Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I made a brief exploration of removing the screen and it didn't seem to want to come out. Anybody have advice/tips on how to do it? Does it come out from the top or bottom?

Thanks.

I got lucky when I was cleaning mine, because it fell out accidentally, that's actually what prompted me to clean lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: moondog

junior

In my experience using the button to clean the screen is ineffective once it gets proper gummed up. Pop it out, give it a torch and flick the crumbs off. It really is easy to get in and out, but a little unnerving the first time.

Jacer

That should not do any damage, but do it with the lid removed, so any vapor can escape easily. If your screen is really dirty though, it is going to be far better to use some iso either swabbing with a q-tip, or removing the screen to completely clean...
Perfect thank you so much! It's not too dirty and I want to keep it that way so I'm going to periodically do a burn off haha

Vaporware

@Phill_Swan Thanks for sharing! My method still needs some work, and I might even end up changing it completely, but my goal is to get thorough extraction without charring and keep at least decent taste throughout.

To that end, I try to keep the oven hot if I’m continuing and cool it down quick when I’m not. That’s a much simpler way to say it. ;)

Still, as I try different things and refine my methods, I’ll try to share what I’m getting good results with.

A quick update to what I said before, I do think the battery charge has an effect on ideal timing, but I’m not sure that it’s so easy to directly relate it to the heat-up time.

I think that if you’re getting multiple sessions out of a load the more important part for preserving flavor and cooking evenly is to let go of the button and keep inhaling *at least* until the longer vibration, preferably longer on the last draw of the session.

I think I’ve done what you’re doing and it works, but I tend to use the same load 3-5 times and I don’t love coming back to a lack of flavor. If you’re using it all at once though, it sounds more appealing in that context. :)

Edit: Also, on the cleaning front, I get best results from emptying the chamber immediately after the last use (or extra heat cycle). Heating it while open may help, but doesn’t seem to do as well as fast for me.

I’ve also been using a q-tip when I’m home to quickly wipe the bowl and screen and it seems to pick up any stray bits. A small brush would probably work just as well. :)

If you need to get the screen out, mine at least is domed a bit and comes out fairly easily if I push on it from the mouthpiece side toward the battery side. Torching may shorten the life of your screen, so I just drop it in alcohol, shake it up and rise it after a few mins. That’s kept it clean so far.

Last edited:

PogueMahone

I was inspired by all the Frankenglass FW7 posts and the fact that my underperforming tinymight isn't being used. So I used a silicone connector piece to connect the tinymight long dimpled stem to the end of the cooling stem. It is ludicrous and unwieldy and you wouldn't want to take it out, and I did it just for the laugh.
But wow, so much better than j-hook and WPA for some reason. Maybe just the right draw restriction for my pull??? Only had a few bowls but I will be going there again. Has me thinking what other glass pieces I can bring in to Dr Frankenstein's leb
Thank you for this, I've have to try the TM extra long stem, didn't realize it would fit - cheers!

PogueMahone,

west-elec

Thank you for this, I've have to try the TM extra long stem, didn't realize it would fit - cheers!
It only fits if you use a small piece of silicone between the FW7 cooling tube and the TM long tube. (Rolled back then snapped over the FW stem, lubricated with a lick then pushed inside TM stem) added this detail as an edit, didn't realise how that sounds out loud😯
It doesn't fit as a replacement for the cooling tube unfortunately, otherwise it would be perfect. It flops around and needs to be held to be secure but it does cool nicely.

Edit 2. Stop the presses there is a better way. I just realised the rimmed basket screen that comes with the TM stem is the perfect adaptor and you don't need the nasty silicone piece. It fits very nicely over the FW cooling stem and the rim stops the stem retracting when you press the long stem on top. It works really well with the basket screen- don't know why I didn't try before. Definitely recommend this if you find the cooling stem gets hot after a few back to back. I just had 5 quick bowls and could feel no heat whatsoever. It makes it impossible to gauge the heat in the bowl but technique isn't an issue.

Last edited:

Jacer

I just have to say after fully getting my technique down I'm absolutely loving this device. It's literally everything I was looking for in my search for a vape and it's been my most used vape by a mile since I got it. Thanks for convincing me to get this lmao.

Lord_fluf

Hey, so I've had my firewood for a couple of days now. I've found that even on temp 3 it doesn't produce massive clouds, however if I do 2 bowls in a row, the second bowl absolutely is a cloud machine, even on temp 1. I get that its just because the ceramic heating chamber has heated up from the previous bowl, but does anyone else have the problem? I got the battery directly from firewood so I know that isn't the problem.

Lord_fluf,

Shit Snacks

Hey, so I've had my firewood for a couple of days now. I've found that even on temp 3 it doesn't produce massive clouds, however if I do 2 bowls in a row, the second bowl absolutely is a cloud machine, even on temp 1. I get that its just because the ceramic heating chamber has heated up from the previous bowl, but does anyone else have the problem? I got the battery directly from firewood so I know that isn't the problem.

Maybe how you pack, button, and/or inhale?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: florduh

west-elec

I get that its just because the ceramic heating chamber has heated up from the previous bowl, but does anyone else have the problem? I got the battery directly from firewood so I know that isn't the problem.
Try waiting for a few seconds after the buzz, then do cigar puffs, with each puff getting slightly longer and pulling slightly harder as the heat builds up. Those little stops when you aren't inhaling let the heat conduct through to the load and it gets hotter faster. With the cooling stem, I find I can feel the heat and know when to start getting more vigorous with the draw speed. I absolutely get big hits on 1st draw cold start with this method.

florduh

Try waiting for a few seconds after the buzz, then do cigar puffs, with each puff getting slightly longer and pulling slightly harder as the heat builds up. Those little stops when you aren't inhaling let the heat conduct through to the load and it gets hotter faster. With the cooling stem, I find I can feel the heat and know when to start getting more vigorous with the draw speed. I absolutely get big hits on 1st draw cold start with this method.

agreed. I don’t even know if cigar puffs are necessary. I just let the conduction aspect of the heater toast the outside of the load for a few seconds past the click. Then use the convection aspect to finish it off. That gives me a big first hit. The second hit will kill a smaller load.

Jah75

agreed. I don’t even know if cigar puffs are necessary. I just let the conduction aspect of the heater toast the outside of the load for a few seconds past the click. Then use the convection aspect to finish it off. That gives me a big first hit. The second hit will kill a smaller load.
I don't do the cigar puffs either. On the first hit I just goa second or two past the buzz then start with a slow draw until i can feel the "pull through". It may be in my head, but it definitely feels different physically when the load gets fully soaked, as soon as i start feeling that I ramp up my inhale and continue. My first hit is always really dense as long as I have properly tamped down the bowl

Jah75,
Reactions: Momor

rvarick

It's been pretty cool seeing just how much the Firewood 7 is mentioned (and touted) on Reddit and elsewhere. The previous iterations were well-liked of course, but the chatter on the 7 seems so much more widespread. Seems like Marc/Firewood has a real hit with the 7! All the acclaim is well-deserved of course, plus I think the device landed at a great time in the space, with a unique feature-set. Makes you wonder what the 8 will bring?!?

Jah75

It's been pretty cool seeing just how much the Firewood 7 is mentioned (and touted) on Reddit and elsewhere. The previous iterations were well-liked of course, but the chatter on the 7 seems so much more widespread. Seems like Marc/Firewood has a real hit with the 7! All the acclaim is well-deserved of course, plus I think the device landed at a great time in the space, with a unique feature-set. Makes you wonder what the 8 will bring?!?
I had the 4 and loved it, but this one is just stellar!

Lord_fluf

Hey, so last night I tried cigar puffs and it helped, but then about on my second bowl my already high ass experimented and I only put about half of what I was putting in, and it made all the difference! Of course the heater was already pre soaked before this new bowl but It gave me the biggest cloud I've gotten out of this vape so far, and I didn't even pack it down lmao. Tonight after work ill experiment with it more, but I think the gist is a little less material, and focusing on a very light tamp

Shit Snacks

Hey, so last night I tried cigar puffs and it helped, but then about on my second bowl my already high ass experimented and I only put about half of what I was putting in, and it made all the difference! Of course the heater was already pre soaked before this new bowl but It gave me the biggest cloud I've gotten out of this vape so far, and I didn't even pack it down lmao. Tonight after work ill experiment with it more, but I think the gist is a little less material, and focusing on a very light tamp

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that, you don't want to overload the oven, the FW7 works so well with half-pack, three-quarters full, or just only loading a quarter full... If you pack it completely full and tight it can restrict airflow and actually hurt vapor production depending on the load consistency etc.

Vaporware

Glad to see more people talking about load size and technique! I’ll keep experimenting, and I also wanted to add that I often use small loads, just a bit more than needed to cover the (concave) screen to the edges. It may not satisfy the biggest cloud chasers with that amount at low temps, but it can still give great results.

I also wanted to clarify the previous post where I mentioned using a q-tip to finish cleaning the screen. I want to make it clear that a single q-tip (or brush if you have a good one) can be used for weeks or more. It might actually pick up the crumbs easier when it’s got a little reclaim on it, so don’t feel like you need to wipe and toss them every day if you use that tip.

Vaporware,
Reactions: moondog

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I usually give the first hit on preset 2(360f)and then switch to preset 1 (350f) until the end.
The incredible thing is how long a session lasts with the same greens that I put on my TM ... and always with clouds :hmm: :rockon:

sheaegan24

Anyone have an idea of the best wpa for this vape just looking for one that will make a seal with the adapter and is not loose or wobbly

sheaegan24,

Jah75

@sheaegan24 with the adapter piece a male 14 to watever you have works great. If you want to use the cooling stem piece you can either use a DDave wand, inception wpa stem , BB9 stem, etc

Shit Snacks

Anyone have an idea of the best wpa for this vape just looking for one that will make a seal with the adapter and is not loose or wobbly

You're just going to have to take a chance, they are pretty cheap to find, so not much risk if it doesn't make a seal. For what it's worth I have tried several different 14 mm male joints in my WPA and they all fit fine, locked in to seal, no wobble, nicely secure!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Jah75
Top Bottom