HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Yes it is. It is pretty. It is a shelf queen as it's never been used. It was one of those purchases I made because I was new to vaping and thought it was so neat I could have someone make something beautiful. It is very nice, he did a great job, but not something I needed with my lifestyle.

3l3tric

Finally pulled the trigger on an M welcome kit. I've been meaning to pick one up for awhile now, so it kinda stings to pay $60 when I've seen it as low as $40 while waiting, but I did want it for an upcoming event and didn't mind paying the extra "premium". I'll be sure to update this thread with impressions once it comes in, but I'm definitely excited for its capabilities as a microdosing device.

EDIT: I've done a deep dive on some of these things before, but my memory's a bit hazy and there's so much to dig through in the thread. These do best with a medium grind, right? Or should I go for a more "coarse spice" fine type grind at the risk of particulates getting through the screen? Also, how do you tend to pack the bowl? Should I just loosely dump the bud in and smooth it down with a thin tamping rod, or should I try to compress it slightly like packing a traditional pipe? As a bonus question: What's the main piece of knowledge you wish you had as a first-timer with this device?

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Man, this thing is next level.
5006-DCAD-E9-A2-432-A-822-D-6-D5-FF17-C52-B8.jpg

E480591-E-9-BA6-40-C7-A056-CF1-AECDA6-E1-F.jpg

photo credit O’Connell Woodworks

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Finally pulled the trigger on an M welcome kit. I've been meaning to pick one up for awhile now, so it kinda stings to pay $60 when I've seen it as low as $40 while waiting, but I did want it for an upcoming event and didn't mind paying the extra "premium". I'll be sure to update this thread with impressions once it comes in, but I'm definitely excited for its capabilities as a microdosing device.

EDIT: I've done a deep dive on some of these things before, but my memory's a bit hazy and there's so much to dig through in the thread. These do best with a medium grind, right? Or should I go for a more "coarse spice" fine type grind at the risk of particulates getting through the screen? Also, how do you tend to pack the bowl? Should I just loosely dump the bud in and smooth it down with a thin tamping rod, or should I try to compress it slightly like packing a traditional pipe? As a bonus question: What's the main piece of knowledge you wish you had as a first-timer with this device?
Controversial but for me, getting an ih was the game changer. Went from one not used m to over 10 stems and tips used every day.
The rest (packing, grind) is best for you to decide having a play.

jabba

Medium grind will suffice. As stated earlier a GOOD induction heater is hard to beat (and a crap induction heater isn't worth your time or money). That said, the newb time learning with a torch can teach a lot to a user that pays attention. Ignore all triple flame torches and use a single jet. Remember that you are not trying to rush the clicks but rather slow roast to achieve click in 12-20 seconds +/-. When you learn torch technique and tire of it, get a good IH and never look back. You'll still torch on occasions as needs require.

Slow roast. Don't pack tightly. Torch technique.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Ignore all triple flame torches and use a single jet. Remember that you are not trying to rush the clicks but rather slow roast to achieve click in 12-20 seconds +/-. When you learn torch technique and tire of it, get a good IH and never look back. You'll still torch on occasions as needs require.
This. The most common heating technique problem is heating too fast. If you have problems with this (or any) technique, you may be too close to the flame. Half inch high inner single flame, spinning tip just at or beyond the outer flame, just to the clicks. Works with every tip/cap unless the wind interferes.

3l3tric

Thanks for the advice @coolbreeze @jabba and @Chicken No Name ! An IH is definitely on my shortlist of future accessories (Probably going to end up with one of Pipes', but when the time comes I'll be doing a deep dive to make sure it's the best one for me)

Unfortunately the welcome kit does come with a triple torch rather than the single y'all recommended, but I'll be sure to pay attention to orientation and position so I don't end up heating the cap too fast. I'll definitely be taking the advice on the image guide to heart and try a couple dry runs without product and see if I can hit that 12-20 second heatup time consistently.

jabba

That O'Connell/VHB device is so cool!!!

Haven't seen too many posts about the Mad Heaters Revolve Stem. Been playing with it for a few days and I'm beyond impressed with the build quality, features and most importantly, the vapor quality.

So how is the craftsmanship and quality of the build on those stems? Would you say it's on par with Simrell? I held up on buying this until I heard more reactions. There's an awful lot of parts and pieces with that system and I wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with it all or not.

jabba,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That O'Connell/VHB device is so cool!!!

Haven't seen too many posts about the Mad Heaters Revolve Stem. Been playing with it for a few days and I'm beyond impressed with the build quality, features and most importantly, the vapor quality.

There is an entire thread on the IH, and the now shipping STEMS:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Nice. I went with the polished Ti too. What tip is that? Did you get the Reload? That thing looks really handy for using when out and about with a Dyna.
It's the 2020. I didn't get one with my first order but am getting a Relode

So how is the craftsmanship and quality of the build on those stems? Would you say it's on par with Simrell? I held up on buying this until I heard more reactions. There's an awful lot of parts and pieces with that system and I wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with it all or not.
Build quality and tolerances on my unit are on par with or exceeds its competitors. I can't find anything not cleanly cut or polished. When you mentioned parts I went and took it apart and there are only 3 parts. They are easy to manage and are not small. I can't speak to cleaning them when they are really gunked up though.

@coolbreeze I love that it is a feature cuz I ended up locking mine. The ability to fine tune it is what is so great about this stem.

Top Bottom