• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Looks like George decided to remanufacture some of DV's past favorites. Wonder if there are any new improved models being developed?
dvff.png

My_50p_worth

Looks like George decided to remanufacture some of DV's past favorites. Wonder if there are any new improved models being developed?
dvff.png

Absolutely atrocious pricing on the 7 fin.

Other than that it’s not *too* bad for DV standards. I hope these aren’t more pocket parts like that 19m reissue though.

Awesome for some of the newer users though, I hope they’re of the correct quality so you can enjoy them as we all have

coolbreeze

Is the shomni that good? What makes you all prefer it over the longer one or the newer '21 version?
Ok, to be honest in my case it's mostly style. I really love the '21 for flavor and clouds. That said, the older Omnis are lightweight, beautiful, and have the other Ti bowl/Omni benefits (flavor, quick heatups/cooldowns; adjustable flow, etc). The Shorty is the first and thus classic-er, but the XL is a joy to handle, especially if you're a torch person. Despite the fact that the stems are very similar, I love that both the Shomni and the XL are somehow very visually balanced individually; I think that's one of the sources of appeal--the Shomni just looks so damn nice! I love the Hydrovongs because you have all that and some wood! It's bong-native, and you can shut down the air intake and shoot the vapor straight through the glass. Plus, that stem is the best spinner. It's worth it even without the Omni inside: just as a spinner, it's the best. Love that damn vape.

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Awesome! I was waiting for these to show up! Is there any difference/benefit/loss in heat retention or whatever?

Edit: Also, that's insanely beautiful!
Not at all! :nod: those holes are for style and do not diminish performance a tad!:tup:and thanks! I keep staring at it... and staring at it...then hit it while staring at it:razz:

Vape Cloud City

Ok, to be honest in my case it's mostly style. I really love the '21 for flavor and clouds. That said, the older Omnis are lightweight, beautiful, and have the other Ti bowl/Omni benefits (flavor, quick heatups/cooldowns; adjustable flow, etc). The Shorty is the first and thus classic-er, but the XL is a joy to handle, especially if you're a torch person. Despite the fact that the stems are very similar, I love that both the Shomni and the XL are somehow very visually balanced individually; I think that's one of the sources of appeal--the Shomni just looks so damn nice! I love the Hydrovongs because you have all that and some wood! It's bong-native, and you can shut down the air intake and shoot the vapor straight through the glass. Plus, that stem is the best spinner. It's worth it even without the Omni inside: just as a spinner, it's the best. Love that damn vape.
Appreciate the explanation! I don't have an Omni yet at all and been kind of wanting one since I like my VonG so much. I wanted to wait until they released a really cool one to buy instead of just the regular one and when I saw the old Omni's get released I thought it might be neat to pick up the shomni because it's so classic.

I've been seeing it get posted in various places a lot lately and people seem to love it so I wondered if it was just the sentimental value or if it was really that good. I may end up picking one up because I'm a sucker for monetary-punishment.

Vape Cloud City,

coolbreeze

just the sentimental value or if it was really that good
It's twice the price of a '21 M. Not sure it's twice as good, but the refinements are nice and do add to the experience. I've never had second thoughts about mine, I'm pleased to have it.

Edit: If you love the Shorty, get one, you won't regret it. But if you're open to the XL, it's nicer insofar as its vapor may be a bit cooler and it's easier to spin.

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

This pretty much explains it for me. I can get better clouds and harder hits from a 19m tip and revolve stem, but the omni/shomni is a real classic that appeals to the old heads and shows you know your stuff.

Also helps that it’s probably the best looking vape DV have ever made, everything flows together so well and it’s perfectly balanced in hand.

So basically it’s a shallow kind of ego thing :rofl:

coolbreeze

Last edited:

gotbadvas

Anyone else try using bigger torches with their dynavap? I was playing with my new Ronx on single flame turned down pretty much as far as I can and it seems to work well. Just a normal old omni with no fmj or anything. Doesn't seem that much different than my trusty single flame honest or aomai slim. I am just keeping it in the outer portion of the flame not the inner tip. I am using a full bowl of hash so maybe it will be too much with flower but it will be a while to finish this bowl and try with some herb lol.

coolbreeze

Does anyone have the 7-fin tip? Does it behave noticeably differently and if so how so? Do you use it for any particular purpose, or does it lend itself it any particular use? Thanks.

coolbreeze,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Does anyone have the 7-fin tip? Does it behave noticeably differently and if so how so? Do you use it for any particular purpose, or does it lend itself it any particular use? Thanks.

I’m sure you get tons of opinions on this topic.

I received one during a FREE DV promotion. They were always discussed as the great unicorn from the past. Some feel there are differences between the 7-Fin offered in the past 1-2 years from some OG versions, and there are comparison photos too, so it’s down the RABBIT HOLE, if you can afford $77.00, or whatever.

I’m no tip collector or connoisseur, I don’t notice any discernible difference compared to my standard Ti tips…. But…
it looks really COOL on my Simrell MVS. :)

coolbreeze

But…
it looks really COOL on my Simrell MVS. :)
Thanks! They describe it as faster cooling so I was thinking of using it on an Omnivong, to take it a little easier on the wood. Speaking of which, is it longer than standard? I wonder if the Omni fits the same as is does a standard Ti or if the taper is deeper?

Last edited:
coolbreeze,

My_50p_worth

I don’t, but I understand what’s so special about them!

Basically they have a little bit more mass than a 5 fin, which helps them roast a little more evenly and stay hot a little longer. I believe the last run of 7-fin also had more restrictive airflow grooves, but still had the Omni compatible taper

Apparently the Vong tip is the same weight and performs somewhat similar but with a more open airflow, I’ve seen that thrown around a few times now

Personally I wouldn’t buy one for 77, for not too much more money you can get a whole other vape like an XMAX or Vapman ;)

Top Bottom