Cervical CBD

What are you looking for out of a vape and what are your top three or four picks? Maybe we can help sort it out with you. Welcome to the list by the way.

Thank you for the welcome. I’m looking for something easy to use at home that will last a long time. I’ve tried a Volcano and box style several years ago but don’t want to spend that kind of money. I’ve done a lot of research and know I want a plug in desktop or a butane vape. Log vapes are on my list of a handful of different styles...

Lotus, Sticky Brick, O’Connell Woodworks, E-Nano, Ed’s TNT?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thank you for the welcome. I’m looking for something easy to use at home that will last a long time.
Welcome, @Cervical CBD! The E-Nano is a quality vape and you would probably be happy with one as are most members here that have one, myself included.

If you want comparisons, however, it's best to do so in the Ask FC section as we try to avoid those types of discussion if vape-specific threads.

Thanks.

:peace:

howie105

Thank you for the welcome. I’m looking for something easy to use at home that will last a long time. I’ve tried a Volcano and box style several years ago but don’t want to spend that kind of money. I’ve done a lot of research and know I want a plug in desktop or a butane vape. Log vapes are on my list of a handful of different styles...

Lotus, Sticky Brick, O’Connell Woodworks, E-Nano, Ed’s TNT?

Can't comment on the other logs but the Nano is easy to use and fairly reliable. However in all fairness there are a few not so good things to know about. First, there are cases of the wood cracking (mine did) but its a glue and clamp fix or a return to Epicvape for a repair. Second thing, some folks have a problem with the cord being too stiff and the inline heat controller getting knocked off the selected setting because of cord movement. Not a problem for me but every one is different. Lastly, the glass is made in house and at times a piece is out of spec (got one) then its return time. All that said if I had to dump all but one of my vapes I would Keep the Nano
I also have a Flip Brick too and I really enjoy it. Its one of the few vapes that I have that can keep up with my bigger glass pieces. It does have a bit of a learning curve but well worth the effort. Good Luck

dr demise

you can get a knockoff Pinacle Water Tube on DHgate. I've had pretty good luck with it. it's 14mm female, though
https://www.dhgate.com/product/pinn...-water-pipe-vaporblunt/184494946.html#seo=WAP

I've actually got one of those, but only really use it as a backup as it's pretty wobbly when sitting on the E-Nano.

So in the end I ordered this one - https://m.dhgate.com/product/26cm-t..._2017|browse1|20200331#redirect_detail=PC2WAP

No idea what it's like as I haven't seen it mentioned here, but it looks like it has little resistance so hopefully it's a good one!

tokenknifeguy

Does anyone know of any cool mods that can be done to the enano for even better results? I've heard of one guy saying to leave the glass stem on the heater and let it preheat for 5 or so mins before packing to get even better hits.

howie105

Does anyone know of any cool mods that can be done to the enano for even better results? I've heard of one guy saying to leave the glass stem on the heater and let it preheat for 5 or so mins before packing to get even better hits.

Define better results? Are you looking for improvement in taste, extraction efficiency or hit size some solutions are detrimental to other improvements.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I don't think you'd would ever need to heat up a glass attachment for that long just to have it heat soaked. Heat soaking your herb pack before drawing is a technique that can improve your first hit in terms of extraction. If you put the heater on a fresh pack of herb and let it sit for 30 sec to maybe a minute or so before hitting it, I would think that would be plenty. The nano doesn't fuck around with heating capability. This is one big benefit of any plug in vs a portable unit.

tokenknifeguy

I forgot to add that the reason why the guy did that was so that he wouldn't have to stir. I tried that method and it worked but I still ended up having to stir it some.

I'm just looking for a way to pack bigger bowls without having to stir all the time. I got other vapes I can do that, but with the enano I find I just about have to stir no matter what. That isn't a big deal, but the extra stirring really clogs up these screens real quick.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I forgot to add that the reason why the guy did that was so that he wouldn't have to stir. I tried that method and it worked but I still ended up having to stir it some.

I'm just looking for a way to pack bigger bowls without having to stir all the time. I got other vapes I can do that, but with the enano I find I just about have to stir no matter what. That isn't a big deal, but the extra stirring really clogs up these screens real quick.

Well, a large load might prompt at least one good stir. I would always give my bowls one stir after the second or third hit. But then I started vaping smaller amounts at a time and with a good grind I found stirring unnecessary.

The big reason I went to smaller hits is, no matter what flower vape you use, after the first 2 hits the flavor falls off and is replaced with a roasted taste which is fine but not my fav. If you pack a small amount, a bit more than will cover the screen, you can cash the bowl in two hits and always have a tasty hit. You end up having to repack a bit more often, but the taste is worth it for me. Plus, you'd be surprised how high you can get from a small pack. Try it. You'll need to adjust your screen distance.

Inquiry

I have a question and I hope a couple people can chime in.

IS IT NORMAL FOR THERE TO BE AN ODOR FROM THE E-NANO WHEN IT’s HEATED UP?

It’s not a burning smell, but more like a heated curling iron or something. I can’t taste anything funny or strange when I hook the vape to my bong and inhale without any buds, still, I’m kinda worried.

The smell isn’t noticeable unless I put my nose near the heating element. It might have always been there and I just never noticed.

It’s made me so paranoid about something from the device off-gassing into my herb smoke that I’ve been combusting again, and my lungs are paying the price.

Thanks for the input

howie105

So its not something that went south during manufacturing or assembly. Has it fallen or been banged around recently? Is it used only for flowers or do concentrates get used? Do you leave it plugged in and turned on when not in use? If not how is it stored when not in use? Sorry about all the questions but my Nano smell is not like a hot appliance more like warm wood with a hint of the oil I use on the shell so I am casting about in the dark too about the smell.

howie105,
Reactions: BigJr48

Inquiry

Maybe fallen onto carpet a few times. Only used for flower. Stored in my closet in a box. I usually turn it off when not in use, and most of the times I’ve left it running all night I’ve turned it way down. I know smell is very subjective, but the curling iron analogy is as close as I can come to describing it. Mild smell, like I said. Not apparent unless I’m sticking my nose right there near the stem.

Inquiry,

howie105

Maybe fallen onto carpet a few times. Only used for flower. Stored in my closet in a box. I usually turn it off when not in use, and most of the times I’ve left it running all night I’ve turned it way down. I know smell is very subjective, but the curling iron analogy is as close as I can come to describing it. Mild smell, like I said. Not apparent unless I’m sticking my nose right there near the stem.

Well I am stumped but there are many more knowledgeable people here who may be able to help, failing that there is always EpicVape itself. Good Luck

howie105,

joner

The odd time it may smell a bit like a hairdryer but I just chalked that up to a little dust that settled on it (I leave mine on all the time and in my basement - some shit goes on down there).

Is there any coloration on the heater?

Mako Kupo

Never happened with my E nanos and i have four, although once I stupudly stirred my load when it was hot, with a platic toothpick. I Cn't remmeber why I took a toothpick to it, it was years ago and I was probably high lmao. A tiny bit of platic melted and it smelled a bit for about a half a day, then went away. @Inquiry

Last edited:
Mako Kupo,

Inquiry

The odd time it may smell a bit like a hairdryer but I just chalked that up to a little dust that settled on it (I leave mine on all the time and in my basement - some shit goes on down there).

Is there any coloration on the heater?
No coloration, but hair dryer is a better description of the smell. Ugh. I’m getting too old for bong rips and straight tokes from the pipe.

What’s your cleaning procedure? I’ll try that again

Inquiry,

joner

i usually just blow on it once in a while. It hardly ever smells like that, but if it does i'll just blow a spec of dust off it and it's fine.

I hardly even clean my stems. Once in a while I'll stir it in my coffee, but for the most part very little maintenance with this vape.

joner,
Top Bottom