Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
What would the advantages be of using an enano for concentrates?
My favorite way to use concentrates is in the E-Nano. The biggest advantage to me is flavor. I'm probably vaping my concentrates around 400°-430°F (7-7.5 on the temp dial) far below even low temp dabbing. The flavor down here is extraordinary. Efficiency is also an advantage. Even a tiny dab can give 2 or 3 huge tasty clouds, with two or three more big clouds after the flavor fades.

Speed is another advantage, no time spent heating a nail. Consistency is also a big advantage, as the nano's temps are very stable. You never have to worry about wasting concentrates if your nail isn't the right temp, or ruining the flavor with a too hot nail. It takes all of the guesswork out of it.

The only disadvantage to me is that you can't take a big dab all at once like you can on a traditional rig. I rarely want or need to do that, and it can be wasteful. But a traditional dab does hit me harder than convection dabbing.

I usually don't need that much medication and prefer to microdose anyway so the nano fits my needs better. A small dab can keep me medicated for hours and hours. I usually take two super potent hits to start and then take one more for maintenance as needed.

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
But yeah i haven't stopped smoklng yet.

some people need to quit combusting a while to appreciate the clearer vape buzz

In my opinion part of what makes smoking feel stronger when first vaping is the carbon monoxide effect.

I don't think either has made the move away from combustion.

As I was researching vapes I noticed some people claiming they didn’t get high, or barely, and some people with high tolerance getting totally vaked after a few hits. So I thought, either people are faking it (vaking it?), or there’s a placebo effect. But how could people not know they’re high? So I thought, and I’ve always thought actually, if you burn anything, like even a pile of fall leaves from the yard, you’d get dizzy, lightheaded, etc. And that would be missing with a vape. An essay in the FC Knowledge Base by @pakalolo included this:

“One of the attractions of vaporization is avoiding toxic combustion byproducts, but the lack of these components sometimes leads to some confusion. That's because the missing compounds were having an effect on you, just not in a good way.

The asphyxiants in smoke—carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide—reduce oxygen in your system. This can lead to symptoms of mild hypoxia, such as dizziness, sluggishness, and even euphoria.”

I’ve smoked all day (when I can) every day for 45 years, and the day the Nano gets here no wake and bake, I’ll wait till it’s delivered and give it at least 2 weeks of no combusting to see if it will do it for me.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Vapor_Eyes Do use a micro dot on glass or mesh or cotton?
I used stretched Qtip with a chunk o shatter and got 20 plus visible pulls. However I think 14 or so was the cotton giving up vapor not chunk. Was @ 10 I never tried lower sounds like my kid of game.
I use organic cotton balls I got at the local natural foods store. I've found cotton starts to produce vapor around 8 on my nano's temp dial, some of your clouds were probably from the cotton. Be careful with q-tips, they contain adhesive which could be harmful or at least taste bad.

I recently acquired some degummed hemp fiber, I'm eager to see how that compares to cotton.

I've used stainless mesh at temp 10, but I found it messy to load, and sometimes my concentrates would leak through. The hits weren't that much bigger to be worth it in my opinion, and the flavor dropped off much faster.

I'm sure with refining technique I could probably get better results with mesh but cotton is more my style overall.

I’ve smoked all day (when I can) every day for 45 years, and the day the Nano gets here no wake and bake, I’ll wait till it’s delivered and give it at least 2 weeks of no combusting to see if it will do it for me.

That's a great idea, you've obviously put some thought into this.

My situation was kind of unusual. I actually fucked combustion before I started vaping. I decided to quit cannabis for various reasons. After a week I realized it wasn't the cannabis causing problems, it was the combustion. I switched to vaping with great results.

So I had a t-break and a combustion break before I started vaping, which made the transition much easier.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Yeah, I've never done very well wtih tolerance breaks...
As a medical user I don't really believe in tolerance breaks. In fact, I view my tolerance as a benefit because I can function at 100% while medicated. I can function better medicated than when I'm not medicated.

Part of the reason I quit smoking cannabis was because I couldn't function at 100% afterwards. The carbon monoxide and other toxins really affected me negatively.

My tolerance does limit me recreationally, but it's worth it for the medical aspect.

This morning I'm using my nano with some Northern Lights through water. This strain definitely needs more curing, the flavor is very grassy, but I don't know if it will last that long...

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I was reading how many hits you guys get off of a dab. How many hits do you normally get off of 0.050 of flowers?
Depending on the quality I get anywhere from 3-10 big hits at about 6.5 on my dial. You will get more hits at lower temps, and fewer but bigger hits at higher temps.

My usual load is about .03, that way I get fresher flavor more often. Others like a larger load and lower temp to session with. Generally my rule is the higher the temp the smaller your load should be, at least when using dry. When I really want to whitewall a water pipe I will pack about double my usual load, .06 grams, and set the temp to 7.1. This will give me two massive hits with a small third final hit. If it's a really good strain I might get three big hits, a weaker strain I'll only get one big hit.

TeeJay1952

@Vapor Trails
How good are the meds?
How dry?
Did I grind and how fine? or Whole bud piece, how easy did it breakdown?
Bong (I like dry) or stem. How clean stem?
Screen placement (Higher is quicker but cloudier)
Temp
Draw speed and how big of draw.
Do all above. take notes. Start again to verify.
Get another strain.

CalyxSmokr

I've seen many people do it but I don't even bother doing two hits back-to-back with the nano. @Vapor_Eyes is smart! And faster than me :tup:
Actually I never go beyond one stem. Maybe one hit off a second stem if I have been hitting it all day
I was reading how many hits you guys get off of a dab. How many hits do you normally get off of 0.050 of flowers?
I take small hits so maybe three to four. But that is great flower and I don't like lung busters. If you like huge hits you could probably take it in one. So many factors. I also haven't weighed since I did so at the beginning. I just go small or larger pinch by feel now and you will get the hang of it. Just fight the urge to go too heavy handed.
Dabs can get annoying because they last forever and it depends on what size you consider a dab. The best I have found is to use a crumble and mix very completely with flower to use as a carrier. I stop when I start getting a popcorn taste. Shatter is great but you have to be careful it doesn't melt down and block the screen. Less is more. You want to be done with your dab before your carrier starts scorching. Avb will be very strong to eat.

Clickz

@Clickz you can use concentrates with the nano. You can wrap your wax or shatter in bud or wrap your shatter in cotton (organic) you can find it online. Make a shatter bud type of sandwich or like a wrap style sandwich. Your bud will be spent before your concentrate so just add more bud if needed.

Increase your heat a tiny bit or you wouldn't have to. It's up to you. Clean your unit after while it's still warm. Folks have said that they have combusted st 7.5 temp so be careful. Combustion will taste like smoking or worse. You will know it if it happens.

Yeah I had read similarly about sandwiching wax between bud or using cotton (I use an e-cig so I have cotton wick spare). I was just wondering how you guys view nails vs. using a device to vaporize (in terms of health).

I've been finding the nano really great to use. First time in the morning it takes 3-4 bowls to feel nicely medicated. Just cutting back on the shatter/wax will help with the effect of flower (which I'm doing currently).

I actually combusted last night by mistake and immediately knew it happened. The color of the smoke is a dense yellow-hue cloud vs. milky white. Though I'm not 100% sure how it happened as I didn't change the heat setting afterward and it didn't combust with the 4 bowls following. May have just been a technique mistake.

5 or 6 bowls? you better stick with the nail. No way I could finish 3 stemfuls on the nano

I have a decent tolerance, so I'll be cutting back on the concentrates for a few weeks. I'm hoping it was only needed in the first week for transition (I wasn't really feeling anything from the vape alone on the transition).

Clickz

Since I'm here this morning I thought I'd take some photos to ask a few questions.

First and foremost, let me say that the craftmanship on this piece is awesome. It looks beautiful and fits in with the natural wood I already have in the house.

7phMRVX.png

----------------------------

I wanted to ask some questions since it seems like I'm having to vape a lot of bowls compared to others. While I do think it's a slight tolerance issue, I usually feel pretty medicated even with a tolerance on combusting. I have quit combusting in the week and few days so far.

The first question. How do you load your bowls? I don't find that I measure. I grind some nugs up and then I load the bowl by dragging it through the flowers in the grinder. There's a photo to understand better below. Is this a correct method?

ASYShft.jpg

I use the GonG's with the glass screens, non-adjustable. I have my screen placed where Carol suggested according to the EPIC tool that came with the E-nano.

I fill my bowl to about here:

Zb1S6yi.jpg

I'll place the E-nano over the bowl, directly letting the heating element come in contact with the bud itself. As far as I know that is correct - though not sure after reading the last page.

ObHzM2i.jpg

And then I'll leave the E-nano in place, on top of the bowl. Slowly turning it or holding it and pointing the heating element to get an evenly vaped bowl.

5UPdfeD.jpg

Usually this happens after 2 hits and the ABV is a nice dark brown with a few small lighter pieces inside.

c5itoQq.jpg

The heating element seems fine. It has a few pieces of flower on it every now and again, but usually crisps up after a while and I can just blow it away.

WJ7vpvZ.jpg

I just want to make sure that I'm using it all correctly. Thanks again for everyone being so helpful!

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Clickz That's how I load my Enano. Looks pretty on track to me. You can use a little cannabis or a lot depending on your preference. I use mine as a session vape . I do get around 10 hits but I don't have my heat past 6.5 usually dry. I don't hit mine with lung busting draws. That makes a difference.

Clickz

@Clickz That's how I load my Enano. Looks pretty on track to me. You can use a little cannabis or a lot depending on your preference. I use mine as a session vape . I do get around 10 hits but I don't have my heat past 6.5 usually dry. I don't hit mine with lung busting draws. That makes a difference.

Great, and thank you for the feedback. If need be, this can be a small tutorial for people in the future. I found it a little difficult to "get it right" in the beginning because of lack of photo/video tutorials on it (especially being brand new to vaping flower).

Clickz,

Vapor Trails

I've been finding the nano really great to use. First time in the morning it takes 3-4 bowls to feel nicely medicated. Just cutting back on the shatter/wax will help with the effect of flower (which I'm doing currently).
Is that around 0.2 or so to pack 4 bowls?

I'm really curious how the effects compare to the EVO, and if the E-Nano used dry may medicate me better for longer, because my EVO is killing my herb. I don't know... That's what I'm hoping for anyway, or else if the Nano can't medicate better and save more than the EVO I don't know what I'll do with the E-Nano. Fingers crossed, it will conserve better than my EVO. I can't resist long pulls from the EVO, and so a 0.1 will get me a good pull at 9:00, 10:30, 12:00, and then 2-2:30 to finish. 4-5 large pulls sounds great, but I am buying the Nano in hopes that dry vapor will make me more medicated since I'm not going to be passing thru water. I'm worried if I got the dry mouthpiece for my EVO that I wouldn't resist the urge to rip it.

Were you using a fixed or adjustable screen when you combusted a bit? Do you think maybe a piece of bud was sitting on the element, or did the heat seem to spike?

Clickz

Is that around 0.2 or so to pack 4 bowls?

I'm really curious how the effects compare to the EVO, and if the E-Nano used dry may medicate me better for longer, because my EVO is killing my herb. I don't know... That's what I'm hoping for anyway, or else if the Nano can't medicate better and save more than the EVO I don't know what I'll do with the E-Nano. Fingers crossed, it will conserve better than my EVO. I can't resist long pulls from the EVO, and so a 0.1 will get me a good pull at 9:00, 10:30, 12:00, and then 2-2:30 to finish. 4-5 large pulls sounds great, but I am buying the Nano in hopes that dry vapor will make me more medicated since I'm not going to be passing thru water. I'm worried if I got the dry mouthpiece for my EVO that I wouldn't resist the urge to rip it.

Were you using a fixed or adjustable screen when you combusted a bit? Do you think maybe a piece of bud was sitting on the element, or did the heat seem to spike?

Truth be told I'm not sure. Luckily where I live it's recreationally legal, so I normally just grab a few nugs, grind, and load from there. I don't have a milligram scale that would be able to accurately measure.

I wish that I knew more about vapes. I know about the EVO (I almost got it over the enano), so I am familiar with it. From what I read, the EVO will go through bud quicker but it's mostly because it's extracting faster (bigger hits). I have tested the enano dry as well, but much prefer the water because I can take lung busters. I've only quit combusting for a week (and been using high quality concentrates to help the transition), so I'm using a lot of bud in my E-nano. I feel like since I'm new, I'm not well suited to answer on usage of bud.

Currently I have my E-nano around 6.5-6.75 range and I get 1 big hit, then 1/2 a big hit on the second draw. I cash the bowl completely (as far as I'm aware as the taste gets slightly past burnt/stale popcorn). I find it cumbersome to have to load so many bowls, but I'm hoping that will be better as my tolerance (and type of high it gives me) adjusts.

I may try some more dry experimentation to see how that goes re: what you said on it passing through water.

I use only the glass screen GonG (non-adjustable) at the minute. Since there was a sale, I ordered another glass one and 2 adjustables along with a few accessories.

Clickz

yeah I don't do mine like that. My screen is lower, and I never have the screen of the heater touching the material I put in the stem. There's always a little space at least. And I never see charring.

Are you able to pack much? If I put the metal screen down to where it's actually touching the glass screen inside the stem, there's not that much extra space (maybe 1/16th inch). I find that I'm getting 1 and 1/2 good size hits from my bowls. I feel as though to not touch the bud itself, I'd have to pack about half of what I usually do - which would give me very little effect (or I'd have to pack 8+ bowls).

I'm hoping when I get the adjustable screen it will make more sense.

GetLeft

Aren't I seeing a screen in one of those pics? If it's a glass screen stem or gong there's no reason to put an adjustable screen in too, is there? Two screens plus fine grind plus heavy tamp (which is what I'm guessing you'll get if you have to push the heater down on top of a stem that's filled to the top) equals material that won't vaoprize as well as slightly coarser material that has some space between itself and the heater and no extra layer of screen. But maybe I'm not seeing things correctly.

Clickz

Aren't I seeing a screen in one of those pics? If it's a glass screen stem or gong there's no reason to put an adjustable screen in too, is there? Two screens plus fine grind plus heavy tamp (which is what I'm guessing you'll get if you have to push the heater down on top of a stem that's filled to the top) equals material that won't vaoprize as well as slightly coarser material that has some space between itself and the heater and no extra layer of screen. But maybe I'm not seeing things correctly.

You are correct. I have a stainless steel screen in there and a glass screen at the bottom (non-adjustable). The stainless steel screen came with the GonG, so I had assumed that it went with it. I will take it out and try hitting it from there.

The photos get optimized/condensed when I upload them, so what looks like dark brown in real life looks kind of black in the photo. But here's what I see after 1 hit:

sPsd6ao.jpg

It's dark brown in the middle with a bit of unvaped flower around the edges. I usually give a stir, take a 1/2 second hit and then it's all dark brown.

I'll take out the stainless screen shortly and test.

Time to report back. Taking out that metal screen just made a night and day difference. I was able to take 3 huge hits out of a fully packed bowl this time (vs. 1 1/2) and within 5 minutes I'm pretty heavily medicated. This experiment is definitely a success :science:

Thank you for spotting that for me. I'm really glad I took the time to take/upload the photos now. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong because it was taking far too much flower for the amount I was medicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Since I'm here this morning I thought I'd take some photos to ask a few questions.

First and foremost, let me say that the craftmanship on this piece is awesome. It looks beautiful and fits in with the natural wood I already have in the house.

7phMRVX.png

----------------------------

I wanted to ask some questions since it seems like I'm having to vape a lot of bowls compared to others. While I do think it's a slight tolerance issue, I usually feel pretty medicated even with a tolerance on combusting. I have quit combusting in the week and few days so far.

The first question. How do you load your bowls? I don't find that I measure. I grind some nugs up and then I load the bowl by dragging it through the flowers in the grinder. There's a photo to understand better below. Is this a correct method?

ASYShft.jpg

I use the GonG's with the glass screens, non-adjustable. I have my screen placed where Carol suggested according to the EPIC tool that came with the E-nano.

I fill my bowl to about here:

Zb1S6yi.jpg

I'll place the E-nano over the bowl, directly letting the heating element come in contact with the bud itself. As far as I know that is correct - though not sure after reading the last page.

ObHzM2i.jpg

And then I'll leave the E-nano in place, on top of the bowl. Slowly turning it or holding it and pointing the heating element to get an evenly vaped bowl.

5UPdfeD.jpg

Usually this happens after 2 hits and the ABV is a nice dark brown with a few small lighter pieces inside.

c5itoQq.jpg

The heating element seems fine. It has a few pieces of flower on it every now and again, but usually crisps up after a while and I can just blow it away.

WJ7vpvZ.jpg

I just want to make sure that I'm using it all correctly. Thanks again for everyone being so helpful!
I'm sorry to say but you're doing it all wrong. You need to leave at least a little space between the heater core and your cannabis for optimum results. The herb should not be sticking to the heater in normal usage.

Also, your screen is set very high. It's possible to use it up there but that would be more for an advanced extraction technique. This would explain why you can combust one hit and be fine the next. That shouldn't happen with the nano if it's set up well. Your hits should be very consistent.

The amount of cannabis you're using is ok if you had the screen set back, and if it is loosely packed. You do not want a tight pack as it will impede airflow which will negatively affect extraction and performance.

You can use about half as much material, just more than enough to cover the screen, and still get good results. I like to load it by sucking up a little bit of herb, like its a straw. Sometimes I give a very light tamp, usually I don't.

There is a flat notch on the e-pick:

ywksGDW.jpg

Rest it on the edge of the glass:

qLYVofU.jpg

Default screen placement would be just touching the e-pick, I like mine a bit lower:

s31teN1.jpg

Loading the stem:

qu0E9HH.jpg

The rounded side is used to measure the load:

xr7cslq.jpg

Standard load size is just touching the edge of the e-pick. My load is slightly larger than standard because of my lower screen placement:

XQc3mM1.jpg

Note the gap between load and heater. In standard usage the heater should insert fully into the chamber until it comes to a stop:

BRnUWGb.jpg

Hopefully these pictures help, I know it can be hard to figure stuff out just by reading.

Let me know if you need any more advice. :) :peace:

Clickz

I'm sorry to say but you're doing it all wrong. You need to leave at least a little space between the heater core and your cannabis for optimum results. The herb should not be sticking to the heater in normal usage.

Also, your screen is set very high. It's possible to use it up there but that would be more for an advanced extraction technique. This would explain why you can combust one hit and be fine the next. That shouldn't happen with the nano if it's set up well. Your hits should be very consistent.

The amount of cannabis you're using is ok if you had the screen set back, and if it is loosely packed. You do not want a tight pack as it will impede airflow which will negatively affect extraction and performance.

You can use about half as much material, just more than enough to cover the screen, and still get good results. I like to load it by sucking up a little bit of herb, like its a straw. Sometimes I give a very light tamp, usually I don't.

ywksGDW.jpg

qLYVofU.jpg

Default screen placement would be just touching the e-pick, I like mine a bit lower:

s31teN1.jpg

Loading the stem:

qu0E9HH.jpg

xr7cslq.jpg

Standard load size is just touching the edge of the e-pick. My load is slightly larger than standard because of my lower screen placement:

XQc3mM1.jpg

Note the gap between load and heater. In standard usage the heater should insert fully into the chamber until it comes to a stop:

BRnUWGb.jpg

Hopefully these pictures help, I know it can be hard to figure stuff out just by reading.

Those pictures were extremely helpful and I'm sure they'll be helpful in the future for anyone new to vaping or the E-nano. I pretty much figured it out once some replies were made. I wasn't supposed to be using those metal screens as far as I'm now aware as I ordered the non-adjustable glass screen stem/GonG.

Once I took metal screen out and gave a little room between the element and the flower it made a world of difference. One bowl felt like a good sized dab in terms of potency, especially since it was early. I have some adjustables on the way, so those pictures will help immensely for when they're here.

Thanks for all of the help!

Edit: In the photos you saw, I also had the screen upside down :uhoh:

Vapor Trails

Time to report back. Taking out that metal screen just made a night and day difference. I was able to take 3 huge hits out of a fully packed bowl this time (vs. 1 1/2) and within 5 minutes I'm pretty heavily medicated. This experiment is definitely a success :science:

Thank you for spotting that for me. I'm really glad I took the time to take/upload the photos now. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong because it was taking far too much flower for the amount I was medicated.
Sweet! That's very encouraging.

ywksGDW.jpg

qLYVofU.jpg

s31teN1.jpg

Loading the stem:

qu0E9HH.jpg

xr7cslq.jpg

XQc3mM1.jpg

BRnUWGb.jpg

Dude, you're awesome! This will help me so much when my E-Nano gets here! I was extremely intimidated, but now it seems almost too simple :tup:
Thank You!

Top Bottom