompted with the check box for 21 years of age, not sure if there should be more steps than that. oh well, thanks for the help. don't need to drag the thread any more down with my struggles, i'll get it figured out.

Top Bottom