stark1

Lonesome Planet
Donno about TD Bear, I have been a ‘capboy for some years ( but I am still not getting
Another 7-fin ‘Cap tip ( for 77.77$ On Dec 7, from 7 to 7. 7 Tip limit. Just $77.77/Tip )).

Hey! That’s to->morrow!

Fanboy/capeboy

image upload

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
Couple points up front, I'm not disappointed with DV solely because of the 77.77 tip.
I have several issues.
I have been an exclusive user and staunch defender of DV since the release of the 17 M
That fact is clearly recorded in this thread, hell I even defended the 5K tips
DV is always blathering on about how much they love feedback.
I'm giving them some (for free) although I doubt they will ever read it because they never visit the site that was instrumental in launching and refined the damn product!

Clearly a product cost is much more than the raw material costs. I am very aware of these costs. Been there done that bought the tee shirt. But to see some rough idea of the material cost rather than just making shit up...

Today 06 Dec 2020 I find on ebay
1PC Titanium Ti Grade GR5 Titanium Alloy Rod Round Bar Metal 500mmx10mm for $13.95
This alloy is Ti-6Al-4V (Grade 5) AKA medical grade
I don't have a 7 fin Ti tip, the tip I measured is 32mm
Let's be very generous and say every cut to length wastes 3mm
500/35=14.28 tip blanks

13.95/14=0.996 cost of a single tip blank before processing.

DV is not paying this much fot Ti and the waste is recycled for cash
What defines a premium product vs a sucker born every minute product?

Planck

believes in Dog
Ok.....so everyone is going to make their own dynavap tips now for like $12.....cool.

And are you going to make your own caps too?
I assume the above is a reply to me, forgive me if I am wrong.

Apparently you missed this part huh?

Clearly a product cost is much more than the raw material costs. I am very aware of these costs. Been there done that bought the tee shirt.

I also don't think a high school shop or Joe Schmoo can make them as as been suggested in the thread. People are speculating on the material cost, I provided some actual data on what it might be.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I'm enjoying the recent discussions around price points/value and hearing differing opinions/experiences.
Its stuff that's important to both manufacturers and consumers alike.

The 2020M has more design hours and milling in it than say the 2019M and naturally is more expensive to build and buy.
The 2019 is just as good as the 2020 and better in some respects.

I hope that dynavap continue to offer simple entry level products and give more people the opportunity to quit combustion. :D

Dynavap is successfully growing and improving their business, which is an awesome thing. But they do seem to have abandoned this thread for more efficient/profitable advertising outlets.

It may be that my expectations are unfair, but one of the cool things about dynavap is the community and let's face it..... the coolest community is right here at Fuck Combustion. :spliff:

Much love to you all.

TheBlackLodge

I'm enjoying the recent discussions around price points/value and hearing differing opinions/experiences.
Its stuff that's important to both manufacturers and consumers alike.

The 2020M has more design hours and milling in it than say the 2019M and naturally is more expensive to build and buy.
The 2019 is just as good as the 2020 and better in some respects.

I hope that dynavap continue to offer simple entry level products and give more people the opportunity to quit combustion. :D

Dynavap is successfully growing and improving their business, which is an awesome thing. But they do seem to have abandoned this thread for more efficient/profitable advertising outlets.

It may be that my expectations are unfair, but one of the cool things about dynavap is the community and let's face it..... the coolest community is right here at Fuck Combustion. :spliff:

Much love to you all.
The added cost in machining is marginal, as it's all CNC anyway so there's no extra labor beyond designing the part in CAD, and perhaps a higher rate of QC fails.

Has anyone tried the new Simrell mouthpiece?
View attachment 4153
I am guessing you can use a M stem and tip?
Seems kinda gimmicky IMO. One could accomplish the same thing with a standard condenser by shaving a few mm off and putting an intercooler inside.

vandalizedbythelotus

I get that a ton of people are feeling butt-hurt about the price of this tip, but come on... calling DV price gougers?

DV is arguably the best value vape on the market [EVER] and they have options at all price points.
Remember, this is still the same company that has given away countless "M's for a friend" over the years.
they never gave away anything except for promotion purposes. the "M for a friend/karmavap" was only included with a purchase so it's more like a discount.
Regardless of the price of the 7fin, ill be buying at least a few. If a Canadian retailer, id buy from there l as opposed to getting robbed by DHL. Ive seen these 7fin LEs go for around the $175-$200 usd mark. Ive even sold a few at that price! So for dyna to be asking $77.77 is completely fair imo. If they knew the demand for them, i can see the price being higher.
excuse me this doesn't make any sense. it's a reissue not one of the limited previous runs. when did it become ok to price high if there's demand anyway? especially since there's no real reason to limit supply assuming it's a good performer. that's the definition of price gauging...

edit: that being said, since it's a newsletter thing, is it possible they are planning to add valuable surprise extras to the order?

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I signed up for 2 tips.

I trust that "The dud (George) will provide"

A free vape is a FREE vape. I dont GAF if it is for promotion. Name one other company that does that?

No company is the "same" company when they go from $50K in sales to $5m (just making this number up)

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I signed up for two. I have two custom stems I’m waiting on so they will be put on those stems, I still have two different style unused caps to use. I think one of these custom setups will go to my brother. But which cap do I wanna keep for myself?

KidFated.,

vandalizedbythelotus

I signed up for 2 tips.

I trust that "The dud (George) will provide"

A free vape is a FREE vape. I dont GAF if it is for promotion. Name one other company that does that?

No company is the "same" company when they go from $50K in sales to $5m (just making this number up)
plenty of companies send "free" stuff to reviewers and influencers ... slight conflict of interest there if you happen to be the recipient don't you think?
let's just not pretend they are giving away stuff out of the goodness of their hearts.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
plenty of companies send "free" stuff to reviewers and influencers ... slight conflict of interest there if you happen to be the recipient don't you think?
let's just not pretend they are giving away stuff out of the goodness of their hearts.
Thats a completely different situation. Dynavap sent ME, and hundreds, if not thousands, of NOBODIES free vapes. While I understand this is a "Business Decision" for marketing , it is a decision that benefits ME directly. No matter if S&B spends $100 or a $1,000,000 on marketing, it has 0 (zero) benefit to me.

I also dont believe that giving away Ms has to be either completely altruistic or completely self serving. It can be both. But I would bet my life on the fact that George sees it as giving back to the community and does it out of the goodness of his heart.

notams

toke down Babylon
Thats a completely different situation. Dynavap sent ME, and hundreds, if not thousands, of NOBODIES free vapes. While I understand this is a "Business Decision" for marketing , it is a decision that benefits ME directly. No matter if S&B spends $100 or a $1,000,000 on marketing, it has 0 (zero) benefit to me.

I also dont believe that giving away Ms has to be either completely altruistic or completely self serving. It can be both. But I would bet my life on the fact that George sees it as giving back to the community and does it out of the goodness of his heart.

Can I get an amen?

Amen, brother!

vandalizedbythelotus

companies giving influencers free stuff is different how from dynavap giving you, the influencers free stuff?
S&B has a different, more classic style of marketing strategy.

vandalizedbythelotus,
Reactions: Planck
Top Bottom