Firefly 1, 2, 2+

Djsleepy

Had the four blue , one red death error on my device after charging , they replaced it no questions asked got to choose new color went with zebrawood! Pretty nice! Better than the blue I had! And a new FF2+ šŸ”„ like a beast out of the box!

Djsleepy,

cpl5938

I've been using the Firefly 2+ daily for a year and half and while I've tried a bunch of other vaporizers, this is still the one for me. Quick and easy all around. I used to grind but now just pull apart the material and it works great. I have extra mouthpieces but I'm still on the original one. Also have an extra battery and they charge fast. The only issue I've had and it's really not an issue is the lid gasket isn't fully glued in anymore but there seems to be enough surface tension between the glass in the lid and the material of the gasket that keeps it in place.

Seriously considering buying another one this week while there are still discounts; I have the stealth black one and want the gold. I've been going back and forth with another 2+ or the Davinci IQ2 but to be honest I have the Miqro and I find the 2+ easier to use and clean. Besides, I only take a hit or two at a time. With the Miqro I just open the lid slightly on the last hit to cool it immediately but I just prefer the Firefly overall.

floribud

I've got the gold one, mostly because I feel like that's the one Snoop and T-Pain would get...

Last edited:
floribud,
Reactions: cpl5938

cpl5938

Do folks own more than one of the same unit? Am I nuts for wanting two of the same but different color of Firefly 2+?

cpl5938,

ginolicious

I have a gold. Love it. Been using mine daily since I got it for 420 @Djsleepy has so many units haha.

also he knows how to fix the gasket.

you should not use iso near the gasket. Water is better. Iso will lift up the gasket and ruin the seal.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

Djsleepy

I have a gold. Love it. Been using mine daily since I got it for 420 @Djsleepy has so many units haha.

also he knows how to fix the gasket.

you should not use iso near the gasket. Water is better. Iso will lift up the gasket and ruin the seal.
I got lucky with food grade two sided fda complaint tape, when I first looked every place wanted me to buy a couple hundred ft for like $250 but i got a guy that sent me a sample roll that will last me forever. But works great I have fixed two or three lids by now

and @ginolicious i only have three!

Peace_man

Hey Follks, I am new here but have read much here about FF. My question to you is if there is any difference between an upgraded FF2 and a FF2+ in terms of air flow, vapor quality and overall efficiency.

Peace_man,

Herbie

I picked up a FF2+ last week during BF sales. I got one with an oak cover. Love that look.

I had one of the original FF units. I always wanted to like it but never could. It was heavy and ā€œclunkyā€. The draw was really tight. Couldnā€™t consistently get good vapor. My material combusted too often as I chased good draws. I finally threw the damn thing away.

Since then, Iā€˜ve watched the development of FF. Finally decided to try the 2+. In my eyes, the 2+ seems like a very different product than the first version. It seems much smaller and lighter (good). The draw is fine - not too tight or thick, at all. The vapor quality (flavor/quantity) is far better. The unit is easy to use. Iā€™m still on the break-in curve but I think Iā€™m gonna love this little jewel!

Peace_man

No doubt. The FF2+ ist much better then the FF1. However Firefly offers for FF2 users an upgrade to the FF2+ for 30 bucks. My question is if there is a difference at all between those upgraded FF2 units and the FF2+

Peace_man,

ginolicious

Yes there is a difference between FF2 and 2+. Airflow is 30% increased. And if I recall correctly. The battery is a tad more efficient as well.

ginolicious,

Herbie

No doubt. The FF2+ ist much better then the FF1. However Firefly offers for FF2 users an upgrade to the FF2+ for 30 bucks. My question is if there is a difference at all between those upgraded FF2 units and the FF2+

Right. I wasnā€™t replying to your post. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Herbie,

floribud

The plate on the bottom of the bowl has larger air holes and the heating curves algorithms have been updated to optimized to match the increased airflow

floribud,

sheaegan24

What is the mouthpiece of the firefly 2+ made of because the all borosilicate vapor path and glass lined bowl have me intrigued but it seems as if the mouth piece is plastic which just doesnā€™t make sense if itā€™s supposed to be the pinochle of flavor in vapes.

sheaegan24,

ginolicious

What is the mouthpiece of the firefly 2+ made of because the all borosilicate vapor path and glass lined bowl have me intrigued but it seems as if the mouth piece is plastic which just doesnā€™t make sense if itā€™s supposed to be the pinochle of flavor in vapes.
I believe it is plastic. Doesnā€™t not cause any taste or mess with the pure flavour. That parhway is so small.

ginolicious,

cpl5938

It is plastic with a tiny metal screen insert. I bought a pack of extra mouthpieces because the clips that hold it in the body looked a little fragile to me but I've had my unit 1.5 years and still on the same mouthpiece. And I take it off a few times a week to clean it.

cpl5938,

kcmochris

Hey all - glad FC is still around! I just got some concentrates for the first time -- live resin sugar and some crumble. I used one metal concentrate pad and took it straight to 500. Once I got it nice and heated, then slide Calibration to 111% (from 94% where I like to keep it). Wowww lol Very strong. I'm curious about making a sandwich (flower on top, crumble/or sugar in the middle, and more flower on top).

1) Is the sandwich method any better than just the pad?

2) Do I need to put the pad in there at the bottom when making a sandwich (lol)? This crumble is decently dry and the live sugar is similar to ear wax consistency, which obviously melted into the pad just fine once I got it all nice and hot. Just worried if it would leak through the flower and possibly get down to the heating element thru the stock plate's holes. Or does the flower just soak it all up when it gets heated and I shouldn't worry?

3) Lastly, I've had occasional combustion when taking FF2+ from 420 and up. What's a good temp for cooking said sandwich? I'm assuming if it's no higher than 420 - 430 that I won't be losing out on any of the concentrate goodies, but let me know if I'm wrong in that assumption.

Appreciate you all and hope everyone is maintaining from these times. Much love!

kcmochris,

puckpack

Hello,

i recently got my ff2+ and am loving it! I also have a mflb, an edge, an argo and a dynavap and the experience is quite unique. In a good way.

I do have a question. I am only getting 2-3 hits before my flower is pretty dark brown, this was not what I was expecting. I set the temp to 350 and take a pretty long draw, usually 15-25 seconds. I do have a screen over the flower (thanks for the tip:)) and my current flower is a bit dry. Is this typical?

The taste is great and I am producing quite a bit of vapor so not complaining! Just curious...

Thanks

puckpack,

cpl5938

Hello,

i recently got my ff2+ and am loving it! I also have a mflb, an edge, an argo and a dynavap and the experience is quite unique. In a good way.

I do have a question. I am only getting 2-3 hits before my flower is pretty dark brown, this was not what I was expecting. I set the temp to 350 and take a pretty long draw, usually 15-25 seconds. I do have a screen over the flower (thanks for the tip:)) and my current flower is a bit dry. Is this typical?

The taste is great and I am producing quite a bit of vapor so not complaining! Just curious...

Thanks

That doesn't seem typical to me but I wonder if it's due to the screen, which I've never used.
I get 10-12 long hits per bowl. I hit it until the logo light goes out. I do 3 hits at 360, 3 hits at 380, and then the rest at 400. Granted, I only do a few hits at the most at a time. The color switches from mostly green to mostly light brown around the 6th hit or so. By hit 10 it's all dark brown, but sometimes there's still a little more life left in the bowl.

cpl5938,

ginolicious

Dryer bud could be the reason. I know I have had bowls finish quicker sometimes depending on the strain and the temperature.

you did not tinker with the app and the calibration did you?

ginolicious,

puckpack

No, I didn't alter the calibration. It isn't an issue, I was just hoping for better conservation.

The taste is incredible!

puckpack,

atv3d

Hi everyone, with the passage of time the coil of the FF2 loses intensity, I would like to be able to make my own coils. The FF2 looks like a marklin train, built for self-maintenance. Does anyone know how to make coils for the FF2 ?. I don't understand how spare parts are not sold. Thanks in advance

atv3d,

learoydeetroy

Hello,

Thanks
Pretty much same thing happened to me, like I've just got the plus version and whenever I set it to more than 300 it will combust. it even combusted on 300 once. Ive had the previous firefly since 2016, so my packing technic and that kinda stuff was alright. I've used the vape for like a month and its straight now. idk I think It does some ai adjustments to the heater as you chief it.

learoydeetroy,

puckpack

Pretty much same thing happened to me, like I've just got the plus version and whenever I set it to more than 300 it will combust. it even combusted on 300 once. Ive had the previous firefly since 2016, so my packing technic and that kinda stuff was alright. I've used the vape for like a month and its straight now. idk I think It does some ai adjustments to the heater as you chief it.
Thanks for the info. So you didn't adjust anything and now it functions properly?

Good to know, thanks again!

puckpack,
Top Bottom