Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I like my info to be as up to date as possible hehehe hohoho!

Is there a universal best wpa for it?

Haha yes that is up to date, some days are more active than others, you just need to skim backwards for any thread to see the latest on any vape basically! For the FW7, it has always been pretty universally adored, particularly this finalized design ;)

Yes the best WPA is to buy the one from firewood, it really is worth it, increases versatility of FW7, to use with a variety of pieces and configurations, it has a more simple shorter ceramic path within the wood, very easy to keep clean, almost makes it feel like you have two vapes in one!

If you search or skim, you will see there are some other options, to use dynastems that have male joints at the tip, but that does require you to invert the FW7, which is fine just personal preference of mine to keep it more level upright as you had loaded it, but it can be a little trickier results because some have carb holes and may not connect quite as well... Someone will pipe in I'm sure!

So yeah I say get the WPA from him and then you can just get any 14 to 14 or 14 to 18 male to male adapter to connect to whatever glass pieces you want! Jayhooks are highly recommended here as well :tup:

Oh and welcome to FC by the way!

NimChimpsky

Just had a chill-sunday session with my FW7. It's really grown on me. Gave it rub with some high grit sandpaper and another oil bath, it feel so smooth and shines nicely in the light :) I think one reason I wasn't picking it up as frequently initially, despite really enjoying the vapor quality/form factor, was that the bowl capacity is seemingly smaller than the other vapes I use (I do also find better performance with a 1/2 - 3/4 fill in this vape) and I was milking those bowls pretty quickly and wanting another session. However, I have since found I get better performance with a light 'pack' vs tamp, which I don't do in most of my vapes, so by the time I pack my herb I can fit as much as I normally do in my others and can have a nice lengthy session milking those lower temps.

While I haven't used it for this purpose yet because I don't vape out of the house much, the FW7 seems like it would be among the most portable/pocketable of my top-teir vapes.

@Corvoed Yea just grab a standard 14 male to 14/18 male joint, or a specifically designed pipe with a 14mm male like some have shown on this thread. I'm a j hook advocate myself and don't use water often, but of course everyone has their own preferences! The stock setup without wpa I find is actually nice too.

Also, with my new Flower Mill I can use my Rogue Wax Works scoop/tamp tool again as it was pretty unusable for me with my BCG (magnet) :rockon:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Just had a chill-sunday session with my FW7. It's really grown on me. Gave it rub with some high grit sandpaper and another oil bath, it feel so smooth and shines nicely in the light :) I think one reason I wasn't picking it up as frequently initially, despite really enjoying the vapor quality/form factor, was that the bowl capacity is seemingly smaller than the other vapes I use (I do also find better performance with a 1/2 - 3/4 fill in this vape) and I was milking those bowls pretty quickly and wanting another session. However, I have since found I get better performance with a light 'pack' vs tamp, which I don't do in most of my vapes, so by the time I pack my herb I can fit as much as I normally do in my others and can have a nice lengthy session milking those lower temps.

Oh! Yeah, you weren't tamping before? Not like the other pure convection vapes, all the conduction here makes tamping very effective, similarly I like to use a more fine grind here, more importantly as consistent as possible (FM finer plates would be great for this I imagine!) Milk those low temps!

Also, with my new Flower Mill I can use my Rogue Wax Works scoop/tool again as it was pretty unusable for me with my BCG (magnet)

Haha yeah, have to be very careful using that scoop with a BCG, especially the regular size, Rogue now has xl scoops that are non-magnetic so I'm getting one of those soon...

ezpz

@Corvoed
If you're serious about getting an Fw7, restock is today at 9pm EST.
I agree with the posts above. The best WPA is the Fw7 WPA. However, Fw7 stock gets sold out fast. If you're planning on getting one, don't get the WPA at the same time. Get the Fw7 first, if you succeed, then order a wpa, and any other accessories you want. Fw7 might sell out when adding other items to your cart.

There are some changes on the firewood site. Looks like Marc is only selling finished (beeswax) fw7. For $269. With a loading funnel.
Good luck. 👍🙏

NimChimpsky

Oh! Yeah, you weren't tamping before? Not like the other pure convection vapes, all the conduction here makes tamping very effective, similarly I like to use a more fine grind here, more importantly as consistent as possible (FM finer plates would be great for this I imagine!) Milk those low temps!
Oh my phrasing was bad there lol. I was indeed tamping before, but a pretty light tamp like with my pure convections, but I find a heavier tamp (what I would call a 'light pack' :lol:) works best for me with the FW7. Yeah forgot to mention I have also moved to a finer grind - thanks for reminding me I have yet to try the finest FM plate which I will today in the FW7!

Rogue now has xl scoops that are non-magnetic so I'm getting one of those soon...
Oh shit! I gotta check that out, so glad he finally got his own site setup and wont be subject to etsy wiping his store randomly anymore (unless he is also still staying on etsy. but last I looked he only had a couple items on there)

Edit: Ok I just had a bowl with the finest plate (I think it's called ultra fine) and WOW.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Oh my phrasing was bad there lol. I was indeed tamping before, but a pretty light tamp like with my pure convections, but I find a heavier tamp (what I would call a 'light pack' :lol:) works best for me with the FW7. Yeah forgot to mention I have also moved to a finer grind - thanks for reminding me I have yet to try the finest FM plate which I will today in the FW7!

Oh shit! I gotta check that out, so glad he finally got his own site setup and wont be subject to etsy wiping his store randomly anymore (unless he is also still staying on etsy. but last I looked he only had a couple items on there)

Edit: Ok I just had a bowl with the finest plate (I think it's called ultra fine) and WOW.

Yes yes that makes sense, good description for the loading! And also I don't have those two finer plates for my FM, but not surprised they are fantastic for FW7 use!

Yeah I don't know if Rogue has listed those scoops on his new website yet, they were in the Etsy store before it got deleted again, I think he mentioned there that he is still going to list a few items, but is pretty much fully migrated to his new site (and actually has even more wide variety of items there now and will keep adding of course!)

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
I was F5-ing like a mofo lol. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the first order of this drop

Also, I don't know a whole lot about 18650 batteries. Would these batteries work fine for the FW7?:

and

Shit Snacks

Also, I don't know a whole lot about 18650 batteries. Would these batteries work fine for the FW7?:

and

No these do not have enough amps, you want: Sony Murata VTC6 or VTC5A ideally, Molicell P26A and P28A are great but could be a tight fit in the FW7, Samsung 25R (potentially 30Q but those also tight fit) and LG HE4 or HG2 not sure of any others though

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
No these do not have enough amps, you want: Sony Murata VTC6 or VTC5A ideally, Molicell P26A and P28A are great but could be a tight fit in the FW7, Samsung 25R (potentially 30Q but those also tight fit) and LG HE4 or HG2 not sure of any others though
Thanks for that! Picked up two 25Rs

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Don't forget an external charger. Fw7 can't charge internally. And don't get a crappy one either. I use nitecore i2. But there are other good ones also. 👍
I have the same one as you haha

I have 18650s for other devices, but I knew FW7 needed that straight powah

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Does anyone know when the price jumped up to $269? I swear it was 215 when I bought mine.

Arawfish,

NimChimpsky

Does anyone know when the price jumped up to $269? I swear it was 215 when I bought mine.
It was $225 when I bought mine (unfinished) and I believe 30 for the finishing option (255). It's now only offered finished and the price was raised an additional $14 I suppose to account for the added funnel which will be nice. Now that I've gotten used to it, I don't find it difficult to load and drop herb into the battery terminal, though I think the funnel will be helpful for a lot of folks, particularly on the go!

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
I do kinda wish I could have not been forced to get the finished version, I mean don't get me wrong, I'm gonna LOVE that it's finished, but I would have gladly taken the unfinished version for 40 bucks less. The 3d printed funnel also doesn't matter to me because they share the STL file on the website and I could have just printed it myself.

I'm not really upset, I know I'm about to get a quality product either way and the finished version looks great. But still, y'know? That 40 bucks could have been a WPA and Male to Male connector.

Top Bottom