Firefly 1, 2, 2+

Vapestein

The plate on the bottom of the bowl has larger air holes and the heating curves algorithms have been updated to optimized to match the increased airflow
No doubt. The FF2+ ist much better then the FF1. However Firefly offers for FF2 users an upgrade to the FF2+ for 30 bucks. My question is if there is a difference at all between those upgraded FF2 units and the FF2+
I'm an owner of FF2 since it's launch almost 4 yr back. Does anyone have a link for the upgrade option? I would like to checkount FF2+.

Thanks

Vapestein,

Peace_man

For the upgrade option you will need to contact Firefly support. They will then send you an invoice. Once you paid they will send you the destination adress for your ff2

Peace_man,

Sn4Pz

I'm an owner of FF2 since it's launch almost 4 yr back. Does anyone have a link for the upgrade option? I would like to checkount FF2+.

Thanks
Unfortunately they arent doing upgrades right now. I messaged them about a week ago and just heard back. Supposedly its due to Covid concerns and USPS dropping the ball. They said in a few weeks they would likely be back in full swing.

puckpack

Hello,

Recently my ff2+ has stopped working. When I press the buttons to activate it, it flashes green twice and turns off?

I have pulled the battery and reinstalled it as well as charged it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

puckpack,

Djsleepy

Hello,

Recently my ff2+ has stopped working. When I press the buttons to activate it, it flashes green twice and turns off?

I have pulled the battery and reinstalled it as well as charged it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Yeah contact customer support thru website.mine did same thing but red.lights they replaced it ! sorry

Djsleepy,

ginolicious

I need to learn to charge this thing more. Packed a fresh bowl after killing a bowl that was from a few days ago, the bloody thing is dead. Having a bad night mentally. Having a few beers and wanted to vape a second bowl back to back out of this thing.

ginolicious,

condition

How do you clean your top lid? The instructions mention not to rub or pull silicone basket. So if I stir the herb once during session, the silicone remains clean but if I stir it more, there are vaped small pieces attached on the silicone and underneath it. So in order to keep silicone clean I don't get the max of my load.

condition,

Silveradio

How do you clean your top lid? The instructions mention not to rub or pull silicone basket. So if I stir the herb once during session, the silicone remains clean but if I stir it more, there are vaped small pieces attached on the silicone and underneath it. So in order to keep silicone clean I don't get the max of my load.
The 2 sided brush that comes with it...use the smaller softer brush side on the lid with short light quick strokes...that’s what works for me...I’ve had my FF2 since it’s inception in 2016 and my gasket is still in place and functions properly...but then again I’m not as heavy of a user like some of you guys

Silveradio,

condition

You managed to keep it clean 4 years with only a brush? Nice. Do you load grinded herb?

condition,

ginolicious

You can’t touch the gasket with ISO. A brush is fine or rinsing with the just water. It’s the iso that if it touches the side of the gasket gets rid of the adhesive for the gasket.

to clean my lid I use a q tip. And do not get close to the gasket with iso. I will then use a wet q tip of just water to go over the entire lid. Sometimes I touch the side of the gasket but that’s just water and my unit has been fine.

Last edited:

narrowsparrow

I have watched the video about changing the heat level, but not matter what I try I cannot get the red light to stay on long enough to engage the heat menu. I like to start medium and end medium-high, but that's not possible since that read light doesn't stay on. Any suggestions?

narrowsparrow,

Silveradio

You managed to keep it clean 4 years with only a brush? Nice. Do you load grinded herb?
I use the brush mainly on the gasket...I do use a q-tip with iso down the center of the lid and get as close as I can to the gasket without really disturbing it...to me the place were material gets lodged a lot is the rail that runs along the outside edge where the lid kind of sets in...if this isn’t brushed out air escaping becomes a problem...I do not grind at all...I will break off a piece of bud about the size of the bowl and pack it in lightly so it’s completely full and the lid fits properly...I will then take about 3 hits open it up flip the bud over and get 3 more hits open again break apart bud get 3 more hits and open again and stir and get maybe 3 to 5 more hits...this process works great for me

Silveradio,
Reactions: condition

condition

Silveradio your reply is very helpful! :tup:

I will order new lid together with the mouthpiece already broken and I will treat it only with buds

condition,

Vaporcussion

Old subject here I'm sure. How can we re attach the silicone ring to our lids? I can't believe we can't send them in for a fee and have them do it. What kind of adhesive are they using to keep the gasket on? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Only alternative I see is a new lid, which I found for $20 at Smokea

Vaporcussion,

ginolicious

Old subject here I'm sure. How can we re attach the silicone ring to our lids? I can't believe we can't send them in for a fee and have them do it. What kind of adhesive are they using to keep the gasket on? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Only alternative I see is a new lid, which I found for $20 at Smokea

@Djsleepy he used some adhesive tape. Double sided. I think it’s tops 5 pages back.

ginolicious

Looks like it finally happened to me. After a year of use as a daily driver. Got it last 420.

I was doing a clean on it and noticed a very small piece of the gasket on the lid. The bottom corner is starting to lift off. Took the best care of it. Never touched it with ISO. was my favourite vape. Getting a new lid to Canada is nearly impassible. This is the best vape I ever used for my usage. It’s not that bad right now. But I see it getting worse. :(

ginolicious,

Morimoto

Yoyo @ginolicious is the gasket still intact? I've had my FF2 since launch over 4 years ago and the gasket started peeling a bit about 3 years ago and didn't progress much more, so there's a section of gasket that's not 100% adhered to the lid but I have been able to use it for years without it falling apart :)

I'm in Canada too so that's why I never bothered to buy another lid, I just said "Ok, I'll be super careful when cleaning with ISO".

Morimoto,

ginolicious

Yoyo @ginolicious is the gasket still intact? I've had my FF2 since launch over 4 years ago and the gasket started peeling a bit about 3 years ago and didn't progress much more, so there's a section of gasket that's not 100% adhered to the lid but I have been able to use it for years without it falling apart :)

I'm in Canada too so that's why I never bothered to buy another lid, I just said "Ok, I'll be super careful when cleaning with ISO".

Yeah it’s only a small piece. Bottom corner that’s lifted up a bit. But other then that it appears fine. Just not adhered to the kid itself on a small spot.

ginolicious,

maremaresing

Since I'd been drooling over the firefly 1 since it's launch, I finally snapped one up (used). Think the battery I got is on it's last legs, since it dies before I've fully vaped an oven. Got a 770mah one on the way, which I have high hopes for.

Thoughts:
-Enormous clouds that are silky smooth and ice cold. It's amazing how easy it is to get clouds from this. Very similar technique to the mflb.
-That airpath is short but sucks all the heat from the vapor. You don't even think you are getting anything until you exhale.
-Firefly 1 is so big and so heavy. It's a behemoth. I love it, but I wouldn't really use it portably.
-Form factor feels really nice in the hand. Using it is like hitting a big glass bowl. Nice ritualistic experience.
-Build quality is off the charts. I can see why they charged $300ish msrp, though that was (and maybe still) is too much for me to drop on a portable.
-battery life is meh, but fine.
-It's a real mess to load, unload. Herb sticks to the top and falls all over. But it's cool you can sweep any extra into the chamber. This means I can just pour ground herb in there to load.

rwPrUo6.jpg

I really wish the firefly 2 had kept the Streamline Moderne/Art Deco styling, but smaller with more battery life. One button/temp operation on the firefly1 is perfect. So just make it the same as the 1 but smaller and lighter with more battery life. :huh:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Since I'd been drooling over the firefly 1 since it's launch, I finally snapped one up (used). Think the battery I got is on it's last legs, since it dies before I've fully vaped an oven. Got a 770mah one on the way, which I have high hopes for.

Beauty .... congrats...

I agree with you 💯% on all points especially on wishing for a retro FireFly 3 ... still the best tasting vape I own ... just need to treat gently to keep it going ... weekends special occasions only ... here's mine earlier today lurking in the background ready for Saturday night fever in a few hours ... I leave the daily driver work to my Stcky Brick and DV ...

you'll love the FF2 battery .... game changer with the FF1 ...

also ... consider ordering these ... drop one on top of the bowl .... big time game changer ... enjoy your flights 😎🚀

20210327_131140_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Last edited:

maremaresing

Thanks for the welcome and tips @NYC_Frank ! I love your pretty firefly sitting there, and think it's interesting you call it your ferrari. I have been thinking of mine as a hot rod muscle vape. The glow behind the grill and everything.

-Got the FF2 battery yesterday and was a little underwhelmed. It doesn't heat up any faster, and the LED turned red way sooner than expected. BUT, the glow doesn't dim hardly when I inhale, the ABV gets way darker, and I can consistently get huge back to back rips that are clearly extracting at a higher temperature. So I guess it is a game changer, and now I know my OG battery isn't on it's last legs! Bonus, and I have a backup battery.

-Got those titanium dome screens and I wonder why that's the recommended size? It's small enough that it kind of lifts up at an angle into the sight glass, where I'd want a 3/4 inch dome to be held in place by the lid. Maybe the dome doesn't play well with the lid, and it doesn't seat well? The result was good enough that I removed it and found a 3/4 inch SS screen to plop in there instead.

P4FZdOt.jpg

WHOA NELLY you weren't kidding about game changer. Not only can I always see the glowing ring, but I can feel free to play with faster draw speeds than usual. Because it's convection, faster draw speed is good when things are warmed up. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE; the backpressure the screen gives keeps the oven significantly hotter than before, and directs all the heat through the load, rather than risking going around it. And the lid doesn't get messy.

Looks like a sauna now when vaping, for sure. 💨

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Cool ... surprised at the battery life though ... I always heat the 1st bowl through a full 12 second blink cycle without drawing and then take my first slow long pull ... only requires about 5 or so secs of power and then release the button once you taste /sense you're there ... the rest of the draw is pure convection ... I like to go well over 20 sec ... maybe depress the button for a sec or so a few times but thats about it ... I usually get about 3 long pulls before my battery goes red .... easily enough for a bowl remembering to stir in between pulls and give it a 5 blink reheat prior to subsequent pulls.

not great but a billion times better than the FF1 battery

NYC_Frank,
Top Bottom