Firewood Vaporizer

DonnaMo

Got my Firewood 9 in the mail yesterday and it won’t charge. The green charging light doesn’t come on. I’ve taken off the battery protector and double checked my cord is working. Any other advice? It’s a beautiful little piece I’d love to get working.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Got my Firewood 9 in the mail yesterday and it won’t charge. The green charging light doesn’t come on. I’ve taken off the battery protector and double checked my cord is working. Any other advice? It’s a beautiful little piece I’d love to get working.
Sounds like you gotta contact Marc. Or just take the battery out and charge it normally.

P.S do you have the right charger? Not all the cords I have will work. Something about the new chargers doesn’t sit right with the Firewood and I have to use regular USB to USB C cords. Anything with a double sided usb c cable doesn’t seem to work.

FatOldEnt

My FW4 suddenly stopped heating so I emailed Marc but he never responded. I mean, I get that it's 5 generations old now but I love the thing and would really love to get it working again. I've had to use my Dynavap M but I really miss my Firewood.

Has anyone been able to disassemble and fix their old Firewood?

FatOldEnt,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
My FW4 suddenly stopped heating so I emailed Marc but he never responded. I mean, I get that it's 5 generations old now but I love the thing and would really love to get it working again. I've had to use my Dynavap M but I really miss my Firewood.

I think he is just swamped right now due to the 9’s release. A few posts ago several other posters mentioned this when trying to contact him. Remember this is one guy, not s&b.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Sent my FW8 to Marc on 5/10.
Received an invoice for a FW9 on 5/12. It stated that my item would be reserved until 5/14.
I submitted payment on 5/13.
Received my order confirmation on 5/14.

I've never tried disassembling mine on purpose but it did once undergo RUM (rapid unplanned disassembly) after I dropped in on the floor. :rofl:
Marc was able to fix it for me.

If you can't get your FW4 fixed you might want to check in the clasifieds for another.

dog walker

Sent my FW8 to Marc on 5/10.
Received an invoice for a FW9 on 5/12. It stated that my item would be reserved until 5/14.
I submitted payment on 5/13.
Received my order confirmation on 5/14.

I've never tried disassembling mine on purpose but it did once undergo RUM (rapid unplanned disassembly) after I dropped in on the floor. :rofl:
Marc was able to fix it for me.

If you can't get your FW4 fixed you might want to check in the clasifieds for another.

I contacted Marc directly to order with the $50 off for early adopters of the fw8. My timeline:

Email request sent 5/8
Invoice sent by Mark 5/8
Invoice paid 5/8
Shipping notification received 5/10
FW9 received in SE US on 5/12.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
So, I totally just found one of my capsules out in the driveway, very clearly ran over and depressed into the dirt (not a pavement or concrete driveway) and when I dislodged it out of the ground, it was perfectly intact :rockon:I’m sure the fact that it was sitting flat on its bottom helped it not to break, if it was on its side it would have surely been in a bunch of pieces, but still a lot stronger than I thought!

moondog

So, I totally just found one of my capsules out in the driveway, very clearly ran over and depressed into the dirt (not a pavement or concrete driveway) and when I dislodged it out of the ground, it was perfectly intact :rockon:I’m sure the fact that it was sitting flat on its bottom helped it not to break, if it was on its side it would have surely been in a bunch of pieces, but still a lot stronger than I thought!
Obviously, you should sell it (at an inflated price) as a relic'ed custom version.

Bigdave

I just got my 9 after sending in my 8 and he absolutely did tear down my 8 and build it into a 9. very cool! I didn't know the 9 has a feature for dislodging caps stuck in the oven! this is great!
That's pretty interesting. I bought a 9 and already have the eight so I'm struggling to see how he's done that unless it's a whole new wooden body and the rest of the part from your 8, how could you tell?

Also still loving my 8 slightly more than my 9 to be honest and I'm not exactly sure why. I think my 8 runs at a slightly hotter temperature. I did also get a bit of a pva glue kind of smell in the vapour at first using the 9 which I didn't get with the 8.

moondog

My 9 arrived today. I haven't used it yet but it is gorgeous. The usual top-notch workmanship we expect from Marc.

It is almost imperceptibly bigger than my 7 and all the corners are rounded off except for the upper outer corners of the oven section.

The USB port and charging indicator light are reasonably discreet.

Unlike the 8, this one came with printed instructions which include a diagram that explains how to use the capsule dislodging tool. What I didn't understand is that you're supposed to insert it into the slot on the outside of the body (at the oven end). I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Getting the battery in and out of the body is nice and easy. Mine is charging up now.

Can't wait to try it.

More later.

Not Invented Here

a whole new wooden body and the rest of the part from your 8, how could you tell?
Yeah you got it, I could tell by the stains on the ceramics. There are probably some new parts in there (he sent me a new fw9 oven lid as well as my old fw8 lid) but he said in the email he would re-use as much as possible. It makes sense to me now why he offered the rebate if you sent in one battery even though the people he was offering the rebate to had two batteries. The electronics in the battery pack are probably important in the 9. The battery in the 9 on arrival had marks from previously attached metal tabs on both ends so I'm sure it's the same battery that was in the pack. I sent him an 8 and I'm pretty sure he gave me most of everything back, but as you said, with a new wooden body. Pretty ideal outcome if you ask me. When I heard about the 9 I would have wished for this kind of opportunity if it didn't exist, the 8 performs fine obviously but if the 9 is the 8 with compatible batteries with the tinymight, toad, and fw7?? It's a no-brainer.

I've changed up my style a little since the fw8, now I pack the capsules really really tight and only like 1/2 full and I like it very much. no spillage to speak of.

RxPlorer

Yeah you got it, I could tell by the stains on the ceramics. There are probably some new parts in there (he sent me a new fw9 oven lid as well as my old fw8 lid) but he said in the email he would re-use as much as possible. It makes sense to me now why he offered the rebate if you sent in one battery even though the people he was offering the rebate to had two batteries. The electronics in the battery pack are probably important in the 9. The battery in the 9 on arrival had marks from previously attached metal tabs on both ends so I'm sure it's the same battery that was in the pack. I sent him an 8 and I'm pretty sure he gave me most of everything back, but as you said, with a new wooden body. Pretty ideal outcome if you ask me. When I heard about the 9 I would have wished for this kind of opportunity if it didn't exist, the 8 performs fine obviously but if the 9 is the 8 with compatible batteries with the tinymight, toad, and fw7?? It's a no-brainer.

I've changed up my style a little since the fw8, now I pack the capsules really really tight and only like 1/2 full and I like it very much. no spillage to speak of.
This is really starting to sound like a vape for me (9). Damn, I wish my nomad/toad number was up at this point. I'm really trying to be a vape minimalist :(

Vinter

If I could only have one vape it would absolutely be the fw7 but if the 9 had a WPA as nice as the 7 it might be a tough choice

:D

This is really starting to sound like a vape for me (9). Damn, I wish my nomad/toad number was up at this point. I'm really trying to be a vape minimalist :(

I haven't hardly touched my Milaana or Angus since I got my FW8/9... I think I get a little bit better flavor out of both of those other devices... something about the FW. I love the thing.

Top Bottom