• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

cosimo

If you want to be able to control the vape then yes, you will need one, especially as the dc to dc controllers above will keep your set voltage going to the vape as the battery slowly discharges(and drops voltage).
You can always use it at home too (pugged into the WS or higher voltage wall wart) for a cheap VVPS
I actually use my Makita LXT 18v power tool batteries to run my WS from DC as the ones above use up to 1 volt so a standing 100% charged car battery max output would only be 12.3 to 12.6 and it will drop as you use. Having an 18v to start with lets you use concentrates while camping as the DC output could be set at 13v and it will stay at 13v even as the Makita battery drains and is easier to lug around than a car battery!

Ok, interesting. Now, pardon my ignorance and high... but what do you mean by "control"? what would happen if i can't control the vape? would it be at the set dial level initially and eventually drop its power as the battery discharges? Damn I'm feeling dumb right now... feel it should be easier to grasp.

Oh, and I don't plan to carry a battery car around, but i do vape alot in my car, so being able to using the WS in it would great. As for camping, I haven't looked into battery packs yet, but that Makita battery pack seems like a cool idea... a power tool battery for a power vaporizer.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
would it be at the set dial level initially and eventually drop its power as the battery discharges?
It sounds like you get it, any power reg (even the dimmer) will draw power to run itself. If you just use the 12v socket in your car it might be OK while the vehicle is running as the 12v socket will actually supply around 13.8v while the vehicle's engine is running, that voltage drops very quickly after the engine stops.

cosimo

It sounds like you get it, any power reg (even the dimmer) will draw power to run itself. If you just use the 12v socket in your car it might be OK while the vehicle is running as the 12v socket will actually supply around 13.8v while the vehicle's engine is running, that voltage drops very quickly after the engine stops.

I see. Thanks. BTW, I live in a 35 year old building with crappy electrical grid and melted sockets, and i have noticed how in some sockets the WS will be a bit hotter than in others (i been using it mostly between 6.5-7), so i think i will eventually get a VVPS to tinker more with that part too.

curiouscat

Hey guys, just got a walnut Woodscents last week and I'm loving it!

I've acquired a few heavy hitters lately and it's been refreshing to get a nice microdoser in my collection.
I think this is going to be my new 24/7 vape (last one was a Da Buddha), I love how it takes up so little space on my desk.
The aromacup is an awesome bonus too and I find it works great as long as I turn it down to 3 or 4 otherwise it'll get too hot and burn the oils.

Does anyone have any tips for reseating the screen? It was seated a bit unevenly and with my OCD I just had to take it out and try reseat it, but now I can't get it to sit near the top of the tube and instead it keeps falling down to the heating element.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Does anyone have any tips for reseating the screen? It was seated a bit unevenly and with my OCD I just had to take it out and try reseat it, but now I can't get it to sit near the top of the tube and instead it keeps falling down to the heating element.

I prefer my screens there. When I bought a second Wodscents, the first thing I did was reposition the screen so I could fit a fuller bowl.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
can't you explain to curiouscat how to fix his
Ed has said before it is almost impossible to get it back to the 'perfect' looking position unless the vape is pulled apart as it has to be seated from the bottom to get it perfectly flush.
Just push the screen right down as @Ramahs suggested as it will fix the rattle (is noise another OCD symptom?).
I don't even have screens in my WS heaters as I only use my WS inverted on a bong and this gives the best airflow for bonging along.

curiouscat

Ed has said before it is almost impossible to get it back to the 'perfect' looking position unless the vape is pulled apart as it has to be seated from the bottom to get it perfectly flush.
Just push the screen right down as @Ramahs suggested as it will fix the rattle (is noise another OCD symptom?).
I don't even have screens in my WS heaters as I only use my WS inverted on a bong and this gives the best airflow for bonging along.

Cheers, just did this and it works well. I didn't really notice a rattle before but there isn't one now so it's a win cos that would have bothered me haha.

I almost always vape exclusively through water (other than sticky bricks) and the Woodscents on a diffusion pump has been perfect for flavour.
Not only is the flavour great, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it milks up a piece. Don't think I can ever see myself selling this vape.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I could see it being done if one used a very thin, paper-clip sized piece of metal @curiouscat , with a tiny hook-like bend on the end...so you could stick it through the holes/slits in the screen and pull it up...but I've never tried, because it seems to work fine with the screen down.

Last edited:

Pursewarden_sPast

Hi, all. Very happy to be posting here for the first time. I’ve ordered my first Woodscents (the Lite kit) and am sooo excited for it to arrive!
I do have a couple questions.

Will my Woodscents work with 2019 stainless steel tips?

Also, is there any difference in performance between using a dynavap tip WPA set-up (which I see most people using) and the all glass Ed’stnt WPA that uses the mesh screens? I want to get a WPA adapter for my Woodscents but I don’t like switching out dynavap tips from and onto different stems so it’ll be a bit more expensive for me to get a designated tip with a dynavap-fitting WPA than just getting the Ed’stnt all glass one. Also, if I get the all glass WPA do I need to use the high temp o-rings offered on the website to get a sufficient seal?
Thanks everyone, happy to be a part of the Woodscents fam !

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep

shopdognyc

I've had a Woodscents on my VAS list for a while now and everytime @Ed's TnT posts a new pic on Instagram I get all fired up about buying one. Especially those burls, holy crap the last Japanese elm burl posted (previous body design) was ridiculously beautiful!

I really thought I was done after the 4 Sticky Bricks in a row.

Then I got hooked. I reached out to him and he thinks in a couple of weeks things will become available. Even cooler that it can work with my Dynavap tip!

shopdognyc

I see a wood scent available but the wood or look isn’t anything exciting
Trying to justify purchasing or waiting for something attractive

shopdognyc,
Reactions: LesPlenty

SquirrelMaster

@shopdognyc Just gotta go with the wood that speaks to you. For me, it was Cocobolo.

Ed has been posting some amazing 2020 units on his Instagram. The blackwood model he posted today looks incredible.

I couldn't agree more. Cocobolo is on my list for some future vape, its a very nice looking wood imo. For me the burl's that Ed turns are my favorite.

I see a wood scent available but the wood or look isn’t anything exciting
Trying to justify purchasing or waiting for something attractive

Be patient. Logs last a long damn time so get something that speaks to you. Go through Ed's instagram feed for a good look at what's possible.

Top Bottom