beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
$-Clips, too...:

PRE-SALE
$24.97 USD

BEST PRICE GUARANTEED​

"Designed by Sneaky Pete and manufactured by DynaVap"
In fairness, pre-sales get 2 for that price. Which I just did.

Like so many before I’ve struggled to set the CCD in half position and gave up. Now I don’t have to and can enjoy the device the way I like.

I’ve tried putting less in but it’s not the same as when it’s more tightly packed.

Consider this accessory the way many of us do with other choices: get it if you want or wait for something else that strikes your fancy.

Smokey McVape

I don’t understand why one can’t just leave the CCD in the full size position and then load up the tip with less material when what you are after is a smaller dose. That is what I do and seems to work fine for me.

I do understand that some people require a consistent experience or have other requirement necessitating uniform bowl sizes, but I think a lot of us probably don’t have that need. What am I missing?
THIS☝️☝️☝️☝️
Half filling a full bowl gives better extraction compared to a CCD set at the 50% because the air in front of the load gets nicely heated adding some extra convection to the usual conduction. YMMV.

rvarick

I think I need an IH that uses something other than a pressure switch to activate it. My Pipes devices are damaging my caps over time by indenting the top and sometimes weakening the crimp making the cap hard to remove. Both the JarHead and the PSM. :(
I had luck with fitting a small piece of silicone over my PSMs switch to stop this from happening. Pipes offered me some tips on this, as did others on the Pipes IH thread. Here was the product I got the silicone from: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CK4LSYD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gbLFFbS6WM4RE. These had a lot of smooth silicone surface to work with, vs. ridged, etc. like most other mini ones had. If you go back through my post history you'll see some other tips I shared on cutting a piece to fit, etc. if helpful.

jds

THIS☝️☝️☝️☝️
Half filling a full bowl gives better extraction compared to a CCD set at the 50% because the air in front of the load gets nicely heated adding some extra convection to the usual conduction. YMMV.
That is really interesting. I always leave my bowls at the smallest setting (not sure if it's 50%, I have tips with 3 notches, unlike the newer ones with 2). I will try setting it back to full size and only filling 1/3-1/2 of them.

Smokey McVape

That is really interesting. I always leave my bowls at the smallest setting (not sure if it's 50%, I have tips with 3 notches, unlike the newer ones with 2). I will try setting it back to full size and only filling 1/3-1/2 of them.
I guarantee you will notice a difference. Also by leaving the CCD in the bottom position you can use the notches as a guide and get smaller loads for microdosing. For example the 75% setting notch becomes a 25% setting when filling a full bowl.

Majordude2626

I guarantee you will notice a difference. Also by leaving the CCD in the bottom position you can use the notches as a guide and get smaller loads for microdosing. For example the 75% setting notch becomes a 25% setting when filling a full bowl.
I prefer fully packed, it gives me the perception of thicker vapor. Not sure if it really is thicker, but I don’t dig the loose pack. I like it packed tight, with a hole burrowed down the middle I create with a toothpick.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
$10 to ship something so small seems like a lot, doesn't it? I mean you could put it in an envelope and send it for under a buck.

$1.20 is the correct amount heading north at least.
Fuck it, I caved anyway and ordered from Sneaky Pete. :lol: I am just very curious about this CCD placing aid and it really looked foolproof on the vid.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Jakuta

BallzMcVinegar

The two for one plus a couple CCDs and I bit on it. Over priced sure but not nearly as bad if that is what the regular price for one is. I was going to buy some CCDs anyway so I figured Id take the leap. Having lost a poorly seated 1/2 bowl CCD outside trying blow out the bowl at night and making it useless for the rest of the weekend made this seem like a good addition. Especially for when you are away from your supplies/collection and only have one devise on hand at the moment.

BallzMcVinegar

With it set at 1/2 bowl I think it was using a debowler a bit too aggressively and it unseated. At least this thing you can add some pressure without it shifting.

BallzMcVinegar,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It won't block airflow @cybrguy

Mailing envelopes under 1/4" thick or less is the cost of a stamp, even overseas at $1.20 or something. However, mailing envelopes is restricted to non-commercial, non-sales items. DV is technically wrong to send CCDs and o-rings via a single forever stamp. Not that I'm bitchin' but I looked into this at one time.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I don’t understand why one can’t just leave the CCD in the full size position and then load up the tip with less material when what you are after is a smaller dose. That is what I do and seems to work fine for me.

I do understand that some people require a consistent experience or have other requirement necessitating uniform bowl sizes, but I think a lot of us probably don’t have that need. What am I missing?
I like doing it this way, because I feel like the heated air penetrates the herb more thoroughly, it being less packed = better airflow, therefore thorough, even extraction, nice and tasty

At the same time, I just installed a CCD in the top (50%) groove on my ‘20 M, and the improvement in its performance is unmistakeable. It’s a tighter pack than I wanted (test drive), but the hit and effect are substantial. The half-bowl M is now in rotation!

I am curious how much airflow it blocks.
Negligible. If you remove the factory-installed CCD first, less than that.

I may have to fall for this new gizmo, inquiring minds ‘n’ all that….

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hackerman is selling a cool blue PP stem in the classifieds.
Someone (with 2 cool C-notes), please
Snap it up! :wave:

Hot diggity! Looks like it includes a cool Ti tip/cap as well.
(Sweating buckets, thinking about it)

Last edited:
stark1,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I significantly prefer the hits from a 50% bowl over a 100% bowl half filled, but even more important to me is the ease of loading the bowl when you are loading all the accessible space. Either a suck load or a twist load work easily and effectively for me, especially on the go.

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
hey y'all, i broke my bb6.
i need to get a replacement stem that's dedicated to the bongs and it has to be 10mm.
should i just get something else from the bb line? anything else i'm not aware of?
all i need is a stem...

SomnusViduus,

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
Wasn’t the BB6 14mm? The recent Ms and Omnis all work with 10mm connections if that is what you want.
it's 14 and 10mm.
ed's wpa says it only fits titanium tips and not ss (which i don't understand) and i already have m's and stuff. just looking for either a wood or glass stem for my MJ arsenal. it's looking like i might be stuck getting another bb6 or a bb3...

SomnusViduus,
Reactions: Vaporware
Top Bottom