dadan

Define what makes one of these tips 'satisfying' and the other 'miserable'. Airflow?
I find no difference in air flow, simply one produces delicious clouds of vapor the other skimpy farts without satisfaction :). All sharing the same (samesame) material, cap, stem and induction heater. The only thing I haven't tried to swap yet are the rubber rings. I could assume the tip is defective, so I was wondering how many defective parts on average the others could have collected. In addition to these 2 SS tips I also have two other TI tips that are perfectly functional, so, here, one of 4 seems not to work ...

Last edited:
dadan,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
It’s just a bowl that warms up when heated, unless there’s a structural defect I’m not sure how they could produce anything more than negligibly different results if given the same variable inputs.

dadan

It’s just a bowl that warms up when heated, unless there’s a structural defect I’m not sure how they could produce anything more than negligibly different results if given the same variable inputs.

I totally agree with you but I have no other plausible explanations, what could it be? It seems that it cannot accumulate and then release heat in a functional way, For this I ask here :)
I can add that since a few days I have been in possession of an induction heater that measures the temperature of the inserted cap in real time, so I did some tests not only considering clicks of different caps tried to use but also the same real temperature: the results are the same ... only one works as expected...

Last edited:
dadan,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
If the tips are the same model I would doubt any dimensional imperfections; if one were to pull the thread to completeness it would almost have to be material composition related. But that is a pretty long way to pull a thread based solely off a subjective feeling with modest variable control at best.

I get what you’re saying, it just seems like Occam’s razor would suggest a different culprit.

Timps27,

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
Today I got the bright idea to try both my VonG & e-Nano at the same time, to see what would happen.

After a couple of big hits I declared the experiment a success! 😋

o52756087212.jpeg

jabba

I totally agree with you but I have no other plausible explanations, what could it be? It seems that it cannot accumulate and then release heat in a functional way, For this I ask here :)
I can add that since a few days I have been in possession of an induction heater that measures the temperature of the inserted cap in real time, so I did some tests not only considering clicks of different caps tried to use but also the same real temperature: the results are the same ... only one works as expected...

Though likely not your precise issue: I have found that certain strains just do not vape as well/easily/evenly as others. I have one called Island Sweet Skunk and every time that I load it I find wispy hits and bowls that do not evenly brown. I have no explanation(s) for this.
If I were in your boat....I would likely just rid myself of the offending tip to clear my mind of the issue.

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
A question for those who have several tips and caps: what percentage of defective tips (or caps) did you have?

Surely the caps are calibrated empirically and therefore they can 'click' at temperatures that are not always the same and/or do not correspond between one cap and another but I have a SS 2020 tip that really can't work as it should, it seems cursed. Aesthetically it is perfectly identical to a second M 2020 SS tip I own but, if one really gives me great satisfaction, the other is miserable. More than miserable. I tried to use 3 different caps and 3 different induction heaters and obviously different stems and different material. Maybe I have to resign myself and forget about its existence.

You could contact Dynavap customer service and let them know about your cursed/faulty cap. They might send you a blessed/functional one. :whoa:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I find no difference in air flow, simply one produces delicious clouds of vapor the other skimpy farts without satisfaction :). All sharing the same (samesame) material, cap, stem and induction heater. The only thing I haven't tried to swap yet are the rubber rings. I could assume the tip is defective, so I was wondering how many defective parts on average the others could have collected. In addition to these 2 SS tips I also have two other TI tips that are perfectly functional, so, here, one of 4 seems not to work ...
The 2019 steel tips (zig zag channel) had a bad run that resulted in a shallow channel, but as far as I know this was the only steel tip that had significant issues with air flow. 2020 and newer tips don't even rely on a channel anymore so I can't see any reason for some to perform less well then others. That being said, from your description it sure seems to be happening.

StringTheorista

I find no difference in air flow, simply one produces delicious clouds of vapor the other skimpy farts without satisfaction :). All sharing the same (samesame) material, cap, stem and induction heater. The only thing I haven't tried to swap yet are the rubber rings. I could assume the tip is defective
The only “defect” in tips I’ve seen is that some ti tips won’t grab a ti CCD, having a slightly too large I.D., and need a steel CCD. (And the issues with the 19 that cyberguy mentioned.) But what it sounds like is that this particular 20M tip is slightly heavier than spec, so when the cap clicks it’s not warmed up enough yet. Have you tried the “click to the gods” technique with it? Heat it to click, then *don't inhale*, instead park it on a magnet to cool. When it clicks down, heat it again then hit it. Or play with heating 2-3 seconds past the click and see if that improves things.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Raising the glass in my FTV GO IH has been exactly what I was looking for.

At about 3.5-4mm it's almost impossible to overheat no matter what method I use, but I'm extracting everything on the coil.

From cold - One really fast click, click back down, one full heat cycle = perfect dab. But it's almost foolproof like this it seems.

GoldenBud

A question for those who have several tips and caps: what percentage of defective tips (or caps) did you have?

Surely the caps are calibrated empirically and therefore they can 'click' at temperatures that are not always the same and/or do not correspond between one cap and another but I have a SS 2020 tip that really can't work as it should, it seems cursed. Aesthetically it is perfectly identical to a second M 2020 SS tip I own but, if one really gives me great satisfaction, the other is miserable. More than miserable. I tried to use 3 different caps and 3 different induction heaters and obviously different stems and different material. Maybe I have to resign myself and forget about its existence.
have you tried to squeeze the cap(s) before heating? some of the SS Tips may weigh and act somehow differently..
maybe you need to squeeze them or unsqueeze.. try to play with it
and +1 for mentionening the M19 tip @cybrguy , i know somebody that had one of these, i think very low percentage of the M19 tips are having this issue, so maybe there is some low chance that this tip is really bad although it's M20 tip

GoldenBud,

jabba

I contacted DynaVap customer service and they made me a happy customer.

To put this in context, I received an Orion V2 (which I paid full retail price for) about a day before they started giving them away for free with the Omni.
Glad to hear that you feel whole and hope the Orion works well for you.

fogbank

Glad to hear that you feel whole and hope the Orion works well for you.
I'm actually not liking the Orion too much, but that's because it doesn't suit my style with the VapCap, not because it isn't a decent heater.

It's not nearly as aggressive as the UFO, and there's no easy way to tweak it to make it more aggressive.

With the UFO I can turn a bowl dark brown/black in 4 hits. With the Orion it takes 6-7 hits to extract the full bowl, and the ABV consistently comes out lighter. This is using the same gear, strain, and technique.

The UFO experience is more what I am after with the VapCap.

jabba

I'm actually not liking the Orion too much, but that's because it doesn't suit my style with the VapCap, not because it isn't a decent heater.

It's not nearly as aggressive as the UFO, and there's no easy way to tweak it to make it more aggressive.

With the UFO I can turn a bowl dark brown/black in 4 hits. With the Orion it takes 6-7 hits to extract the full bowl, and the ABV consistently comes out lighter. This is using the same gear, strain, and technique.

The UFO experience is more what I am after with the VapCap.
This is why I went VHB. You can likely modify your methods.... Try pulsing..... Heat beyond the click etc for desired results. I realize this shouldn't be necessary but the Orion is sort of a one trick pony.

fogbank

This is why I went VHB. You can likely modify your methods.... Try pulsing..... Heat beyond the click etc for desired results. I realize this shouldn't be necessary but the Orion is sort of a one trick pony.
I am fine tuning my technique with the Orion to get closer to what I experience with the UFO. It is just taking longer after the click to get the heat up to where it is with the UFO. But I am starting to get darker ABV after fewer hits with the Orion, so my satisfaction level is improving.

I think I have IHAS. I have a Black Shadow on the way. I expect it to be very similar to the UFO (if not a direct clone of the internals). I'm just playing around with the cheap Chinese manufactured models out of curiosity. I know there is development of more specialized heaters with greater controls underway, so I look forward to that.

It's crazy how customizable the VC experience can be.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
KC Formations was very kind to gift me a top tray that was slightly unfinished because he lost power and his 3D printer turned off. Still, it the nicest 3D printed object I’ve seen. Here it is with “some” of my OG Dynavap collection.
44015-B85-1173-4131-A0-EB-3-DDB6-D909-C26.jpg

My Dynavap case, that the tray fits in, is made by a company called Nanak. I’ve bought a few more cases from them for various things after being introduced to them by Dynavap. They are really nice quality cases and I’m still blown away that Dynavap was giving them away with 77fins.
7-DBC677-E-6-AE0-4-BD2-B06-E-D7-A85-BD87-B74.jpg

Gigsabits53

My VC usage has gone up dramatically since I bought the Apollo2 IH. I had an XL NonaVong for a long time and have been getting great results with it and the Apollo. It's pretty easy to dial it in.

fogbank

My VC usage has gone up dramatically since I bought the Apollo2 IH. I had an XL NonaVong for a long time and have been getting great results with it and the Apollo. It's pretty easy to dial it in.
I've got my Orion dialed in now. I got my UFO first and got that dialed in. I had to take a different approach with the Orion, heating longer after the click, but I can get full extraction in 4-5 draws with either IH.

I would never use the VC if I didn't have an IH.

Top Bottom