• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
@kartingpilot

So I acquired an Oz of dried leaves and a gram of 40x extract via mail order. Hooray legalization! It's been over 10 years for me so I'll definitely be easing into it. Cant wait to try my first quid. Our Nanos seem to be dialed in similarly. What # do you run for SD vaporization?

howie105

as far as i can tell the probes in the body of the unit are straight, but it appears the brass shielding from inside one of the holes on the plug has stayed on the probe in the device when the plug is pulled out. when I shove the plug in at the right angle it will turn on. When i first got the device, it was somewhat difficult to get the correct position of the plug in the body, but it seems to be getting worse in terms of the specificity of position it needs.
Edit - now both bronze shielding pieces from the plug are stuck on each probe of the unit's power socket

Sounds like its time to repair or replace the cord. The repair is fairly easy, the plug is the same one that Canon uses on many of their home printers so a quick cut and splice will probably get you going quicker then a purchase and shipment from EpicVape. In your position I would just set the vape aside until you resolve the cord problem. Good Luck

g0atspank

Yea, i had the same thought. I ordered the nicer cord from Epic vape, but in the meantime I may try to bust out a soldering iron and cannibalize a cord from something laying around the house. I've already got the dimmer box open and it seems like a pretty easy job. The vape still works perfectly as I've plugged it in with an extra cord I have and the light works fine. Just gotta find a cord that has a split down the middle...

kartingpilot

@Philabrookla NIce! I've been setting my dial on 8 and that seems to get pretty much everything in one pull if **it's properly warmed up**. The other night I only gave it about 5 minutes before using, and when I did a second round later in the night just to see if any was left in that batch, I actually had a stronger trip. That's the only time it's worked that way for me. Usually, I have the log on for 15-30 minutes before I use it, and the second try is usually barely felt.

Good luck with quidding if you haven't done so before. They seem to be hit or miss for people - but if it works for you once it should work for you consistently. I think I left some suggestions on how to quid effectively in an early post but let me know if you need more details. Let us know how it goes!

EverythingsHazy

Is there any way to open the E-Nano to clean the inside of the heater area, without damaging it or voiding any warranties?

Has anyone does that? How does the inside look? Does it get very dirty? I would hate to have particles in there which may or may not ignite at some point.

EverythingsHazy,

MattyStee

Hey all!

Really enjoying my new e-nano... in fact, since I rarely leave the house right now, I haven't really reached for another vape since I got it.

I know that the analog dial system differs from unit-to-unit and outlet-to-outlet, but my window for use seems so small that I want to make sure I'm doing things right. I'm using the ice stem with basket screen, and I'm setting the basket so that the long end of the e-pick touches the bottom of the screen while the notch sits on the lip of the stem. I use a very light tamp and load enough so that, once tamped, the material sits anywhere from 3/4 of the way to almost filling the basket. I use a medium draw speed and my hits are usually between 7 and 15 seconds.

I tested a bunch of settings today and here's what they look like:

5.5 - nothing
5.8 - whisps on hit 1
6.0 - light vapor
6.2 - nice hits... probably around 360F?
6.5 - more heavy. If i had to guess, somewhere from 380F-400F
7.0 - combust

Does this all seem about right or am I doing something wrong?

MattyStee,
Reactions: Driver 8

howie105

Hey all!

Really enjoying my new e-nano... in fact, since I rarely leave the house right now, I haven't really reached for another vape since I got it.

I know that the analog dial system differs from unit-to-unit and outlet-to-outlet, but my window for use seems so small that I want to make sure I'm doing things right. I'm using the ice stem with basket screen, and I'm setting the basket so that the long end of the e-pick touches the bottom of the screen while the notch sits on the lip of the stem. I use a very light tamp and load enough so that, once tamped, the material sits anywhere from 3/4 of the way to almost filling the basket. I use a medium draw speed and my hits are usually between 7 and 15 seconds.

I tested a bunch of settings today and here's what they look like:

5.5 - nothing
5.8 - whisps on hit 1
6.0 - light vapor
6.2 - nice hits... probably around 360F?
6.5 - more heavy. If i had to guess, somewhere from 380F-400F
7.0 - combust

Does this all seem about right or am I doing something wrong?
Glad to hear you are enjoying your Nano and your listed temps look good. In comparison, I seldom go below 6 or above 6.75 because I start getting hot spots using my current 7.5" stem with a basket screen. On load sizes I usually load between .05g and .08g with .065 being the factory pick setting, at least with it is with my grind and packing. Have you thought about a glass piece yet?

howie105,

MattyStee

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Nano and your listed temps look good. In comparison, I seldom go below 6 or above 6.75 because I start getting hot spots using my current 7.5" stem with a basket screen. On load sizes I usually load between .05g and .08g with .065 being the factory pick setting, at least with it is with my grind and packing. Have you thought about a glass piece yet?
Okay good, glad to know I'm doing it right... thanks!

I've actually been waiting on the 19mm GonG adapters with basket to go back up on the site. I suppose I could just pick up the all-glass version but I'd prefer not to have to clean my bubbler that often. Also, I'm having no trouble with harshness through the ice stem and really enjoying the flavor, which I know can be affected by pulling through water. You think it's definitely worthwhile?

MattyStee,
Reactions: cannasoor

howie105

Okay good, glad to know I'm doing it right... thanks!

I've actually been waiting on the 19mm GonG adapters with basket to go back up on the site. I suppose I could just pick up the all-glass version but I'd prefer not to have to clean my bubbler that often. Also, I'm having no trouble with harshness through the ice stem and really enjoying the flavor, which I know can be affected by pulling through water. You think it's definitely worthwhile?
If it weren't for the virus thing I would be using a stem 95% of the time, with the virus thing going on everybody gets their own glass piece, it seems to make them happy. Water cuts down on taste along with most everything that stretches the air path or cools the vapor to any significant degree. Happily I am an insensitive kind of guy, so I need to really study the hit to notice the losses.

Okla68

Didnt know they made an "Ice Stem" with a Basket screen. Sounds like a PIA to me. Mine is a Fixed Glass screen, Always Consistant !!! Load size is the Only Variable I have to contend with. Leave set at 6.5 on my 2 year old unit. Getting Smooth, Cool, Consistant hits is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. Measuring screen depth is a Non-player. Always the same....Once I found the Fixed Glass screens, I pitched all of the POS wire baskets. Oh well, To Each Their Own !
20201229_162738.jpg

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Just got my Ed's TnT wooden and stainless E-Nano stem. Holy canoli I never thought I'd enjoy the Nano dry, but hitting this wooden stem native gives super thick vapor that I can slowly draw into my mouth (increased draw resistance and conduction heating ftw), hold in my mouth to cool, then inhale like a blunt. Amazing, really nice to not need to hear/use a bubbler every sesh.

Actually the stem arrived at the same time as my crafty+ so now I have a few vapes I don't mind hitting dry! Who knew we had the technology all along.

MattyStee

Didnt know they made an "Ice Stem" with a Basket screen. Sounds like a PIA to me. Mine is a Fixed Glass screen, Always Consistant !!! Load size is the Only Variable I have to contend with. Leave set at 6.5 on my 2 year old unit. Getting Smooth, Cool, Consistant hits is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. Measuring screen depth is a Non-player. Always the same....Once I found the Fixed Glass screens, I pitched all of the POS wire baskets. Oh well, To Each Their Own !

I mean, nowhere in my post did I say I wasn't getting consistent results, I was merely commenting on the small window of usability on the dial. I also have an ice stem with fixed glass screen; I prefer the baskets because it doesn't let any plant matter pass through. You either don't read or don't comprehend, neither is rocket science either.

Last edited:

Okla68

It's OK as long as you don't try to shake the water out of the stem after a cleaning. Thank gosh I not that stupid,,,No, really.
I clean mine with Everclear, then dish detergent, rinse with water, then shake out water remnants then dry in microwave. Comes out sparkling clean.
Talking about fixed glass screen Ice Stem. Havent used a metal basket screen since getting the glass screen stem over a year ago.

howie105

I clean mine with Everclear, then dish detergent, rinse with water, then shake out water remnants then dry in microwave. Comes out sparkling clean.
Talking about fixed glass screen Ice Stem. Havent used a metal basket screen since getting the glass screen stem over a year ago.
I have one of the fixed screen prerelease versions of the stem from the manufacture, and it's OK, but I decided that I prefer the advantages of a moveable screen models over the advantages of the fix screen ones. When the stems actually hit the market I gave it another try only this time with the moveable screen. After an evening of intense testing someone (not me, I swear, really) shot the balls across the kitchen. After refilling the stem using various numbers of 3 mm balls and the remaining recovered originals I found the resistance I liked best. The cleaning routine is now an ISO and tap water rinse after every use. I save the additional detergent cleaning and distilled water rinse for the big pieces before they go back onto the shelf.

grogazola

Recently grabbed a Woodscents, and I really dig it. Obviously, after getting one log vape, Ie developed VAS for logs......Thinking of grabbing an E-Nano......

I’m intrigued by the E-Nano for it’s fixed glass screen stems and low price. How much can I vape through the fixed glass stems/GonGs?

Looking mainly to puff my E-Nano through water. Can anyone weigh in with any comparisons between the E-Nano and Woodscents? Thank you!

Okla68

"How much can I vape thru the ENano".....
AS MUCH AS YOU WANT !!!
Had a Nano for a couple of years, a fixed glass screen stem(Ice Stem) for the last year or so. My Typical load is about 1/8 inch(never weighed it, probably 0.1 gram), slightly tamped, dial set at 6.5. That gives me 2+ Tasty hits, then, blow that out and reload. That way it's Always Tasty, Terpene rich flavor draws. Reloading is Simple(Straw Method, with a soft Tamp).
Dont understand why folk make using the Nano such a complicated chore. Of All the vapes Ive tried, the Nano is the Simplest, Most Efficient device out there. If you wanna use it thru water, its a versatile as it gets. Personally, I see no need. To each there own.

Eespiajer

I love the enano best desktop vape. been using it since 2013 . I have found that my enano temp on 8 or 9 is what I use for this new piece. It doesnt even combust, must be the heating element on its last leg. If there is another reason for this let me know, could it be that different water pieces need different temps?

grogazola

II have found that my enano temp on 8 or 9 is what I use for this new piece. It doesnt even combust, must be the heating element on its last leg. If there is another reason for this let me know, could it be that different water pieces need different temps?

Water pieces typically need a bigger draw which require more heat from the heater to keep up. Typically, a higher heat setting is needed for a bigger water piece and a faster/harder draw.

howie105

I love the enano best desktop vape. been using it since 2013 . I have found that my enano temp on 8 or 9 is what I use for this new piece. It doesnt even combust, must be the heating element on its last leg. If there is another reason for this let me know, could it be that different water pieces need different temps?
In my case it really comes down to the draw. I pretty much duct taped the dial down (it cracked) so I watch the length and speed of the draw.

Eespiajer

Water pieces typically need a bigger draw which require more heat from the heater to keep up. Typically, a higher heat setting is needed for a bigger water piece and a faster/harder draw.
It was opposite on this piece. I had a 2 foot bong and it filled with vape really fast and combustible at 6-7. I got this new pipe from hemper but I need 8-9 to get a draw. The enano cracked from a large fall but that's my fault. Could it be the amount of percs?

arb

Semi shaved ape
I had 5 cracked bodies 3 on a maple and 2 on a cherry.
Sent them in each time and my understanding is they changed the metal sleeve to help alleviate this a couple years ago.
The last replacement bodies are still intact so the fix must be a good one?

Top Bottom