coolbreeze

I'm a master of physics
futurama-hail-science.gif

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Not just chopped cabbage, it's the slaw!

The almighty cabbage is indeed the omnipotent ruler of the universe. :freak:

"Planck Length - The smallest possible size for anything in the universe is the Planck Length, which is 1.6 x10-35 m across."

Oh man! Déjà vu!!!!! I was getting out of the shower this morning and the missus mentioned something about "Planck length" :smug:

On a more dynavapian note, does anyone have any experience heat treating an azurium? I ordered one with the intention and excitement of torching it, but now that this lovely blue thing has arrived, I'm feeling rather tentative about the whole affair. :peace:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I've been using my IH with it and the tip and cap have not changed much yet. Will torch it at some point, just keen for some pointers(pun intended) before I do.

TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: Planck

Planck

believes in Dog
"Planck Length - The smallest possible size for anything in the universe is the Planck Length, which is 1.6 x10-35 m across."
I can't stop myself from saying this incorrect or being as charitable as possible it is such a gross oversimplification that is not true. Black Holes are smaller, much smaller than a Planck length. Here are a couple of the simplest articles I could find that accurately describe Planck length.
What Planck Length Is and It’s Common Misconceptions
Planck length, minimal length?

Ya I'm fun at parties! :lol:

All hail The Almighty Cabbage! :bowdown::leaf:

On a more dynavapian note, does anyone have any experience heat treating an azurium? I ordered one with the intention and excitement of torching it, but now that this lovely blue thing has arrived, I'm feeling rather tentative about the whole affair. :peace:
I'm feeling rather tentative about the whole affair too. They are damn pretty as is. Perhaps you could pick up some bog stock 316 or even 304 SS to play with and get a feel for what happens before tackling your precious. I expect the subject must be absolutely clean before heat treating. The treated surface can be power abraded back to raw metal fairly easy too. Spin it in a drill or better yet drill press.

P.S.
NS131101_Figure01-s.jpg

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Not sure what IH you've tried
I’ve currently got a PSM, HS, Cauldron in a TimberHead Box, Flite, Flix, and a Lucid OG. They all act different. This is usually true also when you compare same make and model to same make an model. Slight variations in the coil make different heating profiles. Some are definitely better suited for concentrates but I could say one brand or the other because out of the box, like I said they all act different….usually.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Some are definitely better suited for concentrates but I could say one brand or the other because out of the box, like I said they all act different….usually.
I hadn't intended to buy an especially fast/hot IH, but apparently just the fact that it's a Li-On battery means a faster discharge and faster heat ups (although shorter battery life).

The difference between the Alpine and the FTV GO is huge. The slower heating of the Alpine can produce decent results for me but once I got the rhythm of the FTV down I can crank out consistent dabs for a small party in a very short time.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I can't stop myself from saying this incorrect or being as charitable as possible it is such a gross oversimplification that is not true. Black Holes are smaller
Black holes have no volume at all, so you can't measure them in Planck lengths, can you?

Oops, OT alert.

Best IH → Mag Heater Tornado; high end temp sensing and controlling, but it takes a bit of patience to get one of those.

JamesTiberiousKirk

All hail The Almighty Cabbage! :bowdown::leaf:
NS131101_Figure01-s.jpg
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is NOT amused! Nor as vapable.

I had no intention of getting an Orion V2 or a 2021 Omni... but both for the price of one? Niether the FSM or Almighty Cabbage could pass up that deal.

jabba

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is NOT amused! Nor as vapable.

I had no intention of getting an Orion V2 or a 2021 Omni... but both for the price of one? Niether the FSM or Almighty Cabbage could pass up that deal.
Same. I couldn't pass it up either though I went 50/50 with a partner who needed an induction heater. I get the Omni which I will use with a VHB induction heater.... He gets the Orion

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Sorry if I preaching to the choir.
No need to apologize. And, thank you! I'm learning....

From what I've read the battery type does make some difference, speed wise. You should see how fast it can click from cold. I would be surprised if any other IH were actually faster. I know that speed may not be desirable in some instances but for dabs I feel it's pretty clutch.

Edit: 6 seconds from cold, both clicks.

jabba

No need to apologize. And, thank you! I'm learning....

From what I've read the battery type does make some difference, speed wise. You should see how fast it can click from cold. I would be surprised if any other IH were actually faster. I know that speed may not be desirable in some instances but for dabs I feel it's pretty clutch.

Edit: 6 seconds from cold, both clicks.
Understandable. I am at the opposite end of the spectrum and do not typically desire quick clicks. I would prefer a slower roast 12-16 seconds to click(s). Using a VHB it is easy to adjust the chamber's depth to your desired 'speed'. Using flower the quick clicks are nice for an occasional relaxing session where it might take 4-6 cycles to brown. If I lower the plug a bit I can go to 12-16 second clicks and only 2 cycles to brown town.

An overlooked induction heater feature is this adjustability. Most non adjustable IH's have a fixed heating signature and its gonna heat just how it is gonna heat time and time again. An adjustable chamber allows for adjustable heating signatures within the range of any given induction heater's capabilities. I haven't tried a plethora of IH's but I am surely happy with my VHB. I know people love 'The Wand' and it is certainly quite adjustable. Having VHB's stationary but adjustable 'plug' allows for me to adjust yet still obtain consistent results.

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
An adjustable chamber allows for adjustable heating signatures
I can slide the chamber of this one up and down in the casing, if that's what you mean; and it came with those silicone discs as well.

I experimented with the discs for a while and found I liked running it stock all the way, for dabs.

I hadn't thought of using chamber depth to adjust heat, so thanks, I might mess with that too.

jabba

@jabba is 100% correct. This is the easier solution. My guess is making the insertion depth shallower will make your cap click even more quickly with less of a roast. Im about your results. Will you let us know?

Precisely. The total depth range is really quite narrow and just minimal changes provide for varying results. Straight 'stock' with the plug pushed all the way in my Carbon Mini....the click is 6-8 seconds or so and would require several heating cycles for brown. If I pull the plug out by 3-4mm then I get 12-16 seconds or so and full extraction in two cycles. I have even ordered additional plugs and plan to trim them (minimally only 2-4mm) according to which style I desire at a give time. Right now I have trimmed a plug that when full inserted gives me 12-16 second heat-ups and I'm liking it just fine.

The results sort of defy my own sense. I mean one could logically think that a 6 second click would be HOT and thus produce quick extraction and one might think that a LONG 12-16 heat cycle would be generally 'cooler' for slower extraction. The opposite is true in my experience(s).

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@jabba is 100% correct. This is the easier solution. My guess is making the insertion depth shallower will make your cap click even more quickly with less of a roast. Im about your results. Will you let us know?

Exactly, on a Fluxer Deluxe, I sometimes use a 1mm silicone disc on the bottom of insert tube, this moves the tip up, and clicks FASTER/SOONER. As the 3 - 18650 battery 12.6 voltage decreases, I take the disc out with tweezers, this compensates for the slower heat up time, due to the lower voltage, or I just charge it full again. Not elegant, but works.

jabba

I can slide the chamber of this one up and down in the casing, if that's what you mean; and it came with those silicone discs as well.

I experimented with the discs for a while and found I liked running it stock all the way, for dabs.

I hadn't thought of using chamber depth to adjust heat, so thanks, I might mess with that too.

Remember....your chamber may or may not be 'adjustable' by sliding. The glass tube likely is removable...but it is 'adjustable' only if it is also pulling the bottom (sold surface/silicone/cork whatever it may be) of the chamber up/down. Those silicone 'discs' to which you refer sound like the means to adjust your particular heater (some could also be cork). The fewer discs you have inserted will provide for a deeper chamber and likely longer roasts and 'heavier' extractions. The more discs that you place within the chamber will give you a shallower chamber and likely fast clicks but a lighter extraction.

jabba,
Reactions: Planck
Top Bottom