HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
No- not just the cap.

If it makes you feel any better, I was using mine yesterday with the stock lighter. Stock lighter has a little slider that can lock it on (maybe something involving this is why lighters were exploding?) and after I heated up my cap, I guess my finger flipped it to "lock"

I let go of the ignition, expecting it to go out, and tossed the lighter on my lap as I was hitting the Vapcap. I hear the torch, I smell burning (all of this in like 1 sec) I look down, and the torch is on and probably about 1 to 2 seconds away from lighting my whole pants on fire. Was certainly a scare lol. Then I turned it off and hit the VC and all was well :)

NickDlow

Log Hog
If it makes you feel any better, I was using mine yesterday with the stock lighter. Stock lighter has a little slider that can lock it on (maybe something involving this is why lighters were exploding?) and after I heated up my cap, I guess my finger flipped it to "lock"

I let go of the ignition, expecting it to go out, and tossed the lighter on my lap as I was hitting the Vapcap. I hear the torch, I smell burning (all of this in like 1 sec) I look down, and the torch is on and probably about 1 to 2 seconds away from lighting my whole pants on fire. Was certainly a scare lol. Then I turned it off and hit the VC and all was well :)

:rofl::lmao::rofl::lmao:

thats great!!!!

Tickdickler

Guys, has anyone with both a woody and an og glass noticed any difference in airflow when drawing with a closed carb? Do the ridges on the outer wall of the Ti tip make any difference at all?

PS: I have been using the vapcap after a couple of months break for the last few days and is really growing on me again... ;) More thoughts to follow soon! :D

I feel ya. I'm currently on a month to 2 month break because of surgery. I can't wait to blaze in glory with my new woody. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING GEORGE. NOW ITS PIC TIME MY VAPISTS

gRoW665.jpg

0uF1RD3.jpg

Tommy10

Haven't been on in a while, still loving the vapcap but hating sucking a golf ball through a straw... And now I hear the TI caps have less draw restriction? With a fully closed carb how does the TI compare to og glass?

b0

Cloudy...
I mentioned that above but have not tried it yet. Do you have one? Thoughts?

Yes I have the one in the picture, thought that mine was normal and his the new one :shrug:

In mine the draw with the hole closed is really restrictive. You can take puffs like a cigarette but it's a bit more restrictive. I usually take a couple of puffs and then a long draw with the hole half open, if it doesn't click I take another half closed one. I do this every heating and the charge is done in 4, sometimes 3 depending how I heat it.

Edit: Never tried an OG, so I don't know the main differences

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I feel ya. I'm currently on a month to 2 month break because of surgery. I can't wait to blaze in glory with my new woody. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING GEORGE. NOW ITS PIC TIME MY VAPISTS

gRoW665.jpg

0uF1RD3.jpg

That is hot baby!

What kind of wood please? A burl?

The VC looks like the closest experience to smoking a joint that you're going to get in the vape world.

Just ordered mine in cocobolo.

Can someone explain what a fully closed carb means?

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: phattpiggie

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
In mine the draw with the hole closed is really restrictive.

I thought the hole wasn't a carb, but the primary air intake. My understanding was that fresh air comes through the hole, flows down past the tip of the condenser and creates an air differential that pulls the vapor from the heated chamber up trough the condenser tube.

Plugging the hole would be like plugging the opposite end of a straw, right?

natural farmer

I thought the hole wasn't a carb, but the primary air intake. My understanding was that fresh air comes through the hole, flows down past the tip of the condenser and creates an air differential that pulls the vapor from the heated chamber up trough the condenser tube.

Plugging the hole would be like plugging the opposite end of a straw, right?
That's the whole idea but for some of us it just doesn't work... The difference in vapor production with a closed carb vs an open carb is night and day for me.

And it's not like the straw analogy as there is still air coming in under the cap...

EDIT: How does the condenser tube work in wood/glass Ti VCs? From the photos I understand that it starts from the mouth end and then enters the Ti tip. Is there a gap there, between the condenser and the tip? How does the fresh air from the carb enter the condenser?

Last edited:

anasrzi

Waiting patiently inline for that beautiful ti piece above ^^^ simply can't wait to try that out after falling for the OG version, my only gripe with the OG is its delicate which is fine for the light handed user but the ti will compliment the more rough and ready sort of vaping on the go much more for me due to its base metal construction.

Great to see everything is going so well for vap cap George, he's made a little masterpiece here.

I spoke to George about Afzelia Burl next. ALSO, the latest picture of the Titanium version:

O76t14I.jpg
Looks siiiiiick. That mouthpiece looks modular; The modular parts are starting to explode. I'm totally on board for them, too. Can't wait for more options to be revealed.

BTW, I talked to George about those new Ti tips (which just arrived, btw) and he mentioned only improvements around heat exchange. I should have asked if there were any airflow improvements, but he certainly didn't mention any.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Looks siiiiiick. That mouthpiece looks modular; The modular parts are starting to explode. I'm totally on board for them, too. Can't wait for more options to be revealed.

BTW, I talked to George about those new Ti tips (which just arrived, btw) and he mentioned only improvements around heat exchange. I should have asked if there were any airflow improvements, but he certainly didn't mention any.

So new Ti tips may likely go out with the new steel collar woodies then? I guess we'll see

Shit Snacks,

natural farmer

I could be wrong, but the grooves on the new Ti tips look bigger/deeper than the original version?
I wonder if the draw is more open with those grooves (and carb closed)... How many grooves reach the lip of the bowl? 3 it seems? Now what would happen of there were 6 or more?
If I were George I would play with as many configurations of the grooves as possible cause I think something "MAGIC" could happen!!!

Top Bottom