• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

arb

Semi shaved ape
No luck with this either. Nobody picks up the phone. The phone line says to send an email for a faster response, but it's been a week since my first email and I still haven't heard anything back.
Text the number?

arb,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Finished up my first ever g of concentrate and learned in the process how perfect a vape the nano is for using them. After experimenting with a few methods I found the ss scrubbing pads in my kitchen drawer served perfectly. Nothing new here. If you google it lots of links are from FC over the years. I used an adjustable screen gong, with the basket in the cup position the way Epic has been doing them recently. I pushed that screen down some to make sure everything would clear the heater, plucked a curl or two off the ss scrubbing pad and pushed the curls down into the screen, making a bed of sorts for the conc. Open draw. Doesn't clog, doesn't drip down the gong stem. Tastes nice and clean. When it's time I'll pull out the old curls and lay in some new curls, nested right into the screen. The only downside I'm seeing in all of this is that the same $ I spend on flower lasts a long time and this stuff can go pretty quickly!
“Basket in cup” position meaning it’s oriented with the open end facing bottom of stem to receive the concentrate pad?

GetLeft

My earliest nano gongs (and stems) came with pre-inserted, 'cupped' screens with the flat surface of the screen closest to the heater. My most recently purchased gongs came with that flat surface furthest from the heater. Works perfectly fine, maybe even better who knows. When using the nano + ss bedding for concentrates, the more recent screen orientation is nice. You can make a nice little conc nest of sorts.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
My earliest nano gongs (and stems) came with pre-inserted, 'cupped' screens with the flat surface of the screen closest to the heater. My most recently purchased gongs came with that flat surface furthest from the heater. Works perfectly fine, maybe even better who knows. When using the nano + ss bedding for concentrates, the more recent screen orientation is nice. You can make a nice little conc nest of sorts.
I recently got a couple of adjustable screen stems after having all fixed screens with original e-nano purchase. The adjustable screens came with the new orientation you describe, with the flat surface furthest away from the heater. That seemed to make more sense to me but I kept seeing pics with the screen turned the other way. Thanks for the info.

ray_

I've only been an e-nano user for a few months and I've always used the basket screen with the flat side away from the heater. I occasionally see others who use it the other way around. I'd like to hear which way people think is better and why.

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
So I have both the fixed glass wpa and the adjustable screen. My wpa’s are from 6-7 years ago. I prefer the adjustable but when I stir, the screen moves up and down. Is that everyone’s experience?
I’m like @arb, as I like the flat side up because that’s what I’m used to and there’s no scraggly bits to interfere with the herb when loading and stirring.

I flare the screen so it fits snug enough to not move when I stir, but still easily adjustable. Then I push it into position from the bottom with a 5/16” wood dowel, slightly tapered at the tip for easy release. I’m using an 18mm WPA.

My screen is dark because I torch it clean when necessary. I’ve gotten so I can remove, clean and replace the screen in less than 30 sec. 🙂

CAF231F8-233A-47E3-A10C-7B3471F92CA6.jpeg

Last edited:

snackmaster

I also like flat side toward nano. Old screens are a bit scragglier so they work better that way and I got used to it I guess.

@mixchu69 I do some flaring as needed like @Exsmoker, but also find I only get movement right after cleaning them. Production on the WPAs has also changed since you got yours and tolerances have improved, so you might consider trying a new one.

edit: Another thing, I rarely stir nano loads anymore, which helps keep the screens cleaner and loads smaller. IMO performance drops when I drift toward larger loads.

Last edited:

ray_

It seems like one of the reasons people use the flat side towards the heater is to make it easier to stir. I don't stir at all. I use a tiny load that I can clear in one hit. That has become my main way to use the e-nano.

Mine arrived with the flat side away from the heater and I've left it that way.

howie105

Having the flat side of the screen closest to the heater end of the stem makes it easier to clean and reset. I use a chopstick to push the screen to the end of the oven, brush it off, and then reset the screen back into position with a tool. All that is quicker when working on the flat surface.

nadia_epic

EpicVape Team
Company Rep
Ah, I missed that on their site. I'll do that tomorrow, thanks.

That also wasn't a good first post, so I just want to say I've used my e-nano exclusively for almost 2 years now and love this thing. I've been using a 14mm glass filter adapter, but all my bongs are 18mm so I ordered a 18mm just to get rid of that extra piece of glass. I also requested a bigger bowl as that's really my only complaint. It'd be nice to get at least 2x the amount of hits from a pack, but I know that's possible with the e-nano. I guess I can always try one with a steel screen, but I really like the glass filters.

Did you get a hold of us?!? Feel free to DM here and I will find out what's going on with your order and missing email responses!

I must have some terrible luck...I'm having the same issue with the 2nd adapter they've sent out. Maybe USPS hasn't actually picked it up yet, but I'd assume USPS comes by every day to pick up packages. Guess I'll give it a few more days to see what happens first.

Top Bottom