Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

GoldenBud

I put it in my checked luggage. It's not fragile: I don't remember taking any special precautions. Nothing bomb-like about it to attract TSA attention. No Li-ion batteries to explode.
but u cleaned it with some iso/ethanol before going on? i think that's what he means, how much to clean before goin on a plane? haha

solenya

I was more concerned with A) how the power source would be viewed by TSA and B) how the unit itself would be viewed by them. I thought that a heater would not be looked upon very well by TSA but it seems like i was overthinking a tad. Thanks guys!

Forgot to mention im only taking a carry on.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I like using a multimeter to check the variances between all my different power supplies for my WS, anyone else find wall warts voltage can be all over the place, I check with different meters too,
IMG_20200803_130356.jpg

cosimo

I'm thinking about buying a glass mouth piece use with my ti Dynavap and WS. I was hoping something that has beads or something to cool the vapor. I love the wood mouth piece that Ed makes but I want to try something different other than his plane glass stems. Any folks are partial too.

I don't have other stems to compare really, but the Gnarly stem does a very good job. Higher temps become an issue with the carb so close to the tip.

I don't have other stems to compare really, but the Gnarly stem does a very good job. Higher temps become an issue with the carb so close to the tip.

Yeah, I would have grabbed the Gnarly stem if it didn’t have a carb. The Hula XL does a good job, but the Gnarly offers more cooling at twice the length!

cosimo

Speaking of stems... anyone, any advice? My two Gnarly stems (glass) seem too wide for the Ti Tip... in one the Ti TIp falls off with just some shaking, in the other one it's a bit better gripped but I can't tap on it to empty the load or it fill fall off the stem after second light tap.

BTW, loving the WS.

cosimo

@cosimo I would hit up Sneaky Pete about that. Doesn’t seem normal. The Hula stem I have offers a nice snug fit, which is how it should be.

Thanks! Email has been sent. I hope there's an easy fix.

After you get replacement stems from Sneaky Pete grab some 7mm ones of these to snug up a loose-fitting tip,

Nice! I think this could be an easy and cheap fix! But that particular vendor won't ship to my country, but I'm doing some research. I do wonder though... i found some Food grade rings that look just like those in your link but they say their temp range is up to 200C... that's quite low considering the vape can go past 200C. Is that normal?
Any one have a link for those rings in USA?

Last edited:
cosimo,

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
No one gonna talk about those new beauties that eds been teasing on ig? 2020 WS model looking absolutely gorgeous.
That would probably change, if he posts the pics here 😁. Couldn't care less for primitive internet services, that allow posting pics only (or other ones, where you need ten postings to complete a single sentence, for that matter) 🤣

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Being able to temp step an extra WoodScents seems too good to be true.
@fl_confidential welcome! Such a great group of vapers here. I like the new design too but honestly there’s not much of Ed’s that I don’t like. 👍 to temp stepping two WS. Such an unnecessary luxury. Whith most my vape setups I error on the side of unnecessary as well. 😂

cosimo

Need some advice, please. But first, I gotta say... I'm in love with my WS. I wish i had one in each room at home. Draw resistance is much bigger than what i'm used to with the MV1, but i have gotten used to it already and don't mind it much.

Anyhow... I have dropped my WS on to the floor more than 5 times already. Wooden body still seems in perfect conditions, but the rattling of the heater is much worse than before. Before, I had to shake it in certain angles to get a little rattling noise, now i just touch the vape and it rattles a lot. I guess something got dislodged. The vape still works like a charm, but not sure if I should try to get things into place again to avoid a future issue or something like that. If i look into the heater, i feel the cartridge used to be centered inside the tube, now it's like leaning against it.

I'm not in the US, so sending it back to SP or to Ed is not an easy option for me. Any input is appreciated.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It does not matter that it rattles, if it annoys you too much remove the CCD and push a similar-sized wire mesh screen in so it touches the heater tip, that will stop the rattles (this happened accidentally to one of mine and was left like it for quite a while)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Any battery over 12v will work but you will need this to regulate the voltage to control heat,
1597293391249.png
or something with a bit different size,,
1597293771886.png
Smaller again,
1597294076337.png

Last edited:

triskelion

Some of our friends are testing the power bank c to 5.5 adapters connected to the dimmer and then to the woodscent, no Idea if it was successful.

triskelion,

cosimo

Any battery over 12v will work but you will need this to regulate the voltage to control heat,
View attachment 1844
or something with a bit different size,,
View attachment 1845
Smaller again,
View attachment 1846

would using it with the car power outlet also require one of those?

i was imagining myself camping next to a fire with my WS but it seems like it might be better to just have a good portable.

cosimo,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
would using it with the car power outlet also require one of those?
If you want to be able to control the vape then yes, you will need one, especially as the dc to dc controllers above will keep your set voltage going to the vape as the battery slowly discharges(and drops voltage).
You can always use it at home too (pugged into the WS or higher voltage wall wart) for a cheap VVPS
I actually use my Makita LXT 18v power tool batteries to run my WS from DC as the ones above use up to 1 volt so a standing 100% charged car battery max output would only be 12.3 to 12.6 and it will drop as you use. Having an 18v to start with lets you use concentrates while camping as the DC output could be set at 13v and it will stay at 13v even as the Makita battery drains and is easier to lug around than a car battery!

Last edited:
Top Bottom