Firewood Vaporizer

Duba

Accessory Maker
I do think four to five bowls is a reasonable estimation for the battery life here, depending on the battery, that's with my not-new Sony Murata VTC6.
Others can confirm the capacity of a battery with the FW7? i ask because i bought Molicell P28A and I wonder about their quality : 3 bowls and it indicates me level 1...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You’re right, I only know for sure that mine easily touches the adapter to the inner tube of the inception stem. It looks normal and well made to me so I assumed they would all have that issue, but if yours stays open maybe I should give it another try.

It definitely did touch and I could feel the restricted draw. Since it’s a bit heavy and it sticks out I didn’t think it would stay in a position where it was open, but this is a new stem so maybe with a little residue buildup it would stick in a place that works?

If you push yours in does it seal off the outer portion of the stem? Maybe the length or diameter of the inner stem has changed? :shrug:

I don’t want to keep anyone from trying this combination and I think it would work well if the inner tube or adapter was shorter, but assuming mine is normal I wouldn’t buy one just to try on a FW7. Relying on the stem being dirty/sticky to keep the airflow open enough doesn’t sound appealing to me, especially with the stem always sticking out so it could be pushed together in my pocket when not in use.

If you’re just using it at home though, it may be a more stable setup. :)

So mine is the V1, where the inner spiked stem is not fixed, so it will rattle until there is enough goo in there making it stick to the bottom... Those are no longer available, all inception stems are now V2, with the inner spiked stem fixed for no rattling, just like the inception hooks... So I think we need to hear from anyone else trying to use the V2 inception stem (bought from this past 420 sale) with their FW7, to see if this is a problem with all of them!

It's been mentioned here before, but the large scoop and tamp from theroguewaxworks is the perfect tool for loading. But he's moving from etsy and has his own website now.

Yes yes yes, thank you for sharing this one! Beat me to it, his stuff is the best, and this is a must-have FW7 tool, he has them available in a wide variety of styles and colors!

Others can confirm the capacity of a battery with the FW7? i ask because i bought Molicell P28A and I wonder about their quality : 3 bowls and it indicates me level 1...

Okay so the Molicell should be great, they have high amps so really good for single cell use, however I have not tried them in my FW7 because of their thick wrapping (instead I use them in my TM and TP80 where they give me the best performance out of any others, since those vapes use very high wattage) but so with an LG HE4 cell that is similar to the P26A (P28A only has 200mah more than those anyway so not much capacity difference really, they are between LG HE4 and HG2 basically, and those two cells give similar performance but HG2 can eke out another bowl and the VTC6 can get even one more possibly than that)

Anyway to cut to the chase, three bowls with a battery like that is totally normal, depending on your usage, how many hits did you take? How long were those hits, how did you use the button how did you inhale, how much did you load and how did you load it?? See, there are a lot of variables, but your performance sounds perfectly normal to me!

Duba

Accessory Maker
:nod:
About 4-5 bowls a battery sounds right. Maybe you're more of a high temp, heavy handed user? Or shitty battery? IDK.
Yes, I am....😇
Anyway to cut to the chase, three bowls with a battery like that is totally normal, depending on your usage,
OK Thanks. I haven't been using these batteries for very long, so I'm not sure where I stand with my devices. The Lil'Bud, unregulated, leaves me even more confused to understand the capacity of the batteries...I'm glad to read that 3-4 bowls is normal with an 18650.
I find that all this gymnastics with the batteries remains the major drawback of battery powered vapes. I had bought the Mighty at first for that but I quickly sold it because it lacked character!
My Omni (my 1st vape) will always have a special place in my rotation for this. Even though I love my battery powered vapes too...:rofl:

Shit Snacks

Yes, I am....😇

OK Thanks. I haven't been using these batteries for very long, so I'm not sure where I stand with my devices. The Lil'Bud, unregulated, leaves me even more confused to understand the capacity of the batteries...I'm glad to read that 3-4 bowls is normal with an 18650.
I find that all this gymnastics with the batteries remains the major drawback of battery powered vapes. I had bought the Mighty at first for that but I quickly sold it because it lacked character!
My Omni (my 1st vape) will always have a special place in my rotation for this. Even though I love my battery powered vapes too...:rofl:

Haha yeah there are so many variables, I think 2-6 bowls is the full range for battery life depending on all the variables, so getting 4 right in the middle is a pretty solid average!

Stonedbadger

It's been mentioned here before, but the large scoop and tamp from theroguewaxworks is the perfect tool for loading. But he's moving from etsy and has his own website now.
I totally agree! That large scoop and tamp from rogue wax works has changed my life! Its brilliant for the FW7 and works well with others like anything with a glass stem pack such as the P80 for instance

west-elec

WARNING AUS PEOPLE- DO NOT USE LABGLASS
I posted this last week;
Got the quote from Labglass in Brisbane for custom cooling mouthpieces.
Custom dimpled L hook, like in my pics- 14mm male joint, 13mm tube, 2.2mm wall, 125mm long, 9 dimples. AU$53 ea (about US$41)
Custom dimpled J hook- 17mm tube, 2.2mm wall, 250mm long, 12 dimples, tapered mouthpiece end. 14mm male joint AU$59 ea, 18mm male joint AU$60 ea (about US$47)
I have to pay 10% tax, but export is exempt. Postage depends on distance and quantity, they will quote when you inquire. Local is $15.
They use German Schott boro and do very nice work from the 2 orders I have given them. Packaging is OTT with small parts swimming in a sea of shredded paper in a big box. Roughly 2 weeks from payment to shipping.
I've ordered one of the 14mm J hooks, so if you want to wait to see pics before you order I should have it in about 2 weeks.
They are an industrial supplier so wouldn't be able to do fancy works of art like @Shit Snacks gets, but standard fittings are no problem, see their old school catalogue for ideas. Labglass catalogue
email Graham at labglass.office@gmail.com
If you call them "Custom dimpled L, or J mouthpiece" he will know what specs we are talking.
Received this alarming email yesterday;
We will be supplying your prepaid order as arranged when complete.

We have however be advised by the drug squad (with whom we are closely in touch on an almost daily basis due the reporting requirements of the law within our industry) that do not want us to manufacture further units of the your mouth pieces.
There must be a reporting requirement for glass manufacturers (probably more to do with ice pipes, not sure), so avoid this supplier if you are in Aus and be aware of this reporting requirement- I had no idea.

Shit Snacks

Yeah, that’s been under the radar and I need to study that a bit. Not having much luck with the P80 lottery system (I’m 0-2 the last drops for varied reasons and I’ll likely miss the next one in a couple of days). Don’t mind waiting for a vape, hell I waited for my original Hopper for 15 months, but I want to know I’m getting something I want. I’ve thought about a second TM but I’ve duplicated a few other vapes in the past and would like something different. Portable of course, though I can’t rule out my first desktop not too far down the road.

Quoting you here to be on topic, so the FW7 talk starts on page 200 or 205 btw or you can just skim backwards... Seems there is going to be a drop this Sunday and regular weekly drops again for a bit... Tetra esque bum rush, but may be better luck for you!

Edit: browsing glass tonight and came across this on DHgate, SunshineStore always reliable seller, similar to those juice box rigs, nice to have a 14 mm male to connect to directly to FW7 with WPA??

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Quoting you here to be on topic, so the FW7 talk starts on page 200 or 205 btw or you can just skim backwards... Seems there is going to be a drop this Sunday and regular weekly drops again for a bit... Tetra esque bum rush, but may be better luck for you!

Edit: browsing glass tonight and came across this on DHgate, SunshineStore always reliable seller, similar to those juice box rigs, nice to have a 14 mm male to connect to directly to FW7 with WPA??
Thanks! I’m studying the FW7 as a potential purchase. Glass not so much because I like to keep things simple and native. I do have a few varied size glass options for external cooling, not so much varied stems. TGIF. :peace:

Shit Snacks

Thanks! I’m studying the FW7 as a potential purchase. Glass not so much because I like to keep things simple and native. I do have a few varied size glass options for external cooling, not so much varied stems. TGIF. :peace:

Haha yeah that glass was more for everyone else, no one posted so I had to edit!

Although I do highly recommend glass jayhooks as you know, and getting the FW7 along with its WPA as well (similar to getting WPAs with TM when ordering that too!)

Duba

Accessory Maker
I don't know about you, but I notice that the avb with the FW7 is darker on the bottom than on the top of the bowl (logically enough).
So I like to stir a little before finishing the bowl. Then, I made a little scoop (following your tips) and stirrer, knowing that the tamp is on the lid of the FW7 (as mentioned by Marc in his user manual 🤓). very useful accessory!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I don't know about you, but I find that the avb with the FW7 is darker on the bottom than on the top of the bowl (logically enough).
So I like to stir a little before finishing the bowl. Then, I made a little scoop and stirrer, knowing that the tamp is on the lid of the FW7 (as mentioned by Marc in his user manual 🤓). very useful accessory!

Nice! yeah it's true you don't need the scoop and tamp, but a little poke tool to empty the bowl is nice, I've been using three separate tools at home why not lol

I've never had any need to stir mid session though in one bowl, perhaps you are packing a lot in? I noticed what you are describing more if it is overloaded, you are after all cooling it down from the top a bit, depending how you inhale, if you go slow you can get more convection going and get the top darker... But yes the bottom is deeper into the ceramic chamber and seeing more conduction, more roasted... But yeah the way I load most often three quarters full, my extraction is even enough and plenty thorough for my needs.

Duba

Accessory Maker
The idea could be a stronger draw at the beginning to take advantage of the underground power (more conduction) and finish with a slower draw to roast the top of the bowl (with more convection)?

Shit Snacks

The idea could be a stronger draw at the beginning to take advantage of the underground power (more conduction) and finish with a slower draw to roast the top of the bowl (with more convection)?
I thought it was the opposite. The faster draw uses more convection (roastier top), and a slower draw uses more conduction (charred bottom).

It kind of depends, a slow draw will both allow for more conduction and more convection, make your temps feel higher, a fast draw would cool it down quicker although it is pretty capable keeping up, so yeah that can also bring in more convection and cause you to pull more vapor from the conduction... Another thing to keep in mind is how you are loading it, a consistent grind is always ideal with a good tamp here, but a finer grind should result in deeper conduction whereas coarser grind could be more conducive for more convection... So try what you mentioned, the opposite as well, and everything in between... I also always keep drawing until I stop seeing vapor flow to fully clear each hit ideally (no visual stock style)

Duba

Accessory Maker
Anyway, I like the hybrid system of the FW7, it well designed and efficient!
in the end, it requires little special technique to meet expectations (compared to other vaporizers).
First, i'll try to load less to get a more consistent avb even if I like the ritual of stirring at the end of the bowl which allows, I find, to put back a layer of milky vapor.

Shit Snacks

Anyway, I like the hybrid system of the FW7, it well designed and efficient!
in the end, it requires little special technique to meet expectations (compared to other vaporizers).
First, i'll try to load less to get a more consistent avb even if I like the ritual of stirring at the end of the bowl which allows, I find, to put back a layer of milky vapor.

Yeah the truth is this is a hybrid so it's not really quite like anything else! Fantastic design, very pure and efficient, consistently effective! Again Marc :bowdown:

Yeah I often empty my bowls when I start to taste, I could stir maybe to get another decent tasting hit, but it's not worth it to me? Yes definitely try loading less though if you were loading a full bowl, but whatever works best for you of course!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: ezpz
Top Bottom