• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I don't but I keep trying to fit stems with it because it is clean. I might try the stem again but damn! LOL I'm convinced my '20-M is cursed. :disgust:

You know you love the 19M tip best :wave:

Damn, watched Sneaky Pete's awesome review of the Orion. Very well done and a very promising unit. Some significant changes in the portable IH world. Looking forward to the FC reviews. By the time I noticed what had happened, they were already sold out. No matter, I can't drop $180 right now anyway.

I hope the next gen has heat adjustment. And oh, they're just gonna get smaller and smaller. :clap:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I don't but I keep trying to fit stems with it because it is clean. I might try the stem again but damn! LOL I'm convinced my '20-M is cursed. :disgust:

the stem looks nice...that slight waist in the airport area will help center the hand
so,if you pressed the condenser into the stem, I am assuming it is not adjustable. You must have set it so it would work with both the ti and ss tip bore...is there that much of a diff in the condenser insert distance?

that sucks that it cracked by inserting the 20m tip. It sucks that the ti and ss tips are slightly different in insert diameter. when I final size the stem on the tip end I use hand reamers to aporoach a fit. I fit for a ti tip thats not too loose and a 18m tip thats not too tight. Ive ruined more stems than I like to admit...well they arent ruined just that the ti tip is more wiggly than I like. Those 2 tips I use stay unvaped, and I also check them to be aware if the o rings are wearing
I havent tested the 20m tip, but it would not surprise me if it was a fatter insert than the ti tip, just like the rest of the ss tips

good luck and keep creating

ps I grabed some f my stems that had fit problems...my 18m tip was too loose, but the 20m tip fit fine

so the 20 ss tip is even fatter than previous ss tips

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
That XL condenser is 17mm of differential pressure between the barrel of the tip and the OD of the condenser. I could back that off 2-5mm and still be effective.

Yes, this was the fixed version. I got a nice 4mm boring bar today. I plan to bury an o-ring in the stem to make the condenser adjustable. Probably 2 so the condenser stays straight.

One really nice advantage to this configuration; the tips stays very clean along the fins! Stainless andTi. The Omni effect is only strong with the Ti tip.

TommyDee,

shopdognyc

For those with the Simrell custom stems, how does it patina?

Since not using a mouthpiece does the mouth end stain or change color more than the other?

shopdognyc,
Reactions: Ramahs

stark1

Lonesome Planet
BabyFacedFinster said:

“Damn, watched Sneaky Pete's awesome review of the Orion. Very well done and a very promising unit. Some significant changes in the portable IH world. Looking forward to the FC reviews. By the time I noticed what had happened, they were already sold out. No matter, I can't drop $180 right now anyway.

I hope the next gen has heat adjustment. And oh, they're just gonna get smaller and smaller. :clap:

For those with eagle eyes, there seem to be what looks like marring— or scratches, on the power button side.

Sigh. I said. Too bad,
on a pristine unit like that. :doh: —After a few seconds, however, it suddenly hit me!
They weren’t scratches at all.

Rather, it looked like the Constellation Orion!
Kudos, Dynatec! :tup:

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
That XL condenser is 17mm of differential pressure between the barrel of the tip and the OD of the condenser. I could back that off 2-5mm and still be effective.

Yes, this was the fixed version. I got a nice 4mm boring bar today. I plan to bury an o-ring in the stem to make the condenser adjustable. Probably 2 so the condenser stays straight.

One really nice advantage to this configuration; the tips stays very clean along the fins! Stainless andTi. The Omni effect is only strong with the Ti tip.
burying a couple of o rings in the stem...now thats some serious work You plan on having inset grooves the thickness of the rings i.e. having the condenser slide against stationary o rings

or elongating the slots so the orings stay stationary on the condenser, and the whole thing slides as a ring/condenser unit?

or I may be not getting this right...Ive never used a boring bar

danielj,
Reactions: Ramahs

TommyDee

Vaporitor
burying a couple of o rings in the stem...now thats some serious work You plan on having inset grooves the thickness of the rings i.e. having the condenser slide against stationary o rings

or elongating the slots so the orings stay stationary on the condenser, and the whole thing slides as a ring/condenser unit?

or I may be not getting this right...Ive never used a boring bar
2 o-rings in fixed glands on the ID of the stem toward the mouthpiece end. The longer XL condenser is easy to move past these o-rings but will stay put. This way the clearance between the tube and the stem can be minimal.

The tool I got is a triangle flag. It'll make an acceptable gland.

Last edited:

C-weed

can someone recommend the best induction heater for the dynavap please?...and btw i would prefer a wall plug unit not a battery powered unit...thanks.

dddaver

Some time ago I asked about soaking the parts in warm milk on the stove to make "stem miilk". I then will rinse everything in warm water and use iso on those spots that still need it. But I'm wondering how long to soak in the warm milk too mnake that "stem milk".

Majordude2626

Some time ago I asked about soaking the parts in warm milk on the stove to make "stem miilk". I then will rinse everything in warm water and use iso on those spots that still need it. But I'm wondering how long to soak in the warm milk too mnake that "stem milk".
You’ll know how long because you will see all the stuff floating in the milk. I stopped doing it, because I couldn’t regulate the strength. It was always too strong, got me super stoned, and high for too long. Then I gotta nap it off.

hinglemccringleberry

You’ll know how long because you will see all the stuff floating in the milk. I stopped doing it, because I couldn’t regulate the strength. It was always too strong, got me super stoned, and high for too long. Then I gotta nap it off.
What a terrific way to blow half a day. Go through all that trouble to clean Dynavap parts in a very inconvenient and time sucking manner to make stem milk, drink said milk, get so stoned that you can't do anything except pass out. Sign me up.

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

Anyone know how 2 clean the sooty shit, iso doesn’t touch it
Dark crystal glass cleaner, soak it wipe it off and it's like new
N4NfTDY.jpg

Zhm5YK0.jpg

EhNnpm1.jpg

this is after soaking, the resin wipes off ez pz with qtip
caoxkWK.jpg

all natural too, and even has instructions on bottle on how to harvest the reclaim, i posted about it in this thread before but got no love

Last edited:

Skinku

I'll show some love TS, thanks.
Will pick some up on my next order.
I assume you cant soak the caps, the dirty buggers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom