• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Chiron

Hey folks, been awhile🌝 I’ve been happily enjoying my 2 vapcaps exclusively each and every day, and binge reading this forum once in a blue moon, without that much VAS. Someday I was going to get an IH, but for some reason I didn’t want to wait in line for some of the good ones😀 I pounced on the Orion once Pete had them in Canada, right after the early adopter thing was done.. The size and weight were big selling points because I wanted to pack it along bicycling😎 I think I found out about the lack of a replaceable battery (even with minor surgery) soon after ordering, but decided not to be a dink and try to cancel the order. Later I became irritated to hear DV rationalize this design decision by saying something along the lines of “well you don’t replace phone batteries either”. But you can and do just that. Anyway, I figured soon enough the info would get out there once some brave soul cracks it open, so I will party on. I am comfortable with soldering to circuit boards, etc, and look forward to see what happens with that. Or not, can’t worry about that.

ANYWAY, I had heard the notion that the low temp cap was a good idea, but I had to wait until Pete had stock. So I got to test it with the standard cap for awhile and I was not that happy with this combo. Except for outdoors in cooler weather, it was hard to get a consistent result other than one where it is baked more than I ever want, even with counting ten or eleven flashes and yanking it. Sometimes it was OK, sometimes not. It seems to me that it is a lot more accurate to give an extra flash after the definitive click than to count a constant number of flashes. The time to temperature can vary a little bit and the temperature rise is really accelerating approaching the click, especially with the aggressive heating of this IH. Plus it is a pain to stare at all the flashes, hehe. So I am delighted to have the low temp cap now and it is awesome to use with the Orion. I might risk saying that it is a must-have😍

It really is nice to pull the Orion out of the bike’s frame pack and set it down in a picnic table during a break for nutrition and a toot😀 I am still a micro-doser, so the number of heat cycles per charge isn’t an issue -it lasts for days!

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
That’s a novel idea, would you post a pix of your framepack Orion.

I too pack my Orion while riding my bike, only I use a small camera case to house, and belt carry it.

Used to belt carry my mini PS, but Orion is more streamline EDC.

Last edited:

Drug

So today my 2020 ss tip came in and I just took it for its first ride. I set it up with a generic wpa and my ti bong, for heating I use a dynacup ih.

E11C7F9E-9E29-47CF-9D30-6B18DBB5D612.jpeg

I gotta say, compared to my ti tip, this thing is impressive. I came in expecting an improvement after reading comments about the ss going well with water, but it is a huge difference.

Before it arrived I had only used the ti one, which's screen I have set in the tiniest position because I couldn't get efficient extraction of bigger loads. (No disrespect to the ti though, I love it with my S. Vortex for microdosing, which I have yet to try with my steel tip). The setup above gave a surprising amount of big and tasty hits.

I gotta say I love the ti bong (with water), it's like it's adding sugar to my hits. And my entrance into the dynaverse has been a great discovery. I never expected this type of vaping system could match the convenience of portable battery powered capes, but it really brings something else to the table. Customizable not just for aesthetics, the ecosystem offers so many uses. Glad I tried it despite my initial doubts.

skipbifferty

Sorry for posting this twice. Does anyone have the OVXL and Spinning Mouthpiece? Does using the spinning mouthpiece change the draw resistance at all? I presume it makes it the same as having the original mouthpiece fully open but I'd like to check. Secondly, and linked with the first question, does the spinning mouthpiece improve or worsen the 'herb' flavour/taste or does it stay the same?

Thanks

skipbifferty,

Chiron

That’s a novel idea, would you post a pix of your framepack Orion.

I too pack my Orion while riding my bike, only I use a small camera case to house, and belt carry it.

Used to belt carry my mini PS, but Orion is more streamline EDC.
Hi Stark1,

So I stuff it in the frame bag indicated by the red arrow:

Framebag.jpg

.... along with rain jacket, first aid, snacks, reading glasses, sunglasses case, wallet, etc.:) The orange thing holds an emergency beacon, green thing has bear spray. Nothing on my back:love:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I finally produced a design that I have been R /D for a couple of years. The desire is to make a longer, slim stem that retains a mouthpiece/condenser, chamber, and airport. Basically a true DV but withoutca spinning mouthpiece. The inner bore has 3 sections of ID. The mouthpieces are finished in a hard finish resistant to water, saliva,and chemicals. The stems have a beeswax/mineral oil finish. I have 5 of these...the two pics are of the same stems

With a slight mod, a poor mans omni with a twist push pull mouthpiece is possible (pic) 3) A 5-6mm variable length provides the omni like effect. This works with a ti tip

Next week I will make a page in the equiptment forun showing all my designs. Until then, pm me if interested thanks
IMG-0395.jpg
IMG-0396.png
IMG-0398.jpg

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Hi Stark1,

View attachment 3216

.... along with rain jacket, first aid, snacks, reading glasses, sunglasses case, wallet, etc.:) The orange thing holds an emergency beacon, green thing has bear spray. Nothing on my back:love:
Nice disc brakes. I'm more jealous of that than the IH.

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

Anybody remember in past years if the colored M's were available for Black Friday sales? Think that will be the case this year?

Last edited:
Vape_Or_Die420,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I finally produced a design that I have been R /D for a couple of years. The desire is to make a longer, slim stem that retains a mouthpiece/condenser, chamber, and airport. Basically a true DV but withoutca spinning mouthpiece. The inner bore has 3 sections of ID. The mouthpieces are finished in a hard finish resistant to water, saliva,and chemicals. The stems have a beeswax/mineral oil finish. I have 5 of these...the two pics are of the same stems

With a slight mod, a poor mans omni with a twist push pull mouthpiece is possible (pic) 3) A 5-6mm variable length provides the omni like effect. This works with a ti tip

Next week I will make a page in the equiptment forun showing all my designs. Until then, pm me if interested thanks
IMG-0395.jpg
IMG-0396.png
IMG-0398.jpg
I am so glad to see the PMO concept brought to an artisan vape. Great work @danielj ! Still working Madrone?

Last edited:
TommyDee,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hi Stark1,

View attachment 3216:rockon:

Hope you aren’t slogging it out on the rails & trails on your cool road bike. I am warming up
to my single/double speed mountain bike and on the bike paths around. They abound.

Kinda nice to stop and take a toke, while taking in the view of lakes, and mountains/hills, around.

My bike bud and I meet weekly for lunch. Haven’t been able to get him into VapCaps yet, he prefers the conveniance
Of pre-loaded Darts.

One option you might want to add to your cool ride, a handlebar drink/beer holder. A perfect setup IMO.

Bike. VapCap/Orion. Beer. :tup: 🚴‍♀️ 🚴‍♂️ :tup: :spliff: & a bike bud to share the joy🌈

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I am so glad to see the PMO concept brought to an artisan vape. Great work @danielj ! Still working Madrone?

thanks @TommyDee

yes, madrone up next on some face carved stems on 4/8 and 9/16 stem OD have done 2 on other woods and have carved too deep and into the bore....epoxy/wooddust fixs, look nice but cant sell ...so theyr mine. will post pic tomorrow

Madrone should carve well

keep us all up to date on your favricatibg - I learn alot from you and others here thanks

danielj,
Reactions: mwnger

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I celebrate my 3 year anniversary of full-time vaping this month. I know I've not been around these parts much, but I still lurk.

Here's what I've learned over the last three years about me and vaping. I like to keep things simple and I like things on-demand, just like acoustic guitar. All you have to do is pick it up and play. Just like the vapcap.

I have an electric guitar, but rarely play it, just as I had a lot of 'electric' vapes that I ultimately found less than satisfying performers, take longer to get what you want, and they all crapped out which make them a piss poor long term investment. I've either given them away, thrown them away, or stored them until I can give them away to someone.

But all of my torch-based vapes work, just like they did the first day; be it vapcaps, Sticky Brick, or Elev8r. The only electric vape I'm keeping is my desktop, because it works and it's easy to maintain.

And ever since I got my first Simrell and Pipe's Caldron about a year ago, I've used the vapcap for about 90% of my vaping. It's the most efficient, yet still a heavy hitter, easy to maintain, and works natively or through a WP.

I've also learned that VAS is real, which is why even though I keep it simple I have so many choices: three Simrells, a BB9, and a carbon fiber XL with silver spinning mouthpiece, and four IH's. And lots of bits and pieces for other configurations when I get bored.

Happy Daze FCers and don't forget to vote.

Chiron

Hope you aren’t slogging it out on the rails & trails on your cool road bike. I am warming up
to my single/double speed mountain bike and on the bike paths around. They abound.

Kinda nice to stop and take a toke, while taking in the view of lakes, and mountains/hills, around.

My bike bud and I meet weekly for lunch. Haven’t been able to get him into VapCaps yet, he prefers the conveniance
Of pre-loaded Darts.

One option you might want to add to your cool ride, a handlebar drink/beer holder. A perfect setup IMO.

Bike. VapCap/Orion. Beer. :tup: 🚴‍♀️ 🚴‍♂️ :tup: :spliff: & a bike bud to share the joy🌈
Hey Stark1, That is a gravel bike that would be OK on easier single-track trails, but I bought it to enjoy roadside Covid solitude on the freshly paved (60 kph speed limit) parkway that winds through a very scenic area, away from big, really big tourist crowds😀 So it is my first “road-ish” capable bike in addition to my winter capable fat bike and full suspension “magic carpet ride” mountain bike for rooty single track. Enjoying the road more than expected, but the shady creekside picnic areas every 10 km or so probably have helped with fhat😁

My buddy with whom I sometimes ride trails, borrowed my other vapcap “while he ordered” his from a link I spoon fed him, which due to sneaky Pete’s fast service should have meant it would take a week to get mine back from him. A month ago😂

Chiron,
Reactions: stark1

jj71787

I don't get high from my 2019 dynavap. I tried several heat patterns, heating past the click. I can feel it when I inhale, get a little bit of vapor, but not effects

Top Bottom