• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

coolbreeze

A few months back they tried cashing in on the 19m love by selling old C-vaps (which are meant to be free) for more than the price of the original 19m. I guess I’m just fed up with the profiteering
I'll agree with what I understand to be your overall point: that they have made marketing pushes that scan as dishonest or unseemly. My Phantom was a mix of fully-functional '19 and '20 parts, sold as a '19 PhantoM. I was disappointed in the mischaracterization, not the quality of the piece. They should probably not try to be clever unless they're actually being clever.

I have no problem with them making goods at whatever price point: if they can profiteer by making the most awesome $200 M ever, even if the materials, traditions, etc say otherwise, more power to them. But I'd appreciated them not calling it an 'Omni.'

Last edited:

gotbadvas

IMHO, the Ti tip feels healthier, quicker extraction, quicker cool down, weighs 3gr~ vs 5.8gr~ of SS tip, so it won't hurt the wooden stem too much (if you will use it) , a winner vs SS !
Do all the Ti tips have the taper for omni condenser now?

gotbadvas,

My_50p_worth

I have no problem with them making goods at whatever price point: if they can profiteer by making the most awesome $200 M ever, even if the materials, traditions, etc say otherwise, more power to them. But I'd appreciated them not calling it an 'Omni.'

You’ve summed it up quite well there dude!

The market always speaks for itself, sell what you want for whatever price you want and buyers will decide if it’s viable. I think that’s very fair to both parties. People complain about Apple prices for example but they’re at that level because those same people continue buying

I just hope DV stop burning goodwill and start earning goodwill because I do love the product.. and it was my first ever vape

coolbreeze

I just hope DV stop burning goodwill and start earning goodwill because I do love the product..
It's why I'd rather the 7-fin didn't take too much away from the vault, which should rightly earn goodwill. The Vault is a much nicer thing for them to do than the average marketing push. I love being able to get an '18 M!

Even if...
RS7137_2018Mfullunit.png

Ceci n'est pas une M 2018.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,

My_50p_worth

It's why I'd rather the 7-fin didn't take too much away from the vault, which should rightly earn goodwill. The Vault is a much nicer thing for them to do than the average marketing push. I love being able to get an '18 M!

Even if...
RS7137_2018Mfullunit.png

Ceci n'est pas une M 2018.
Yeah, one thing I’ll definitely admit is that the vault is an awesome idea! I said a while ago that it’d be an easy win for them to have a corner of the store with some old stuff
I hope the vault continues. It’s also cool that with the new new caps these remakes will perform the same in IH as they used to.. which is a pretty big deal IMO

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: coolbreeze

simba

@weedanwine
I think I share many of the negative opinions here about the direction Dynavap has gone, but I kinda tuned out of their developments a few years ago as I saw things getting worse.

I managed to find 3 SS 2018 tips from VapeWellness a while back, so along with another 2018 tip I already had, I've been using those on my custom stems. I did checkout the last M and really didn't like it so gave it away.

I think it's easier to ignore Dynavap considering all the amazing 3rd party options we have now. I've got Aezennwood and Glass Charlie stems which are my daily drivers and a Simrell one for when I'm out and about. Keeps me happy enough tbh.

The vault is cool though and I'm considering whether to buy some more 2018 M models for the tips.

My main regret is giving away my original M, I don't know if my memories are rose-tinted, but I remember that tip as being one of their best.

XiniX

I see... I'd open a Classified thread if I were you.... expect to pay around 100$ or more.... I think?
Thank you for the suggestion. I bought some items on r/entexchange (we know what happened), maybe I should open a classified indeed. I had the feeling the market is now scattered over (several) discords, reddit & fc. The added problem is I need to find someone in EU, otherwise it gets extra expensive. Spending 100e on an M that might be offered in the vault anywhere in the future, makes it a risky 'investment'. I bought the 18M for 40e in EU, less shipping and better deals to find. I really loved to scroll and hunt to cure my v. a. s.. I hope all (w) & (h) will find one communal channel again.
I will check out classified my often, thanks again. Have a nice weekend!

Peace

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hey Combustionfuckers! Quick question: does anyone know what kind of polarization is needed for a magnet to hold a DV cap? I know there are several variations like top / bottom, left / right or outer ring / inner circle and I have a hard time wrapping my head around that. A friend of mine wants to make a small stand for my DVs including some magnets, that's why I need to know. Which kind is used on the Dynastashes?

ellis d. tripp

Hey Combustionfuckers! Quick question: does anyone know what kind of polarization is needed for a magnet to hold a DV cap? I know there are several variations like top / bottom, left / right or outer ring / inner circle and I have a hard time wrapping my head around that. A friend of mine wants to make a small stand for my DVs including some magnets, that's why I need to know. Which kind is used on the Dynastashes?
Diametric.

My_50p_worth

all this “vault release” stuff feels like it is devaluing my collection and making it less special.

I mean it’s as special as you feel it is IMO. These vault releases don’t take away the memories and nostalgia your devices conjure up, plus you’ll always know yours are the actual originals.

I personally love when you post photos of your collection and I don’t feel that DV bringing back old classics for those that missed them makes it any less impressive

Maybe some slight aesthetic tweaks to the vault releases so they’re obviously not the “OG’s” will be a good middle ground?

coolbreeze

Maybe some slight aesthetic tweaks to the vault releases so they’re obviously not the “OG’s” will be a good middle ground?
Yeah, they could mix say, one classic M body with another M's pieces...speaking of which, I confess I love the mixed Omnis. Not gonna get one as I'm fairly well Omnied, but not a bad looking frankenvape at all!

Jumped on a “G”. I’ve been to scared to use my OG Glassy so this is a nice solution. The retro cap is cool. I must admit though, all this “vault release” stuff feels like it is devaluing my collection and making it less special.
291-CB693-2-A00-4-E02-819-F-B174994970-A5.jpg
I grabbed one too, mostly because I searched high and low for an OG a few years ago with no luck, and while these are someone else's design and product (if I'm not mistaken), if it functions, close enough for curiosity. They look like fun.

Also, I love your posts, as well. +1

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

Yeah, they could mix say, one classic M body with another M's pieces...speaking of which, I confess I love the mixed Omnis. Not gonna get one as I'm fairly well Omnied, but not a bad looking frankenvape at all!

Hard agree, that would be awesome!

I mean look, a lot of us old heads have been complaining for years that DV are getting further from the original performance of the devices. They’re finally listening and offering the option of our old favourites, AND the OG caps.

For me that’s something I can only praise

Top Bottom