Firewood Vaporizer

Mad_Max

Interesting...my FW8 gets full, even extraction everytime..I'd imagine my FW9 will do the same.

I really need to find one of these FW7 that are praised so highly.
I bought the last FW7 I've seen advertised about a month ago on discord/entexchange. Somebody's going to put one up soon so they can get a 9 i bet.

Mad_Max,
Reactions: chililvr
I have put a lot of usage on my 9 this week, and have a lot of new thoughts about it.

I humbly retract most of my statements regarding tweezers. I have started packing .15 grams of flower super tight in my ceramic capsules by using the middle magnet of my Brilliant Cut Grinder. The extraction is fantastic and the capsules are super easy to toss around without losing flower when you pack tightly. I still don't love that I cannot remove the flower immediately after usage because of the hot capsule, but I have learned that the capsules cools down to a touchable temperature relatively fast, and I haven't minded that waiting time. Having 3 loaded capsules at the ready is worth the tradeoff of waiting 15 seconds to unload spent flower IMO.

I am liking this device enough where I am considering attempting to trade one of my 7s for an 8 setup.

Vinter

I have put a lot of usage on my 9 this week, and have a lot of new thoughts about it.

I humbly retract most of my statements regarding tweezers. I have started packing .15 grams of flower super tight in my ceramic capsules by using the middle magnet of my Brilliant Cut Grinder. The extraction is fantastic and the capsules are super easy to toss around without losing flower when you pack tightly. I still don't love that I cannot remove the flower immediately after usage because of the hot capsule, but I have learned that the capsules cools down to a touchable temperature relatively fast, and I haven't minded that waiting time. Having 3 loaded capsules at the ready is worth the tradeoff of waiting 15 seconds to unload spent flower IMO.

I am liking this device enough where I am considering attempting to trade one of my 7s for an 8 setup.

Yeah, and packing that hard I think produces better vapor as well!!

I took the oven, capsule and glass from the 9 and put it in my 8, so it's all "brand new" like. I might be interested in a trade but otherwise gonna put it up for sale in the next few days with three batteries.

Vinter,

Dynadabber420

I love my FW8. Had it since November. It has replaced my FW7 as my on the go vape.

I remember reading people were having issues loading the 7 before I got mine, when it arrived it reminded me of packing a spoon….not an issue for me. I ended up getting a RWW scoop & tamp that works great with it.

A lot of people seem to have an issue with the FW8/9 capsules or caps in general. I personally like them because its nice to head out with a full flight of caps & 1 in the device. It takes me maybe 10 min. to load all 4 caps. I just push the caps into my grinder & twist like I would my lamart stems. Then I use the little “handle” on the cap holder to tamp them down… works great. I load all 3 into the holder the 4th I use a “T” pin to make a “hole” in the center of the load then put it into the FW. I read that tip on here I believe it works great. I carry my FW8 in a small dime bags case with a “T” pin, I just put a hole in them before loading each one as necessary.

As for the tweezers I never needed them. The caps certainly do stick to the mp joint. When cold I simply engage the heater for like 3-5 seconds then use my finger to pry it loose & tap it into my hand. When hot I tap the cap into my hand & move it quickly to an appropriate surface to cool. The holder works well to cool in. I don’t always handle hot caps right after a session but I have & they do cool quick especially once they are out of the oven.

FWs have been my out of the house daily drivers for 2 years I love them. The 7 & 8 IMO are very similar.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Has anyone been in contact with Marc lately via email and had a response? If so, which email address did you use? I have sent him two emails over the last week at an email address that has always worked in the past but there's been silence from his end. I know he's busy with the FW9 rollout, but I just want to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks.

moondog,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Has anyone been in contact with Marc lately via email and had a response? If so, which email address did you use? I have sent him two emails over the last week at an email address that has always worked in the past but there's been silence from his end. I know he's busy with the FW9 rollout, but I just want to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks.
I also haven’t gotten any response from him. I noticed the 8 was also sold out this week, so maybe he’s balls deep in getting stock for both of those sorted for later haha.

Arawfish,
Reactions: moondog

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Thanks.

Likewise no response from him for me either but I told him no rush because I assumed he was too busy and that certainly seems true!

Shit Snacks,

moondog

Good idea, let us know!
Will do!

EDIT to add: Just heard back from Marc. He is buried in emails. He didn't say anything about the marc@ address not being valid and I don't want to dump another email in his box to ask for clarification.

EDIT AGAIN to add: FW9 DROP IS LIVE AT 8:09 with unit(s) available.

Last edited:

Mad_Max

Will do!

EDIT to add: Just heard back from Marc. He is buried in emails. He didn't say anything about the marc@ address not being valid and I don't want to dump another email in his box to ask for clarification.

I went there SECONDS after you posted and it was available, but not now (I dint buy it:drool:)

Mad_Max,

dog walker

Will do!

Did you get any info about using one of the fw8 early adopter deals?

dog walker,

moondog

Did you get any info about using one of the fw8 early adopter deals?

I told Marc I was interested in the trade-in option.

From his reply:

"The way it works is I will re-use as many parts from the fw8 as I can, including the capsules and glass parts. I will need you to send in the main unit, at least one battery, and the oven plug. You can keep the capsules, glass tube, and anything else, or send them in also. Once I get everything mailed here I'll send you an invoice. Send via US postal service only to:

Firewood
PO Box 1066
Waitsfield, VT 05673

As long as the battery is installed in a battery pack or the device in which it is used, and there is only one cell, then you don't need any special labelling."

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I told Marc I was interested in the trade-in option.

From his reply:

"The way it works is I will re-use as many parts from the fw8 as I can, including the capsules and glass parts. I will need you to send in the main unit, at least one battery, and the oven plug. You can keep the capsules, glass tube, and anything else, or send them in also. Once I get everything mailed here I'll send you an invoice. Send via US postal service only to:

Firewood
PO Box 1066
Waitsfield, VT 05673

As long as the battery is installed in a battery pack or the device in which it is used, and there is only one cell, then you don't need any special labelling."
This kinda sounds like then he rebuilids with your exact device and you wait while he does it? Then he sends it back to you.

That hadn't occurred to me but now that you say it, it makes a lot of sense.
Yeah it does ,wow dont know about you guys but not a deal id be happy with , TM sent me a full new picked unit no questions because of the trouble I had with my first tm2 ,,,Their words just want you to be happy ,, perfect ,
anyway each company to their ways ,
i asked marc this about the 8 then same question with the 9
would he be putting the firewood name and number like other versions ?
same answer was no ,
what would you guys want ,logo ,,,,no logo ,,,,or no bothered ?
the logo id prefer but not a deal breaker however buying one this way is ,
for the extra few dollars be better with a full new unit , then youve 2 working and not a refurbed 9
G

Vapor-catzG,

hippogriff

Hey All, marc@firewoodvapes worked for me, Marc is clearly slammed and slow to reply, but will reply, and yes, is honoring the offers he made earlier for FW8 customers, my order is in (for a new unit, I'll find a new home for my 8).

For me, the FW7 was a perfect design, simple and beautiful. FW8 just isn't as pretty, too many details, but also higher powered, faster to temps and free-est with draw speed. I think the best capsule system was the FW5's loading tray, cause I could just load either end (and yeah, sometimes the middle) and have everything I'd want for a day out of the house. But I've been using the FW8 as my daily since it came out and loading up the capsules is easy and the tolerances on the holder are tight and keep capsules fresh for days if I don't get to them. Don't use tweezers cause a well-tamped capsule drops right in, and a warm capsule (just used or reheated for 5 sec) drops right out, and is handle-able 15sec later. As much as I loved the 7, I wouldn't go back b/c usb-C and more power. Upgrading to the 9 is purely an aesthetic choice for me.

@Vapor-catzG I'm generally against logos on everything, too many logos, but just maybe I miss the engraved firewood a little bit

moondog

Yeah it does ,wow dont know about you guys but not a deal id be happy with , TM sent me a full new picked unit no questions because of the trouble I had with my first tm2 ,,,Their words just want you to be happy ,, perfect ,
anyway each company to their ways ,
i asked marc this about the 8 then same question with the 9
would he be putting the firewood name and number like other versions ?
same answer was no ,
what would you guys want ,logo ,,,,no logo ,,,,or no bothered ?
the logo id prefer but not a deal breaker however buying one this way is ,
for the extra few dollars be better with a full new unit , then youve 2 working and not a refurbed 9
G
I don't care at all about logo/non-logo.

I'm going to go for the trade-in deal because I have no room in my brain/life for trying to sell my FW8. Hell, I'm still trying to sell my extra FW4 and will be trying to find a home for my 2 extra FW8 battery packs.

Top Bottom