Discontinued Elo Vaporizer by Illimite Concept

Just Justin

Greetings,

Introducing the Elo Vaporizer by Illimite Concepts.

10-05-15-258.jpg

Elo is a portable, convection vaporizer that is compatible with Dry Herb and Concentrates. Elo is still in the Beta / Pre-Production stages, so some of this information may change slightly. For more information, check out the videos below and visit Illimite Concept's Facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/Illimite-Concept-750393478384379/

Some of Elo's features and specifications include:
  • Convection heat
  • Innovative and removable chamber called "The Chip"
  • Completely removable vapor path with integrated cooling design called "The Cooler"
  • Hands free mouthpiece that stores inside Elo
  • Metal body
  • Fast heat up
  • Great taste
  • No draw resistance
  • Compatible with dry herbs, concentrates and oils
  • Wide temperature range

I have been Beta Testing the Elo for a while now and I will have a lot more information and photos to come but so far so good and I am impressed with Elo!

Grim Chiclets

Awesome looking unit!
I've only wondered how a chamber in that style could be implemented, I like it a lot- super sci-fi

edit: @srama21 it looks like the mouthpiece is silicone and the path is stainless.. but of course it could be any number of alloys- I was wondering the same

Just Justin

Looks interesting man! What materials is this composed of? What materials are in the vapor path?

Design looks cool and use looks pretty easy. carrying those herb chips seems easy enough.

The main body is aluminum and the outside of the heater is plastic for heat reasons. The vapor path is both stainless steel and aluminum which is completely removable and cleanable.

I also love the design of Elo, a sci-fi vaporizer forsure and it's just fun to use, load your Chip, pop it in, slide up the mouthpiece up, find your temperature and get ready. I especially like the removable chamber which makes vaping on the go much more convenient to just pop in a "Chip" rather than fumble around trying to load a chamber and having a removable chamber also keeps the vaporizer much cleaner.

This is a vape to watch, I've been very happy with the testing I've done so far and I can definitely say is produces some really smooth, cool and flavorful vapor! I will eventually have a review out but that won't be for a while.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Roughly how much can the "chip"/chamber hold? Does it work well with small loads (~.05 grams) or is it best to fill the chamber?

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I'm not sure if I like the idea of cans/chips for loading herbs after dealing with the glass jars from the miVape. But I do like how it is easily disassembled for cleaning and such. I wonder how often this needs to be cleaned because that's a lot of pieces to keep taking in and out if this needs to be cleaned often.

The vapor coming out of it looks rather impressive. I'll keep an eye on this one too...thanks for bringing it to our attention @Just Justin

Also, what more can you tell us about the battery. It appears to not be removable and it looks like there is a charging port below the temp setting buttons. Can this device be used while it is plugged in?

Just Justin

@Just Justin You are a plague on VAS with this one!! Nice find! Ill be on the lookout for your review. This looks great! Whats the heat up time to lets say 365 F from room temp?

Yeah, it's definitely a cool vape! I hope you check out the review when it's done, I appreciate the support!

Right now with the Beta Version I am testing, the heat up time has been less than a minute to get up to 374F from room temperature but closer to 30 seconds. It's really quite fast and I have been getting vapor on the first draw

Interesting. Is the "chip" the small container that looks like the Haze ones or the larger piece that slides in?

The Chip is actually the entire assembly, the herb chamber as well as the larger portion that the chamber snaps into. I had to ask them the same question.

@Just Justin, you most certainly have my attention brother, thanks for sharing!
How bout batteries?
type? replaceable? sessions/charge?
Looks like a small charger port under temp control area?

TIA

I am really glad to share this one and I am even more glad that I stumbled across this beauty in the first place because I have been enjoying it and I just like the design!

Unfortunately, the batteries are not removable but I will try to get the size/ type from Illimite Concepts and let y'all know. The battery life is roughly around 4-6 sessions at 410F depending on how long your session goes, so you can get around 6+ sessions at 410F lasting around 3 minutes each or roughly 4+ sessions at 410F lasting around 7 minutes each.

You are correct about the charging port which is safely tucked away behind a sliding door below the temperature buttons and LED screen. The unit charges pretty fast too but I haven't timed that yet, I'll try to find that out.

Roughly how much can the "chip"/chamber hold? Does it work well with small loads (~.05 grams) or is it best to fill the chamber?

The chamber is definitely a good size and it measures: ( 12mmx 18mmx 6mm ) which can easily hold .2g. Since this vaporizer is mostly convection based with some conduction, I have had better luck packing the chamber loose, which is the main thing you want to do but I have had good results with the chamber full and also with just a little material as well, so it's pretty efficient and produces some even heating but for fuller vapor and taste, I recommend packing the chamber 3/4 full and loose.

Impressed! :brow: Another one to watch! :tup:

So it uses induction?

For sure, I enjoy this vape a lot and I would keep my eye on it. They are scheduled to release late this year.....

Elo is mostly a convection based vaporizer with some conduction, similar to the Crafty and Mighty but less conduction, more convection.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of cans/chips for loading herbs after dealing with the glass jars from the miVape. But I do like how it is easily disassembled for cleaning and such. I wonder how often this needs to be cleaned because that's a lot of pieces to keep taking in and out if this needs to be cleaned often.

The vapor coming out of it looks rather impressive. I'll keep an eye on this one too...thanks for bringing it to our attention @Just Justin

Also, what more can you tell us about the battery. It appears to not be removable and it looks like there is a charging port below the temp setting buttons. Can this device be used while it is plugged in?

Glad to share the Elo! I like the Chip more than I like the quartz cups, just for ease of use, reliability and it provides for much more even heating and different load amount.

I don't think you will have to clean this vape very often but it can be fairly obvious when you need to by looking at the vapor path and for those who like to reclaim the condensed vapor, the Elo will make that fairly easy because there is a lot of surface area for it to collect and it is easily scraped off. Cleaning is easy though and it all comes apart which is a huge plus so you can keep this vape running, vaping and tasting like new.

The battery is not removable unfortunately and I'm sad to say it cannot be used while it's plugged in.....but that is the charging port below the buttons and LED screen. It does charge fast though and I will time it for you all eventually

Last edited:

natural farmer

Elo is mostly a convection based vaporizer with some conduction, similar to the Crafty and Mighty but less conduction, more convection.

Thanks Justin, what I asked though was if it uses induction to heat the heater that heats the convected air. They mentioned in the first vid that they initially used induction to heat the oven walls but then when they talked about convection, they didn't mention how they heat the air… maybe it's too much to ask for at the moment though…

Just Justin

Thanks Justin, what I asked though was if it uses induction to heat the heater that heats the convected air. They mentioned in the first vid that they initially used induction to heat the oven walls but then when they talked about convection, they didn't mention how they heat the air… maybe it's too much to ask for at the moment though…

Thats a good question and I am curious.......I will try to find out how that heater works

Farid

Love the concept of using "chips". That combined with the self storing mouthpiece are very interesting, as one thing that's a turnoff for me is having to carry too many pieces with a vape.

I must admit, though, the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread was Arpad Elo, inventer of the ELO rating system.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arpad_Elo

Just Justin

dsc0286-5.jpg

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for a vaporizer that has a removable chamber, capsule, basket, chip etc. like the Inhalater, miVape, DaVinci cans etc....and I like Elo's Chip system the most. Having a removable chamber just keeps the vaporizer so much cleaner having the herb contained so there's less maintenance and it makes vaping on the go so much more practical.

Here are some more pics of the "Chip" Please note that the production version will be all black, black body, black Chips, black Chip case and then in the future, they said they will most likely be doing some color options so the parts that are grey on this version could possibly be a different color in the future.
10-05-15-210.jpg
10-05-15-211.jpg
10-05-15-217.jpg
10-05-15-235.jpg
10-05-15-236.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
dsc0286-5.jpg

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for a vaporizer that has a removable chamber, capsule, basket, chip etc. like the Inhalater, miVape, DaVinci cans etc....and I like Elo's Chip system the most. Having a removable chamber just keeps the vaporizer so much cleaner having the herb contained so there's less maintenance and it makes vaping on the go so much more practical.

Here are some more pics of the "Chip" Please note that the production version will be all black, black body, black Chips, black Chip case and then in the future, they said they will most likely be doing some color options so the parts that are grey on this version could possibly be a different color in the future.
10-05-15-210.jpg
10-05-15-211.jpg
10-05-15-217.jpg
10-05-15-235.jpg
10-05-15-236.jpg

Nice pics as usual Justin!
(and nice find with this one!)

So is the chip case and the part that holds the steel(?) herb basket plastic or aluminum?

Nice that you get two and a case, also wondering about price, warranty, and batteries?

Top Bottom