Firewood Vaporizer

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I haven’t looked closely enough at the FW8 design to know, but are we sure the air intakes are isolated from the electronics?

I hope they are, but with the FW7 Marc didn’t seem too worried about it. The main air intakes there are also the holes on the side, but the electronics compartment is not completed sealed off so a small amount of air can also come in from there before it hits the heater.

It concerns me a little, but it didn’t stop me from using the FW7 quite a bit and I really doubt that it’s hurting us more than sitting next to a computer with fans that blow a lot of air over hot electronics…:shrug:

I just want people to have the most accurate information so they can choose whether or not to worry about it.

Personally I’ve been using my unregulated portable with no electronics to worry about since I got it, but I still plan to use my FW7. It’s great too! :)
Still don’t have my 8 in hand, but from just looking at pics and such, it would seem that it’s a lot more isolated than the 7. The main place where air would come in with the 7 was from the battery compartment which has pretty much been eliminated with the new design. I’d like to hear from someone whose tried covering the holes though.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
if I can speak out of my ass for a second, I would say my 8's air-path is completely isolated from any electronics, and I still haven't combusted
want to try it so badly but I am scared to combust lol
Is there a problem with combusting in the FW8? I never even came close to combustion with my 7. It holds a very stable temperature and accommodates just about any draw speed.

I have heard of people doing that in unregulated mode, but I would not use that mode as I already have unregulated vapes that I like.

EarthworldTim

Is there a problem with combusting in the FW8? I never even came close to combustion with my 7. It holds a very stable temperature and accommodates just about any draw speed.

I have heard of people doing that in unregulated mode, but I would not use that mode as I already have unregulated vapes that I like.
I came pretty close to combusting when I first got the FW7, underestimated that conduction on the first bowl. Then I overcorrected and set the presets too low. @moondog posted their presets somewhere in here and that's what I've stuck with since. I actually almost exclusively stay with the first two and only use the highest if I'm in a hurry or something.

Belated thank you to moondog!

Buzzkill361

Good Vibes Tribe
I haven’t looked closely enough at the FW8 design to know, but are we sure the air intakes are isolated from the electronics?

I hope they are, but with the FW7 Marc didn’t seem too worried about it. The main air intakes there are also the holes on the side, but the electronics compartment is not completed sealed off so a small amount of air can also come in from there before it hits the heater.

It concerns me a little, but it didn’t stop me from using the FW7 quite a bit and I really doubt that it’s hurting us more than sitting next to a computer with fans that blow a lot of air over hot electronics…:shrug:

I just want people to have the most accurate information so they can choose whether or not to worry about it.

Personally I’ve been using my unregulated portable with no electronics to worry about since I got it, but I still plan to use my FW7. It’s great too! :)
Well I believe I got one of the last early adopters packages headed my way before they went out of stock. So I’ll have a better idea here in a few days and will report back with what I see. Like others have said though from the looks of the newer design I have to think that problem was solved. Just playing the waiting game now eagerly waiting on it to show up!

Trulukkyphrank

Hello Guys!

I hope some here can help me. I'm a daily user still with the firewood 6. I love it but it fell down many times and I think it doesn't hold up for very long anymore and I think there are much better performing portsable vapes on the market now. So I'm looking for a new device. I liked the size of the fw 6 and the heater design with abillity to put hash on the flower, which gets cooked more because the heater is very near. I think sometimes it's a little bit weak in power..

How does the firewood 8 compare to the 6? From the pictures I think it's a much bigger size. And I don't understand the heater and oven design. Maybe someone has good pictures? ^^ Has the fw 8 signifcant more power than the fw6? Means faster vapor and thicker?

I tend very much to buy the fw8 but have not enough informations to justify the investment.. Another option would be the tinymight 2 but this would be whole new territory and I don't like the design with loading flower in the stems.. For Info I had also a ghost mv1 which was nice when it worked but was too much of a hassle and inconsistent etc. Didn't used it since two years. The thing I like the most about the firewood vaporizers, had fw5 and 6, is the handmade quality and consistency in performance I experienced. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Trulukkyphrank,
Reactions: fangorn
Finally after over 4 weeks got a delivery date ,customs a stinker as usual,
any set up instructions for the 8 ,,or just the same as the 7
hope i like it with the electric bill just came in ,shit ,
classified for a few iof mine i think , first firewood in 15 years so looking forward to it
G

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Finally after over 4 weeks got a delivery date ,customs a stinker as usual,
any set up instructions for the 8 ,,or just the same as the 7
hope i like it with the electric bill just came in ,shit ,
classified for a few iof mine i think , first firewood in 15 years so looking forward to it
G
First Firewood in 15 years? What do you mean by this?

Arawfish,

Pasoa2020

Surprised by all the ravings about the 8 lately.

Personally I find the 7 better than the 8 in every way.

The capsules are a step back. Having to use tweezers to get them out sucks. It's just so fiddly.

7 you just blow it out, repack, done.

Battery pack is a big step back as discussed earlier. If you want a new battery you better pony up the dough and hope that he's still making them by the time he moves on to a new device.

7 has removable 18650s, so it wins there of course.

Flavor is pretty similar IMO, maybe just more convection now.

No WPA for the 8 sucks. Even if aftermarket people make a WPA it's still not a straight shot like with the 7.

Price is quite high for the device and all the extras.

Overall I rate it below the 7 in almost every aspect.

The fact that he still has the early adopters discount available shows how many people passed on this device, likely due to any number of the above reasons.

Compared to the 7 it's a big step back. On its own it's "okay" but not worth the price, IMO of course :)
It’s why I passed. The TM2 was an upgrade in every way from the TM1. The FW8 not so much compared to my FW7.

Pasoa2020,
Reactions: DaVapeGuy

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
All perspective, I still think it is an upgrade to have fully removable cleanable chambers, and the battery feature has been discussed to death lol Anyway I am finally going to jump in very soon, planning to adapt to it as something completely new for the most part (yes I will be grabbing some of those nice tweezers haha and I already have the Delta 3D loading tool) cannot wait to show it off!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Okay, so my Firewood 8 has landed and my first impression right out of the box is “mmm that new Firewood smell”

It’s asymmetrical design isn’t for everyone, that’s for sure, but it’s pretty damn nice looking in person.

2 immediate concerns:

Crushing a capsule with the slide lid on the case
&
Breaking the USB C port

Time will tell with both of these things but that’s what jumped out at me right away.

Dropping a capsule into the oven from the one time I did it is already not the greatest, but turning it upside down and sliding up into the oven rather than dropping into it is definitely the way I’ll be doing things. Tweezers. Gotta get me some good tweezers.

This feels like a real connoisseur vape all things considered. Maybe not the best for on the go but when I want to sit down at the end of a hike or relax at home I can see this one being a good fit but time will tell on that as well.

Expect some pictures in the coming weeks!

Edit: just had just session…. Man! Having been very well acquainted with the FW7 I can immediately say this hits just as hard if not harder. I just packed a capsule, set temp to 390 and away I went. Hits like a dream, if maybe a little tight on the draw restriction.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
One thing I’m noticing that I’d love to hear about from other users of the 8

What happens to your draw restriction when you cover all 4 intake holes? For me there’s absolutely no change in the draw, like the holes aren’t even allowing air through them to begin with.

I’ve taken everything apart and can clearly see a direct path for the air to flow through the holes and into the chamber and it’s not blocked. Just interesting that blocking them from the outside doesn’t make any difference. Leads me to believe that the vast majority of the air comes through where the mouthpiece meets the ceramic chamber just under the bowl. Possibly a bit of air leakage from the contact leads which means some cold air would flow over electronics like it did in the 7. (Not a big deal for me) I’m not 100% on that last part, just an observation after taking a good look at it now that I have it in front of me.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Been using mine for a few days now and I really like it. Very smooth draw and works great through water with my Gvb wpa. Still getting used to the capsules but I am liking them so far. I don't have any complaints so far and am really enjoying using it.
I would agree! It’s a very impressive device. Handles full capsules of hash really well.
I’m finding the flavour to last for most of the bowl too, with a hint of that signature Firewood taste.

The whole reason I decided to jump on the 8 is because I wanted something completely different in the lineup, mostly different in any way to any of the vapes I have, or have had. The Capsule system is growing on me and swapping out a bowl has become a breeze for the most part.

I had my skepticisms prior to handling this beauty, but that was soon alleviated.

I got a new pelican style case today too, to fit the aesthetic I think the 8 has going for it.

Also I have an idea to affix a little USB battery pack in under the second layer as well so I can charge the spare battery right in the case itself. Soon come on that.

So far so great with this vape, more testing to follow. Tweezers on the way. Need to get me one of them WPAs.

diablitos

I would check out Good Vibes Boro. You can reach out for a custom piece or try your luck on the drops. I don’t know how often he does Firewood stuff outside of custom work but that’s where I got mine. I really like his work.
I second this fine idea- he’s a good guy, and my communication with him about getting a long stem with cooling spikes and balls for home use has gone swimmingly. I believe he’s got a backup of a few months, but the waiting makes it all the sweeter

Buzzkill361

Good Vibes Tribe
I second this fine idea- he’s a good guy, and my communication with him about getting a long stem with cooling spikes and balls for home use has gone swimmingly. I believe he’s got a backup of a few months, but the waiting makes it all the sweeter
I was lucky and he had one in one of his drops. It’s really nice has the spikes and cooling balls. I really like that it’s bent at a 90 degree angle so I don’t have to turn the Firewood vertically to use it on a piece. He really makes some nice stuff. Have a couple things from him.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I was lucky and he had one in one of his drops. It’s really nice has the spikes and cooling balls. I really like that it’s bent at a 90 degree angle so I don’t have to turn the Firewood vertically to use it on a piece. He really makes some nice stuff. Have a couple things from him.
He does make nice stuff, I had one of his stems for my Firewood 7 and it definitely elevated the experience with it! Gonna commission a custom one in the coming weeks for sure.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Went and picked up a Mophie power boost XL with 20,000mah charge capacity. After a bit of foam adjustment I managed to just barely pack everything into this little case without things being squished too much, or without the foam bulging out around the edges. Should be able to get me 6-7 extra charges while I’m on the road or out camping / backpacking / festivaling. It will charge a completely dead battery at 2.1A in about 4.5-5 hours.

I’m really coming around on this capsule system and it’s become very easy and a lot less cumbersome than I was expecting it to be. Especially now that my ceramic tweezers have arrived.

The heater definitely has a lot of juice in it.
I do find it hotspots just a little bit on the very top layer but once you take it out of the capsule you can see it’s a very even roast all throughout.

I can understand why a lot of people skipped out on this one, I almost did myself, but so far I really think it deserves more love and credit!

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Hypothetically I found a lnib fw7 + wpa on the used market, pretty excited! Just figuring out how to do payment as it’s international.

The seller stated that the fw itself is finished, while the wpa was unfinished. I think that was just mark running oil in them? Just wondering if there is anything I need to do to try to get the color and finish between them to look as close to homogeneous as I can? Or can I just apply some walrus oil liberally?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hypothetically I found a lnib fw7 + wpa on the used market, pretty excited! Just figuring out how to do payment as it’s international.

The seller stated that the fw itself is finished, while the wpa was unfinished. I think that was just mark running oil in them? Just wondering if there is anything I need to do to try to get the color and finish between them to look as close to homogeneous as I can? Or can I just apply some walrus oil liberally?
In my memory he only finished them with tung oil or beeswax depending on when they were made:
Yes, I changed the finish to Beeswax/Oil. I just added an extra option the get the part in Tung so it will match existing fw7 units if people would prefer that.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Oh that's awesome, so happy for you! Yeah the finish is just the extra oil, you can ask him exactly what he used, if you want to try to use the same thing and make a perfect match with your WPA, might as well wait till you have them in hand to see in person how they are though? I don't think it will be significant honestly... All my FW7 stuff is unfinished though (FW8 will be finished)

Top Bottom