Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Mako Kupo

question guys, when you walk away for awhile, where do you leave the dials on the stock adapter and vvps? I usually walk away for an hour, but I'm not sure if I should turn down the dials until I come back.

As with the other logs I've owned, I leave it set where it was. A lot of people leave them on 24/7, but I turn mine on around noon and turn it off around 10PM without ever changing the dial. It should be safe but let's hear what others have to say as well since I've only had my WS a couple months.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good afternoon everyone, seems I came home from Vegas with alot more than just a great time. Ughhh I started to notice a sore throat sunday that turned into a really sore throat and chills Monday, woke up feeling really crummy Tuesday and with all the work I have pressing I went to the Dr. seems I dont have Coronavirus thankfully but doc said I had the worst case of Strep he had seen this week. I have only had it once before a few years back and then didnt get right on it wound up feel horrible then worse than any flu I had ever had. Thankfully I got this case early, am on meds and feel a lot better than I did the last couple but still not quite there yet. Tried to get out in the shop earlier but quickly realized I need another day inside before in the shop. Ughhh being sick sucks but at least its crummy outside here too so its not like I am looking at the warm sunshine and bright blue skies.

@alleyhoops Maybe I am still a bit confused on these mango. I am wanting to say that maybe I did 1 batch of them for VG with the old heater before all that have followed since. I could be wrong which I usually am most times but wanna say I am thinking this is so. I recommend rolling it back slightly when left alone for a bit. I know some dont and that is fine too but for me I like to dial it back a bit and come back to it rolling it back up. The core reacts so quickly that within a couple minutes it right back at its desired temp setting.

@Ramahs Really hate you didnt make it in on the raffle bro, happy to hear you liked it though.

@Engleja Am happy to help always anytime. Yeah I do so many pieces that are absolute stunners that I would love to just hang onto but in the end would rather have them in others hands for them to enjoy and treasure, thats worth more than anything to me. Saw you scored a walnut, right on. I will pick you a nice piece from the lot. As for the VVPS I am working on I wouldnt wait that long I have been wanting to do this for years but have hit one stumbling block after another. Its has always been something getting in the way but feel I am closer now than I have been in the past but that doesnt say a whole lot. I have a guy working on setting up a board for me with a POT and doing the solder work which I am no good at on these tiny little boards. I also have another controller which I just got in hand that I am trying out as another option and have to figure out how to set it up and program it. Id say for the price of whats out there that arent much you should grab one rather than wait on me to release the new ones. Thanks bro, was a great time had at the show. One of the best I have had yet so far at least to a CHAMPS. If youve never been its probably worth going at least once but I am out there talking business and can be alot of work by the end of the day as you can imagine. Have noticed though that with all CHAMPS there is always more glass than anything else. This year was no different but seemed to be more cheap disposable crap than in past. There were a few vapes out there that you always see but none that blew wind up my skirt. TBH I didnt really see a whole lot of anything that I would write home about. Looks as the way society is going that everything is cheap and throw away mostly. Last time I did a CHAMPS it was in denver a few years back when dabs were the rage and everything was dab this dab that. Was a butt load of CBD booths there I mean everywhere. You couldnt turn a corner without someone asking you to try their CBD. Alot of cheap chinese glass also, alot. I only saw one thing that really got me going and they were the old school type solid brass bats I offered years ago a guy made for me with the wooden upper sleeve. There is another maker that is doing them now and thought it might be neat to grab some from them to add to my dugouts offerings. For whats its worth this is what I saw from my POV but at the end of the day who am I and what I see isnt what you may. Thanks again for the order, I will have that out to you first of the week.

@Alexis Amen my man amen, words well said and greatly appreciated. Ohh absolutely there is quite a difference in extraction and lower temps. There is such a wider temp range across the entire scale with the upgraded heater with an extra 100 degrees at the top end to give you alot more output. I am anxious to hear your results from bumping up your VVPS a tad, pls keep me posted.

@Xclerk Hmm pls keep us posted if you grab a VVPS and how it does for you then. Glad to hear you find it works well for aromatherapy.

@LesPlenty I am sure I overlooked it or either forgot when I placed that order for the ones I got. If and when I order more of those I will for sure get the 3v you recommended and this time wont forget. Apologize for doing so bro, was not my intention do do so.

@Mako Kupo Firstly congrats on that big win brother way cool. On that Tera Stem I want to hear how you get that tip into the draw hole. I dont believe that is going to work. Yes sir you can run it at max. I do a 24 hour bench test at max from PS to Unit alone before they ever go out. I know its early but hoping that package made it to you today maybe?? If not am sure it will tomorrow most likely. Anxious to hear what you think of it and most of all the total haul you have bro. Got a feeling you are going to have quite a bit of though into that post.

@Ratchett Bro it aint easy getting out when so much needs to be done and so many ideas are floating around in the head. Was definitely nice to have met you and one day am sure we will have a better opportunity to do so. Wish you and yours all the best brother, take care.

@macbill Right on bro.

Figured as long as I am inside and not feeling like shop work I should get some time done here. Hope all is well for everyone and if you havent scored a WS and are on the fence that you do so this sale. As said wont be a better deal the rest of this year.

@alleyhoops Maybe I am still a bit confused on these mango. I am wanting to say that maybe I did 1 batch of them for VG with the old heater before all that have followed since. I could be wrong which I usually am most times but wanna say I am thinking this is so. I recommend rolling it back slightly when left alone for a bit. I know some dont and that is fine too but for me I like to dial it back a bit and come back to it rolling it back up. The core reacts so quickly that within a couple minutes it right back at its desired temp setting.

on the bottom of the Mango, it says 650. Will that help?

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Whish you all the best! This little bastards can cause hell of a pain in your throat, make it really hard to vape :D

But luckily with some antibiotics they are gone quite fast.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Appreciate it @Alex3oe make it really hard to work to ughhh. 3rd day on antibiotics hoping I can get something done out there today.

@LesPlenty
That is why I suggested this VVPS to Ed at the start as it goes down to 3 volts (and up to 24),
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Adjusta...var=584408659799&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Stone as Emma said:
13V is defo combustion or hyper scorched herb/shit taste (never tried though, it's scaring me in some way :uhoh:)
13v does not combust with the old heater,

ed-s-avb-jpg.4427

Ed's TnT said:
But as said I am hoping to have something that can handle lower voltages than what I have been offering
Like the original I suggested to you, (posted above...again) goes down to 3volts but you went with the 9v to 24v instead.

I am talking with my electronics peeps now trying to secure some of these as you suggested, thanks much bro.

Mako Kupo

Well the Holy Grail arrived! It's gorgeous and during the first session, became my favorite log vape! I own 3 WS now, and this one takes the cake! It is a bit larger than the other two, and has a unique shape like a cup (duh). The heater runs on the warm side, which is what I prefer as I'd rather have a bigger heat window. It's light, smooth, and feels good to hold.

The stand for stems is awesome, all of the pieces are smooth but this thing actually feels like marble. Why don't you offer this stand on your site @Ed's TnT ? I know I would have purchased one already!

We have rain the next couple of days but as soon as it's sunny, I'll be outside taking pictures of them in full glory. At this point there are quite a few pieces of wood in my collection :).

They really are amazing, thank you Ed!

Mako Kupo

@Mako Kupo Do keep sharing. I’m enjoying living vicariously. I’m still so jealous. I keep catching myself thinking about how awesome it would have been if I had won. Happy for you bro.

Thanks, still can't believe I won honestly!

@Mako Kupo can we get some photos? Also, have you used the bubbler yet? I’m curious to know how you like it.

The bubbler is awesome. I already owned one before this raffle, so I've used one for a bit already. I can see some people clearing an entire bowl in one hit, but I take my time and enjoy it with about 3-4 good size puffs. They're smooth, and effortless! The bubbler fills up immediately, and it's smooth enough that you have to be careful lol I coughed a LOT the first few times I used it. It's heavy and feels solid as heck, the included stand is nice too although I wish it were a bit wider. Pictures on the next sunny day!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Ed's TnT hope you’re feeling better. My Woodscents showed up yesterday and it’s beautiful. Thanks for picking me a good one Ed! I went with walnut to match my @StickyBricks collection. Mine has a very attractive blond vein running it’s length and really sets it apart from the look of the sticky bricks. I don’t own any other walnut that has this. Love it. I really love the leather on the bottom. I really wanted this color/pattern but neglected to ask Ed about it.... so it worked out anyway. It’s the leaf scroll with turquoise pictured a few pages back. To top it all off this thing has all the power I need and some. Form and function is outstanding.

Ed, I have a WiFi socket with a dimmer function built into it. Would it be safe to use this in place of the rotary dial? My thought was I could 1. Turn it on/off remotely and 2. The dimmer is set up to go from 0-100% so I could really dial it in.

I saw your news about @StickyBricks. I’m a Hugh fan too if you can’t tell.

Stone as Emma

IG : jean_roulin_420
I may repeat myself from a few posts back but dammmmnnn how much i love the glass aroma stem :luv: Also The visual vapor feedback is awesome for dialing your technique !

I feel like most Woodscents owners are sleeping on this feature like i did or maybe they have plain terpless midz & don’t care for weed taste :rofl:

I kinda start hating on the stock dynavap screens, i feel like they clogg too easily & need to be cleaned/torched everyday (depending on your use) to ensure best performance/more even extraction. They play a huge part in the extraction process far bigger than i thought initially.

All love WS fam :sherlock:

Last edited:

Mako Kupo

I may repeat myself from a few posts back but dammmmnnn how much i love the glass aroma stem :luv: Also The visual vapor feedback is awesome for dialing your technique !

I feel like most Woodscents owners are sleeping on this feature like i did or maybe they have plain terpless midz & don’t care for weed taste :rofl:

I kinda start hating on the stock dynavap screens, i feel like they clogg too easily & need to be cleaned/torched everyday (depending on your use) to ensure best performance/more even extraction. They play a huge part in the extraction process far bigger than i thought initially.

Would you mind uploading a picture showing your screen position and load size? I can't get good results from mine, so it would be very helpful. Please!

Also if you'rre cleaning your dynavap screen daily youre doing it wrong! I havent EVER had to clean mine in two months of heavy daily use its good as new. I vape it til it dead(about 6 puffs) annd it blows right out into my avb container, with nothing left inside.

Last edited:

i bought some screens off of DDave. They are a pain to get on and wasted a few, but work really well when they stay on. Have to be careful cleaning those screens. They come off easily. I'll probably pick up some more. They stay relatively clean though.

I might try the glass stem tonight on your recommendation and compare it to @mistvaporizer beaded stem. I switch back and forth with stems, but I found that the beaded stem is the best performer in taste so far using DDave's screens and the VVPS at 10.3.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I replaced my ddave screens, maybe I'm heavy-handed but, they would not stay put when cleaning a load out. User fault (?), but, for me a no-go.
It might not be you. I have a titanium tip that can’t hold onto a Dynavap screen or a DDave screen. I called Dynavap and they said it was out of spec and they sent me a new one. I use the out of spec tip for my dyna coil now.

Stone as Emma

IG : jean_roulin_420
Would you mind uploading a picture showing your screen position and load size? I can't get good results from mine, so it would be very helpful. Please!

Also if you'rre cleaning your dynavap screen daily youre doing it wrong! I havent EVER had to clean mine in two months of heavy daily use its good as new. I vape it til it dead(about 6 puffs) annd it blows right out into my avb container, with nothing left inside.

1 month of daily heavy use without cleaning ?! Damn we must live in different worlds you lucky :p ! I love the perfect airflow & the one hit even extraction that you can reach with a freshly washed dyna screen <3

For the aromastem, I advise to use the vapor feedback & playing with screen depths, load size/grind. Once you see the vapor flowing through the tube you’re good :D Oh & I also use the « spinning stem on the heater while drawing » technique ! Works really well :)

@alleyhoops i 'll keep my ears open for your opinion bro :p You defo got my interest with that mistvape beaded stem too & i wonder how will it compares to my aezhennwood/glass charle spiked tube ! One way to know : adding the mistvape to my lineup xD

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
It might not be you. I have a titanium tip that can’t hold onto a Dynavap screen or a DDave screen. I called Dynavap and they said it was out of spec and they sent me a new one. I use the out of spec tip for my dyna coil now.
Greetings Friend, thanks for the post about the DV Tip out of specs. As an aftermarket accessory provider, normally the finger is pointed at me by default. It is refreshing to hear otherwise.

Hit me up with a PM containing shipping address and I'll ensure you're set for screens for the foreseeable, and non-forseeable future as my thanks!

Dave

Top Bottom