yankeetokeniner

Hi everyone
Having some issues with a omni xl ti.

Basically the tip of the condenser is mushroomed and causing airflow issue/restriction.
I've included a pic with a standard ti condenser in good shape.
*unit is completely cleaned and not clogged due to residue/etc

Is this a common issue?

I've owned the omni about 1.5years on/off use but issue hasn't started til about 1month ago. Guessing its been getting worse since new as condenser is being screwed into tip but now is noticeable.

Any recs on how to knock down the burr/get back the taper? Specifically what tool would you recommend?
Sandpaper? Grit? Dremel? File?

RvvguN6.jpg

ax9n3s3.jpg

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Your picture would help diagnostics, er, to help us try to help.

Edit: I see the picture, now!

Last edited:
stark1,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
How would that have even happened? Or is that the right shape? The M-condensers are definitely different.

TommyDee,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
You should be able to work it out with a fine grind.... :myday: or, if you are patient, with fine sandpaper....

stark1,

Majordude2626

Oh the VAS, just ordered the Orion from puff it up. My portside mini is over 2 years old and still going. Battery is showing some wear, I’m gonna have to replace the batt at some point. But the tech in the Orion just broke me down. I use torch for my first heating cycle, but all subsequent I prefer IH heater.

Chandler

Greetings Dynacquaintances. Been a minute!

noticed an email from @Sneaky Pete store, advertising stock of the new orion IH.... It looks awesome. What the dynaverse has been waiting for. Truly portable ih... That being said. I put one in the cart n checked out to see the total price... $300 CAD??! I laughed n said 'fuck No. NEVER'! I hope it performs/sells well, and I'll be lurking to hear ppls experiences with it, but imo that's aggressively overpriced. Probably what I paid for both my PSM and Fluxdeluxe combined!

Stay healthy

yankeetokeniner

How would that have even happened? Or is that the right shape? The M-condensers are definitely different.

my guess is contact with inside of the tip over time. Only other way is when I pushed the screen into bowl after a cleaning but didn't have to push hard.
I only have 1 omni but it(omni xl condensor tip angle/taper) looks like same or very similar to a 17' M and 18 ti(non omni)

I'll update once sanded down. Easy fix, really just curious best method material to use on the condenser. Will go for sandpaper first.

yankeetokeniner,

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
wait.. wait.. guys you are saying that NaOH can clean the tip? I need to get the O-rings off before doing it? how to mix with water..?
thanks

yes NaOH will take care of the black gunk. I remove fresh reclaim and orings before caustic bath

Andreaerdna,

Majordude2626

Greetings Dynacquaintances. Been a minute!

noticed an email from @Sneaky Pete store, advertising stock of the new orion IH.... It looks awesome. What the dynaverse has been waiting for. Truly portable ih... That being said. I put one in the cart n checked out to see the total price... $300 CAD??! I laughed n said 'fuck No. NEVER'! I hope it performs/sells well, and I'll be lurking to hear ppls experiences with it, but imo that's aggressively overpriced. Probably what I paid for both my PSM and Fluxdeluxe combined!

Stay healthy
I feel ya, I ordered for PIU, and it was 200 USD. Thats it, no shipping or anything else. Still high, considered the Rover but the portability the fact that it auto senses when stem is in you can leave that shit in your pocket, heat and hit. My PSM can travel, but its really bigger/heavier than I like to have, and this orion supposed to get 50 heat cycles, plus has the blinker you can use to get accurate pass click heating. Just got a confirmation form PIU that is shipped. I was like noway I get that shit at first, but the fact my PSM is over 2 years old and use it pretty much everyday. If I get a same type of life out of this I'm good. I'll make a hundred dollar payment this month on charge, and hundred next month, and won't be thinking about the costs ever again.

Toivarita

999 Forever
I dont like the captive cap. It rattles.
Never had the problem of caps falling off.
whats so special about the captive cap?

are ne new IHs designed for a 2020M in mind?
They do. Not many people have the captive cap. There’s not much to upgrade to besides the port and 10mm mouthpiece. The captive cap is another difference. I’ve found the 2020 m is more controlled in an induction heater, less charring. Do you guys recommend dynavap bb3 or bb9? I want a new stem.

Skinku

I don’t feel much performance difference between my 2017 and the Captive.
The real difference to me is the tips and their grooves, they have to refresh the product somehow that’s how view the Captive.

Skinku,
  • Love
Reactions: bulllee

Neimi2D

@WirtDog , while pictures of your “broken” condenser would be helpful, it may be that the press fit
May, as String said, be the problem. I don’t believe you broke it.

On mine, it seems snug as a bug.

For the price you paid for your Omni, I would certainly contact DVCS.
I know this is hella late and also unrelated but do you have a vortex intercooler in an omni condenser? I'd like to learn about this lol

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Guys i have a question, Is it worth to get the 2020M? I already have a Omnivap XL.

If your omni is your only vape, then a 2020M would be a good backup that you could take to places where you might not want to risk losing your omni. :)

I dont like the captive cap. It rattles.
Never had the problem of caps falling off.
whats so special about the captive cap?

are ne new IHs designed for a 2020M in mind?

I'm a bit meh on the captive cap too, I find it rather finicky to tune to stick to a magnet, plus it's the only cap I've ever had pop/fly off the tip, on the heat up click no less. :uhoh:

They do. Not many people have the captive cap. There’s not much to upgrade to besides the port and 10mm mouthpiece. The captive cap is another difference. I’ve found the 2020 m is more controlled in an induction heater, less charring. Do you guys recommend dynavap bb3 or bb9? I want a new stem.

Love my BB9. Glass is good. :spliff:

Majordude2626

I 2nd bb9, I’ve got two, sometimes I use low temp caps. Super easy to clean, Sad to say but unless I need durability, I don’t touch my Omni much.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I don’t touch my Omni much.

I don't own an Omni, but if I did, I would probably touch it at least a couple of times a day. Not sure if I would touch someone else's Omni though......

Have you ever touched your Omni:

In the bath.

While in bed.

In front of the mirror.

When on holiday.

After eating oysters.

During a date.

At a cafe.

Come on people, help me out! :brow:

Top Bottom