Tombudster

Mine is a brand new unit purchased less than a month ago from PIU. Has the same weird smell when turned on and heating. It does smell like a warm hairdryer, but it doesn't seem bad. I can't taste it when using the E-Nano either.

howie105

Hey Inquiry aside from disassembly its hard to get to the internals for deep cleaning but its table lamp complexity so its doable and that may be the only way to find out what is going on. Another approach might be cranking the heater control all the way up and run it hot for awhile to see if the smell gets burned out. Would it be safe maybe, I once inadvertently plugged a printer power cord into mine and it got way hotter then it dose behind the rotary switch and it still works but I would not suggest it.

howie105,
Reactions: BigJr48

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Mine is a brand new unit purchased less than a month ago from PIU. Has the same weird smell when turned on and heating. It does smell like a warm hairdryer, but it doesn't seem bad. I can't taste it when using the E-Nano either.

My nano has never had a smell. Like with the other concerned poster, it is probably a little dust or residue. If it were me, and it's not, I would crank her up to 10 while you're around for a few hours, then see if the smell burned off.

If that didn't work, I'd contact epicvape and see if they would check it out for you.

BabyFacedFinster,

Tombudster

My nano has never had a smell. Like with the other concerned poster, it is probably a little dust or residue. If it were me, and it's not, I would crank her up to 10 while you're around for a few hours, then see if the smell burned off.

If that didn't work, I'd contact epicvape and see if they would check it out for you.

I did it for a little bit when I first got it, but not that long. Unlike my SSV where I let it sit like that for hours. Gonna do that now and report back. The weird thing is that the taste isn't noticeable, it just smells like hot... something. Doesn't smell like plastic, doesn't smell like anything dangerous. The vapor isn't harsh at all, and I am coughing way less than with the SSV, but I am noticing that I am combusting at 6 if I leave it sitting for a while.

I'd really rather not ship it back or deal with anything right now. Especially go to the post office. I got the E-Nano to spread my stash out longer, especially with dispensaries around here being closed.

While I'm at it I do have a small question. I can't understand the verbiage when looking at the tips and tricks. Do I want the bucket screen to be facing the heater like a little basket? Or am I using the smaller, more round part of the screen as a sort of platform to hold the herb in the chamber.

Tombudster,

Tombudster

Weird. Mine from PIU came backwards from that then. If you were to even put it against the heater the fringes of the basket screen would hit the heater. It was weird.

Anyone ever get a pinging noise coming from their E-nano after turning it off as well? Only happens sometimes.

tokenknifeguy

Don't know if it has been mentioned but have you tried doing a deep burn off? Turn the unit on the highest setting and leave it on there for 10-30 mins.

GetLeft

I get odors from my nano when herb touches the heater. Smells like herb though, not a hairdryer. I wipe the heater off most times with a cloth handkerchief to make sure I'm not giving myself away. If it's been dropped on the carpet I could see a hair or so (dog or other wise) getting lodged somewhere it shouldn't. But a good burn off should handle that unless it's a really long hair. Only other thing I can think of is the cord has been handled and twisted enough to get something wrong where the connection is being made. Finally, if your basket is bottom away from the heater rather than bottom toward the heater, the screen threads might come into contact with heater and that would make odors for sure.

vinnyzan

I did it for a little bit when I first got it, but not that long. Unlike my SSV where I let it sit like that for hours. Gonna do that now and report back. The weird thing is that the taste isn't noticeable, it just smells like hot... something. Doesn't smell like plastic, doesn't smell like anything dangerous. The vapor isn't harsh at all, and I am coughing way less than with the SSV, but I am noticing that I am combusting at 6 if I leave it sitting for a while.

I'd really rather not ship it back or deal with anything right now. Especially go to the post office. I got the E-Nano to spread my stash out longer, especially with dispensaries around here being closed.

While I'm at it I do have a small question. I can't understand the verbiage when looking at the tips and tricks. Do I want the bucket screen to be facing the heater like a little basket? Or am I using the smaller, more round part of the screen as a sort of platform to hold the herb in the chamber.
Combustion at 6 sounds strange to me, can you notice a difference in temp if you go lower or higher ?

Tombudster

Combustion at 6 sounds strange to me, can you notice a difference in temp if you go lower or higher ?

Yes. Again, this is after sitting for a while. Now I feather the stem a bit after a while of sitting there and it hasn't happened again. If I go lower than 6 I don't get much vaporization, and if I go over 6.5 dry, or 7 wet I get combustion.

It's happened on multiple outlets in my apartment, from a "pure sine wave" battery backup, to regular outlets, to splitters, etc.

Tombudster,

vinnyzan

Yes. Again, this is after sitting for a while. Now I feather the stem a bit after a while of sitting there and it hasn't happened again. If I go lower than 6 I don't get much vaporization, and if I go over 6.5 dry, or 7 wet I get combustion.

It's happened on multiple outlets in my apartment, from a "pure sine wave" battery backup, to regular outlets, to splitters, etc.
Clarify something do you mean to say your leaving the stem/gong on the heater while your not drawing ? Or are you saying the vape was sitting ? Im wondering how your combusting at those settings.

Tombudster

Clarify something do you mean to say your leaving the stem/gong on the heater while your not drawing ? Or are you saying the vape was sitting ?

The vape is just sitting alone. I would never leave the stem on top. Too OCD and paranoid about particles falling into the heater. I'm literally hitting this thing at a 120 degree angle to hit it to make sure nothing falls in lmao

vinnyzan

The vape is just sitting alone. I would never leave the stem on top. Too OCD and paranoid about particles falling into the heater. I'm literally hitting this thing at a 120 degree angle to hit it to make sure nothing falls in lmao
I'm thinking maybe your screen isn't at the right depth (assuming your using adjustable) or your over packing ? Maybe some one else can chime in but the sweet spot for the nano is the 6-7 range so it's definitely strange to be combusting.

hafalump

How dry is the material? I have combusted at 7 with a very fine grind of super dry powder.

hafalump,

johnnyCanuck

The adjustable 1?
Correct. Helps to cool the vapour a bit more. The adjustability is nice as it opens up a bit more options than just playing with heat settings. ie. pack larger amount while keeping the distance between your herb a good distance away if you have the heat from 8.5-10 as an example. Lessens the odds of combusting.

johnnyCanuck,

Inquiry

To many people, hot metal...any metal....has an odor.

Now, my sinuses and sense of smell did not survive the 80's so its all good to me! haha

That’s what I’ve been wondering. Is it just the metal heated? I can’t taste anything when I’ve tested it by taking draws without herb.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Tombudster Are you talking about actual combustion? In other words, was there a red “cherry” in the bowl and ash? That would be very unusual for that temperature.

On the other hand, it is normal for the E-Nano to build up a little extra heat if it sits for a while. This can cause the top of the load to get a little toasty and dark but it is not combustion at all. A simple fix is to not insert your stem fully for the first draw if the nano has been sitting. I also increase my draw speed in those situations. Sometimes I will just take a quick hit with an empty stem to clear out the excess heat.

Top Bottom