• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Like the handling of the cap with the FMJ being more difficult and risky, I conceived this small leather "safety ring" which makes it possible to remove and put back the hot cap quickly and without worries.
Just put the ring around the cap (+FMJ) and press lightly at the base to tighten and manipulate it.
Here on FC, i'll offer one to those who will buy a sleeve (adapted to the FMJ too) for their Dyna, size M, Omni/xl or bigger.

StringTheorista

Been doing that for a while even to lift my regular caps. It’s a great simple solution
E9122-F6-D-844-B-4799-8077-1-D5348-F6-AB6-E.jpg
PS: love your work, Duba

vaporculture

Been doing that for a while even to lift my regular caps. It’s a great simple solution
PS: love your work, Duba
Agreed -- Duba is putting out some really fine work.

Here is the pouch I keep my Omni and Aomai in. Works great to pull a hot cap when I'm on the go. The leather handles the heat quite well.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Does anybody have an alternate screen they prefer in their Dynvaps? Preferably with better longevity than the stock.
I like the mesh screens from DDave Mods. Better airflow and easier to clean. Which overall improves flavor as well. For me.

Hats off to Austyn. The Simrell FMJ is the bomb. I put it on an MVS and used it through my newest water piece, the Chill and I was blown away. I used a Blazer PT4000 for all but one heating cycle. And I experimented with the Firefox once. Just spent the past hour ‘practicing’, and only had one near combustion event. The first click is dampened by the FMJ, so I was a bit slow to respond. Once. Two more practice tries and I’ve got it down. I like the PT4000, it’s easier to get the right flame size, but I’m not a huge fan of the form factor.

Suggestions?

I have two other stems that I use so I’ll pick up two more FMJ’s and Captive Caps in some future order. But Austyn continues to find ways to keep me returning to the vapcap. Kudos.

Vape_Or_Die420

Is it all in my head or am I tasting a metallic taste on the first hit or two off a new FMJ? I have 2 of them and I swear my mouth tasted like a penny the first time I used them. After a couple uses I don't notice it at all.

Very impressed by mine btw.

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: endof3d

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Is it all in my head or am I tasting a metallic taste on the first hit or two off a new FMJ? I have 2 of them and I swear my mouth tasted like a penny the first time I used them. After a couple uses I don't notice it at all.

Maybe from handling everything? Seems unlikely to enter the vapor stream off the cap...

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud

Its not all in your head, I get some metallic taste as well.
It completely put me off using it for a couple of days.
But I tried it out again and the taste seemed to have faded somewhat.

The joys of being a super taster. :spliff:

Alligator427

Just received the FMJ. Work very well with the revolve, vong Tip and RONXS torch : big and tasty clouds. I fire first in the midle that give me a big first hit and second smaller. I fire a second time but near the top (otherwise combustion) and I can have also a nice hit. Color of AVB is more homogeneous (yellow-amber like I love). The stem is very hot at the end of the session even at the level of the airflow hole.
I taste it also with a glass tip-stem. It work but it is not the best way.

Last edited:

bulllee

Agent Provocateur

:lol::lol::lol:
What happens if you breathe copper fumes?

Inhalation of copper oxide fumes may cause irritation of the upper respiratory tract and may result in a form of metal fume fever, characterized by flu-like symptoms such as chills, fever, nausea, and vomiting.Jun 4, 2018

COPPER METAL SAFETY DATA SHEET​

Steamer

I like the mesh screens from DDave Mods. Better airflow and easier to clean. Which overall improves flavor as well. For me.
I wanted those for a while now, they should open up the airflow on my 19M just a little bit more. Unfortunately it's hard to track them down here in the EU...
Do you know the exact diameter and the mesh size? Or an idea on where to find them in the EU?

Steamer,

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I wanted those for a while now, they should open up the airflow on my 19M just a little bit more. Unfortunately it's hard to track them down here in the EU...
Do you know the exact diameter and the mesh size? Or an idea on where to find them in the EU?
Sorry I don't.

beyond6strings,

Smokey McVape

Hard to find them within the EU. I got mine here from a guy in the US.

Smokey McVape,
Reactions: Steamer

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
:lol::lol::lol:
What happens if you breathe copper fumes?

Inhalation of copper oxide fumes may cause irritation of the upper respiratory tract and may result in a form of metal fume fever, characterized by flu-like symptoms such as chills, fever, nausea, and vomiting.Jun 4, 2018

COPPER METAL SFETY DATA SHEET

Thanks for posting this info, much appreciated.
I tend to be overly cautious, my immune system likes to go haywire over the seemingly smallest things.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Hiya, I want to take a Dynavap with FMJ to Portugal this summer.
Does anyone have any knowledge of what butane gas refill brands are available in shops there please? I'm looking for the equivalent of the "Near Zero Impurities" brands we have in the UK to keep my torch lighters from failing.
Failing that, has anyone had much success using a Bic lighter with an FMJ as an alternative heating method? There is a gas ring there but I'm looking for a solution that can be used in places other than just the kitchen. Thanks

StringTheorista

You might consider a candle as a Bic alternative. I think a bic would get uncomfortably hot in the loooong time it would need to be lit to heat the fmj. Candle in a tin with a lid, maybe?

Or an alcohol lamp. Check out George’s video on YouTube about heating with alcohol,lamp. Very clean, alcohol should be available where you’re going.

Squidge

Butane powered
Hiya, I want to take a Dynavap with FMJ to Portugal this summer.
Does anyone have any knowledge of what butane gas refill brands are available in shops there please? I'm looking for the equivalent of the "Near Zero Impurities" brands we have in the UK to keep my torch lighters from failing.
Failing that, has anyone had much success using a Bic lighter with an FMJ as an alternative heating method? There is a gas ring there but I'm looking for a solution that can be used in places other than just the kitchen. Thanks
Found a tobacconist online based in Lisbon who sold Newport Gas so I don't think you'll have that many problems getting what you need

Top Bottom