Comfortably Numb

I found the armoured cap a huge and relatively expensive disappointment (compared to my own DIY copper coils, the simrell or the Vaphit silver covers.) I eventually bought an AC to use out and about (it was the only version that fitted in my beloved/obsolete super slim stash) and I've now given up and switched back.

Another example imo of DV taking someone else's idea and doing it terribly. IH. Lighters. Bong adapters.
Could not agree more...totally useless IMO

Comfortably Numb,
Reactions: Green Kiwi

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Is anyone regularly using a soft flame on their Dynavaps? I was on a trip recently forgot a torch and had to use a soft flame for a couple days. Shocked by how much I enjoyed the vapor it produced. Curious if anyone has experience using a soft flame long term.

An alcohol lamp/burner is a great soft flame option for around the house, they burn with a clean flame(less soot on yer cap) cheap to buy and run.
Youtube has diy videos and also reviews on commercial products.
I would recommend a shorter burner with a wide base that is more stable.

Here is a link as an example.

The slow roast of a soft flame can indeed produce nice tasty hits and great vapor, coupled with a laid back ritualistic vibe.:spliff:

TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: Green Kiwi

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Thanks, it doesn’t look like there’s shipping available to the US though. ☹️
That's weird. I know for a fact a few American members got their Tinymight from this shop.
I've just tried making a purchase and the option "États-Unis" (USA) is there. :)

condition

I got the new Wand's adapter and I don't like it. While it is simple and fits snuggly the Wand, the taste of the draw does not satisfy me. I find it better heat the cap directly, placing the wand upside down, so the cap sits at the rim of the glass cylinder. Heats evenly. With the new adapter, the result is similar to the 1st gen carbon adapter (with the orange plugs) : dark brown outside and light brown at the center of the load.
Also half of the times the cap stucks inside the adapter. I suppose it is large, so while it fits tightly, it is too tight actually and the cap stays inside, as I am removing the DV, leaving the tip naked. If the adapter is not inserted into the wand, it is easy to remove the DV, without cap getting stuck.
Have they even tested it with a captive cap? Not extensively I guess. It needs redesign.

condition,

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Limited edition incoming:

From their page:
  • Glow in the Dark, UV activated Resin throughout the unique Lichtenberg Ebony stem
  • New stainless steel mouthpiece and condenser design
  • Stainless Steel Helix Tip, available exclusively with the RoWynd 1
  • Certificate of Authenticity for your device being 1 of 100

Price: $249.00 :cry:

budski

cantre member
stainless steel helix? is that a downgrade from the woodwynd? where's the tip is it $50 instead of $60

Last edited:

coolbreeze

stainless steel helix? is that a downgrade from the woodwynd?
Depends on how it acts, I guess. I don't think it's an automatic downgrade, there's plenty of greatness in the SS tips. But I am really curious about it, not sure what the implications would be.

coolbreeze,

budski

cantre member
maybe just competition from the new vaphit tips, I would certainly like to try both against each other, just the tips,;)

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
performance wise they compare to the '21 M with a bit thinner walls, I drilled vent holes and got better one heat performance, but my bit was too big, more smaller holes would work better imo. Keep in mind I usually use the wand w/dyna tip. Vented vaphit bowl with dyna cap under the glass works great, can be done with helix tip also using a spare oring

Last edited:

Dopamine

Where to buy Dynavap Ti Spinning Mouthpiece?

Dynavap doesn’t seem to have them anymore. Sneaky Pete is out of stock. POV can not ship to my state. KatManDude list them in stock but doesn’t seem to be in business anymore. Any place else?

Was looking for them a while back. Dynavap told me that they’re discontinued.

coolbreeze

Not quite spring but the psychedelic frog pond is a fine spot for a cap.
IMG-1994.jpg

condition

The CCD doesn't sit well at the helix tip, it is constantly falling. Is there a specific CCD for the helix, or uses the same CCD? (I am using half bowl converter)
Also, my captive caps feel more loose on the helix tip, falling also easily if I turn it upside down.

condition,

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
oops, completely got mixed up here - but leaving the post because of the comparison in function of TRWWs DVQC and the new Vaphit tip/cap which someone might find useful.
I hope they'll sell them individually. Haven't tried the Vaphit tip/cap yet, just RWW's glass cap.
I would certainly like to try both against each other, just the tips,;)
I have, and they're different gravy IMO - The TRWWs DVQCs are the equivalent of a mini Conduction/Convection QuartzCap and the Vaphit the equivalent of the Terpedo - orings and all. Which makes the Vaphit easier to imagine using on the go/horizontal, but the TRWW DVQCs give a much more open draw over the same bowl. They're both outstanding budget options.

(I can take or leave the new Vaphit stem btw - it's still not a patch on the Revolve - and why would I risk taking it out and about when I could be using it at home through the glass WPA and water?)

Dyneo

Accessory Maker
It's a swampy area so it's probably oils left by anaerobic bacteria. Never seen it quite like this before. : )
It's Iron Bacteria :D - harmless to humans (though there may very well be many other bacteria present alongside it that are very harmful to humans lol)

Top Bottom