EVOLV Cricket

btka

This forum is bad for me.. also ordered a blemished… this forum does cost me only money… hope this cricket will be what I imagined.. is it normal that you do not get an order confirmation e-mail after order or it takes some time Till they send… thanks fc to make me a poor man… hope this vape will not end as a paperweight..

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Welp I just caught up here and am a little bummed I missed that batch of blemished units reading all the new positive reports... Although I'm not too sad I get to save the money for now haha but will definitely keep more of an eye on this thread again :D
They just added a few more blem units yest. There still..
This forum is bad for me.. also ordered a blemished… this forum does cost me only money… hope this cricket will be what I imagined.. is it normal that you do not get an order confirmation e-mail after order or it takes some time Till they send… thanks fc to make me a poor man… hope this vape will not end as a paperweight..
l I didnt get a confirmation either when i orderd but it arrived pretty quick.

Last edited:

Smknbud

I ordered a blem yesterday morning 7:00 AM'ish before getting ready and heading off to work and got an email at 9:15AM that same morning with shipping tracking info. Mine is scheduled to arrive this Monday. No need to worry.

biohacker

I believe Troy overloaded it and pulled too hard and fast so he actually got splatter on his mouth and even teeth.
As in “go hard or go home.”

Go home, Troy. Go home to your heavy hitting devices…😆

It's also possible that his unit wasn't calibrated. This happened to me a couple of times when I forgot to calibrate after removing the tub for a deep clean. Massive sputter/splatter that prematurely truncated my dab. Once I calibrated it was back to perfection!

Nearly 3 weeks in and still absolutely over the moon with my Cricket!

Any suggestions for some sort of steel brush or something to help keep the tub cleaner? I use a tiny piece of stainless steel wool but there has to be a better option.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
So I bought a blem tonight.

I normally use a 3grams hot knife to transfer my concentrates to whatever I'm consuming them from, and it should work perfectly with the Cricket as it won't even touch the titanium foil and it will give the Cricket preheat a "head start" on spreading the load over the foil surface. I have a little suede pouch I carry my current portable gizmo (a DTLP) in. It contains the DTLP, a small glass jar with concentrate, individual iso wipes, a bunch of Q-Tips and toothpicks. I don't normally carry the hot knife because toothpicks are the perfect device to transfer concentrate from the jar to the DTLP.

I've been thinking about how I'm going to travel with the Cricket. When I can carry the Cricket's pouch, I'll just add the hot knife and remove the toothpicks. But if I just want to carry the Cricket in my shirt pocket I generally won't have the hot knife on me. In light of that how fragile/sensitive is the titanium mesh? If I use a metal tool for the transfer how do you "wipe" the concentrate off the tool onto the mesh without possibly damaging the mesh? My concentrates are (almost always) VERY sticky. So I guess I'm wondering how does everyone here get their concentrate onto the mesh?

Which leads me to ask if anyone can tell me their experiences with the built in dab tool and storage tub. ( I used the ninjapucks code given earlier in the thread by @DJ Colonel Corn to get the free tube of silicon storage tubs). If I just have the Cricket in my shirt pocket with only the built in tub and tool, will loading the Cricket be a pleasant experience (especially with pretty sticky stuff)? Assuming a one pea sized load, how many loads does one tub hold?

I can't wait!!!!

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Evolv is really the best. My order from Sunday night (last night) shipped this morning. They sent me an email with its tracking number.

Even more wonderful, they included a couple of the gizmos used to clean the glass tube in the mouthpiece. Over the weekend, before I placed the order on Sunday night, I sent a question to Evolv on their web site asking how to order the gizmos. Fearing I'd miss out on the blem orders again if I waited for an answer, I just ordered the blem (and a spare chimney assembly and tub kit and the [free] storage pucks) on Sunday night. I also added a note in the order asking how I could purchase the cleaning gizmos.

Timetable:

Monday morning at 10am I get the shipping notice.

Monday morning at 11am I get an answer to my web site question: "send an email to sales@evolvapor.com and they will help you". So I send an email to Sales at 11:45am asking.

Half an hour later at 12:15pm I get an answer from Ken in Sales telling me he saw my note in the order and included a couple of the gizmos.

This kind of rapid, positive response and help is a rare commodity.

Scroll down there is a video about loading cricket…

Thanks btka, I watched that video before I ordered (along with the other three). :) Since there weren't any close-ups it's hard to tell, but it looks like she just scraped the dab tool on the side of the mesh to remove the concentrate. Repeatedly scraping a metal dab tool on the side of the mesh just doesn't strike me as a great idea. And my gooey concentrates won't come off the tool quite as easily as seen in the video. This is why I asked about how strong the mesh was and how everyone was putting their dabs on the mesh. The mesh may be strong enough to withstand scraping concentrate off a metal dab tool, and my concerns may be unfounded, but I wanted to hear from those with some actual experience.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Evolv is really the best. My order from Sunday night (last night) shipped this morning. They sent me an email with its tracking number.

Even more wonderful, they included a couple of the gizmos used to clean the glass tube in the mouthpiece. Over the weekend, before I placed the order on Sunday night, I sent a question to Evolv on their web site asking how to order the gizmos. Fearing I'd miss out on the blem orders again if I waited for an answer, I just ordered the blem (and a spare chimney assembly and tub kit and the [free] storage pucks) on Sunday night. I also added a note in the order asking how I could purchase the cleaning gizmos.

Timetable:

Monday morning at 10am I get the shipping notice.

Monday morning at 11am I get and answer to my web site question: "send an email to sales@evolvapor.com and they will help you". So I send an email to Sales at 11:45am asking.

Half an hour later at 12:15pm I get an answer from Ken in Sales telling me he saw my note in the order and included a couple of the gizmos.

This kind of rapid, positive response and help is a rare commodity.

Thanks btka, I watched that video before I ordered (along with the other three). :) Since there weren't any close-ups it's hard to tell, but it looks like she just scraped the dab tool on the side of the mesh to remove the concentrate. Repeatedly scraping a metal dab tool on the side of the mesh just doesn't strike me as a great idea. And my gooey concentrates won't come off the tool quite as easily as seen in the video. This is why I asked about how strong the mesh was and how everyone was putting their dabs on the mesh. The mesh may be strong enough to withstand scraping concentrate off a metal dab tool, and my concerns may be unfounded, but I wanted to hear from those with some actual experience.
It’s solid. You don’t need to worry about it.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
and how everyone was putting their dabs on the mesh

First, the TUB is solid titanium, not “mesh”.
When loading…. As the cap is off, just press - pulse the button for preheat mode (set mine for 200f). Sticky concentrates will melt off your dab tool. Some of my concentrates, like a dry wax, or hard shatter, I just drop in using tiny 1/64th tsp “drop”. A lot of this will make more sense when you have the Cricket in hand.

Pukka

Since there weren't any close-ups it's hard to tell, but it looks like she just scraped the dab tool on the side of the mesh to remove the concentrate. Repeatedly scraping a metal dab tool on the side of the mesh just doesn't strike me as a great idea. And my gooey concentrates won't come off the tool quite as easily as seen in the video. This is why I asked about how strong the mesh was and how everyone was putting their dabs on the mesh. The mesh may be strong enough to withstand scraping concentrate off a metal dab tool, and my concerns may be unfounded, but I wanted to hear from those with some actual experience.
I'd almost swear (and my eyes won't focus that close) that there's a little ledge on the tank edge that scrapes as you load. Also remember you can use a quick "cap off" pulse to warm the tank a bit and help stuff flow easier.

Smknbud

My blemish Cricket showed up today. I’ve never seen a new version but I think I’d be hard pressed to tell the difference.

I didn’t hook it up to Escribe yet and not sure if I need to? since the calibration function works (hold +/- 2 sec. and then fire button) and the temperature ramp adjust also worked (hold fire/+ and adjust…. I changed mine to 5 sec.) and am assuming at the moment that it’s the most recent firmware. I’ll check Escribe at some point to verify.

Unlike vaping flower I’m a bit of a lightweight when it comes to concentrates and a little goes along way so for me the Cricket is perfect. I’ve used it twice now with some shatter and did preheat melt at 170F and vaped at 485F. I half expected a mess but that wasn’t the case. Not sure if that’s due to load size or inhalation or combo of. I’m sure I’ll find out with usage. The hits were tasty, decent clouds and the shatter does what it usually does for me me…. happily couch locked.

Feeling pretty good about taking the dive and getting the Cricket.

Side by side photo of Cricket and TM2 for size comparison.

173498848.jpg

Pukka

I didn’t hook it up to Escribe yet and not sure if I need to? since the calibration function works (hold +/- 2 sec. and then fire button) and the temperature ramp adjust also worked (hold fire/+ and adjust…. I changed mine to 5 sec.) and am assuming at the moment that it’s the most recent firmware. I’ll check Escribe at some point to verify.
Mine wasn't until I ran it through eScribe so you might want too. I know it fixed the lid on/off glitch 🙃

Smknbud

Mine wasn't until I ran it through eScribe so you might want too. I know it fixed the lid on/off glitch 🙃

Connected to EScribe today and as you alluded to there was a firmware update. Painless install even though I have no idea what changes/improvements it made.

?? EScribe indicates that wattage with cap on is 60w. Obviously default but have you or anyone else with the Cricket changed this and with what results if you have?

Thanks!

TangibleHangnail

My blemish Cricket showed up today. I’ve never seen a new version but I think I’d be hard pressed to tell the difference.
The website says the blemished units don't come with accessories. The only one I think I'd like is the dab tool -- did yours come with that?

TangibleHangnail,

Smknbud

The website says the blemished units don't come with accessories. The only one I think I'd like is the dab tool -- did yours come with that?
The dab tool is built-in to the unit, so yeah, that comes with it (if you look at the photo I posted couple threads up you can see where the dab tool and dab storage are located at bottom right corner of unit). Things like the cleaning tool don't.

Smknbud,

RustyOldNail

Things like the cleaning tool don't.

The “cleaning tool”, is just a thin piece of plastic. It doesn’t do much more then push out a blockage of oil in the thin glass chimney.
It gets MESSY, and just smears the oil inside the glass. I’ve yet to find a BETTER way. Because the glass is so THIN, it’s been a challenge to find something pre-made that would actually clean it. I’ve been trying to find something that is rigid enough to push through that would have some absorption that ISO or my choice of 190 Ethanol (Everclear) would cling too. Even tiny denture brushes and picks are too thick. Even soaking the glass in solvent, it’s still difficult to clean. The Cricket still works fine after pushing out any oil blockage, but for OCD cleaning…. I’m still searching for a BETTER tool……

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
And they don’t work? If a pipe cleaner doesn’t work nothing will.

Timps27,

RustyOldNail

And they don’t work? If a pipe cleaner doesn’t work nothing will.

I haven’t given up yet, but it’s been a brain teaser. I assume the plastic piece was the best Evolv could come up with to get the product out the door. A PRIZE should be offered to someone that comes up with an inexpensive… off the shelf … alternative.

RustyOldNail,

OyVape

Seems like a perfect case for pipe cleaners; my Cricket is out for delivery, just had a tooth pulled so it’s timely!
I hate to break it to you, but vaping/smoking with a hole in your gums is known to be very painful. I forget the term for it—dry socket I think—but it has been discussed somewhere on fc before. Please check about it before causing yourself more pain than the tooth did

I haven’t given up yet, but it’s been a brain teaser. I assume the plastic piece was the best Evolv could come up with to get the product out the door. A PRIZE should be offered to someone that comes up with an inexpensive… off the shelf … alternative.
A small emery board or nail file?

HOT DAMN! I found something that works. Haven’t tried it with alcohol yet and I’m not gonna hassle with trying to upload a pic but I got these plastic thing on Amazon called The Doctor’s Brush Picks, and the brush end fits through perfectly!
275 to a little plastic dispenser box🎉

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You think that wasn’t one of the first thing I tried? :)

Damn are there really thin ones??

Honestly I think I'm glad I chose to sit out and will likely continue... I think there is just too much maintenance involved for me and particularly with dabs I prefer minimal I guess, I mean with everything really

Top Bottom