Gnome34

Just gave the woodwind it's maiden voyage!

Cleaning was a breeze upon arrival. Fewer parts and everything fits together smoothly.

I didn't order the helix tip as I already have one. So far I'm using it with a 2019/2020 (can't recall) stainless tip. This is my favorite and most used tip so I figured I'd start with that!

The stem looks great and feels great in the hand during use. I love the mouthpiece design. You can find the dynavap logo in nooks and crannies throughout the device, all tastefully implemented. It does not cool as well as the revolve. It is about on par with BB6 or Pinner, maybe as bad as the MVS. So not intolerably hot but it does dry your mouth and throat out a bit.

Now for the bad news!
I also ordered a regular cap as most of mine are malfunctioning at this point. This new cap is the worst I've seen from dynavap yet. The dimensions are different, a fatter taller disc on top. Bigger indention under the disc. The cap is the widest one I've ever seen from them. First time I've had to mush the crap out of one to get it to stay on upside down. It clicks far too early (three heat cycles and I'm still seeing green and approaching yellow! 5 heat cycles and I'm dumping the load out of frustration as it is still very light yellow!). Sadly I'm still left with two good caps out of seven. Wish dynavap could figure out the caps, it's really the only actual flaw with the device at this point.

Off to unload groceries and try some other tips on the woodwind!

coolbreeze

IMG-6108.jpg

Nice vape! It's gorgeous and elegant and hits like a truck. I think my only complaint would be that the MP/condenser deviate from the modularity of most of the rest of the gear. It works fine and looks great but it's not truly swapable:
IMG-6112.jpg

The big surprise is how nicely the super-airy cap works with the Helix. I think it will never leave my HydraWynd again!

Finessseee

Dynavap B not hitting hard enough? I’ve been maining Arizer portables and heat soaking them then doing quicker sessions.. I find myself getting more stoned from my Arizer portables than my Dynavap B. This could be due to getting more terps and cannabinoids from Arizers slower extraction and larger bowl size.. but I assumed the Dyna would’ve gotten me more of a stoned feeling than what I’m experiencing. I can finish a bowl in 2 clicks and usually ride the line a bit heating for an additional 5 seconds after each click. Is the Dyna just not for me or would a new tip make a difference? Been using a mini single flame Eagle Torch. Maybe I’d be better suited for a log or TM.. I do like the Dynavap ritual, but I assumed I’d be way more blasted off one bowl..

coolbreeze

Dynavap B not hitting hard enough? I’ve been maining Arizer portables and heat soaking them then doing quicker sessions.. I find myself getting more stoned from my Arizer portables than my Dynavap B. This could be due to getting more terps and cannabinoids from Arizers slower extraction and larger bowl size.. but I assumed the Dyna would’ve gotten me more of a stoned feeling than what I’m experiencing. I can finish a bowl in 2 clicks and usually ride the line a bit heating for an additional 5 seconds after each click. Is the Dyna just not for me or would a new tip make a difference? Been using a mini single flame Eagle Torch. Maybe I’d be better suited for a log or TM.. I do like the Dynavap ritual, but I assumed I’d be way more blasted off one bowl..
The B's a half-bowl. Try the M+ (or at least the tip). It's also SS so it's forgiving and holds heat well and it's a bit bigger even than the earlier Ms. For me, the Dynavaps are my stony conduction go-to, along with the Vapman and Roasty. In any case if you like the ritual go for a second bowl! ; )

I think a log or TM would be more a bright convection high, relatively.

Finessseee

The B's a half-bowl. Try the M+ (or at least the tip). It's also SS so it's forgiving and holds heat well and it's a bit bigger even than the earlier Ms. For me, the Dynavaps are my stony conduction go-to, along with the Vapman and Roasty. In any case if you like the ritual go for a second bowl! ; )

I think a log or TM would be more a bright convection high, relatively.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I don’t want to compare too much in the dyna native thread.. but that’s why I picked it. I’ve been looking for this conduction heavy experience. Do you think a solid upgrade would be the M+ Tip with Armored Cap? I went with the B Tip because it seems like people prefer their B’s for one hit heat cycles.

coolbreeze

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I don’t want to compare too much in the dyna native thread.. but that’s why I picked it. I’ve been looking for this conduction heavy experience. Do you think a solid upgrade would be the M+ Tip with Armored Cap? I went with the B Tip because it seems like people prefer their B’s for one hit heat cycles.
Can't guarantee a one-hit extraction (that's bigger than I go for usually) but this is about halfway through the first hit with M+ and AC heated normally to the clicks:
IMG-6141.jpg

Edit: @Finessseee , here's complete extraction, one heat/hit:
IMG-6148.jpg

Last edited:

the_hexx

Team Hash
Just popping by to say that I am very, very impressed with the Helix tip. I don't quite understand how or why, but this is the first time that I'm not comparing a new Dynavap tip to older ones, but rather with something like the Lotus or the Vapman. And I haven't even tried it on a waterpiece yet!

coolbreeze

Just popping by to say that I am very, very impressed with the Helix tip. I don't quite understand how or why, but this is the first time that I'm not comparing a new Dynavap tip to older ones, but rather with something like the Lotus or the Vapman. And I haven't even tried it on a waterpiece yet!
I hope they will carry the perforated cap from the earlybird Woodwynd sale. That with the Helix is the most different DV experience I think I've had. It's already my go-to for water, and it also works wonderfully with the OG Omni's tighter draw. Great combination of pieces, more than the sum of the parts.

HughJass

I hope they will carry the perforated cap from the earlybird Woodwynd sale. That with the Helix is the most different DV experience I think I've had. It's already my go-to for water, and it also works wonderfully with the OG Omni's tighter draw. Great combination of pieces, more than the sum of the parts.

I notice you ended up pairing the Helix with the perforated v2 caps as opposed to the AC- I’m curious what makes that combo different?
(and would you say the v2 perforated cap is worth picking up if I already have the older/original version?)

Trying to decide if just ordering the helix tip is enough, or if I should go all out on the PV2 or AC as well.. I don’t have VAS for a whole new device, but I’d like a reason to start using my dynavaps again, and I especially love the idea of more convection :love:

coolbreeze

I notice you ended up pairing the Helix with the perforated v2 caps as opposed to the AC- I’m curious what makes that combo different?'
When I first got the Helix I kept inadvertently doing one-hit roasts. I think it's thicker walled. Point is, I have no problem getting it well-heated, so the AC is not really necessary, but you also have the unique opportunity to take advantage of the crazy airflow by pairing with the perf cap instead.

(and would you say the v2 perforated cap is worth picking up if I already have the older/original version?)
If i remember correctly, I got a perf cap for a seasonal special? I don't know that I used it a lot but I liked it. I got another recently from Simrell. This one I think must be significantly airier, and because it is sorta made for the Helix, it's airiest mid-cap I'd say. I'll have to try it with some other tips; I assume the Helix will be best.
Trying to decide if just ordering the helix tip is enough, or if I should go all out on the PV2 or AC as well.. I don’t have VAS for a whole new device, but I’d like a reason to start using my dynavaps again, and I especially love the idea of more convection :love:
I think if you get the Helix and the perf cap, you will have the most different DV experience. If you like to go through water, it's perfect. You could even take it a step closer to pure convection with one of RWW's Convection Caps, best in an upright joint.

It's a really neat tip and the cap plays to its strengths.

HughJass

Thank you @coolbreeze for sharing your well informed experience and advice!
Damn Black Friday deals and VAAS- It’s like going to the grocery store “just for a couple items”- All I wanted was a couple of extra JYARZ and I ended up spending twice that just on the tip and cap lol

If i remember correctly, I got a perf cap for a seasonal special?
Oh yeah I forgot about the seasonal one! I think I have the one before that, it has the dynavap logo and random shapes laser etched out.
I currently have it on my Omni, but I’ll be transferring it to the M when the helix arrives :science: (one of my favorite parts about dynavaps is if you upgrade one, you can upgrade them all / play a sort of hand-me-down white elephant game with the previously best parts, to mix and match each device to be optimized for its best use)

you also have the unique opportunity to take advantage of the crazy airflow by pairing with the perf cap instead-
In the end this is what sold me!
I think if you get the Helix and the perf cap, you will have the most different DV experience. If you like to go through water, it's perfect. You could even take it a step closer to pure convection with one of RWW's Convection Caps, best in an upright joint.

I don’t use upright pieces very often unfortunately. However, if the cap and tip are as good as you allude, then I may just be using them more frequently at home- if that’s the case I just might have to give that RWW cap a try on a hook or bubbler, as I will have an extra tip lying around soon..

Anyways super excited to try the new helix tip and perforated cap!
A Happy Thanksgiving, and a blissfully blitzed Black Friday to you all! :cheers:

budski

cantre member
I'm weak, damn you blackfriday, you'all convinced me that if dynavap's gonna work for me this is it, hope these and the wand will make me reach for it more often and keep it in rotation.
"just a couple",,, here, there, and over there too,
that handcarved body in the 3rd one has my wheels turning:science:
IMG-6108.jpg

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods

im going to chime in here and say i used the og ti woody for a while. 2-3 years. It ran hot and I could get full extraction with it in 2-3 hits.

I now have the stock m+, and I can get 1 hit extractions with it as is. Just depends on what torch I'm using, the quality of my flower, and where I heat.

I guess my point in saying this is I really don't think you NEED the armored cap. The tip and stock cap should do you fine, provided you don't mind some dialing in of technique.

Edit: it's not the tastiest experience, but it does get that conduction stony-ness I think you're alluding to. Very roasty

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
I kept my B and gave the m to my uncle as the 1/2 bowl position on the m tip never stayed put and the b w/copper fmj gives me 2 nice hits w/full extraction when I get the heat up right. I struggled w/ a cheap single torch and decided a good torch and gas get's me half way to a wand so thanks to Vgoodies for fast shipping on the Ispire while still waiting on dynavap to ship the helix and perf cap all bought Tday!
The 1st hits out of the B w/ceramic mouthpiece and jacketed cap using the wand were my best ever out of the Dyna. Quick easy repeatable results w/out filling the lighter every 5 loads.

Any body know who caries the shorty FMJ? Thinking that would work well with the perf cap to speed up the heatup like it does on the B tip.

Last edited:

Phytotherapy

I was ver happy when I saw that the Dynavap.eu online shop is available again, and right away ordered some stuff that I had kept on hold because I did not want to pay import tax from US to EU. However, I am now seeing on the tracking that Dynavap.eu is sending from the UK, which means that I have to pay import tax, nevertheless.... Has dynavap not realized that Uk is not EU anymore?

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
The airflow reinvents what the Dynavap can do imho and changes the roast from mostly conduction to almost entirely convection. The old dog has a new trick.
Over time, my tastes have changed. Conduction’s fine, but that roasted-tin DV flavor really isn’t for me anymore. Which is a shame bc vapcaps were a mainstay of my Covid lockdown.

For that and actually fun memories, I haven’t gotten rid of them but I can’t bring myself to use them either. @coolbreeze’s post planted a seed that finally bore fruit:

Picked up a TRWW quartz cap in an epic Black Friday order where every single item was only included to make shipping. The cap was as close as it came to the star (tied for first w/ Lotus hot plates).

Early impressions are solid. Flavor is muted vs my convection portables, but there’s zero roasty undertone and the vapor goes for days. Love the full manual control— it might be the lighter talking, but heat up gives me Vapman vibes. A slightly too small o-ring angled across two fins holds the cap secure without choking off airflow.

Bc I haven’t been using my vapcaps, I also forgot how great the Revolve is. I would literally wonder if I was huffing on a spent bowl only to surprise myself with a monster cloud.

tl;dr Still dialing it in but safe to say my dynas are back in the game. $20 to turn your DV into a tiny convection manual is a no-brainer.

jonnyhambone

Sad story, got my first vape ever a month or 2 ago (Davinci IQ2) and it seems to have fallen out of my pocket sometime this weekend. I was thinking of getting a Dynavap sometime but now I’m pushed to order one this week probs. What should I get?! I’m sorta poor so want to make a good choice. The obvious seems to be an M+ but the WoodWynd is gorgeous and comes with the Helix tip which people seem to like a lot. Thanks for any advice.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Sad story, got my first vape ever a month or 2 ago (Davinci IQ2) and it seems to have fallen out of my pocket sometime this weekend. I was thinking of getting a Dynavap sometime but now I’m pushed to order one this week probs. What should I get?! I’m sorta poor so want to make a good choice. The obvious seems to be an M+ but the WoodWynd is gorgeous and comes with the Helix tip which people seem to like a lot. Thanks for any advice.

I've been living with the m+ pretty happily. It's nice because it's pretty idiot proof so long as you respect the click.

That said, you can really fine tune your experience if you take the time to hone in your technique.

I'm also told the woodwynd is incredible. So I'll probably be picking one up in a few months.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
The B or B starter pack are half bowl only, but offer a cheap way to see if you like what DV have to offer.:spliff:

The M range come with a full size bowl and have a solid stem.

coolbreeze

The M+ is a workhorse you'll be giving to the great-grandkids some day. The Woodwynd they'll have to pry from your cold hands. Both are awesome, but the Ms are so solid and relatively inexpensive I'd recommend that first. The Woodwynd is really special for its power and airflow (especially with the perforated cap) but it is a bit touchier to use and maybe a better upgrade after you're comfortable heating/controlling them.

On the other hand, both tips/caps will fit the other stem, so you could start with one and get the other tip and cap to check out the other experience before you leap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom