Firewood Vaporizer

west-elec

I do kinda wish I could have not been forced to get the finished version, I mean don't get me wrong, I'm gonna LOVE that it's finished, but I would have gladly taken the unfinished version for 40 bucks less. The 3d printed funnel also doesn't matter to me because they share the STL file on the website and I could have just printed it myself.

I'm not really upset, I know I'm about to get a quality product either way and the finished version looks great. But still, y'know? That 40 bucks could have been a WPA and Male to Male connector.
I wouldn't be surprised if the unfinished version ends up at this price down the road. Sold out in less than 15 minutes shows he could be charging a lot more, and this looks like an adjustment. Still a sweet deal and he makes it sweeter with the funnel. You were one of the lucky ones 🥳

BeeSawd

I wouldn't be surprised if the unfinished version ends up at this price down the road. Sold out in less than 15 minutes shows he could be charging a lot more, and this looks like an adjustment. Still a sweet deal and he makes it sweeter with the funnel. You were one of the lucky ones 🥳
My thoughts exactly, the market dictates the price and right now the markets definitely there, 15 minutes to sell out is crazy!

west-elec

I pulled the trigger at 9:01pm last night too. Do I need another vape? Not really, but could not resist. Now my Splinter z, Milaana 2 and Argo will have company…
They will be jealous, because you won't pick them up again for some time and they will all go down one step in your favourite list.
Just so you are ready for the adjustment you all have to make. Good times 👍

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I pulled the trigger at 9:01pm last night too. Do I need another vape? Not really, but could not resist. Now my Splinter z, Milaana 2 and Argo will have company…
Congratulations. Yeah, I love the Firewood7 and think your Z and Milaana 2 will complement it nicely. The FW7 is quicker off the line than most Z setups but it's also less flexible for temp stepping and won't rival the flavor your Z can deliver at low temps.

The hits will probably feel more like your Milaana 2 unless you typically use your Z in wattage. I only used my FW7 for a few weeks before following @Shit Snacks' example and lowering all three of my preset temps (350, 370, and 390° in my case).

The way the ceramic oven holds heat you can get dense hits at lower target temps than you'd think. The hybrid heating has its own appeal and is different from RBT convection bliss.

Do you have your Z on a Red Panda mod? Treat your Z to an Espion or Ravage230 if they ever go on sale again for the best TC and wattage performance.
PXL_20210518_203749218.jpg

Last edited:

MattyStee

$7 was for upgraded shipping. I got the $3 shipping and now I sure wish I didn't haha

Ah dang, sorry. Yeah I recall now - I had been having enough trouble with USPS at work and I figured an extra $4 was worth the possibility of less trouble haha

MattyStee,
Reactions: BeeSawd

Not Invented Here

I'm new here, but not new to vaping. I found this forum and this thread while obsessively trying to live vicariously through other people's pics, videos, and reports about the FW7 while I waited the long 5-6 weeks interval between ordering and receiving. The end of my waiting is near. Barring any cataclysm or catastrophe, my precious should arrive tomorrow. I decided to speak up and end my lurking to thank all of you for your information, advice, and recommendations. I literally cannot contain my excitement. I even yesterday ordered a custom sherlock style j-hook from OGB based on one bossman had had made like a year ago. Thanks again, I'm glad y'all probably understand how hyped I am waiting for this delivery, and I'm glad you all probably know my anticipation is completely warranted. I wish I found this forum years ago.

Texus

I'm new here, but not new to vaping. I found this forum and this thread while obsessively trying to live vicariously through other people's pics, videos, and reports about the FW7 while I waited the long 5-6 weeks interval between ordering and receiving. The end of my waiting is near. Barring any cataclysm or catastrophe, my precious should arrive tomorrow. I decided to speak up and end my lurking to thank all of you for your information, advice, and recommendations. I literally cannot contain my excitement. I even yesterday ordered a custom sherlock style j-hook from OGB based on one bossman had had made like a year ago. Thanks again, I'm glad y'all probably understand how hyped I am waiting for this delivery, and I'm glad you all probably know my anticipation is completely warranted. I wish I found this forum years ago.
I think you will really enjoy it. Good move on that OGB J-hook. Love J-hook as my fave way of hitting FW7.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

We come to things, when we come to them, the important thing is you're here now, so welcome to FC! Looking forward to see that

Edit: Oh and what about this, basic circ, with a male, could be good for FW7 too!
Screenshot-20210609-201412.png

Screenshot-20210609-201831.png

Or perhaps this one:
Screenshot-20210609-205301.png

Last edited:

MattyStee

Got mine! Not sure why, but I expected it to be bigger - and I'm pleasantly surprised by that

Still getting the hang of it... Defaults were way too hot for me so I've set it to 330, 360, and 380. Might even lower them a step depending on final technique, 380 got me a couple tiny pieces that were a little blackened for my taste. But to be fair I was testing the thing out a lot and I got a bit over-medicated rather quickly so I may have been careless... this lil' guy definitely hits. I'm enough of a lightweight that testing with CBD should be my go-to haha. But I think it might already be my new favorite portable.

Can anyone with both devices compare the FW7's draw speed to, say, an e-nano? That thing can really keep up with a fast draw so I'm wondering how your technique with the FW is by comparison.

And are y'all letting go of the button and drawing until the cooldown buzz?

Also, quick shoutout to @Shit Snacks for the great recommendation, stoked on the choice so far.

Shit Snacks

Got mine! Not sure why, but I expected it to be bigger - and I'm pleasantly surprised by that

Still getting the hang of it... Defaults were way too hot for me so I've set it to 330, 360, and 380. Might even lower them a step depending on final technique, 380 got me a couple tiny pieces that were a little blackened for my taste. But to be fair I was testing the thing out a lot and I got a bit over-medicated rather quickly so I may have been careless... this lil' guy definitely hits. I'm enough of a lightweight that testing with CBD should be my go-to haha. But I think it might already be my new favorite portable.

Can anyone with both devices compare the FW7's draw speed to, say, an e-nano? That thing can really keep up with a fast draw so I'm wondering how your technique with the FW is by comparison.

And are y'all letting go of the button and drawing until the cooldown buzz?

Also, quick shoutout to @Shit Snacks for the great recommendation, stoked on the choice so far.

Glad you are enjoying it!!

The FW7 presets are designed more with a fast draw in mind, so if you had to lower yours significantly you are probably drawing slow, which is what I like to do long and slow, so my temp settings are very low because you can milk a lot out of them!

So yes, I always continue drawing until the cooldown buzz and usually after the buzz even, it's great with a hook because you can watch the vapor flowing and literally see when it stops, as I like to clear my hits fully of vapor and heat...

What's great is so much variety of technique works here, there is a lot of control available to the user, I would suggest skimming backwards through the thread for other tips from other users, I feel like we've seen a lot of different styles in here though they are all very satisfied I think!

triskelion

Which is cooler between the two OGB L hooks for dry, the short L hook w/ pinches, or the longer inverted L w/o pinches, sorry at a loss for those OGB terms.

triskelion,

Shit Snacks

Which is cooler between the two OGB L hooks for dry, the short L hook w/ pinches, or the longer inverted L w/o pinches, sorry at a loss for those OGB terms.

Do you have a link to the one without spikes? I'm not sure what you're talking about, I thought there was only one long one with the spikes that was listed on his site now...

Shit Snacks,

Interstelar Space

My firewood arrived yesterday, a few days ahead of schedule! When i saw it was our for delivery, I waited patiently for the postman by the front door getting ready by studying the manual and reading this thread for tips. I had some charged Sony Vt-6 batteries ready to go. When it arrived, did a quick burn off and played around with the button to learn how it works. I chiefly vape on the downlow, so i dont usually have the opportunity to test things out carefully and scientifically in a controlled setting. I had to put this thing to work, ‘out in the field’ so to speak. I leashed up the dogs and loaded a bowl (with included 3d printed funnel tool, easy) I set it to the first preset and off it went. I took deep, and long draws(like i do with my argo) and proceeded to wreck my lungs on 2 massive hits. I have to work on finding the technique that works for me and get used to the controls. But wow! Impressive.

This thing is a beast! It feels so light and small. Not delicate… more like a beautiful handmade violin that is super responsive and fast. I am very happy with my purchase, and i appreciate everyone in this thread for sharing their wisdom and expertise…. But yes, i am a fan of the FW7 for sure…

Top Bottom