coolbreeze

I don’t, but I understand what’s so special about them!

Basically they have a little bit more mass than a 5 fin, which helps them roast a little more evenly and stay hot a little longer. I believe the last run of 7-fin also had more restrictive airflow grooves, but still had the Omni compatible taper

Apparently the Vong tip is the same weight and performs somewhat similar but with a more open airflow, I’ve seen that thrown around a few times now

Personally I wouldn’t buy one for 77, for not too much more money you can get a whole other vape like an XMAX or Vapman ;)
Mine from the 'freebie' run has no internal taper - using on my omni condensers is disappointing.
Thanks, guys, exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to know!

condition

I own the Omni 21 with 7 fins and the previous omni with 5 fins. I find that the 21 model cools a bit more the vapor and helps the cap to click a bit faster too, but other variables play way bigger role in both cooling and heating. I bought the Omni 21 together with the new Orion 2 IH and I regretted buying both, as I didn't use it much. Now that I own the FMJ I am using it more while I am waiting for the wand. The 7 fins tip seems to work better with the captive cap so its kind of better with FMJ also. I use the 21 with the condenser extended 70% or more.

coolbreeze

I own the Omni 21 with 7 fins and the previous omni with 5 fins. I find that the 21 model cools a bit more the vapor and helps the cap to click a bit faster too, but other variables play way bigger role in both cooling and heating. I bought the Omni 21 together with the new Orion 2 IH and I regretted buying both, as I didn't use it much. Now that I own the FMJ I am using it more while I am waiting for the wand. The 7 fins tip seems to work better with the captive cap so its kind of better with FMJ also. I use the 21 with the condenser extended 70% or more.
Do you mean the '21 Omni with its native tip, or the new/old 7-fin Ti tip? If the 7, do you find besides the cap holding better any other factors that you like? How does it compare to the 21 Omni tip either with or without the FMJ?

Idk why I'm making you guys do all this work, one's on the way so I'll find out. Trying to anticipate its best uses, I guess.

My_50p_worth

Idk why I'm making you guys do all this work, one's on the way so I'll find out. Trying to anticipate its best uses, I guess.

Please upload pics when it arrives!

I’m curious what run these will be from. I’m imagining they’ll be the same style as the most recent run. Basically a 2020 5 fin with 7 fins

Curiously, George also tried selling those for $77 but then gave them out free (up to 7 per person I believe) after some backlash

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: coolbreeze

condition

Do you mean the '21 Omni with its native tip, or the new/old 7-fin Ti tip? If the 7, do you find besides the cap holding better any other factors that you like? How does it compare to the 21 Omni tip either with or without the FMJ?

Sorry it's my mistake, I have the 9 fin model. I don't have the 7 fin, I will also watch here to see if it is worth to upgrade from 9 to 7 fin.

coolbreeze

Please upload pics when it arrives!

I’m curious what run these will be from. I’m imagining they’ll be the same style as the most recent run. Basically a 2020 5 fin with 7 fins

Curiously, George also tried selling those for $77 but then gave them out free (up to 7 per person I believe) after some backlash
I remember it well! It was hilariously fucked up. Well...here we are...inflation, y'know. Actually, I just wanted to try one and see if it's about anything. It is a dumb price i will grant you that. All these vault pieces allegedly will be as original as possible, but the one shown does look like the recent one, iirc, rather than the old old one. I will try to get some decent pics with my sorry camera when it comes.

coolbreeze

Dang, I just got the '18 M and it won't stop making vapor!!!

Apologies to the vault-deprived, no insensitivity intended.

Edit: It stopped. First heating (small Eagle .5" inner flame): 2 massive hits; totally spent dark avb. More testing in progress.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: Franco

Gray Area

Yeah the 18m was the best imo...I regret selling mine, i will get one if they sell them on EU site.
Yeah, me too, but I only really want the tip. I have one (and another from the first Phantom M run, the ones that went rusty), but want a second straight ss one.

Gray Area,
Reactions: Shorner

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Dang, I just got the '18 M and it won't stop making vapor!!!

Apologies to the vault-deprived, no insensitivity intended.

Edit: It stopped. First heating (small Eagle .5" inner flame): 2 massive hits; totally spent dark avb. More testing in progress.
Since they put the older logo on them, the new vault units should be made with the newer cap material. I don't doubt the offerings have a nice hot cap. And I am also happy to see people recognize this significant improvement.

BallzMcVinegar

Since they put the older logo on them, the new vault units should be made with the newer cap material. I don't doubt the offerings have a nice hot cap. And I am also happy to see people recognize this significant improvement.
It is good to hear the change back is being noticed already. Im still hesistant to buy a few caps yet. I suppose I could request they double check its a batch 3 cap. I thought I was crazy when I got my 2020m and wasnt sure why just adding dimples changed the results so much. Your research in the resistance properties of the different year caps was clutch. It spoke Georges language and Im glad he made sure the next batch had the older formula. I just kinda feel bad for those that started with a 2020 and couldnt get big results so they gave up on it.

My_50p_worth

I’m so glad George changed the caps back, I remember being on here pretty recently and having discussions with a few users that were convinced it wasn’t even a thing.

Just gonna bask in the “I told ya so” because I’m usually on the other end of it :rofl:

@BallzMcVinegar Just imagine starting with that 20m and weak cap, paired with one of Dynavap’s own IH.. now that would be an interesting first impression for a newbie!

Although, with the new caps and the wand on the DV store I think right now is a great time to enter the Dynaverse. Hopefully future posts from happy newbs confirm this

Last edited:

BallzMcVinegar

:rofl:

@BallzMcVinegar Just imagine starting with that 20m and weak cap, paired with one of Dynavap’s own IH.. now that would be an interesting first impression for a newbie!
I havent even tried any of the manufactured IHs. Im still using a Beasthoss that I bought when Beasthoss was still actually making them in 2019. Its never given me an issue to justify "upgrading" but that new Mad Heaters IH looks like it will be worth keeping an eye on . The weak 2020 cap I got was horrible in my IH and that was where I knew something wasnt right with the caps. I need to use a Jhook and toke while its still in the IH so I can see how far past the click I have to go without combustion. I probably should have bought a wand but I dont travel with my stuff often enough.

BallzMcVinegar,

My_50p_worth

I havent even tried any of the manufactured IHs. Im still using a Beasthoss that I bought when Beasthoss was still actually making them in 2019. Its never given me an issue to justify "upgrading" but that new Mad Heaters IH looks like it will be worth keeping an eye on . The weak 2020 cap I got was horrible in my IH and that was where I knew something wasnt right with the caps. I need to use a Jhook and toke while its still in the IH so I can see how far past the click I have to go without combustion. I probably should have bought a wand but I dont travel with my stuff often enough.
Honestly man if you’ve found something that works then there’s never a true need to upgrade! There’s guys on this thread that have gotten a tune out of the most problematic of IH and made it work.

Totally agree with the sense, if it works as advertised I just don’t see much of a point going back to the current crop of IH - even the wand which I’m always singing the praises of.

Noobs and power users alike will love the sense

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: TommyDee

Notcoded419

Travel is why I'm considering grabbing an IH again. I prefer the torch, but occasionally using it outside, on the go, or in the upcoming freezing winter is a pain. Trying to convince myself to wait for the sense now. I didn't love the wand (kept combusting). The vhb carbon mini also looks like it'd meet my needs. One-handed use is a key factor for me.

Notcoded419,

My_50p_worth

Travel is why I'm considering grabbing an IH again. I prefer the torch, but occasionally using it outside, on the go, or in the upcoming freezing winter is a pain. Trying to convince myself to wait for the sense now. I didn't love the wand (kept combusting). The vhb carbon mini also looks like it'd meet my needs. One-handed use is a key factor for me.
I had the VHB carbon mini and loved it, I only upgraded to a wand due to the instant adaptability it offered.

Two things:

The batteries aren’t replaceable but it can be charged with a power bank so it’s a non issue really.

The stock plug is crap if you want max extraction. Pull it out and replace it with a cork plug - it allows the DV to sit lower AND makes the bottom of the plug flush with the body

Highly recommend VHB products

Notcoded419

I had the VHB carbon mini and loved it, I only upgraded to a wand due to the instant adaptability it offered.

Two things:

The batteries aren’t replaceable but it can be charged with a power bank so it’s a non issue really.

The stock plug is crap if you want max extraction. Pull it out and replace it with a cork plug - it allows the DV to sit lower AND makes the bottom of the plug flush with the body

Highly recommend VHB products
If you don't mind my asking, what do you mean by instant adaptability? The fact that you can handle it like a torch as opposed to most IH's being designed to rest on a flat surface? Sometimes I think I gave up on the wand too quick...

I'd have already gone for the koil boi (buy local) but I think you have to hold the button down. The vhb seems like the same device only more compact and no need to keep pressing while it heats.

Notcoded419,
Reactions: condition
Top Bottom