Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Danez4twenty

Ed just dropped a new Woodscents chamber on his site. Larger bowl but still works with Dyna stems. Sounds like Simrell is making it for him. I copped one to try, will report back!

Am I the only one that doesn’t understand how these woodscents work? I have looked at the site so many times but I just don’t get it,

coolbreeze

Am I the only one that doesn’t understand how these woodscents work? I have looked at the site so many times but I just don’t get it,
The Woodscents log is just a heater for your Dynavap, but instead of heating the cap until it clicks like an Induction Heater would, you bring the uncapped tip to the heater itself and pull warm air through the load. Does that make sense?

Other logs are similar, but use their own chambers instead of a Dynavap tip. Here's the whole process:
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/eds-woodscents-log-vape-eds-tnt.22287/page-134#post-1671790

Last edited:

Danez4twenty

The Woodscents log is just a heater for your Dynavap, but instead of heating the cap until it clicks like an Induction Heater would, you bring the uncapped tip to the heater itself and pull warm air through the load. Does that make sense?

Other logs are similar, but use their own chambers instead of a Dynavap tip. Here's the whole process:
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/eds-woodscents-log-vape-eds-tnt.22287/page-134#post-1671790
Ohhhhhhhhhh…..Yes, that makes perfect sense. Thank you so much!!

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I've been using this tip for a few weeks.

I'm not a micro doser so I do appreciate the larger sized loading area. How many rips I get isn't just due to load size but obviously material and temp come into play. Regardless of those two factors it is still a larger load and I get any where from 1 big to 1 big and 1 whispy extra hit with this tip versus DV.

I used the DV CCD and the included mesh screen. Both work. I prefer the mesh screen for two reasons. The CCD was clogging up and needing to be cleaned at a much faster rate than the mesh. The mesh screen has noticeably less draw restriction.

I have roughly 18 different stems from varied sources. I have stems from DV, Phat Piggie, Winegums, Simrell, Glass Charlie, Eds TnT, that glass one with the twisted metal insert, others. This piece fits on all of the stems which is not a statement I can make with all my DV tips.

I have 4 Ed's logs. This piece fits on all of the logs which is not a statement I can make with all my DV tips.

This tip would just be used with the log, it is not a tip you can put the DV cap on.

If I ever loose this tip it is one I'd want to replace. I do prefer it to a DV tip and would not want to go back. If you are already in the Eds Tnt log universe or thinking of getting an Eds TnT log I consider this a worthy upgrade.

unclesugar

My new bowl is already in the mail, just a few hours after order. I love my Woodscents and the only real complaint I have ever had would be the bowl size. I love the fact that he used a Dynavap tip for a bowl, super efficient and I get a great even roast. Size was its only downfall, IMO. Simrell seems to make some great stuff, I love my MVS. Pretty excited to see what they came up with for WS, it was a very cool kit already.

unclesugar

I've been using this tip for a few weeks.

I'm not a micro doser so I do appreciate the larger sized loading area. How many rips I get isn't just due to load size but obviously material and temp come into play. Regardless of those two factors it is still a larger load and I get any where from 1 big to 1 big and 1 whispy extra hit with this tip versus DV.

I used the DV CCD and the included mesh screen. Both work. I prefer the mesh screen for two reasons. The CCD was clogging up and needing to be cleaned at a much faster rate than the mesh. The mesh screen has noticeably less draw restriction.

I have roughly 18 different stems from varied sources. I have stems from DV, Phat Piggie, Winegums, Simrell, Glass Charlie, Eds TnT, that glass one with the twisted metal insert, others. This piece fits on all of the stems which is not a statement I can make with all my DV tips.

I have 4 Ed's logs. This piece fits on all of the logs which is not a statement I can make with all my DV tips.

This tip would just be used with the log, it is not a tip you can put the DV cap on.

If I ever loose this tip it is one I'd want to replace. I do prefer it to a DV tip and would not want to go back. If you are already in the Eds Tnt log universe or thinking of getting an Eds TnT log I consider this a worthy upgrade.
Ed makes great stuff, and he is great to work with. I also picked up some of the screens, happy to hear you report an improvement. Ed suggested i switch out to stainless CCD's in my bowl, which helped a bunch. I also find a better and more even roast using a SS tip for a bowl, i assume the conduction goes up a notch in that vs titanium. Sadly, I can't be trusted with SS tips, too long using the titanium, I often make the poor assumption it can't possibly still be hot, i stick with Ti for those reasons.
I was confident enough in Ed to order two of these new bowls, i have a Woodscents kit i am putting together for a gift, this will be a nice addition.

I have a nice big ball vape (TKO)i can get out when I have company or just throwing caution to the wind, but it needs to get put away when not in use. My consumption goes through the roof with ball vapes. The WS is my go to plug in vape, as it can accomodate very small loads as well as some pretty decent ones. Those decent rips should get very decent with this new bowl!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My DV tip was really loose when it was on my WS.
That is a fair question, mine fit but I ended up purchasing over 10 different tips before I got 1 that fit nice and tight on my Huon Pine version but my Walnut still has a bit of slop. I have always run2x WS as @ShayWhiteGrow demonstrated above (I use glass WPAs, simple 14mm male to 18mm male GonG adapters) as the wood is a pain to maintain compared) so they needed to be tight.
My consumption goes through the roof with ball vapes
This is an understatement, I am filling my large BCG daily to keep up with rosin needing to be pressed to use on top, the WS x2 that I run only uses a fraction...but does take a lot longer to consume so has its place.
I prefer the mesh screen for two reasons. The CCD was clogging up and needing to be cleaned at a much faster rate than the mesh.
I find this with any vape that uses a plate-style screen, they filter less, add restriction and clog more easily...I find it hard to believe they cost less to make than mesh so why?

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Got a package out for delivery. Getting ready in anticipation.
019-EB4-C6-8-D2-A-42-A4-A70-C-E9043-BB3-E09-A.jpg

I received the new tip today as well. I like it! The extra bowl space is great, it fits my glass stems, and fitment with the heater is spot on. This should help with the issue of certain Dyna tips not fitting properly. Also, mesh screens are a clear improvement over CCDs, which I was already doing with my Dyna tip.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Also, mesh screens are a clear improvement over CCDs, which I was already doing with my Dyna tip.
@DDave had some really nice Ti jobs that I still have not worn out!
Looks like he still sells them,

Top Bottom