Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

nicosuave

I ordered last week and have not received a shipping notification or anything similar. When should I expect that? I am super excited to receive the WoodScents– can't wait.

Gray Area

I kept thinking I would come up with a solution for my WS problem, but no such luck. The little LED dimmers knob is easily changed when bumped. I have been using "blue" painters tape to hold it from moving. It works half the time and doesn't stick the third time. Ideas? Suggestions? It's a minor problem for such a great vape.

A thick elastic band (maybe wrapped a couple of times round) should do the trick. Use one for my nano dial as that's pretty easy to knock too :tup:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, am getting married in just 11 days now, woot woot I am so excited! Its like my girl said no matter how small we wanted it to be its growing and changing and getting bigger whewww, she from the start wanted to do JOP, I havent. This is our last wedding, I am going to spend the rest of my life with her and it may sound cheesy but I want it to be special, not huge and grand and extravagant but sure dont want to have it at the counter or desk of some person at the local courthouse. Its not going to be very many people and we arent doing songs and this or that not a long large reception either but I want to get those butterflies in my stomach, I wanna see her walk down the isle and say I do, I wanna share each and every day ahead saying I love you before I end a day and Lord willing starting the next saying it over and over again. She is so special to me, I wanna remember her smile on this day, the feel of her hand when we pledge our heart to each other, gosh I cant say how thankful I am to be near her, to be her rock as she is mine. She was and is right as she is all the time, you cant just have a small wedding, no matter what its way more to it than I thought. Sunday will be a year since our first date, 12 days later we will be married and it will all be worth it!

My 13 year old had his first chicken show locally before the state, I believe I mentioned that he would be the only one for his first being as there are no other kids doing it in our county, however all over the state they are and the competition will be tough.

4tm5FVX.jpg

How stinking cool is that, a trophy with a chicken on top! Ive never seen one but I suppose you can put whatever you want on one. They look good as far as I know, chicken I am most familiar with it on a grill or scrambled next to pork on a plate!

Needless to say there has been much done and more to do, have been turning wood for sure! Did get the dials back and installed on the temp controls, this is the white dial on the black control

YlGaeEZ.jpg

Since I launched the WS many have mentioned its hard to see the digits. Have heard of some users putting a line or mark on tape at their desired setting. Have even heard someone mention wrapping a thick heavy rubber band around it bout center of it to hold it in place. I have been thinking about how to make this better looking at new components online this that and other ideas, I even sold what VK's I forgot I had. I feel a VVPS like the VK for the WS is a great thing. I wanna do something like that and am looking into it in different ways. Hope to one day have something going in the future. The digits are still not that easy to see on the white and to me the black is more visible. If someone would like a white option let me know.

JF24B59.jpg

Ohhh just had some Colonial Cypress come in for WS bodies! Its most commonly known as sinker cypress, a cypress log axe cut by our forefathers and settlers of the USA were floated down rivers to coastal area to be sawed and shipped all over. Many of these logs wouldnt make it and would sink to the bottoms of these rivers. There has become a market for reclaimed discovered logs and quite expensive too.

ZY8qhss.jpg

Wow look at these tight growth rings

maaodLe.jpg

I wanted to do something a little different

hPUz7Xs.jpg

pQwrtND.jpg

m5fCyjo.jpg

XxALKMK.jpg

This stuff is nice, have had one on the bench for 24 hours, have checked it a few times as the body doesnt get as warm as some of the other species I offer, gotta be the density of the wood. Its a softer hard wood, usually these run a little cooler on the outside.

@Reflections Thanks for the congrats, so gotta love food and wood, its my 2 favorite joys in life. Ughhh gotta watch it though I have picked up a few pounds eating as much as I have, not cool! The green LED's look awesome. Have another update for the WS coming soon, will post up more of it soon!

@phattpiggie Haha thatd be a trip, maybe Ill bust out during the ceremony and sing it lol! Thanks my man! Beautiful stems, in fact one of the guys getting one of them has asked me if I can do a custom to match exactly, thatd be a sweet rig just not a good idea for the WS. Thanks for spreading the word bout me @ IG, gotta love morning wood!

@Mr. Me2 Hey hey my man, you know what time it is, pls tell your bro I am sorry for not getting back to him. We havent been in a situation to be able to get with him, so much going on and funds being low now is not the time. We are going to go a different route, gotta try and buy a house, gotta sell one and move from 2, got to pinch pennies to make it all happen. I appreciate you thinking of us back then and thank you!

@Alexis Woot woot, you are so right, Pete did me a solid there, thanks for letting others know, ill post the review below for those that may not have seen it

Pete is a good guy, he has had it for a while and has been enjoying it. I have the last components I need for the CE info, once I have it in hand I will begin that process. Have a solid there in the EU that is going to help me in making this happen also. Hope it happens sooner rather than later. Keep an eye out!

@rosedale Wow my man, that is a sweet rig you got and was a pleasure doing this for you and working with you through all this. You had nothing but patience through this whole time, you never sweated me not one time and hung in there with me til I got you right, I so appreciate that and the plug you posted! I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come!

@Gigsabits53 Glad you like!

@Dynalowrider I hope you have found a solution by now, forgive me for my delay, so much happening these days, I have been typing and trying to post but run out of time, have been working on this posting for a couple days now. I have heard of folks using a heavy rubber band around it and believe that has been mentioned here. I find myself just checking its location before using it often. I know that a VVPS is a great idea and option for users, that may be a good idea for you as well. I am thinking of doing something similar down the road, have an idea for one not done yet still looking at what kind of controls are available.

Wanna thank you @CanadianBakin @elykpeace @CarolKing & @mucsusn for posting up you alls advise, thanks!

@ThatBoringBitch You can leave it powered on all the time but I recommend doing so at a low temp setting and bumping up just before needed. It reaches desired temp so quickly. You can turn it off just the same and turn on a couple minutes before use also. Yes you will have a somewhat rattle within the unit if you shake it a bit. There is very little room between the heater and in the air path. I have tried using a thin Ti wire wrapped around the heater to stabilize it within the air path bit then cant get air around it so the resistance is so great the WS doesnt perform well. It is stable and not going anywhere, hope its not an issue for you. Glad to hear its performing well and doing what its supposed to do! Keep it up and let us know more!

@nicosuave Hello and thanks for the biz! I got you out yesterday, I ship for free worldwide on Mondays and Tuesdays. You should have gotten your tracking info by email from my stamps.com software sunday evening. You should be seeing tomorrow hopefully, pls let me know what you think!

Thanks to you also and good to see you @Squiby hope all is well your way! Gotta say I remember your enthusiasm and encouragement when I met my girl and were doing marriage counseling classes, sunday was a year fro us and a week from friday will be the big day, I cant say how excited I am!! I appreciate you and thank you for all you do!

@Gray Area Ahhh there is the rubber band idea, thanks much for that!

Alright yall, am off to the shop for a while, have had a surge in WS sales the last couple weeks, what a great time to have em with all thats going on, so can use the funds. A small wedding is still expensive, thanks to you all!

Oh check out my IG, https://www.instagram.com/eds_tnt_/ i have daily posts there and pics you probably wont see anywhere else of work that is most current, just did some stunners yesterday and earlier. If you see something there let me know!

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Awesome update Ed, I saw that cypres on your IG account and didn't think it was that special, but holy mackerel it does look stunning as soon as it is turned....drewling all over it at the moment.

Good luck with all the preparations for your special day, the way you describe your lady is almost exactly how I would describe mine. Such a great feeling to reflect upon that and know that everything is solid. Keep it up.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I ordered in the Under Dog VVPS. What are the comparative settings between the two? Numbers to voltage. Due to the fact I love research so much, I will gladly verify.:clap: Doc
I don't have hard numbers, 'cause that would take hooking up a meter in line with the dimmer, and I'm usually too medicated too apply that much process. But I have found them to be very proportional. On a 10 scale dimmer, each gradation equals 1.2 volts. For my Cherry WS, the sweet spot on the dimmer is between 7 and 8 for dry stem use, between 8 and 9 for water. That lines up very well with where I run my UD VVPS, which is around 9-10 volts dry, 10-11 with water, the variations being grind and moisture content of the material. Having a VVPS just gives you more confidence, seeing those hard numbers. I also use my WS's and E-Nano's with their aromatherapy cups, and the WS on the VVPS exhibits the same proportionality at lower temps/voltages. I run my WS around 4 volts for aromatherapy, between 3 and 4 with the dimmer. YMMV.

What I really like though, is one of the multichannel VVPS's, 'cause I can vape and aromatheraply right from the same station.

thatoneguy445

snELZ7I.jpg

9OglQdu.jpg

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, but I've spent the past few weeks reading every page of this thread, and (most of) the e-nano/underdog threads. I won't go into too much detail here since you all are already "sold", but I am going to do a full review on reddit/vaporents later to help spread the word for Ed!

The long and short of it: I am in love.

Before this, my only vapes were a Pax 3 and a Dynavap M. Primarily used the dynavap over the Pax, due to efficiency, and not really needing a session vape for mostly solo use.

For my usage style (30 year old married professional, nighttime smoker, mostly solo use) --- this vape is the absolute dream set up. I have only had it for less than a week so I am definitely still experimenting, but having the ability to get an amazing hit within 45 seconds start to finish is a game-changer. No more screwing around with a butane torch, waiting for the click, or taking 5-6 draws to get the same effect as 1 killer hit through the WS. To top it off, when I finish the hit, throw on the aromatherapy cup with a couple oil drops, and the room smells good as new within 5 min (not that I have to hide anything, but wife isn't a huge fan of the smell so I try and do what I can to minimize it).

Tonight will be the experimenting with the wood WPA, and I haven't tried either of the glass yet (I'm not sure I put the screens in right... kind of jammed them in there, and they definitely lost their shape. I guess I'll see how it works!).

As you guys know, Ed is incredible - answered a few of my questions via a detailed email (even tried to call twice, but I was in a meeting unfortunately so we still haven't spoken), but he is just the man. Even shot me an email on the day it was delivered to see what I thought.

Still experimenting with the temperature --- I think 7.5 is a good spot for me with the direct draw, as any lower I was getting super weak wispy hits, and any higher was almost instant "popcorn" flavored and pretty dark ABV.

I still have a lot of experimenting to do (oh no!) to dial in my favorite settings, how to pack it properly (I think I was stuffing it too much at first, tried to adjust the dynvap screen to smaller setting which was a bad idea for the WS, I'm sure it's great when using with the cap), etc... but I can already see this being the device I use for years to come.

Thanks to Ed! And thanks to all of you guys for the prior 44 pages of good info!

elykpeace

exVASted
snELZ7I.jpg

9OglQdu.jpg

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, but I've spent the past few weeks reading every page of this thread, and (most of) the e-nano/underdog threads. I won't go into too much detail here since you all are already "sold", but I am going to do a full review on reddit/vaporents later to help spread the word for Ed!

The long and short of it: I am in love.

Before this, my only vapes were a Pax 3 and a Dynavap M. Primarily used the dynavap over the Pax, due to efficiency, and not really needing a session vape for mostly solo use.

For my usage style (30 year old married professional, nighttime smoker, mostly solo use) --- this vape is the absolute dream set up. I have only had it for less than a week so I am definitely still experimenting, but having the ability to get an amazing hit within 45 seconds start to finish is a game-changer. No more screwing around with a butane torch, waiting for the click, or taking 5-6 draws to get the same effect as 1 killer hit through the WS. To top it off, when I finish the hit, throw on the aromatherapy cup with a couple oil drops, and the room smells good as new within 5 min (not that I have to hide anything, but wife isn't a huge fan of the smell so I try and do what I can to minimize it).

Tonight will be the experimenting with the wood WPA, and I haven't tried either of the glass yet (I'm not sure I put the screens in right... kind of jammed them in there, and they definitely lost their shape. I guess I'll see how it works!).

As you guys know, Ed is incredible - answered a few of my questions via a detailed email (even tried to call twice, but I was in a meeting unfortunately so we still haven't spoken), but he is just the man. Even shot me an email on the day it was delivered to see what I thought.

Still experimenting with the temperature --- I think 7.5 is a good spot for me with the direct draw, as any lower I was getting super weak wispy hits, and any higher was almost instant "popcorn" flavored and pretty dark ABV.

I still have a lot of experimenting to do (oh no!) to dial in my favorite settings, how to pack it properly (I think I was stuffing it too much at first, tried to adjust the dynvap screen to smaller setting which was a bad idea for the WS, I'm sure it's great when using with the cap), etc... but I can already see this being the device I use for years to come.

Thanks to Ed! And thanks to all of you guys for the prior 44 pages of good info!

Enjoy that beauty!! @Ed's TnT :tup: Wonderful job

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Ahhhh I've finally attained thread reading completion here. I believe my log vape enlightenment has been attained.

From day one I've always had hard wood for your wood! It's humanly impossible not to get excited about your beautifully functioning creations.

How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck...wait until Ed's hands touch that wood, that was to be chucked is better than better it's super duper good!

Damn my friend you've again happily floored me. I'm envious of your skills, love your passion and embrace your stories, adventures and thoughts with all I've got.

Your happy customers and all of their positive experiences here tell you that you're doing the right thing here in life my friend. We're all lucky to have you.

I've used a few friends log vaporizers in the past and here and now today I'm happy to say that I'll be proud to own one of yours.

nicosuave

Here's my initial thoughts on the WoodScents

My background– I’ve been smoking, vaping, dabbing etc for ~12 years. Former moderator of r/CannabisExtracts. Flower vapes I have owned: Vapor Genie, IOLite, Vapor Bros, Magic Flight Launch Box, Pax 3, OmniVap & now the WoodScents. Weird vape progression, right? I was vaping oil for a few years– I’ve bought and sold lots of expensive ($$$$) glass, usually at a gain. I eventually realized that daily concentrate usage is not really for me.

The Pax 3 was my most recent love affair (I somehow own two of them?). It’s not very bud friendly, not the tastiest, requires cleaning every other day for optimal performance (for me), nor do I use it out in public much, but I do love the Pax. I’m not always looking for a full session, and a good majority of my vaping occurs at home, at my desk, so that’s why I considered grabbing a vape from Ed. I had previously glanced at the Underdog, but did not give it serious consideration.

I ordered my WoodScents prior to owning my Vapcap, so I somewhat went on a leap of faith, not being familiar with vapes with such small loads and this style of vaping. With that said, my Omnivap arrived a few days prior, so I got acclimated with that a bit. And of course, combusted a couple times while ignoring the cool down click, lol. I’ve gotten some damn tasty rips outta that little guy, but my results are not as consistent as I would like. Needless to say, I was ready for the full experience with the WS– bring on the convection.

89CnYZa.jpg

Now, onto my WoodScents. I chose to get mine in Buckeye Burl after seeing the video from 420 Vapezone. Shout out to Sneaky Pete, as well, for the great guide and review. For some reason, I thought the device would be slightly larger, but I love how it fits in the hand and how portable it is. And wow, is it jaw droppingly beautiful… I think I will grab a small pelican case for when it sees trips off the desk.

G6oSEIJ.jpg

I love that I can leave it on my desk and pack a bowl– it’s just ready to go. And wow, is the taste amazing. With certain strains, I get this near-dab taste, which I had missed dearly. The vapor path is short as can be. I usually get one amazing tasting rip and then get whatever I missed in the next rip or two. Note, I only use the dry stem, so I’m not taking super long pulls like y’all that finish in a rip and a half.

Note: Play with the temperature dial a bit when you first get the device. I was initially dissuaded from going beyond ~8 due to an anecdote. All of my bud is 25%+ THC, fresh & very terpy, so I believe the low temperatures were giving me an underwhelming experience.

The device is super easy to load/unload. Like most, I use the straw method and use the included poker to tamp my load down. I have found that I only like to pack my bud between the 1st and 3rd grooves in the tip, in an effort to keep the bud off the heater. I wish there was an option for a longer than usual tip Vapcap tip (and bowl) to account for this.

I really like the Vapcap compatibility, and specifically bought an Omnivap XL so I could use the condenser in the WS stem. I prefer having a titanium tip on the mouthpiece– protects the beautiful wood from any lip gunk and has a nicer mouthfeel. Onto the weird with my Omnivap tip however, it does not fully fit over the reduced diameter part of the stem fully, so it’s kind of awkward to use, unfortunately.

jAcjjVa.jpg

With that said, it’s not necessary at all to have a carb, since you can control the airflow with raising the stem off the heater. In fact, this is one of the things I love most about the WoodScents. Having complete control over what gets heated when with what amount of air is refreshing.

I have not used any of the accessories made of glass yet, but will be trying the AromaCup at some point in the near future with some lavender oil. I don’t own any glass any more, so nothing to say about the WPA either..

Anyways, big endorsement from me. Thank you Ed for sharing your glorious device with us!

Bonus Buckeye Burl Porn (Noble Audio Kaiser 10):

2UWFSPT.jpg

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning everyone, am up earlier than normal got a lot to do before Friday evening. My girl asked me to do something for the wedding, we are lighting the unity candles and she asked me if I could do stands for them. I did some googling and found an idea for live edge log shorts as stands. Very neat, I had gotten several small limbs from a cedar tree that were trimmed up from our church at clean up day a couple weeks back so thought it would be fitting to do the candle holders from it. Got some hemp twine and wooden hearts that we are tying around the candles with our initials on em, very cool. I did the tough stuff and now my gal is doing the pretty stuff to em, I will snap a pic of em and try to post next time or so. My 13 year old turned a really neat wooden pen for the guest book that has a gold cross clip, going to give it to our pastor when its over.

HRoacWS.jpg

Took a little time the other day and decided my youngest is big enough to turn so had him on the big lathe, its easier to slow down and keep him safe. Had his face shield on and had him standing on a block to give him a little more height. This is his first piece

XBQLvF5.jpg

Not bad for a 9 year old right!

Ive been turning myself, made some great pieces and even lost a soon to be stunner

hCSHBu0.jpg

This was Flame Box Elder Burl, had some great reds in it and tight burl eyes. All was going great and then the jaws of the chuck loosened themselves a little giving the piece a wobble and thats all it took, broke right at the valley, ughhhhh so not cool. I was so not happy, rather than it go to waste, even in this form it still brought joy to Major and Daly lol

Nlo6shE.jpg

They must have really enjoyed those pieces as I havent seen any remnants anywhere in the yard. Turned a few burls as well.

KsbJbnH.jpg

Did this piece as a one off, going to swap some work for work. Going to have an amazing unit made custom for me that I will post up later. Have been reworking a relationship with a guy here, am glad we are doing so!

CaTulVc.jpg

Below is a Camphor Burl piece I did, I only had 3, the first one I posted a bit back got snatched up quick, the second one I believe I posted I still have, this one also got got just as quickly. A great guy I have known for a while wanted something a bit more special and when he saw it was all over it. Its posted in the line up of the 4 burls above

YTVRroi.jpg

Really love the tight red eyes and red tones in this piece. Gotta try and find more of this species.

Even turned another Bog Oak WoodScents for a guy. Got a block just large enough to make the unit/stem/WPA from, a complete set for sure

gydAmoK.jpg

Have been really enjoying my time in the shop.

@Drexciya My an, glad you have caught what I got going on over at IG, the Cypress is a fun species to work as well. Thanks so much for the kind words, I know you are a lucky guy also, how thankful you must be, I am not sure what I did to catch her or know how should could love me as much as she does, I so dont get it but am so thankful and do know how blessed I am to have her. She is amazing, if you all only knew her as I, you would see that beautiful honest and true spirit from the moment you saw her smile. Thanks again!

@Dynalowrider I dont have one and am glad @mucsusn stepped up and got you that info, well done my man and I hope that its working well for you now Doc. I always appreciate others stepping up and helping out, thats what makes this a great community!

@thatoneguy445 Hey hey, its you! So glad you got the piece and have been enjoying it. Great shot btw and thanks for your thoughts and positive words. I appreciate your posts here and will lookout for others here and there. If there is anything I can do for you pls let me know!

@elykpeace Thanks much bro!

@Diggy Smalls Ahhh yes my man I have thought about that and have much more to do in that area as far as the LED's go, they are just more work and not sure itll all be worth it in the end. Does look cool, got more thinking to do!

@Summer Glad you like what you see as well, thanks for stopping by!

@ichibaneye Wow bro, you know we have gone back a ways here, is always good to see you post up and I thank you for the time you spent and the kind words you shared, thats why I do what I do and why I love what I do cause you and others love what I am able to do with my hands and enjoy what I share from my heart, gosh I am so inspired and humbled, thank you! I am anxious to hear what you think of your piece and will keep an eye out for your first post with it. Take care my man! Btw, I sent your post as a link to my girl, I had to share with her.

@nicosuave Holy smokes bro, another glowing post, gosh I cant say enough about how you and so many here bring much joy to my heart! I appreciate the way you covered your experience with the WS, I am happy to see the pics also, Buckeye is a beautiful species. Its so unique and is full of character. Keep us updated as time goes, always good to hear from ya!

Gosh I gotta get moving, time is slipping away from me, got wood work to do, wedding stuff to do, uhhhh hmmm sure there is something else I am forgetting before today is over. My BF is coming by I havent been able to do any time with him in over a year, we spoke yesterday he is grabbing a couple steaks and coming by tonight, will be fun! Yall take care and will be in touch!

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
@Ed's TnT so true we've had a little history for awhile now. I feel a bit guilty for not being as active here and with you as I had wanted to be. However I've never forgot about the man, the legend, that is you! You're welcome my friend and congratulations!

The thing that I cherish most about you is that you're the real deal no bones about it and that's what honestly had drawn me towards you to begin with. Not once have you ever slacked off and your dedication alone here in the thread and to the members on FC itself speaks volumes about you sir. Your excellent craftsmanship is just icing on the the cake in all honesty.

Once I've got your creation in my hands you can surely count on my thoughts being shared here. Enjoy that steak and time with your best friend. Life is a beautiful thing and it's even sweeter when shared with loved ones. Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@ichibaneye, I would quadruple like your post if I could.
goldcup.gif
That was heartfelt & beautiful.

@Ed's TnT, I wish you all the happiness in the world. Seems like you're there already.
cloud9.gif

Have a glorious day on Sunday. L'Chiam!

This is the only gift I have to give you. From your postings, I know this is how you feel about your special lady. It's simple, but the words are beautiful.

Oh, Ed, I just had to come back to add this one!

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I love a log vape I can't say enough wonderful things about the Woodscents. Some of these wood species are the most beautiful pieces of wood I've ever seen. Sometime back I saw some with a pink hue to it, it almost looked like marble.

My unit gets used almost every day and I've never had a moment of problems with it. It worked well from day one. I've had mine since they first came out last February or March. If looking for a wonderful log vape check out the store online. @Ed's TnT. You will fall in love with the wood. The hardest part is choosing which one.

Your wedding date must be soon. Congratulations with your new bride to be and your new family. We will all be there at your wedding in thought. We will all be thinking of you and your bride on your special day.

Edit
Congratulations on being married yesterday. I hope you ate gone on a nice honeymoon getaway. We will all talk with you when you get back. You deserve the best. I'm glad you found it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom