Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Okay I'll get ahead of myself and speak on taste for a second, as mine is breaking in more and more with each bowl (just had #8) and it is the unfinished walnut. Now don't get me wrong, it's a pure taste of warm ceramic and wood, I just know my own experience with walnut in the past it takes some breaking in with every vape I've had that is walnut, could be a personal thing in fact! Began with my Lily, which I have to say this FW7's form factor with the wpa reminds me of Lily so much in such a great way! Anyway so taste is pretty pure, as it improves more with use, just because of strong fresh walnut wood (and I guess the tung oil for a finished unit but I can't speak to that thankfully lol)

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
It's more like an example of Mark excellent costumer service.
The guy was I the middle of releasing a new vape and took the time to make me a new one to make sure I was happy, that's what I call an amazing costumer service and I plan on doing business with him for a long time. He also took a chance by sending me a beta unit so I'm more than grateful.

And that right there is why I am perfectly comfortable surfing the bleeding edge with Firewood. It is an absolute certainty that Marc will do everything in his power (and more, it seems) to do right by his customers.

I just tried the Firewood 7 for the first time and so far it's really nice. I can't really comment on the vapor because the tung oil used on the finish is over powering the taste of the vapor but that's gonna go away pretty quickly, I don't dislike the taste it's different. I can tell I'm gonna love that vape.

I have been having the same experience. I mentioned it to Marc and he is going to adjust his curing times.

CyanKraken

Hey y’all,

you think we’ll make it to FW10? I feel if/when we do, Marc will make that thing extraordinary, even more so than his already phenomenal devices.

CyanKraken,

VapingSomeStink

Hey vapers, I got a small favor to ask.

Is anyone in this thread able to post pics of the F5, F6, and F7 side by side?

I want to see the minor differences in length and width and such. Mainly because I'm looking back at the posts referencing cases for the F6 and this case (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TC1SMJ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2atrFbHETXKV7) is recommended but also looks tight as a glove.

Would the F5 fit in there the same? Seems like the glass stem might stick out a little and make it a longer device than the F6 but hard to say from the pictures I have. Also with all that being said, feel free to share any other cases y'all have found to be good for these Vapes as I'd be interested to hear about it seeing as these are great OTG devices

VapingSomeStink,
Reactions: Jill NYC

vapormachina

How well does it work when it comes to cooling the steam? I've never tried a firewood before but that on-demand system with long narrow glass reminds me the MFLB and it put out hot steam

vapormachina,

rvarick

Hey vapers, I got a small favor to ask.

Is anyone in this thread able to post pics of the F5, F6, and F7 side by side?

I want to see the minor differences in length and width and such. Mainly because I'm looking back at the posts referencing cases for the F6 and this case (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TC1SMJ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2atrFbHETXKV7) is recommended but also looks tight as a glove.

Would the F5 fit in there the same? Seems like the glass stem might stick out a little and make it a longer device than the F6 but hard to say from the pictures I have. Also with all that being said, feel free to share any other cases y'all have found to be good for these Vapes as I'd be interested to hear about it seeing as these are great OTG devices
I posted that case awhile back for the 6. Fingers crossed I should have my FW7 this week, and I actually grabbed another one of those same cases for it. I’ll let you know how it works. For the 5, this case works perfectly: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029EB3OC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZWBrFbG7K9PNT

rvarick,

seki

Mine just arrived today.
firewood7.jpg

First an FYI, the settings controls are different from the FW6. I had both out to compare, and as is typical for me, I grabbed the FW6 manual absent mindedly when I went to look up how to change the settings and proceeded to be confused for the next 20 minutes. I didn't even notice the different pictures. :doh: :lol:

I really like the slim form factor. I think it might replace my Crafty as my on-the-go dry herb vape. The Crafty heat up time doesn't even come close. Despite the conduction elements requiring a slightly longer heat up time, I'd personally still consider this to be on-demand. I pre-heat my Splinters for longer than it takes to get a good hit from the FW7 thus far.

The WPA adds about 1.5cm to the width, and makes it a little wider than the FW6. Milking up my bubbler is very easy to do, possibly as a result of the conduction elements? I can't really compare it to my 6 as I've never really found a way to use it with water conveniently. For my attempt today, I went with the stock #3 setting with water which I think was 220°C, and found it to be a little too hot. I was getting some really toasty almost burnt tastes. Gonna drop that setting down to around 205°C or 210°C and try again.

A minor issue I have is the button placement. I wish it were on the opposite side, like a mirror image to where it is now. It would make it easier to press the button while using a water piece. The most comfortable position I've found for this is to hold it in my right hand, but that makes me have to press the button with either my index or middle finger while it's facing away from me. If the button were on the opposite side, I'd be able to press the button with my thumb like I was using a video game controller:

firewood7-wpa.jpg

Holding the Orbiter in my left hand and the Firewood as pictured still feels the more comfortable than the other way around, and having to press the button on the other side is a little awkward, but workable.

Another issue I think was mentioned by someone before is that the button is a little on the small and difficult to press side. A little bigger and more clicky would be preferable. This issue is exacerbated somewhat by my issue with right-handedness and button placement above.

And a really minor thing is the logo. I generally prefer devices without branding, but I don't dislike it and I think it looks tasteful.

Overall, I think I already prefer this over my 6. I think I need some more experimenting to get a better sense of how much the conduction adds to the experience, but so far it seems like a winner to me.

Last edited:

hippogriff

@seki You may already be doing this, but just in case, I encourage you to really push that conduction. I started off treating my FW7 like previous versions, where it totally just behaves like you’d expect from on-demand convection. Once I realized you can just hold that button down and temps stay precise and even, I found you can build up a thick wave of vapor and then ride it out convection-style, and the benefits of the new design are clear.

ps Niiiice collection there, I see that OG Zion!

Mine just arrived today.
firewood7.jpg

First an FYI, the settings controls are different from the FW6. I had both out to compare, and as is typical for me, I grabbed the FW6 manual absent mindedly when I went to look up how to change the settings and proceeded to be confused for the next 20 minutes. I didn't even notice the different pictures. :doh: :lol:

I really like the slim form factor. I think it might replace my Crafty as my on-the-go dry herb vape. The Crafty heat up time doesn't even come close. Despite the conduction elements requiring a slightly longer heat up time, I'd personally still consider this to be on-demand. I pre-heat my Splinters for longer than it takes to get a good hit from the FW7 thus far.

The WPA adds about 1.5cm to the width, and makes it a little wider than the FW6. Milking up my bubbler is very easy to do, possibly as a result of the conduction elements? I can't really compare it to my 6 as I've never really found a way to use it with water conveniently. For my attempt today, I went with the stock #3 setting with water which I think was 220°C, and found it to be a little too hot. I was getting some really toasty almost burnt tastes. Gonna drop that setting down to around 205°C or 210°C and try again.

A minor issue I have is the button placement. I wish it were on the opposite side, like a mirror image to where it is now. It would make it easier to press the button while using a water piece. The most comfortable position I've found for this is to hold it in my right hand, but that makes me have to press the button with either my index or middle finger while it's facing away from me. If the button were on the opposite side, I'd be able to press the button with my thumb like I was using a video game controller:

firewood7-wpa.jpg

Holding the Orbiter in my left hand and the Firewood as pictured still feels the more comfortable than the other way around, and having to press the button on the other side is a little awkward, but workable.

Another issue I think was mentioned by someone before is that the button is a little on the small and difficult to press side. A little bigger and more clicky would be preferable. This issue is exacerbated somewhat by my issue with right-handedness and button placement above.

And a really minor thing is the logo. I generally prefer devices without branding, but I don't dislike it and I think it looks tasteful.

Overall, I think I already prefer this over my 6. I think I need some more experimenting to get a better sense of how much the conduction adds to the experience, but so far it seems like a winner to me.

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Well after a long back and forth between the Tinymight and the FW7 I ordered the 7 today. Was a tough choice but I think if anything the customer service from Marc will be better.

You made the right choice, WITHOUT THE SLIGHT OF DOUBT, as far as I'm concerned!

SPEAKING BLUNTLY, you have avoided in just one vape, theTM, excessive fiddliness, an excessive cleaning regimen, excessive vapor and stem heat, and extremely inconsistent repair service. I have observed these thing all first hand in the TM!

By purchasing a FW7, you have acquired ease of cleaning and maintenance, ease of assembly and disassembly, moderate vapor heat and vapor quantity, and proven consistent repair service base in the USA where return shipping does not cost an exhorbitant rate. And, you know WHO Marc is and WHERE he lives. I HAVE EXPERIENCED ALL OF THESE FACTORS with Marc and his products as well as his impeccable cs over the years!

WED-NoBrainer1.jpeg

===========================================================

Temple

Thanks for the reassurance. Pretty excited to get one of these in my hand. My only concern was that the tinymight might have better flavor but hard to tell for sure.

Temple,
Reactions: seki

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the reassurance. Pretty excited to get one of these in my hand. My only concern was that the tinymight might have better flavor but hard to tell for sure.

That is indeed hard to tell, and direct comparisons between the two are even trickier, since they are using very different vape technology and heater designs, though there are of course a few similarities... I will tell you that they actually make a perfect complementary pair, on demand convection and on demand conduction! And I can reassure you that the Firewood7 does indeed taste phenomenal, it just needs to break in a bit like most wooden (especially walnut) vapes in my experience, but this does so quite quickly! For me with the unfinished version at least, fantastic flower flavor shined through in under ten bowls.

I am finally ready to post a lot more here, and I actually had a special test case that was successful, in that I accidentally spilled some vapbong water on mine with it open, right into the battery compartment and along the side where the button is... I hit it with a hair dryer a couple times and packed it in rice for four days, seems to be working fine! Although the wood did swell and warp a bit in some places, so for example now my wpa is actually fused to the body lol

There may be more air leaking by oven door and vapor path because of the warped fit now, but yes still working well... I just won't be able to use the standard mouthpiece with this one anymore, which mine was actually missing the wood slide piece so I wasn't using it too much anyway yet. What says something, is that like TM, I feel like I want to buy a second one, to have a proper perfect one, as I am enjoying it that much so far!

Last edited:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
That is indeed hard to tell, and direct comparisons between the two are even trickier, since they are using very different vape technology and heater designs, though there are of course a few similarities... I will tell you that they actually make a perfect complementary pair, on demand convection and on demand conduction! And I can reassure you that the Firewood7 does indeed taste phenomenal, it just needs to break in a bit like most wooden (especially walnut) vapes in my experience, but this does so quite quickly! For me with the unfinished version at least, fantastic flower flavor shined through in under ten bowls.

I am finally ready to post a lot more here, and I actually had a special test case that was successful, in that I accidentally spilled some vapbong water on mine with it open, right into the battery compartment and along the side where the button is... I hit it with a hair dryer a couple times and packed it in rice for four days, seems to be working fine! Although the wood did swell and warp a bit in some places, so for example now my wpa is actually fused to the body lol

There may be more air leaking by oven door and vapor path because of the warped fit now, but yes still working well... I just won't be able to use the standard mouthpiece with this one anymore, which mine was actually missing the wood slide piece so I wasn't using it too much anyway yet. What says something, is that like TM, I feel like I want to buy a second one, to have a proper perfect one, as I am enjoying it that much so far!
My WPA is already a tight fit, if it gets wet I can see it getting stuck too. It's a good thing to keep in mind when using it with a water pipe, it's not uncommon to have a couple of drops of water when you fill the pipe and it doesn't take a lot to make the wood swell so be careful where you put the WPA on the table to be sure there's no drop of water where you put it. The good thing with wood is that it will dry over time even in the groove where the WPA slides on the vape where it's probably stuck so leave the vape in a dry place when you are not using it and try to remove the WPA every couple of days and you will eventually be able to remove it hopefully. After that leave it disassemble to let the parts dry completely and you should be good.

Shit Snacks

My WPA is already a tight fit, if it gets wet I can see it getting stuck too. It's a good thing to keep in mind when using it with a water pipe, it's not uncommon to have a couple of drops of water when you fill the pipe and it doesn't take a lot to make the wood swell so be careful where you put the WPA on the table to be sure there's no drop of water where you put it. The good thing with wood is that it will dry over time even in the groove where the WPA slides on the vape where it's probably stuck so leave the vape in a dry place when you are not using it and try to remove the WPA every couple of days and you will eventually be able to remove it hopefully. After that leave it disassemble to let the parts dry completely and you should be good.

Yeah mine was already a little uneven when it arrived, but I can see how it swole and warped, I don't think it will be coming off ever lol And I actually have not yet tried my FW7 with a water pipe (also I would fill those at the sink anyway), I use the WPA with jayhooks dry, spill happened because I was showing a friend my vapbong downstem without realizing there was water in it! I caught myself before I poured it all over my laptop, but unfortunately I didn't put the FW away off the table, so I looked down and there was water on the computer mouse then freaked when I saw the FW haha So yeah I think all the moisture is already gone, it is very dry here in SoCal, plus the hair dryer and the rice... I think the finished unit, with the oil, is probably a bit more water resistant, but generally little drops here and there shouldn't be much of an issue fortunately!

Shit Snacks,

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
The outside might be dry but humidity can seep in the wood and this will take a lot more time to dry out completely than the air drier or the rice can do. Try it again in a couple of weeks and you might be surprised, if the ambient humidity is low where you live the you might be lucky. The oil will help to repel the water to a certain degree but it won't do miracles. You are lucky that you use the vape with the WPA anyway so this doesn't change a lot for you. Little drops of water won't do a lot of damage but when the water gets in the groove where the two parts comes together there's so little space in there that just a drop of water can make the wood on both pieces swell in the groove and it might cause a problem. You need to buy your vape a wet suit to be safe! 🌊 Anyway you where so close to discover if the fw7 can float! 🛶

Shit Snacks

The outside might be dry but humidity can seep in the wood and this will take a lot more time to dry out completely than the air drier or the rice can do. Try it again in a couple of weeks and you might be surprised, if the ambient humidity is low where you live the you might be lucky. The oil will help to repel the water to a certain degree but it won't do miracles. You are lucky that you use the vape with the WPA anyway so this doesn't change a lot for you. Little drops of water won't do a lot of damage but when the water gets in the groove where the two parts comes together there's so little space in there that just a drop of water can make the wood on both pieces swell in the groove and it might cause a problem. You need to buy your vape a wet suit to be safe! 🌊 Anyway you where so close to discover if the fw7 can float! 🛶

Haha yeah it is a desert here, no rain in months, dry as fucking hell, which sucks except this was the benefit I suppose? lol

Anyway I'll start my sharing with an earlier photo and experience, before I was no longer able to use the standard mouthpiece:

IMG-20200820-160411.jpg

I only did a few bowls (of Blue Maui) this way, because I actually had one main problem: the tip of the glass mouthpiece was getting quite hot on my lips during a long slow draw even at 340... Now since I am missing the wooden slider piece, it's possible that that actually helps absorb some of the transitive heat? So I am withholding judgment until I can try the proper setup of course (I also felt it was a bit loose and wobbly, something that the wood holder must more certainly resolve?) though I will say the vapor itself was smooth, adequately cooled by the right angle bend against the ceramic before entering the glass tube, and well insulated by the wood.

The other thing I found less than ideal about the mouthpiece, is that even when fully extended while keeping it in the ceramic housing (which I would prefer to have it more flush with the beginning of the ceramic path instead) it put the firewood a little too close to my face. Too close to my lips accidentally kissing the wood or my nose bumping it, had to be careful which made it feel more delicate? Not like so simple to bring up for a quick mindless rip... However it's a tricky thing, if you want it to be able to retract into the device for transport, and you don't want it to pop out of the ceramic with wood exposed between it and the glass tube, then your options are pretty limited... So FW7 just has some compromises is all.

For example, with the standard mouthpiece you can clutch it in your fist, vertically upright for mobile stealth. You can also hold it horizontally put, more like a pipe or firefly style, keeping the bowl upright. In that compromise, the FW7 is quite versatile, especially when considering the WPA option, which I shall delve further into my usage of, later today after someone else posts again!

Last edited:

bornfree13

We all float down here

but seriously.

I was sent one of the few from the first batch and had to send it back for the battery compartment and button problems.

I did get the finished one and I can say that the mp and wpa slid on/off smoothly

I wish I could add more to this conversation but I will wait until I get mine back and use it a few times before I send out my opinion.

seki

@seki You may already be doing this, but just in case, I encourage you to really push that conduction. I started off treating my FW7 like previous versions, where it totally just behaves like you’d expect from on-demand convection. Once I realized you can just hold that button down and temps stay precise and even, I found you can build up a thick wave of vapor and then ride it out convection-style, and the benefits of the new design are clear.

ps Niiiice collection there, I see that OG Zion!

I have been experimenting with this a little. Initially my first sessions were as you suggested, I treated it like I did the FW6. After a few sessions I noticed that even after the long buzz I could still get several very good draws through my bubbler, particularly once it's become a little heat soaked. I am also finding that a long slow draw gradually ramping up in speed produces good results through water.

By purchasing a FW7, you have acquired ease of cleaning and maintenance, ease of assembly and disassembly, moderate vapor heat and vapor quantity, and proven consistent repair service base in the USA where return shipping does not cost an exhorbitant rate. And, you know WHO Marc is and WHERE he lives. I HAVE EXPERIENCED ALL OF THESE FACTORS with Marc and his products as well as his impeccable cs over the years!

On this note, how are out of warranty repairs covered? I know the devices when purchased new have a 1 year warranty according to the FAQ on the site, but outside of that, are repairs to older units still possible with an additional repair fee? I recall reading on Reddit an account of someone who was unhappy about repair service for an older model. I think the unit in question was a FW5, but I don't remember any of the details beyond the fact that he was disappointed about the repair or repair service for some reason.

Back to the FW7, after 8 bowls, the underside of the chamber is already coated with a nice layer of reclaim:
fw7-buildup.jpg

I've only had one native session, the rest through water. Native, I did find it got a little hot towards the end of the session. I was using the stock #2 setting. I'll have to test a little more to get a better feel though.

Through water I'm finding even at lower temps milking the bubbler is fairly easy to do, and there are definite benefits to waiting an additional 5-10 seconds after the buzz before drawing.

I was planning on posting this earlier in the day, but as I was prepping my session I came across this view, and all I could think about was "Machine Gun Jubblies":
fw7-jubblies.jpg

So I ended up sitting on the couch and watching Austin Powers with my FW7 instead.
0lQ71D9.gif

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
On this note, how are out of warranty repairs covered? I know the devices when purchased new have a 1 year warranty according to the FAQ on the site, but outside of that, are repairs to older units still possible with an additional repair fee?
Never know one of my own older units to have a problem so I couldn't say.... though a good question for @firewood!

Last edited:
Fat Freddy,

caseball2051

A note on repairs since it was asked and I have experience in that department.

I had a fw4 that was out of warranty. I contacted firewood and he fixed it up for a fair price.

I've also contacted firewood about custom capsule holders and he was fair and easy to work with for a product that I requested that didn't really exist.

I was one of the early fw6s and had an issue with a stuck button. I sent it off to firewood and had it fixed and back to me in under 1 week.

Firewood has great CS.

Top Bottom