bounce5

I personally wouldn't risk it or bother but i throw away my degummed hemp too. I have heard of others doing it but i forget in what vape. The herbie maybe?

I thought degummed hemp with oil or reclaim was okay to vape.

bounce5,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I thought degummed hemp with oil or reclaim was okay to vape.

It is, but my supply of flower and concentrates is plentiful so i personally never bother. I know many use cotton balls and hemp fiber and rave about the potency. I would rather use some fresh hash, crumble, flower, shatter, ect. And since i am lucky enough to never run low, i personally dont bother. A bit like roaches in my smoking days. I would let them pile up, but would end up throwing them away or giving them to a friend. Many people would use them but i was turned off by the taste and the fact i could just use fresh herb.

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: bounce5

bounce5

If it's not ok, I'm in a lot of trouble since I do it all the time. I believe it is 100% cotton and as such should not cause any concern. At least that's what uncle @Vitolo tells me and he hasn't lied to me yet.

:peace:

I've read that cotton get's a lot of pesticides, but I'm not sure about the cotton from Q-tips. I figure it would say organic if that was the case, however, which it doesn't. I have to admit, I did vape it, too tempting...but I got a wierd taste and stopped, and then thought....oh my, could this be dangerous....

bounce5,

OF

If it's not ok, I'm in a lot of trouble since I do it all the time.

You're in so much trouble on so many fronts and 'vaping Q-tip cotton' is so far down the list nobody really takes much notice?

I too think our Vitolo has it right. I looked for any proof a while back that there was a realistic health risk, found none. I came away with the feeling it (organic cotton) was a bit of a gimmick.

I too don't fear 'medical grade' cotton.

OF

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
I've thrown my vapcap away

htZKXnL.gif

little maggie

I'm confused and bewildered by your statement. First, what do you mean you cooked your vapcap? Noone else in the entire thread managed that. Secondly, you threw it away?!:doh: :mental:
I had just gotten it and was waiting until I heard a click which never came. It was so burned that it was totally destroyed and unusable. No one else managed it? I guess I'm unique (in a not so good way).

Archaicrevival

I had just gotten it and was waiting until I heard a click which never came. It was so burned that it was totally destroyed and unusable. No one else managed it? I guess I'm unique (in a not so good way).
You just need a replacement cap. You ruined the cap not the vapcap itself?

Archaicrevival,

bounce5

It may have clicked and you just didn't hear it. It's kind of low and with the sound of the torch you could miss it especially if you've never heard it before. So you just kept going and going and going with the torch till it melted?

I remember you were unique in the Vapman thread too. You were the only one who burned yours there too. I saw that you purchased a Supreme V3. Crikey, I hope you don't knock it over, light something on fire, and accidentally burn down your house. If I was you, I'd avoid fire.

I think the lesson that a newbie can get from your Vapcap story is that you should count when first using it. It takes about 7 seconds to heat up the Vapcap from a cold start. So if you don't hear a click, stop after 7 seconds.

Last edited:

little maggie

I am a little wary about the Supreme. It seems like when someone says that a vape has a short learning curve I have a different experience. I do have a lily and a Daisy that I haven't yet destroyed. If I suddenly disappear from the board you'll know what happened when my torch for my Supreme arrived.

I've been tempted to try the Vapcap again but with the Zion arrived I'm trying to get a handle on my VAS.

bounce5

That roll me up and smoke me when I die attitide is so 2015. This year it's all about staying within our limits and being safe. Get with it, girl.

bounce5,
Reactions: OF

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I've been timing my 'clicks'. It will make a difference depending on the lighter used. I will keep trying and get an average for the triple and single lighter when it arrives.
So far triple from cold to first click, heat in the middle, it's been 12 secs. Then 22 to cool down then 7 on the heat to the next click, 22 to cool, 7 to hot click. +/- a second.
@bounce5 I agree on the give it 7 and if no click then stop.

@cwheezy thought you might like this.

Another ever lasting bowl situation. Held in some tweezers and slightly warmed the little thing picked up some thick Iso reclaim really well.
Depending on how much you consumed perhaps a longer spiraled coil could last some people all day?
ofRC9xzm.jpg

natural farmer

Guys, has anyone with both a woody and an og glass noticed any difference in airflow when drawing with a closed carb? Do the ridges on the outer wall of the Ti tip make any difference at all?

PS: I have been using the vapcap after a couple of months break for the last few days and is really growing on me again... ;) More thoughts to follow soon! :D

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Guys, has anyone with both a woody and an og glass noticed any difference in airflow when drawing with a closed carb? Do the ridges on the outer wall of the Ti tip make any difference at all?

PS: I have been using the vapcap after a couple of months break for the last few days and is really growing on me again... ;) More thoughts to follow soon! :D

Glad to hear you are liking the VC more now. I know as you are a VM loyalist there is advantages and disadvantages of each of these two, and they will always be compared to eachother due to some of the simularities. I think i mentioned to you how once i used the VC a ton, i learned to appreciate my Vapman more. I still personally give a slight nod to the VC but using it as a daily driver made me appreciate the vapman even more.

As far as TI is concerned i do notice a very slight increase in airflow. But, i like to run my VapCap almost exclusively with the air hole open unlike many of you so unless i am covering it up i barely notice (even covered the diffrence is very subtle)

That said i am pretty sure George will design yet another updated TI tip eventually that may allow for even more flow (plesse dont quote me on this but probably newer tips will have even more flow).

Naturalfarmer. Can you please elaborate what brought you back to the VC camp? I believe at one point you basically said you would give yours away, it didnt compare to the VM, and you seemed dissatisfied. What changed? Thanks, just wondering as overall you had one of the few negative experiences i remember reading.

natural farmer

Glad to hear you are liking the VC more now. I know as you are a VM loyalist there is advantages and disadvantages of each of these two, and they will always be compared to eachother due to some of the simularities. I think i mentioned to you how once i used the VC a ton, i learned to appreciate my Vapman more. I still personally give a slight nod to the VC but using it as a daily driver made me appreciate the vapman even more.

As far as TI is concerned i do notice a very slight increase in airflow. But, i like to run my VapCap almost exclusively with the air hole open unlike many of you so unless i am covering it up i barely notice (even covered the diffrence is very subtle)

That said i am pretty sure George will design yet another updated TI tip eventually that may allow for even more flow (plesse dont quote me on this but probably newer tips will have even more flow).

Naturalfarmer. Can you please elaborate what brought you back to the VC camp? I believe at one point you basically said you would give yours away, it didnt compare to the VM, and you seemed dissatisfied. What changed? Thanks, just wondering as overall you had one of the few negative experiences i remember reading.

Actually it was George that brought me back... ;) I had indeed gifted my og vapcap to a friend and he has cut smoking to a minimum thanks to it! :tup: Thankfully George decided to keep me in the game by sending me a few extras together with a pyrovap screen that I was expecting. More than a few actually! :razz:

Anyway, I am using a brand new vapcap these days with the new ceramic screens. Not much has changed with the vapcap itself actually, what changed is my point of view.
I still don't like the results of drawing with an open carb. I think it produces much less vapor, has worst taste and worst results in medicating effectively. I think the vapcap works best by using it in a different way than it was designed to be used as a matter of fact...
By drawing with the carb closed, all the incoming air travels between the cap and the bowl walls resembling the way the Solo/Air works. The condenser tube plays no major role when used like this, it helps with keeping the outer glass temp lower though.
So puffing is the way to go as I see it. By puffing (drawing using the mouth as a pump rather than drawing with the lungs) the vapor is thicker, more potent, cooler to the throat and taste is better.
I wonder what the results would be if there were small ridges on the outer wall surface of the bowl (like the PVHS Solo stems) and more air was drawn like that... A more convection-y result maybe? Maybe harsher to the throat as well? I wonder if George has tried anything similar in the lab...

Anyhow, at this point I think I like the vapcap puffing ritual more than the Vapman drawing ritual, at least I like the results more. Both stay in the arsenal for now for sure, waiting for their girl Milaana and a new Ti woody probably at some point!

Can't thank George enough for going way and beyond to keep a customer happy! :) :nod:

Tickdickler

Got AWESOME news from George about new woods coming soon. I specifically requested Ambonya Burl and because of that wood type, they will cost more.

With his permission here is what he said:

"I just had a chat with Ed. I will have a few made up in the next batch of woodies. They will be about $20 more than the cocobolo or blackwood, but if your want the burl, it will be an option. Thank you for asking about sharing. Yes, please do share! I will even send you a picture once I have on if you want to post it."

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Told ya he'd hook ya up! @Tickdickler

Just like Krazy said there's a lot less restriction with the Ti tip. I also use the carb open untill the end of a heat cycle if I'm trying to stretch it out as far as I can.
I've been timing my 'clicks'. It will make a difference depending on the lighter used. I will keep trying and get an average for the triple and single lighter when it arrives.
So far triple from cold to first click, heat in the middle, it's been 12 secs. Then 22 to cool down then 7 on the heat to the next click, 22 to cool, 7 to hot click. +/- a second.
@bounce5 I agree on the give it 7 and if no click then stop.

@cwheezy thought you might like this.

Another ever lasting bowl situation. Held in some tweezers and slightly warmed the little thing picked up some thick Iso reclaim really well.
Depending on how much you consumed perhaps a longer spiraled coil could last some people all day?
ofRC9xzm.jpg

Ooo, me likey a lot.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Actually it was George that brought me back... ;) I had indeed gifted my og vapcap to a friend and he has cut smoking to a minimum thanks to it! :tup: Thankfully George decided to keep me in the game by sending me a few extras together with a pyrovap screen that I was expecting. More than a few actually! :razz:

Anyway, I am using a brand new vapcap these days with the new ceramic screens. Not much has changed with the vapcap itself actually, what changed is my point of view.
I still don't like the results of drawing with an open carb. I think it produces much less vapor, has worst taste and worst results in medicating effectively. I think the vapcap works best by using it in a different way than it was designed to be used as a matter of fact...
By drawing with the carb closed, all the incoming air travels between the cap and the bowl walls resembling the way the Solo/Air works. The condenser tube plays no major role when used like this, it helps with keeping the outer glass temp lower though.
So puffing is the way to go as I see it. By puffing (drawing using the mouth as a pump rather than drawing with the lungs) the vapor is thicker, more potent, cooler to the throat and taste is better.
I wonder what the results would be if there were small ridges on the outer wall surface of the bowl (like the PVHS Solo stems) and more air was drawn like that... A more convection-y result maybe? Maybe harsher to the throat as well? I wonder if George has tried anything similar in the lab...

Anyhow, at this point I think I like the vapcap puffing ritual more than the Vapman drawing ritual, at least I like the results more. Both stay in the arsenal for now for sure, waiting for their girl Milaana and a new Ti woody probably at some point!

Can't thank George enough for going way and beyond to keep a customer happy! :) :nod:

Thanks dude. George likes to please.

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: vapen00b
Top Bottom