sirwalter

IMHO there is a fine line between making a item available exclusively to your core followers, and price gouging them.

But I guess it's like some say, if you don't like it then you don't have to buy it.

I'm not thrown off by the price. I'm surprised he doesn't offer the 7 fin tip all the time.

sirwalter,
Reactions: KidFated.

SquirrelMaster

Agreed.
Additionally Dynavap to a big massive dump on all their international core supporters when they suspended USPS shipping, with the bullshit excuse that to many things were getting lost. The postal system in the developed world is far more reliable than couriers. I understand a wish to encourage people to buy from their local retailers but suggest a carrot works better then a stick.

I am also greatly annoyed that no one from dynavap visits here anymore. "Big shout out to the FC forum" my ass. Plenty of time to wank around on Instagram apparently but no time say "Hey FC how's going" even once a month. We got what we needed so see ya...

Marketing wankers and perhaps investors rule the roost now.
I'm sad, George and DV were so inspired and inspiring not that long ago.

That changed about a year ago didn't it? At least that's when I noticed the change to DHL which was the worst choice for customers with a higher shipping cost and the overall higher fees DHL tacks on. I had a big order ready to go with some items you can't get from their retailers and with the shipping cost the total was beyond reasonable. I had always placed my orders directly through Dynavap but that was enough to make to step back and think "is this a smart purchase"?. The change from USPS, the elimination of free shipping threshholds and the overall higher costs to get it to my door turned me off. It was a business decision to maximize profits, there's no other explanation, unfortunately it hurt everyone outside the USA.

Watching Dynavap over the last year they've continued to grow while prices keep rising on new products. A 25% increase for a captive cap/low temp cap, a 17% increase for the 2019 tip to the 2020 (I don't recall the price difference on the 2018) as well as the model over model increase for each M variant. If production increases, prices fall, yet they seem to be going the opposite way with new every new release. The 7 fin Ti tip made my jaw drop. I've always been curious about the original as the second version release years later didn't seem as well received as the OG. However $100 CDN before shipping and taxes on a tip? Really? With shipping, taxes and fees I'd be looking at roughly $150 CDN for a single tip. The die hard Dynavap fans will bite but I can't justify that for just the tip :brow: which really bums me out because I'd love to add one to my collection.

@TheBlackLodge The first thing I thought of when I received the email was bits of George Carlin's Advertising Lullaby. Maybe not all the harshness but man do I miss George.

Edit: Hahaha ok definitely not all the harshness, just the snippet about act now, limited time offer etc.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I agree for 150+ we should get the shaft too. :\
I just spit my tea out! :lol:

If Jane Mary's had them for say $75 CDN (normal titanium tip is $54) I would have bought 2 like *snap*.

For now I'd rather support stem makers and just swap my existing tips. Artisan's Daughter makes some pretty slick looking stems but more importantly I've had a Phattpiggie stem on my mind since last year but whenever I've been close to making a decision and messaging him something comes up. If Incould buy only one more stem his triple barrel twists would be the one. That thing is a monster! When he had them up for auction I hadn't been working (COVID) and was being a "good" boy not buying anything.

Flow

7 fin TI tip for 77 USD ? But yet, triing to sell a 77 USD Ti TIP "limited offer" ?
I'm not that of a fan boy... and don't want to be treated like one... I've seen from 2017 the prices range raise up, for the same items. That makes me sad (cuz' i won't pay 77 for a tip !) and theses prices don't encourage me to play lego...
It seems like China will have something to copy and send for 25 bucks :D :D :D

I've had the luck to get a "free karma vape" that i enjoy sharing with "vape newcommers"… feelin' something special about that company for that gift and for the blessing to share vape with others…

LabPong

7 fin TI tip for 77 USD ? But yet, triing to sell a 77 USD Ti TIP "limited offer" ?
I'm not that of a fan boy... and don't want to be treated like one... I've seen from 2017 the prices range raise up, for the same items. That makes me sad (cuz' i won't pay 77 for a tip !) and theses prices don't encourage me to play lego...

I've had the luck to get a "free karma vape" that i enjoy sharing with "vape newcommers"… feelin' something special about that company for that gift and for the blessing to share vape with others…
No one is forcing you to purchase the $77 tip....so you are not a fan boy at all.......problem solved there. But if they can make the same performing 7 tip that they did in 2017......I know many that would give them $100 no prob......including me! But understand...the 2nd version of the 7 fin Ti tip performed almost exact to the normal 5 fin ones.

Not sure why you think that costs should remain exact since 2107? Are you saying they Dynavap has to remain a small little producer and not get any bigger? Well.....that is no longer....they are a very large operation.....their machinery runs constantly! When you run your own business...it is easy to understand why things get more expensive....it is not just the cost of raw material!

CDN_VAShole

I like stuff
Regardless of the price of the 7fin, ill be buying at least a few. If a Canadian retailer, id buy from there l as opposed to getting robbed by DHL. Ive seen these 7fin LEs go for around the $175-$200 usd mark. Ive even sold a few at that price! So for dyna to be asking $77.77 is completely fair imo. If they knew the demand for them, i can see the price being higher.

IMG_20201205_223920_234.jpgdressed up my orion

thunderstealer1337

Nobody would pay $175-200 a tip if they knew dynavaps was taking new orders.

Dynavap you are rocking the boat, dynavap hardcore fans will cling on, and those just leisurely on this ride will probably be shaken off.

The discord shows this, it's like 99/100 comments support the $77.77 pricing

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The OG 7-fins have a little denser vapor body that comes with a little more restricted draw resistance. I like it a lot, but it's marginal. I like the aesthetics too.

x2.
I agree it seems marginal now, but in its time, it was YUGE!
I, too, like the eye candy.

As I have one or two OG in my cigar box, I think I should invest my $77.777 towards :doh:a nutter
TinyMite....

joerghustle

they already copy it with IH

notams

toke down Babylon
I (think) I'm in the minority in calling myself a fanboy. Don't mind it at all.

I wanted to make sure I knew what "fanboy" meant... I'm too old to understand you dang kids. After reviewing the definition, I'll stick with it.

As a fanboy I don't mind paying premium price for a premium product. And, I think it's silly to compare the cost of raw materials to the cost of the finished product. To do so would ignore the massive costs of mass production, marketing, sales, service, employees, insurance, manufacturing equipment purchase and / or rent, plus building expenses and maintenance. Yeah... I'm sure these titanium tips cost a mere few dollars to produce. (please insert sarcastic tone for previous sentence)

notams

toke down Babylon
In my opinion a “fanboy”, or “fangirl”, or let’s say FANPERSON, is usually used as a somewhat derogatory term, as someone that defends a product or company no matter the truth. A bit beyond just a loyal customer, that can discern the truth.
Cool. Thanks. ok, so I guess I'm not interested in being a fanboy.

And, seriously, thank you. I embarrassed the hell out of my teenage daughter when I told her friend we'd "hook up" later. I just meant "see ya later". So, no on being a fanboy. Got it. It's hard to keep up sometimes.

What I'm saying is... No one needs a 7 fin ti tip. It's a premium, an extravagance, a luxury. There's a reason why car manufacturers make Lamborghinis AND Chevys.

Why would DV charge $77? Because they can. Because their target customers (me) don't care.

I'm venturing a guess that the majority of folks who balk at the price don't buy the product. That's called commerce. I think Lamborghinis are vastly overpriced.

Since when is it so monstrous to offer a product some potential customers can't afford?

Reminds me of an old story.... Something about sour grapes... Anyone remember that story?

Top Bottom