Finessseee

That should be great. I like the SS tips for water, and that one makes big clouds. I've been using the Helix to go through water lately because of the open airflow. The AC and FMJ are great for water, too, as is the 9-fin, another heavy-hitting tip.
Good to know. You think the Helix + AC is a fool proof combo for water? I like the idea of more open airflow. You using a torch or IH with the AC?

coolbreeze

Good to know. You think the Helix + AC is a fool proof combo for water? I like the idea of more open airflow. You using a torch or IH with the AC?
I've only used the torch with the AC so far, but I'll try it with the Inductor.

Sorta the opposite of what we've been talking about, I'm slipping in a recommendation for the RWW Glaas Caps which are amazing for this purpose and turn your DV into a convector for more versatility.

IMG-5899.jpg

The AC worked pretty well; I got one very large flavorful hit using the Inductor. I'll have to mess around a little to get a darker roast, which is simple to do with a torch. (Herb was a little browner than it looks in the pic).

IMG-5902.jpg

You will be able to get the results you want, but it will just take the kinds of adjustment and so forth you've already practiced. I had a heck of a time getting the Helix to go for more than one hit when I first got it (torch), so I know one-hit roasts are plenty possible! I've adjusted somehow so that it's like a normal tip for me now, but I know I can push it if I need to.

Edit: Second round took care of it. Flavor was still good, hit was still enormous, very nice airflow. Again, it's browner than the pic looks.
IMG-5905.jpg

Last edited:

Finessseee

I've only used the torch with the AC so far, but I'll try it with the Inductor.

Sorta the opposite of what we've been talking about, I'm slipping in a recommendation for the RWW Glaas Caps which are amazing for this purpose and turn your DV into a convector for more versatility.

IMG-5899.jpg

The AC worked pretty well; I got one very large flavorful hit using the Inductor. I'll have to mess around a little to get a darker roast, which is simple to do with a torch. (Herb was a little browner than it looks in the pic).

IMG-5902.jpg

You will be able to get the results you want, but it will just take the kinds of adjustment and so forth you've already practiced. I had a heck of a time getting the Helix to go for more than one hit when I first got it (torch), so I know one-hit roasts are plenty possible! I've adjusted somehow so that it's like a normal tip for me now, but I know I can push it if I need to.

Edit: Second round took care of it. Flavor was still good, hit was still enormous, very nice airflow. Again, it's browner than the pic looks.
IMG-5905.jpg
Nice setup! Just purchased a little wpa build with the b tip and captive cap. These new glass midsections are dope!

It’s going to be heavily dependent on price whether I’m on board the woodwynd train or not. Futo exists and I’ve had absolutely beautiful stems made by them, with the bonus that I was able to chose which wood the stems were made of, and their prices are extremely reasonable (35-40 at the entry level for the more inexpensive woods like padauk). Its going to be a tall order for a dynavap factory wooden stem to compete with that particularly if the quality of wood/craftsmanship is on par with for instance my Vong which IMO is a marked step down from the aftermarket options available.

Dressedspring1,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

It’s going to be heavily dependent on price whether I’m on board the woodwynd train or not. Futo exists and I’ve had absolutely beautiful stems made by them, with the bonus that I was able to chose which wood the stems were made of, and their prices are extremely reasonable (35-40 at the entry level for the more inexpensive woods like padauk). Its going to be a tall order for a dynavap factory wooden stem to compete with that particularly if the quality of wood/craftsmanship is on par with for instance my Vong which IMO is a marked step down from the aftermarket options available.
$150 for the complete vape, $45 for the body.

I get you, I have some Ed's stems and others I really love, but I welcome the return of official wooden bodies. The Vongs are what really made me look at DVs in the first place and the Woodies were already legendary objects of desire by that point. The aftermarket is to some degree a result of that too: the first aftermarketers were almost all wooden stem makers. Futo may never have the means to make a wooden M+ stem, for instance, but George wood!

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I'm on board too, should get here next week.

I saw a Jerry and the Pharisee review it and was sold once they started clicking the condenser/mouthpiece in and out of the stem. Looks nice!

Glad I'm not the only one. I haven't seen the think dank stream but as soon as I saw it was an in house wooden stem I was in.

I adore my m+. But I still regret getting rid of my og Ti blackwood woody

Finessseee

Can y’all help me rank these 5 IHs? $100~

2 are compact UFO IHs with non-replaceable batteries. Size is ideal, but once the batteries are dead it’ll only worked while plugged in anyway.

1 is a Koil Boi desktop IH that’s plugged into the wall. I guess I could use a torch for room to room and KB at my desk?

1 is the new YLL IH that requires extra battery purchases and seems more complex in terms of narrowing down settings?

1 is the Wand which seems solid, but you have to use it like a torch and comes with extra dab accessories that I’ll never use.

Not sure which will be best for me as I just purchased a Dynavap B with glass midsection, but the cap won’t click so I’m waiting on a replacement. I’ll fine tune the torch, but may still want an IH down the road so doing my homework now. How would y’all rank these 5? I’ll mainly use my Dynavap at home, but may want to use it from room to room.

coolbreeze

2 are compact UFO IHs with non-replaceable batteries. Size is ideal, but once the batteries are dead it’ll only worked while plugged in anyway.

1 is a Koil Boi desktop IH that’s plugged into the wall. I guess I could use a torch for room to room and KB at my desk?

1 is the new YLL IH that requires extra battery purchases and seems more complex in terms of narrowing down settings?

1 is the Wand which seems solid, but you have to use it like a torch and comes with extra dab accessories that I’ll never use.

Not sure which will be best for me as I just purchased a Dynavap B with glass midsection, but the cap won’t click so I’m waiting on a replacement. I’ll fine tune the torch, but may still want an IH down the road so doing my homework now. How would y’all rank these 5? I’ll mainly use my Dynavap at home, but may want to use it from room to room.
The Wand is all it's cracked up to be. The SkullKandy insert is perfect and it transformed the wand after i struggled with it a bit for a few days. I'm not sure what you mean by 'use it like torch,' but you do not have to invert and hold it over the tip; I use mine like the others, on the desktop with the DV inserted from above. Only real downside is others may be smaller. One vote for the Wand!

condition

Go with the wand. I have the glass insert and the carbon one which I prefer. Lately I use the VHB 3D 3S IH and I am hooked, since I got it, I use it exclusively, but costs 80% more and is not readily available. If you order the wand you better include a DV adapter. Glass adapter works better with low temp cap. You should own a low temp cap anyway 😉

Finessseee

Go with the wand. I have the glass insert and the carbon one which I prefer. Lately I use the VHB 3D 3S IH and I am hooked, since I got it, I use it exclusively, but costs 80% more and is not readily available. If you order the wand you better include a DV adapter. Glass adapter works better with low temp cap. You should own a low temp cap anyway 😉
Good to know! Thanks y’all. My first captive cap was a dud and didn’t click.. Dynavap quickly sent out a new one so let’s hope this one works! I’ll try getting the torch method down in the meantime and then maybe order the Wand around BF. Are the inserts absolutely necessary?

Finessseee,

coolbreeze

Good to know! Thanks y’all. My first captive cap was a dud and didn’t click.. Dynavap quickly sent out a new one so let’s hope this one works! I’ll try getting the torch method down in the meantime and then maybe order the Wand around BF. Are the inserts absolutely necessary?
They make a big difference. Without the insert you have to visually line up and hold the tip in the right spot, with it you set it in and listen for the clicks.

Smokey McVape

I am OCD about cleaning and do it often. I seen to “fat finger” the orings when I remove and replace them for cleaning. I use the Dynawax.
A little trick for removing/replacing O-Rings - I use a toothpick. Put the point under the o-ring and just roll it off.

Smokey McVape,

condition

Hi guys, do you lube your o-rings? I got a Vaseline look a like from Dynavap and apply it at the tip's o-rings. But is it safe to inhale it after the application?

condition,

Principal Guy

Lee from Table Top Bong does a good review of the Ti Helix tip in the video below. Before I watched it I was luke warm about the idea of adding the Helix to my collection but Lee's enthusiasm and insightful explanations of the new tip features has me sold. More flavor plus added convection is welcome innovation.

Thanks to all for keeping this thread active over summer.
I too enjoy Lee’s videos. I like his zen-like attitude and genuine enthusiasm for all things cannabis.

PeteyS

Hi all, Ive been using a dynavap for about two years, its actually my very first vaporizer, and even though i don't use it every day, i still come back to it.
My style of dynavapping has always been one hit extractions. Trying to get maximum vapour and taking the avb to dark brown, usually doing one heat up cycle without hitting it, once i hear the cool down click, i heat it up 3-5 seconds past the click for a Giant hit.
However my style has changed over to lower temp hits, more to saviour the flavour, and not get so whacked in the day time.

Since the dyna doesn't have a temp gauge or setting , what is the best way to go about low temping with the dynavap. Do i basically heat it up to the click, and stop once the avb gets to the colour I want. In other words, I have to control when to toss the avb.
I have a orion IH, and a torch.

Thanks, all!.

Pete.

kendon

Are you aware that there is a low temp cap, made for this purpose? While it is possible to get a feeling for the heat and control it manually the low temp cap would probably be a more pragmatic option.

coolbreeze

Hi all, Ive been using a dynavap for about two years, its actually my very first vaporizer, and even though i don't use it every day, i still come back to it.
My style of dynavapping has always been one hit extractions. Trying to get maximum vapour and taking the avb to dark brown, usually doing one heat up cycle without hitting it, once i hear the cool down click, i heat it up 3-5 seconds past the click for a Giant hit.
However my style has changed over to lower temp hits, more to saviour the flavour, and not get so whacked in the day time.

Since the dyna doesn't have a temp gauge or setting , what is the best way to go about low temping with the dynavap. Do i basically heat it up to the click, and stop once the avb gets to the colour I want. In other words, I have to control when to toss the avb.
I have a orion IH, and a torch.

Thanks, all!.

Pete.
Are you aware that there is a low temp cap, made for this purpose? While it is possible to get a feeling for the heat and control it manually the low temp cap would probably be a more pragmatic option.
Low temp cap is perfect. You could also just go with a less aggressive heating style: Cap horizontal rotated over vertical ,5" flame, just outside the inner blue and halfway up the cap to the clicks. If that's still too dark, move the flame up a tad further toward the clickers.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Smknbud
Top Bottom