• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Elo Vaporizer by Illimite Concept

Just Justin

Is there a price set yet?

The price was much lower than I expected it to be considering how well its built, what you get and it's performance. They are still working on a price but I was told less than $200.00 and I thought it was going to be between $200-$300.

Nice pics as usual Justin!
(and nice find with this one!)

So is the chip case and the part that holds the steel(?) herb basket plastic or aluminum?

Nice that you get two and a case, also wondering about price, warranty, and batteries?

Thanks, I appreciate it! I will have more pictures soon. Let me know if there is something in particular that you might like to see.

You get 3 Chips total, 1 in Elo and 2 in the case! The Chip case and the grey parts of the Chip are in fact plastic, mainly for heat reasons, at least the Chip that is. I am definitely a person who is always concerned / thoughtful about breakage and reliability issues with vaporizers and I don't really see any issues as far as wear and tear goes with the Chip, even though part of it is plastic, it is solidly built, well designed and I don't see it wearing out or anything. The stainless steel herb basket snaps into a stainless steel top grate screen (part with the slits) which is then screwed into the plastic part of the Chip which keeps heat down. It appears that the Chip can be disassembled too, by removing the two Philips screws but I don't think that would ever be necessary. The plastic they use are heat safe, food grade and the same can be said for the stainless steel they use and the aluminum. ( stainless steel are 304 series and aluminum are the 3003 series)

Price is less than $200.00 and I don't mean $199.99 but I don't know for sure but I will post it when I do.

Warranty is 1 year.

Will get back to you on the batteries....what did you want to know? Size and type? they are not user replaceable and you cannot use Elo while it's charging.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The price was much lower than I expected it to be considering how well its built, what you get and it's performance. They are still working on a price but I was told less than $200.00 and I thought it was going to be between $200-$300.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I will have more pictures soon. Let me know if there is something in particular that you might like to see.

You get 3 Chips total, 1 in Elo and 2 in the case! The Chip case and the grey parts of the Chip are in fact plastic, mainly for heat reasons, at least the Chip that is. I am definitely a person who is always concerned / thoughtful about breakage and reliability issues with vaporizers and I don't really see any issues as far as wear and tear goes with the Chip, even though part of it is plastic, it is solidly built, well designed and I don't see it wearing out or anything. The stainless steel herb basket snaps into a stainless steel top grate screen (part with the slits) which is then screwed into the plastic part of the Chip which keeps heat down. It appears that the Chip can be disassembled too, by removing the two Philips screws but I don't think that would ever be necessary. The plastic they use are heat safe, food grade and the same can be said for the stainless steel they use and the aluminum. ( stainless steel are 304 series and aluminum are the 3003 series)

Price is less than $200.00 and I don't mean $199.99 but I don't know for sure but I will post it when I do.

Warranty is 1 year.

Will get back to you on the batteries....what did you want to know? Size and type? they are not user replaceable and you cannot use Elo while it's charging.

Sounds good. Seems like this will be the first Chinese company to release a convection unit? I know others are working on them...

Shame about non swappable batteries and only a year warranty. Also no use while charging, though that's not great for batteries anyhow if its not pass through. How many chips can you go through in a charge? How many hits to a chip at which temps?

Really nice value that you get 3 chips and the case though, very Haze meets Mivape to me

Grim Chiclets

Haha I come back every couple hours in the hopes that we get info on price, materials, etc. :lol:
Like a couple have already noted- looks sweet! First unit since the S&B portables to catch my eye.

I'm just hoping for a session or 2 more from the battery; pretty much everything but the Solo pushed me away..(and 'tane vapes are kind of a curiosity to me)

Just Justin

Sounds good. Seems like this will be the first Chinese company to release a convection unit? I know others are working on them...

Shame about non swappable batteries and only a year warranty. Also no use while charging, though that's not great for batteries anyhow if its not pass through. How many chips can you go through in a charge? How many hits to a chip at which temps?

Really nice value that you get 3 chips and the case though, very Haze meets Mivape to me

Yeah, I really wish this vape had a removable battery and or pass through charging but either way, I still like the Elo and hopefully their next model will feature more battery capabilities.

As far as hits per Chip and Chips per charges go, generally I have been enjoying the vapor with the Elo set on 365-383F and I usually take about 10-12 long inhalations to cash a Chip and you can probably get a few more hits but its mostly spent after 10 inhalations. You can get between 4-7 Chips out of a charge depending on how long your session goes and this is based on 410F temperature, so 7 minute sessions will be more like 4 Chips per charge, whereas 3 minute sessions will give you more like 7 Chips per Charge. Set at 374F will probably provide more Chips per charge but I am still testing the battery life.

Mulehead

As far as hits per Chip and Chips per charges go, generally I have been enjoying the vapor with the Elo set on 365-383F and I usually take about 10-12 long inhalations to cash a Chip and you can probably get a few more hits but its mostly spent after 10 inhalations. You can get between 4-7 Chips out of a charge depending on how long your session goes and this is based on 410F temperature, so 7 minute sessions will be more like 4 Chips per charge, whereas 3 minute sessions will give you more like 7 Chips per Charge. Set at 374F will probably provide more Chips per charge but I am still testing the battery life.

That sounds acceptable, but not having a removable battery will limit the sales of this one IMO.

ATTENTION ALL VAPE MANUFACTURERS
All portable devices MUST have replaceable batteries that are easy to come across (18650's would be a nice standard)!!
Please start listening to your customers!!

Just Justin

That is one of my biggest criticisms of any portable vape....vapes can last a while and you can count on them but batteries will all eventually need replacing so I wish more companies made it so you could replace the batteries in their vaporizers so they can last or so you can have extra juice on the go.

I've got some more information from Illimite Concepts regarding a few previous questions;

About the battery: 1000 mah 11.1V lithium Ion battery (1.7cm thick x 3cm width x 5.3 cm tall )
It takes 90-120 minutes to charge.

The heater and how it works: There are four ceramic heaters which heats up the air inside the oven, once the oven temperature reaches its setting temperature , the light stops flashing. There are no induction heating in the design and it was not mentioned in the video

Price: Still working on a final price

Here are 3 photos: Herb before / without vaporization, Herb after vaporization at 383F with 12 draws and herb that sat in Elo with the unit on at 383F for 5 minutes without any inhalations to test for conduction. As you can see, although not very clear in the photos, the Elo is mostly a convection vaporizer and has very even heating. There is some conduction going on but definitely more convection, maybe 60-80% convection IMO.

dsc0300-edit.jpg

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Oh boy! They are using a 3S battery pack, awesome! This can potentially allow to output mad power like in the FlowerMate8.

Can you quantify the amount of conduction happening? A simple test would be to set to a high (or max) temperature and let the load sit for a while and see if you get any discoloration. Most convection vapes in a portable form factor have some amount of conduction happening because for size reasons the load can't be that far away from the heat source.

So far I'm liking what I'm reading.

scottg402

Oh boy! They are using a 3S battery pack, awesome! This can potentially allow to output mad power like in the FlowerMate8.

Can you quantify the amount of conduction happening? A simple test would be to set to a high (or max) temperature and let the load sit for a while and see if you get any discoloration. Most convection vapes in a portable form factor have some amount of conduction happening because for size reasons the load can't be that far away from the heat source.

So far I'm liking what I'm reading.
Hey Kero did you see the top can from his picture above? It is not at full power but that is the herb with no draws.

Just Justin

From the official video we can assume that the 4 ceramic heaters are placed under the chip and the load so I doubt there is much conduction happening there…
It seems that it's the hot air rising that bakes the load a bit when you are not drawing so it's still conduction, maybe some radiation as well.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The herb chamber of the Chip is stainless steel but most of the bottom is just open/screen so that part mostly doesn't heat up via conduction, just the very edge of the bottom and sides of the chamber could contribute to most of the conduction going on. The hot air from the heater must be rising a bit causing some cooking but there isn't a lot of "slow burn" going on if your not hitting the Elo. I am curious to try a chamber that has a more solid bottom to maybe get a little more conduction going, for more vapor production or for using concentrates when that extra heat is needed which is what I though Illimite was talking about doing for the concentrate Chips. We will know soon enough....

Just Justin

Exciting news y'all! just got the pre-production Elo for testing and it's pretty sweet I must say. I will have lots of goodies to come and lots of photos but for now here are a few pics of how your Elo will come. To start out, they will be all black everything and there may be options for color versions in the future. I'm doing a lot of testing and the vapor production has been much better on this version.I'm testing battery life right now and so far on this test I'm 4 Chips deep into a fully charged battery and still going. I have been timing my sessions at 5 minutes each with about 12 draws at 365F to cash a Chip. Heat up time has been about a minute to reach 365F. Hope you like the pics
elo-3691.jpg
elo-3761.jpg
elo-3791.jpg
elo-3831.jpg
elo-3851.jpg

HD Springer

Damn this thing is really getting my interest flowing. The chip idea was at first a little off putting to me but the more I read this thread the more I really like this. For myself I'm only interested in a convection type portable. And this damn little thing keeps making me want it more and more. Nice job bringing this to the masses @Just Justin and great pics.

Just Justin

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I'm glad to be sharing about the Elo, it's a vaporizer that I am really excited about and I will do my best to keep the pics and posts coming.

This is a mostly convection device and I think it can definitely stand up to the Crafty/Mighty which are the top two dogs IMO, portable wise and the Elo is very similar in operation, heat and performance. The Elo falls somewhere in between the Crafty and Mighty vapes size wise and it's got the full temperature control like the Mighty but in a smaller package although I believe Elo weighs the same as the Mighty, mostly because the Elo body is aluminum which has a great feel and is a welcome change to all the plastic vapes out there, which are still great but I like metal. The Elo body doesn't heat up either because the oven is basically separated from the rest of the body similar to the Crafty/Mighty vapes so the aluminum stays cool to the touch which is very good because inside is all the electronics and the battery so you don't want that stuff getting excessively hot.

Currently, I am testing to see how the Elo performs with different amounts of herbs as well as grind consistences to find the optimal set up up and to see how efficient this device is, in particular with smaller amounts. I've done some brief testing on this last night and I had a fully packed but loose Chip vs. a Chip with just enough herb to cover the bottom screen and I pressed the top screen tightly against the herb to keep it from blowing around and I got great results both ways. There was plenty of vapor from both and both were completely vaped through without stirring and both had great flavor. I didn't doubt that the smaller amount would vape, thanks to the efficiency of convection, I just thought the flavor and vapor would be much thinner but I was surprised that I got so much vapor and flavor. I have been trying different temps to and I started at 374f and now I'm down to 356F and the flavor keeps getting better and I'm still getting plenty of visible vapor. I will be expanding on all of these tests soon.

The Elo is evolving and the folks at Illimite Concepts are striving to make Elo even better so there will be a few slight changes to the design and I will do my best to point those out in the photos to come.The changes are minor but they are changes that will improve the overall flavor of the vapor as well as keep the air/vapor path sealed from any electronics and also make cleaning and assembly easier. I will hopefully have some more information soon.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Just a short message to let you know that I'm currently beta-testing the Elo. I received a pre-production sample last week, and have been engaged in a very active discussion with the company since then. The changes @Just Justin evoked are partly due to my feedback, as my engineering background (and my bloody curiosity!) allowed them to get a fresh external point of view and to pinpoint a few details that needed to be addressed.

I'm not able to give you any review right now, not only because it's too soon but also because I agreed to hold down public disclosure in order to let them fix any issue I could spot. They seem to be very serious about making it right, and a lot of engineering and effort already went into their design.

I can just say that so far I'm positively impressed but my final verdict will greatly depend on whether they manage to implement said changes or not. But it will take some time to retool the molds, it's not a simple process.

Stay tuned!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just a short message to let you know that I'm currently beta-testing the Elo. I received a pre-production sample last week, and have been engaged in a very active discussion with the company since then. The changes @Just Justin evoked are partly due to my feedback, as my engineering background (and my bloody curiosity!) allowed them to get a fresh external point of view and to pinpoint a few details that needed to be addressed.

I'm not able to give you any review right now, not only because it's too soon but also because I agreed to hold down public disclosure in order to let them fix any issue I could spot. They seem to be very serious about making it right, and a lot of engineering and effort already went into their design.

I can just say that so far I'm positively impressed but my final verdict will greatly depend on whether they manage to implement said changes or not. But it will take some time to retool the molds, it's not a simple process.

Stay tuned!

Glad to see you on this one too Kero!

Last edited:
Top Bottom