• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

delicatebunting

I most commonly use a side-car with matrix perc. Here's a pic of mine that I took a while back, with a tall drink of vapor, ready to be inhaled

In my experience the woodscents is the bottleneck for draw restriction, regardless of the waterpiece. I've never tried a recycler but honestly I'm surprised you could move enough air through it to get it to function properly.

QrYMfIK.jpg

This is what I have, which is what I understand to be a matrix perc with a recycler. I'm new to this, but wouldn't this work just as well as the Ramahs' side car?

I've tried a few different setups including using whips, my daily is a low-volume 10" beaker. I have a larger 15" piece I like to use for bigger hits / quicker extractions.

Is the beaker similar to the Mega Globe? The draw restriction is more with the Mega Globe than it is with the matrix + recycler. Mega Globe definitely has richer/heavier hits, though. I don't mind the trade-off.

On a rattlecan to save flavour and doubles to ease the restriction,

I keep telling myself that I need a Rattlecan, but haven't gotten around to ordering one yet.

Steven is sold out.

Ordered this one for $45, says it'll arrive in about a month. Excited to try it!

grogazola

Has anyone any experiences with non-dimpled glass stems? I’m thinking of picking up an aristocrat stem from sneaky pete as they’re on sale...

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Has anyone any experiences with non-dimpled glass stems? I’m thinking of picking up an aristocrat stem from sneaky pete as they’re on sale...

@grogazola

I’ve only been vaping a month or so, so maybe take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I impulse ordered a BB9 to have a glass WPA and something a little cooler when I’m just using the DV for a quick pick me up without heating the woodscents (also it’s just kinda fun to use!). I also have the glass stem in the kit that a DV tip fits into. It’s not dimpled. I’d be happy to use both and give my thoughts.

Hagbard Celine

Hello fellow log vape enthusiasts. I'm interested in adding one of Ed's Woodscents to my collection of Heat Island (HI) and Underdog (UD) logs already in my possession. My questions have to do with cross-fuctionality...

I like the fact that I can use the same roasting stems with the HI and UD logs that I currently (I know the choices in stems can start to get pretty diverse, but I'm just using standard sizes of glass and/or wooden stems/tubes for the HI and UD, and they are pretty much interchangeable between those vapes).

Can anyone tell me if Ed's Woodscentss vapes can also be used with those same stems I'm using for the HI/UD? Or would it require that I only use specific stems designed for Eds Woodscents? Thanks

GoldenBud

Hello fellow log vape enthusiasts. I'm interested in adding one of Ed's Woodscents to my collection of Heat Island (HI) and Underdog (UD) logs already in my possession. My questions have to do with cross-fuctionality...

I like the fact that I can use the same roasting stems with the HI and UD logs that I currently (I know the choices in stems can start to get pretty diverse, but I'm just using standard sizes of glass and/or wooden stems/tubes for the HI and UD, and they are pretty much interchangeable between those vapes).

Can anyone tell me if Ed's Woodscentss vapes can also be used with those same stems I'm using for the HI/UD? Or would it require that I only use specific stems designed for Eds Woodscents? Thanks
the WS accepts any Dynavap's Tip**** . you get glass,wooden stem,wooden wpa when you purchase a WS
if you purchase a WS lite, just grab any Dynavap...

Last edited:

gordontreeman

@Hagbard Celine I'm not familiar with the heater/stem design of the HI and UD save from what I've seen in pictures. As @GoldenBud mentioned, the WS heater primarily mates with Dynavap tips. However, I'd be a little hesitant to just assume you can rock with any tip--I recently placed a small order with POTV and picked up a spare ti tip, and the fit isn't even close. It won't go on the heater at all, so I'm going to have to return it. A few pages back I mentioned this issue--for my original tip Ed was able to resolve it. Unfortunately, however, it seems that Dyna's QC is all over the place, so I think you'd be gambling with just any old dynavap to use as the stem.

The Woodscents also comes with a couple of glass stems that can be used with an o ring on the heater. The inner diameter is larger than a DV tips, but not by a ton. Unless the UD or HI stems are in the same ballpark you'd need to invest in at least a DV tip that fit.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Sorry, @Hagbard Celine yeah be careful which Tip you buy, or just purchase the WS kit, not the lite kit.... so the Tip there fits 100%
I think all SS tips are fine with the WS, but not sure. 2020M SS Tip works great tho!

Chainfish

Exactly same experience with tips as @gordontreeman. I haven't had one ss tip that fits and out of the ti tips have tried only 2 are useable. Don't think dynavaps qc is all over the place, i think it's non existent (remember the tip with the grooves not deep enough, this would not have happened if quality control was in place). Not really an issue as 2 is enough for me, one for the glass stem and one for the wpa

gordontreeman

The cap thing is interesting. On the one hand I'm inclined to agree with @Chainfish that there's an obvious lack of QC. I work in software so have no practical experience, but I guess I thought most manufacturing had some tolerance allowances that would in theory not be this wide open. On the other hand, dynavap isn't really marketing their devices as stems for logs so I guess the inner diameter is theoretically an area they don't care about.

I picked up a 2020 Rosium because I'm a sucker for the aesthetic and I do some things outdoors where I think having an all metal DV makes sense (kind of second guessing it now that 4/20 sales are so close and the 2021 has been released, but that is for another thread 😆 ). I was curious as so many of you have had no problems fitting caps. The 2020m tip fits fine--even a little loose, I'll definitely have no problem giving it a spin if I keep it and use it with the Woodscents. As I stated, the ti tip I ordered doesn't fit at all and won't even fit over the heater. The tips an odd duck, though--looking inside of it I don't see the 3 grooves for the adjust-a-bowl feature: I only see 2. Maybe this one is weeeeeeeelllll outside of what should be acceptable.

The main thing that is painful about all of this is that it makes it hard for me to recommend the WS to someone with a dynavap collection wanting to get into logs. For me I was starting with nothing, so the appeal of the WS was an all in one portable and desktop solution. If a user already had a large collection of dynavap equipment they wanted to use with the woodscents its kind of a drag to have to caveat the recommendation with, "Maybe, if one of your tips fit--you might just need to buy another one."

Also @grogazola sorry for taking a few days to get back to you. I bought a water piece (I believe it is a sidecar percolator but I am not 100% on the terminology in use in this community) and it has been magical 🙂. I have not founding myself wanting to go back to direct draw!

In the name of science I did a head to head with the bb9 and Ed’s direct draw glass stem that mates with a dv tip. I set the stock heater at 9 which is not comfortable for me native (leaves me coughing). I was surprised! The direct draw feels a bit heavier in the hand. I thought that mass would give it the edge but the lack of surface area compared to the bb9 must prevent efficient heat transfer. It was night and day and the bb9 was much cooler. I still coughed in both, but the direct draw really felt hot in the back of my throat. That might be in some sense a bonus depending on perspective: the bb9 I didn’t feel any of that, but as it’s a little harder to see the vapor production I ended up taking a larger than intended rip. It felt fine on my throat, but the temp must have irritated my lungs and I coughed anyway.

I have done some water pipe cooled hits at 10 and still felt fine if that helps you calibrate, but it seems like for pure cooling a spiked option would outperform a direct draw stem. If you are unfamiliar the bb9 has some little dimples but they’re mostly to hold a few internal beads in place. That might be a slightly different amount of surface area than a pure dimpled design, or it might just look cool and have no real world affect on cooling!

Hagbard Celine

The Woodscents also comes with a couple of glass stems that can be used with an o ring on the heater. The inner diameter is larger than a DV tips, but not by a ton. Unless the UD or HI stems are in the same ballpark you'd need to invest in at least a DV tip that fit.
Thanks for the info. I was doing a bit more reading here and see what youre saying about the DV tip. What I’m asking about is basically using the WS with just a glass tube/stem without any tip.... The UD and HI logs I mentioned earlier both use pretty standard 14mm glass tubes that mate with / go over the heating element in the log.

It sorts sounds like this is also possible with the WS? There are o rings designed to make this work? Do I have this right?

Last edited:
Hagbard Celine,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Hagbard Celine

@Hagbard Celine Ed includes a standard glass stem in the package, which uses a basket screen and an o-ring over the heater to form a seal. I don't know if the glass stem is the same diameter as what the HI/UD use, though.

Thanks again everyone. So my other question is... what is the best way to get one of the WS kits? Should I just be checking Ed's TnT website and wait for new pieces to show up? Approx how frequently does he update the site with new WS for sale? Or is it better to go with one of the online vape shops (which ones carry EDs WS)? Just looking for the best ways to get one, thanks.

gordontreeman

@Hagbard Celine Sneaky Pete used to carry a lite kite that was similar to the xl kit (just the log and a stem I believe). I got mine from Puff it up (🤞that they return). They seemed to only carry the 3 basic domestic wood varieties. I’m guessing if you want something more exotic it has to be through Ed.

You can certainly just wait for his site to update, but it just happened in early February and I’m not sure when he plans to do so again. Might be worth just shooting him an email.

gordontreeman,

grogazola

What are everyone’s thoughts on the new Titanium tip? There are nine fins and there only two o-rings. I’m worried they may not seal to the Woodscents or create a good seal with legacy glass and wood stems.

Thoughts? I don’t think anyone has them in their hands yet.....

grogazola,

grogazola

My concern is that it’s going to be harder and harder to find tips that actually fit properly on the WS heater. The only tips I’ve had that fit right were the ones I got direct from Ed.
What’s your preferred fit again? What should I look for in a tip that fits well? I have a few spare I bought locally and they’re fine but I’d like to learn about everyone’s preferences.

grogazola,

gordontreeman

I’m a little worried about 2021 tip compatibility with legacy stems and vice versa as well, but I think it would be short sighted of dynavap to ignore that compatibility. They have to be aware there are lots of third party accessories for vapcaps, so I am hoping that despite the o ring count being different they'll still work.

I’m inclined to agree with @letter never sent about the bigger issue being fit with the woodscents heater. I've got two that work (the tip that it came with and my 2020m tip) so I'm theoretically set, but it would be nice to just be able to buy one "off the shelf" if I lost them somehow. Unsolicited two cents but I largely agree with him on fit, with the caveat that it shouldn't be so loose on the heater that you're pulling in outside air. My ti tip is a little snug and still sometimes catches on the heater, but I prefer that to the m that is completely free moving but makes me think that would be a path for unheated air to get in.

JEMSKU

Does anyone here use a voltage regulator such as this? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01EMYHOC6/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AFHAE9RJVUMB&psc=1

I am picturing using this with a basic 15v DC power block to provide a VVPS that is less vulnerable to accidental adjustments on the knob. Right now I'm running the same VVPS that Ed sells and it's tricky to keep it set correctly.

My power chain would be wifi plug -> 15V DC power supply -> Amazon step-down voltage converter -> DC barrel plug extension -> woodscents

The obvious disadvantage to my eyes is that I would need to remove the connectors and expose wires to be able to connect to the voltage converter. I'm not sure how durable or safe this is to have set up long-term so I hoped someone with a similar setup could share their experience!

Top Bottom