Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

slozukimc

Okay if you mean- cut power without turning the dial down to zero?

Absolutely mate, zero contraindication to that. No need to zero it first basically.

However, by your reports of the thinner margin, just be mindful that the dial can move slightly by itself if knocked- it ain't set in stone lol ("The vaporizer in The Stone" haha.)

So it may even be worth using some kind of marker on the dial, visible line, piece of tack, tape etc.

Just in case the dial is accidentally tapped, back into combustion range.

Wasn't necessary ever for me, no one single combustion event on 10 even.

10 was not necessary either, it would turn my herb very dark brown as could be.

But never combust. Still not needing highest temp personally.

But I do expect, and maybe there has even been some talk of it here, there could be a slight difference in the exact heat level supplied by different units. In that, MY 8 is a slightly different temp to Fred Joe's lol. Possibly. I have certainly observed this characteristic in other top, high class Analoge desktop units.

I think in such a case, maybe a VVPN may equalise things. Not sure on that though.

Gosh...I don't know a lot today do I? Two points as guessy as can be! :)
I use a VVPS with the new heater and it doesn’t take much to change the color of the AVB. I run 10.0V and 10.1 is a bit too dark for me. I found it very frustrating to try to get exactly the same results every time without the digital display.

grogazola

I use a VVPS with the new heater and it doesn’t take much to change the color of the AVB. I run 10.0V and 10.1 is a bit too dark for me. I found it very frustrating to try to get exactly the same results every time without the digital display.
This is where I’m at. I find my Woodscents can be sorta inconsistent. Some of it is user error (draw speed, clean screen, clean stem, wrong desired temperature) but I think there are times where I don’t get the expected vapour or I get too harsh/hot of a draw. I think I’ll have to get a VVPS with my new heater.

I used a white paint pen to mark the dots and corresponding set marks before going VVPS.
However, by your reports of the thinner margin, just be mindful that the dial can move slightly by itself if knocked- it ain't set in stone lol ("The vaporizer in The Stone" haha.)

So it may even be worth using some kind of marker on the dial, visible line, piece of tack, tape etc.

Just in case the dial is accidentally tapped, back into combustion range.

True! Thank you! The new heater is pretty heavy.....

Alexis

This is where I’m at. I find my Woodscents can be sorta inconsistent. Some of it is user error (draw speed, clean screen, clean stem, wrong desired temperature) but I think there are times where I don’t get the expected vapour or I get too harsh/hot of a draw. I think I’ll have to get a VVPS with my new heater.

True! Thank you! The new heater is pretty heavy.....
It does sound like a VVPS is far more warranted and useful with the newer heater.

I mean, when I used the dimmer switch, I never sweated about a mm turn here or there. I was never quite as proactively smart as @LesPlenty to clearly mark all numbers on the dial.

But I keep a torch handy, so useflul, being a real night owl...picking a cd off the rack....choosing a jar of weed from the curing and storage cupboard....cutting up LSD and measuring the dose....I'll stop there lol.

But it sounds like you really need fuller, basically consistent, visible control over the precise heat level. A mm here/there for you, makes a bigger difference.

I say get one (VVPS.) @LesPlenty linked me to mine, was well cheap, like
$10 AUS. Does all the tricks I imagine any VVPS could do.

And thanks for that feedback too, @slozukimc it sounds like the same finer line with the newer, more powerful Ferraris...ahem, WS heaters...applies also when using a VVPS.

But @grogazola the crucial thing is, you will be able to reliably, consistently choose, know and replicate the exact level of heat supplied every time.

Last edited:

grogazola

Alright I’m really digging my new Woodscents! I‘ll post pics soon of the African Mahogany Woodscents (Lite Kit) when I get my extra Ti tips and glass stems in. I gotta say, I love my Woodscents with a glass stem! The flavour is lip smacking! :tup:

I have learned how to adjust my draw speed for proper results. I feel like a slightly gentle, smooth, steady draw, I get some great clouds.

I’m really curious though, what’s the recommended maximum temperature to leave my Woodscents on for the whole day? I have been experimenting with dial 8 on the new heater (dial 10 on the old heater) and I get some massive massive clouds. Is it safe to keep my Woodscents on that high of a temperature from morning to night? Can the new heater safely be kept on a higher temperature than that?

slozukimc

Alright I’m really digging my new Woodscents! I‘ll post pics soon of the African Mahogany Woodscents (Lite Kit) when I get my extra Ti tips and glass stems in. I gotta say, I love my Woodscents with a glass stem! The flavour is lip smacking! :tup:

I have learned how to adjust my draw speed for proper results. I feel like a slightly gentle, smooth, steady draw, I get some great clouds.

I’m really curious though, what’s the recommended maximum temperature to leave my Woodscents on for the whole day? I have been experimenting with dial 8 on the new heater (dial 10 on the old heater) and I get some massive massive clouds. Is it safe to keep my Woodscents on that high of a temperature from morning to night? Can the new heater safely be kept on a higher temperature than that?
I leave mine on all day at 10.0v with the VVPS and new heater.

grogazola

@grogazola I would ask Ed or maybe he updated the instructions to address this? I never had any issues leaving it turned on at 10 on the dial with my old heater. I use a VVPS now and will run it as high as 12v for hours on end. Don’t want to push it any higher than that though.

True! Will do! Thank you!

I leave mine on all day at 10.0v with the VVPS and new heater.

Forgive my ignorance @slozukimc, how hot is 10V on the new heater with the VVPS?

Thank you everyone for your quick replies! :tup:

DarkRoast

Couldn't wait any longer for the lite kits to come back in stock... scooped a walnut kit off puffitup. Just gotta say that the full complete extraction plus the extra conduction you get with the TI tip is absolutely golden! Defeats the nano even though you can pack more into the e-nano... this one seems to extract more completely and doesn't leave the sides of the chamber with bright green herb (as the nano doesn't seem to cook the outsides very well. This leads to stirring in the nano and a more laborious process.

REALLY digging this fine piece of workmanship... great HARD full hits that I can extract and be done with in one ripper. Pretty sure I have the new strong heater - using at 8.5 ish and getting incredible results!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Maybe a silly question to some of you, but after an Ask FC thread I thought the WS would be the best option for me. Just arrived today--unfortunately I don't have any herb until tomorrow, which is a huuuuge drag.

I'm looking at all the components and had a question, though--I guess I thought that the DV tip would be large enough to remove the need for a condenser in the wood WPA, but that isn't the case. How do you use the wooden WPA without residue/taste building up in the wood? Do you just not worry about it or is there something I'm not understanding about how to prevent that.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I used the condenser out of a Dynavap M in my wooden WS WPA (it sticks out the bottom a bit) until my glass GonG tip holder arrived. I now have a cork in my WS WPA and use it as a carb plug.

JEMSKU

Oops. I accidentally pushed in the woodscents heater.

I had the screen pushed flat against the heater like many other users. The screen was a little loose and spinning around above the heater, so I pushed it down and attempted to flatten it against the heating element. Unfortunately it's not as secure as I thought.

I reached out to Ed for advice and being the good guy he is, he immediately offered a warranty repair free of charge. However as the international shipping is not free for me, I would love a DIY fix for this. Has anyone dealt with similar damage? Is it possible to adjust this heater back up without opening the woodscents?

O2aI7YN.jpg

ginJxkO.jpg

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
A tiny crochet hook (or straightened fish hook) might get that CCD out(another good reason to swap the CCD for mesh) and then a pair of tweezers might let you grip the top of the heater to gently raise back to the desired height.
If that fails the leather on the bottom will probably have to be removed then restuck when finished.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Oops. I accidentally pushed in the woodscents heater.

I had the screen pushed flat against the heater like many other users. The screen was a little loose and spinning around above the heater, so I pushed it down and attempted to flatten it against the heating element. Unfortunately it's not as secure as I thought.

I reached out to Ed for advice and being the good guy he is, he immediately offered a warranty repair free of charge. However as the international shipping is not free for me, I would love a DIY fix for this. Has anyone dealt with similar damage? Is it possible to adjust this heater back up without opening the woodscents?

View attachment 5594

View attachment 5595

Honestly, I have two Woodscents, and I use one of them with the screen down lower. It allows me to have larger bowls.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
If you look closely at @JEMSKU pics, it seems the heater along with the screen have been pushed lower, this will change how the vape performs, it will need more power to vape the same as the heater is further from the bowl than originally designed.

Yeah. You are probably right. If it's pushing the heater down, then that's not good. Mine doesn't do that. It sits on a ring in the tube that doesn't allow it to go down deep enough to touch the heater.

IMG-0311.jpg

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Hello dear WS folks! I ordered one (lite kit) and very excited for it. I have a quick question RE setting it up. I was planning on hooking it up to my Underdog's VVPS, and then use a Y splitter to put them both on the same VVPS and then use inline switches to turn them on and off individually (or both at the same time hrhr). Does that work in principle, would that mess with the voltages? Many thanks

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Will work fine set up like that @sunyata. :tup:

Welcome to the Woodscents family, @sunyata !

Fantastic, many thanks guys! So excited for this.

By the way, on the vapenorth store the shape of the WS looks different from the one sneaky pete shows in his review video, does anyone on here have a clue which of the two shapes it is? The one on the store page shows ring-type patterns at the top and bottom of the log, in the video it's one in the middle of the log. Just intrigued (and too impatient to wait it to arrive to find out ha).

grogazola

Fantastic, many thanks guys! So excited for this.

By the way, on the vapenorth store the shape of the WS looks different from the one sneaky pete shows in his review video, does anyone on here have a clue which of the two shapes it is? The one on the store page shows ring-type patterns at the top and bottom of the log, in the video it's one in the middle of the log. Just intrigued (and too impatient to wait it to arrive to find out ha).

I picked up a Woodscents Lite from vapenorth recently and the shape, rings, and wood grain look exactly like this - https://vapenorth.ca/products/woodscents-lite-kit-aromalog-desktop-vaporizer

Hope this helps!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The one on the store page shows ring-type patterns at the top and bottom of the log, in the video it's one in the middle of the log.
No middle ring=older model (only available 2nd hand now or special order from ED?)
shape, rings, and wood grain look exactly like this
This is the shape of the newer model

Top Bottom