• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Chainfish

@JEMSKU, sounds good, made one similar (different buck converter)

Just like the rest of the box, it's far from perfect or what I had imagined beforehand, (initial idea was to use those polymer clays that you cook, but is quite tricky to work with). Grabbed a tiny hardwood handle had lying around and drilled it out to fit onto potentiometer, then glued a glass bumble bee to it (if those wings last 6 months, will be amazed) https://flic.kr/p/2kQjN2X

Whisper

Oh my goodness!! This is candy for my eyes!

Just like the rest of the box, it's far from perfect or what I had imagined beforehand, (initial idea was to use those polymer clays that you cook, but is quite tricky to work with). Grabbed a tiny hardwood handle had lying around and drilled it out to fit onto potentiometer, then glued a glass bumble bee to it (if those wings last 6 months, will be amazed) https://flic.kr/p/2kQjN2X

JEMSKU

What a setup! This makes me realize I could possibly put a bit more effort in than stripping some wires and screwing them into the connectors... These different converter kits really look like they're meant to be installed or mounted into a sort of project.

All the beauty being shared recently makes me want to share a recent story....

'Twas a regular evening, I enjoyed my woodscents thoroughly until time came for sleep. I leaned over and clicked off my wifi plug, pulled off my blanket, and went upstairs. As I moved off the couch I was aware of catching the cord on my foot and flicking my woodscents onto a different part of the couch. I wasn't terribly concerned, the device was off and would cool quickly, and it landed softly. All was fine, or so I thought in my overtired and medicated state....

The next day, the damage was discovered. The woodscents had somehow ended up underneath the blanket. My wifi plug had failed me, the faulty button had clicked but not properly activated, and the woodscents stayed hot and cooked under the blanket all night.

Amazingly, the woodscents still functions perfectly and my house did not burn down. The damage was purely cosmetic, and emotional:

PXL_20210321_170957691.MP_compress18.jpg
PXL_20210321_171020534_compress38.jpg

I have seen this sort of sap seepage in the WS before, when I first got it, in very small amounts around around where the heater is mounted on the inside. It's stubborn stuff, and obviously this is a much more extreme case. It's been a sad time. I reached out to Ed, and hearing his response coming from a craftsman with so much experience was even more disheartening:

OMGOSH
Bro I have never seen that happen before
I am at a loss
IDK what to say
All I can think of is maybe tear it apart again and get some 0000 wire wool and try that
It's never gonna be the same

I haven't taken this step yet. I've decided to continue using the WS as normal, and let the liquids reabosrb as much as they naturally can, and keep the wood nicely conditioned with BAB. I will eventually open up the WS again and follow his advice, but I'm not sure how much of the beauty will be recovered as the grain seems to have been stained in many areas. This is currently how it looks:

ZBFFt6nBfNnJheBHHnpYOfsFAkqGB2J3BwHlP7O2tSa3yvEQ3hIRd4tCZpHPIM5nYWykL86xNhXhFx8QxPA1qX2kzvlf_3l_bHRq_LhSpCr6RKEbL2cbuJIqdtRwEaM2LiOWUrfNjERBmuSWje7ihu8-8nuk5MvvaC1TA7xwxqvohEE2J07dRSFa8qH0FIP-obE4CmeM8T71yvLcqeuHCKfP8sn3URU8qTXBeAZa_kVCcWH0e_FQBVQXw6fBRQWzZ6L3ncUY1at5D7ha8kNPk78Zg-yvLc7EpvqeUS0fshcNdIQfD03VDQjjxAdr6lf5aXk3IE2ZEWYmpVcfPMZdv17wOSka8iJdAeNIyXksTN9q3cHK85bkeUWGBU41cA_84e7jxVIzrhtz_FuHwcUXJKnhKixae1sNi22EpghAWif2pHn0JWvc5yDLNJfLKI69inxEelc9KMrBt-SpIQp5L4SkGLRmJ9vNS08iXSizXKENDfC4brSKRaoi2Wtk0WVfXYRQkWVPeREeeQD4nDerozo3NVuMr9-kdbccW39quRDKu1LAT1VkxgrXy41qUT30u0W69LtPj2Oy2sCELlxN7rte_Bbs5xK_8Voa1x7c-xqAMp2Dd_BFZ0awzzpAJvUULkjpTe3QpPLBunhzqg4_LYzMG28thYN94rINdgzIemB0kuZttsJsv62mY5EEdy_r3tQJ3TO8LQ82Nn9WI7dwqL_4=w678-h903-no
NuxbNaityqFPGycq22MqPWDRHwqDWa5G8ZYh2PJHs-ZnOKQF3ZX410ks1c2krpbgws1k1zScmltMUG4nf76ptTd9XzURgh-wS07jaJVNTYtXgxavb01OVVJ6tQ1KZvWBGZLQL6qH7gGyhfoGe1FxHScVjpoH7Pr-ttxi63DWqsVL3xeudUsI4tiAZRZVcW3PbT0Rwf_L3yOZHm21M0XRaxE86vLHN58O-PfyGOYHGEnZuZCIL78KFSw92uuHMqeGrl12JTj2i8LkD18XxjGN-xl-HfVc93mF83udbki2t2O0ihrrGV6dJ81BkWrZtXp41G3s-Io5wGv3K4UfsXKYipl4EGAY3_KWQjPK-bCGyo2iIU9RY1m8qoyzieQNk4BTmix_-S_-zyAJ3bemSFxeSqLUkPf2glBSDPrdtnfyt-Uwg8LxLNIFBNLfqd4boyMVZ6fjA2FVyImF9gK6d-QbXdwkDbhZGMvog3QL93YLYX4Ty_hxRTsPSlqM18bxoLXnTNZFTI2THuWIx4xMpOh1iOixhvQ2yA_IlzO5rGGytLkwdL8lPOuyCu9jkY1NeafYCgvVMVqcH_wWd4RpXKPGrWbdFpPUZtYeQMEWEA5-OKyrnKUav3DxuVyR38--xGDdx6SrGvUr7_jwKTDWRacPnDdJYGDG1Li9_maw1NCWRqEKP96wYYawW2lwd9WFCIwxDPULw2k0BW2Nl7SWuSyUjGeV=w678-h903-no

I am at least thankful that Ed and produced a very durable machine, which withstood an insulated oven while running overvolted for 8 hours, and that my house did not burn down. I really deserve to pay more for such a careless mistake. My hope is that I can at least partially restore the beauty, as it deserves more than the reults of my poor care:

tBTXUlr.jpg

I guess it's got character now! Happy vaping all.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
My concern is that it’s going to be harder and harder to find tips that actually fit properly on the WS heater. The only tips I’ve had that fit right were the ones I got direct from Ed.
I have like 6 tips, none of which fit my woodscents. Sadly this includes the one that came with my woodscents, so had to manually thin out the inner rim of that one with a rotary drill to make it at least somewhat work 😕😢

It's kinda funny when people are on about which tip gen is the best (say 2019m vs ti), and in fact there's so much variability within them that it makes comparison between them pretty tricky :myday:

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
It's kinda funny when people are on about which tip gen is the best (say 2019m vs ti), and in fact there's so much variability within them that it makes comparison between them pretty tricky :myday:
This was exactly my take. I've got two tips that work well with a lighter or my woodscents, so I skipped the preorder for 2021s (also just think its mostly looks and marketing). Probably done with Dyna for the forseeable future unless I somehow lose or destroy these.

Whisper

@JEMSKU

Close call! I would have had a sunken feeling if that happened to me. I love my WS, it's just perfect for me.

I have been very lucky with tips for a while. But I learned early on that not all tips fit. I suggest that you buy a couple of extras, I think about 1/2 don't fit, always too small. They are the ones I gift to new vapers.

SquirrelMaster

All this talk of Dynavap tips not always fitting is disappointing. There are some gorgeous Woodscents out there and I've always planned on getting one someday but not knowing how many of my tips would even fit really kills it. Curse you poor tolerances!

gordontreeman

All this talk of Dynavap tips not always fitting is disappointing. There are some gorgeous Woodscents out there and I've always planned on getting one someday but not knowing how many of my tips would even fit really kills it. Curse you poor tolerances!
Its definitely a downer, but I've been finding that I only really need the one good tip anyway--I just pop it on a different stem when I want to. If you're someone who never wants to switch them out, is prone to losing them, or has a dedicated tip for a dynacoil and one for concentrates it might bug you more.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Chainfish

SquirrelMaster

Its definitely a downer, but I've been finding that I only really need the one good tip anyway--I just pop it on a different stem when I want to. If you're someone who never wants to switch them out, is prone to losing them, or has a dedicated tip for a dynacoil and one for concentrates it might bug you more.
I have a few stems set up so it would be for variation (without switching the tip) or cleaning purposes.

gordontreeman

Yeah, I don't find it onerous to swap the tip to a new stem/wpa and I just throw the tip in iso after I'm cruising to handle cleaning. I can imagine scenarios in which other users would want to just grab a different stem, though. I'm definitely in agreement that its not an ideal state of affairs @SquirrelMaster!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've never had a problem with Dynavap tips fitting my Woodscents. Though, I've only used an SS tip once. I have several Ti tips, and all of them fit my Woodscents heater fine. Probably because most of them came from Ed.

If it's that much of an issue, then get your tips for Woodscents use from Ed.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Strange, all of my DV tips fit my Woodscents, some looser than others. In fact I use a 2017 M ss tip because it is the tightest of them all, I have a 2018 M, 7-fin titanium and a 2019 titanium tip. All of them are usable.

DingoGlittering

Yeah same, some SS tips you just gotta push on a little harder then newer Ti which seem to pop right on. I have four tips (19 & 20 SS & Ti) and all fit, but I definitely need to push the SS on harder than the Ti.

delicatebunting

I've broken all of the o-rings that sit between the WPA and the tip.

I tried to replace using a keyboard dampener o-ring, but they are too thick: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZQ3966

Is there a bulk option for the one Ed sells? https://edstnt.com/collections/wood...igh-temperature-o-rings-for-glass-stem-3-pack

On a rattlecan to save flavour and doubles to ease the restriction
I keep telling myself that I need a Rattlecan, but haven't gotten around to ordering one yet.

The rattle can came in.

I ordered it blindly and didn't realize there was a reason for the name.

I like it with the Woodscents - definitely helps with the draw restriction - but I really love it with concentrates for flavor. Thanks for the recommendation @LesPlenty

Last edited:
delicatebunting,

cosimo

Has anyone any experiences with non-dimpled glass stems? I’m thinking of picking up an aristocrat stem from sneaky pete as they’re on sale...

It's a great addition, bettter flavor than Hula and way better flavor than Gnarly. I have some Gnarly Stems and one Aristocrat and one Hula... use the Aristocrat way more than the others cuz i mostly vape low tempts, but use the Gnarly and Hula for higher temps... Hula for short hightem sessions, Gnarly for hightemp long sessions or for people with really sensitive throats.

JEMSKU

I've been playing with Vapcaps lately...

I added them into my woodscents routine when I picked up a Hotshot as a portable induction heater. Naturally with it being my first I wanted to play around with it as much as possible as so brought it to my woodscents setup. First, I tried substituting a cap hit cap for my typical stir towards the end of a session. I found with a stir that I could often get another half hit or so just from mixing in the fresher herb closer to the walls of the chamber. The vapcap, to my surprise, yielded closer to a full hit when I had already been reduced to whisps of vapor coming from the woodscents. Efficiency is sorta my shit so I quickly made this a regular part of my extraction.

I continued to play and ended up just removing a step. Here is a video of my current workflow, which provides an extremly thorough 1-hit extraction.

And here are the photos showing the extraction. The herb is AA Sour Diesel, it's a favourite but not the most potent batch I've ever had:
i4EhS0qKxxtZ7ZGBuOryxv0wx0X6hhU20XP8ld2ErErN5qHoRW7_4DVGi0ATz2wUULQpx91CZ8Z9W5rP8BILPv3LY_PB13UE-ZYj6bLvasPtYDI2arsqW24UvUOwNJKS9XRCLPJKljPibWnREARFxgTNymmkzKer8NNX059o9a8-VSJgPqs7DH1sNDAZ6bm4Ek6pJfdCHQqXk5_Dmg8sG_D7neS4qBl7aioBic3okacsIXt9jkdrd0CgNTcLzwEl_bbrf-Z09RTPz_7BRXF6nt_9IzDWW1gBvgAdsXlF_IiNexpmAP-IdqlUj6GpYMCGXGc3bMTYSjeQshnD0yKEDSuzWIdbAG3NyFJx_M9nRL98d9RgyGCjaR2Bui6ySsRfVxJjSv9KlwMcEUnPysr2fmdFsizrBMa_wjjVE3MOQ69ZOvMm4EFjaoc7dNB7rO_TGQgfe19t3qc-CfGHDZn8jE3TE5tAZC1VKaXl8JTCjQsv5qXoe_hi49NubILd3FGjIYwUSko30WoRZKauEzI5iqe0S6s7aQFaB3KaEYz-QzxOBl3nvRdJcRgF0xdlBkuSe5qj1jULDUpcs3sazVX7C2zL7hxXmQILtWqaw8swJMCWbh5Eveo3y0kW-TOcEOhVt7T-m456sL9r0F3JIq498eEiG3GJLVBVyKZN42yL2WZIMMca9uqPS2u9HA5Yx5v0f7yKen7ImRWB2USvOUyGeDjs=w625-h833-no
7hOOBYunCqb1OqH2WT-SmLeAZ9yxMoKZz6Wy8w4zPnq-kYDsN6naty-w2X7aRZi0MtYupgPZILG6NIyH3sozKXNoj5_-3JrPlGD4PpQpzqDbQ0oAIXJklYAKmP_fAVfNsMlekllCFF7gbjho1BytTznJe0-JxQn5e5hNgjTwTPnzEtGiKE-eFZ4iYS9E5PT4MS8eJtukj_E0AAvMhKfcso0rBA4onyA6iv5-tNWhqjfqOzc0XiEZSRTKHv0NsQTidWtb5yWkGPDYlal6IlK0Ooq8f0il0E61YJvEHdxDdx61UYMpobgNH4WPwFQMRA6pPFiENORpx5010S3M1xvteoRvrQJpR4BrUxkLCgtwjsxyBjTbzppGOsLxZaLcJbK7iQ5uPKT43LV0XlBBsstlkXHT4_TsjlqsGT0tpRsb53ZkuthZjbL4sufxIVoa-CWhW3jf8lNGjOkjSEUdk5OIF08enLTpzDIMuTIGm7IOy1ZNgdjvzJRt_NVEUvqWrhDUKnODLqddhCDVJsZweiVKa-2LzsyK6ma_46rVCClFf0bnPZzFiO7S3FM1pNjy2r-bp3gR2mLBuJqO4PYNHoMP_kGqsMeEouYjNzpL0L32lyQ4AHQcDRoNwK6ejfsqdwVEMDOXdUKlJAsWG8VDTUTUdDKpHSk_lNVrpaWngaU4hiC7YvYusrx2jIhpMQsSmIOf0YKtYBgkQyP7yjN87jjC05N2=w1110-h833-no

The woodscents cooks the middle, the Vapcap/IH cooks the sides, and together they do a more thorough job in 1 hit than either can do on their own. The hit is VERY full bodied, a nice hybrid extraction without scorching. A tiny amount of vapor whisps away during the swap between the cap and WS, but it is negligibile to my eyes. I dont know how well this scales to a full tip - right now the limiting factor is actually my lungs 😅 I might not do every hit this way but it's a fun trick if I'm in a hurry, which usually seems to be the case these days.

The new Vong is very cool, no issues to report, but it is by far the tightest tip I have among a both a sharp- and square-5-fin Ti tip, and my '17, '18 and '20 M tips. It slides on and off with no resistance at exactly the right angle.

gordontreeman

@JEMSKU I don't have an IH to compare, but I would think you could achieve similar results--albeit with a bit more time--by just setting the WS on the tip for a few minutes before taking your hit. I think I saw it on some older video from Troy/420Vapezone. I've been just leaving the heater on the tip for a minute or two and it gets a very even and consistent avb/extraction like you're demoing in those photos :)

delicatebunting

I've broken all of the o-rings that sit between the WPA and the tip.

I tried to replace using a keyboard dampener o-ring, but they are too thick: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZQ3966

Is there a bulk option for the one Ed sells? https://edstnt.com/collections/wood...igh-temperature-o-rings-for-glass-stem-3-pack

Talking to myself, but just in case anyone has the same question.

I bought 50-pks of 7x5x1mm o-rings and 7.5x4.5x1.5mm o-rings from Amazon (uxcell seller).

Turns out they work best when used together. I put the 1mm closest to the tip (that connects to the WPA), then the 1.5mm on the rung behind. Perfect fit.

gordontreeman

Out of idle curiosity, has anyone found a glass WPA that keeps the Dynavap tip in place a little more tightly? The BB9 and Ed's glass stem give a lot of "play" between the tip and o-rings/stem--like its not the end of the world, but when I try to rotate the WS heater I usually find that the entire tip is spinning along with it. I think this is just a limit of the materials in play here, but figured I'd ask as I'm just curious if there's a stem that might do better in this regard. I'm actually surprised, but thus far my favorite WPA stem has been Ed's included wooden multi WPA. Even in Cherry it looks classy as all get out, and has me tempted to reach out to him about some of the more exotic wood options--that Honduran rosewood is gorgeous @DingoGlittering! So far I haven't personally been a big fan of the glass stems without the DV tip as the o ring system just doesn't feel like a solid connection to me and I feel like I'm inhaling a lot of cold air around the edges, but I need to revisit this with the WPA, as its kind of been revelatory to me otherwise :lol:

Have to say as a random aside that I think most of my posts in this thread have been criticisms and questions, but I adore my Woodscents. I've had it since February so I believe I'm outside of the honeymoon period and this thing is just such a joy to use for me. I was brand new to vaporizing and Ed's kit gave me lots of options in terms of stems and a powerful at home/on the go solution. This thing absolutely rips through water, and with such a tiny amount. I milk my water piece up 2 - 3 times with like half of a dynavap stem--that is bonkers to me. I just had an eighth last me for like two months. There's another hit in there if I'm willing to crank the heat, but I like the flavor at an 8 on the stock psu an awful lot. It seems to heat it incredibly evenly as well. With the DV tip I let the heater sit for a minute or two when I want to eke out every last bit of material--what I mentioned above for a hybrid conduction/convection hit--and it ends up looking extremely even to me. I've attached a few photos, but my SLR battery is dead atm so apologies for crappy phone camera quality. I'd be curious to see where others end up with their avb. I know its not a perfect data point, but its cool to compare the evenness of various vapes.

P.S. Yes, I need to clean my little smoke spot lol. This end table has kind of been taken over by my vaping products, but its down in my basement with my tv and video game set ups--everything from a ps5 to an old school NES running through a framemeister. It doesn't need to look pretty to anyone but me so I just haven't gotten to figuring out a good way to keep my kit displayed/organized. And don't knock that Ring fit--I lost ~80lbs with a combo of it, running, and watching what I eat! @Chainfish that is a beautiful solution, and I'd love to learn more to see if someone like me (good at software, not so much hardware beyond basic soldering) could handle trying to diy it!

Edit: Hmm, my photos must be a little too big for FC. Here they are on imgur.

Attachments

• IMG_8246.jpeg
    IMG_8246.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8248.jpeg
    IMG_8248.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

delicatebunting

Out of idle curiosity, has anyone found a glass WPA that keeps the Dynavap tip in place a little more tightly? The BB9 and Ed's glass stem give a lot of "play" between the tip and o-rings/stem--like its not the end of the world, but when I try to rotate the WS heater I usually find that the entire tip is spinning along with it. I think this is just a limit of the materials in play here, but figured I'd ask as I'm just curious if there's a stem that might do better in this regard. I'm actually surprised, but thus far my favorite WPA stem has been Ed's included wooden multi WPA. Even in Cherry it looks classy as all get out, and has me tempted to reach out to him about some of the more exotic wood options--that Honduran rosewood is gorgeous @DingoGlittering! So far I haven't personally been a big fan of the glass stems without the DV tip as the o ring system just doesn't feel like a solid connection to me and I feel like I'm inhaling a lot of cold air around the edges, but I need to revisit this with the WPA, as its kind of been revelatory to me otherwise :lol:

Are you talking about this: https://edstnt.com/products/woodscents-dynavap-tip-glass-beaded-wpa?variant=37304182833310 ?

Have you tried using thicker o-rings for a better seal?

Is it also possible your vape doesn't have enough clearance (few of my pieces do) and you might need an extender?

delicatebunting,
Reactions: Hippie

gordontreeman

@delicatebunting

> Are you talking about this: https://edstnt.com/products/woodscents-dynavap-tip-glass-beaded-wpa?variant=37304182833310

No, I haven't picked one of those up yet. My Dynavap tip moves pretty freely in all of the glass I've tried it with. I was thinking its just a limitation of the medium, but using thicker o-rings might work. I'd have to see what DV puts on the tips stock.

My vape otherwise has plenty of clearance I think. I'm pleasantly elevated and it hits wonderfully through that WPA. I was just asking about the WPA bit in case I might go from 11 to 11+ lol.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Chainfish

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@delicatebunting

> Are you talking about this: https://edstnt.com/products/woodscents-dynavap-tip-glass-beaded-wpa?variant=37304182833310

No, I haven't picked one of those up yet. My Dynavap tip moves pretty freely in all of the glass I've tried it with. I was thinking its just a limitation of the medium, but using thicker o-rings might work. I'd have to see what DV puts on the tips stock.

My vape otherwise has plenty of clearance I think. I'm pleasantly elevated and it hits wonderfully through that WPA. I was just asking about the WPA bit in case I might go from 11 to 11+ lol.

I had a stem (The Vong that came with my first Woodscents log) that the Dynavap tip fit very loose in (it would wobble).

I took the o-rings off the tip, and wrapped a thread of degummed hemp fiber in each of the o-ring grooves on the tip, then I put the o-rings back in their grooves over the hemp fiber. It snugged the tip right up to the stem, and I've been using it that way ever since (that was over two years ago). So, you may want to try something similar. It only takes a tiny bit.

grogazola

@delicatebunting

I bought a bunch of Ed’s glass beaded WPAs locally. They are so sweet! I bought five glass WPAs, one of them was not as secure as I liked so I gave it away. Hope this helps!

grogazola,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom