TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Mono Loco - not too related to VC's but the formula is you need to understand is it is all Watts. You can convert voltage * current to get watts. The -Converters- [Que - Penny Air Quotes] -converters- change the 120V at whatever current to 12v at whatever current is required to fire the heater. So the 10:1 ratio of 120 to 12 says you get to multiply the current times 10 on the 12V side. V/IR is the embodiment of circuit calculations. V*I=W 12V*6A=72 watts 120V*0.6A=72 watts. See how input and output must match <sort-of>? There are efficiency losses in the converter that must be accounted for but the watts reading on your meter is more or less correct. You are probably seeing about 100 watts on firing? Use the wattage number for you VC heating. This method, measuring the wall, is just a little less accurate than measuring the output. I have a meter like yours but it works on the DC side of the wires.

Fun fact VC related - I use about 1amp/hour of energy to finish of a full load of herb. I'd love to get a reading back at Mah.

38:30 the answer and warrantee

thunderstealer1337

Clean your dynavaps before use guys!

My tip was clean, but everything else was pretty nasty covered in machining oil - my guess....

This was a brand new omni xl, after soaking in 99% iso for 5-10 mins prior to qtip wipedown, there was also a paper towel used that I forgot to take pic of.

I feel like dynavap could invest in some ultrasonic cleaners and just batch wash these bad boys, they must do it for the tip already - since it was clean?? or use that process for everything else as well.

Also I only wiped down after soaking in iso and saw the orings were black from insert/extract my 1st times, i think all my other dynavaps i just soaked in iso and went to town - until I saw reddit posting up crazy metal leftover shards that someone literally inhaled into their mouth - so this time I wanted to see how dirty they are/check for debris.

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

I just did the cap.....wowsa dirtiest qtip of them all for such a small surface area, like 2 solidifed chunks of blackcrap formed on the qtip

Also ran it through the apollo 2 ih, 6-8sec clicks solidifies it for me that the 3-4sec caldron is definitely not for me - no harm to go 1-2 secs after click at all

edit: the inside of condenser stem was cleaner then others, but not like clean clean like the tip was

TommyDee

Vaporitor
My '18 outer stem always bugged me because it was gross! '19 was better and '20 was clean. Condensers have all had gray grime but the '18 required an edge to remove. No metal, just some really yucky crap.

DHV8654

I just did the cap.....wowsa dirtiest qtip of them all for such a small surface area, like 2 solidifed chunks of blackcrap formed on the qtip

Also ran it through the apollo 2 ih, 6-8sec clicks solidifies it for me that the 3-4sec caldron is definitely not for me - no harm to go 1-2 secs after click at all

edit: the inside of condenser stem was cleaner then others, but not like clean clean like the tip was
What is wrong with the Caldron?

DHV8654,
Reactions: jds

natural farmer

Hello you beautiful people! I finally managed to get my greedy hands on a phone with a decent camera (plus brains and looks) and I would very much like to decorate our new forum with a few beautiful pics I got of my, long time now, perfect set-up. I like simple things and I only have one vape, this little beauty and it's elegant and robust partner, in their very practical little crib... :D

For your viewing pleasure, hopefully... :lol:

Love you FC!

IMG-20200705-212827.jpg

67481360800447cf758c3fcaf347b4be2c82feea8e3bfe504d9e84ce96f148c3e75e8380.jpg

46490638e67621433407066e2a703bc99afafc8379fcbe2ce24ea278099af5439eb3d0f8.jpg

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I wanted a longer heat up cycle too ... I added @Pipes suggestion this 5 foot DC extension cable and it seems that I've settled consistently into the 6 (closer to 7) sec range with my Caldron ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133233779533

I notice they also sell a 6.5ft cord for 50 cents more. Would that give me an additional second or 2, or is the 5 ft recommended as the sweet spot? For only 5 bucks it's worth a try.

They also sell a 33 foot cord, which means the Caldron wouldn't click until the following Tuesday. :goat:

BabyFacedFinster

It's the right idea, yes. But if you want 40% more, then you need the 20% which is 5' and add 5'. So 6.5' would be a 27% solution, or about another 1/3rd of a second @BabyFacedFinster

That damn math thing again :disgust:

Well, at least I'm right on the next Tuesday thing. ;)

If I charge the PSM with a longer cord, would I also get the longer clicks?
....just kidding.

Baron23

Well, I kind of remember the very beginnings of this thread and my getting glass OG DV (of which I still have a few, yep) but only drop in every once in a while to see what's up.

I mean, 2K pages, right? haha

I might have taken the "woodie" outside and laid it on the ground and run over it a few times....or maybe just threw it away. I NEVER could get a decent airflow thru that sucker and DV and I tried three or more diff tips (at the time, tips were evolving rather quickly). Kidding aside, I actually have no idea where that sucker made off too...until I saw this pic, I forgot I had one previously! LOL

Vapcap-incl-Ti-Woody.jpg

I still use my same basic set up of a Ti tip in a DDave cooling wand into an FC-188. But, I have added a Flux Deluxe IH and gave my Lucid Custom to a buddy.

VC-and-Wand-in-FC-188.jpg

This was the Lucid...sorry, don't have a pic uploaded to a hosting site of the FD, but plenty of pics on his site.

Lucid-Mini-IH.jpg

I also won an absolutely fabulous Phatt Piggie VC which I admit I don't use that much but which works perfectly and is a cherished possession (to the extent I cherish stuff..haha)

Phattpiggie-stem-and-Ti-Tip.jpg

Finally, my buddy to whom I gave the Lucid (and a bunch of other stuff! LOL) gave me recently a 2020 M and I rather like it.

I still use my tip in the DDave wand mostly, but its nice to have a fairly indestructible VC to take out on my rare excursions with a vape.

Cheers

BabyFacedFinster

I might have taken the "woodie" outside and laid it on the ground and run over it a few times....or maybe just threw it away. I NEVER could get a decent airflow thru that sucker and DV and I tried three or more diff tips (at the time, tips were evolving rather quickly).

Very nice collection through the years @Baron23. Particularly that PP stem that you won. Love the design. and the DDave wands have been a favorite too.

I had similar early experiences with my Ti woody. The wood was thin as paper and started forming a crack, the gaskets wouldn't stay put or seat properly, and the second gen tips were like sucking a McDonald's shake through a bar straw. I had a little bit more luck with an Ed's TNT wong, but ultimately it was the tip and my poor torch skills that caused countless combustions and scorchings of my throat.

I will say that it took a lot of persistance to get me to where I am now with the DV's. I would have bad experiences, throw the vapcap shit in the drawer and walk away. Then I'd come back again, buy a new stem or a new torch and try again, only to have no luck. Looking back, my big problem was I'd try new parts but kept using the same old 2nd gen tips. It was those tips and shitty torches that would make me wonder why anyone would like these things. But then I'd look over at the Dynavap thread and watch it grow. Some days the damn thread would jump multiple pages in one day. So I kept thinking that there must be something I'm missing, how could it suck so badly for me but sooo many vapers love it?

Finally it changed when I picked up a 2019 stainless tip and learned the mouthpull technique. I was still using a torch, but I was having decent success during sessions and not burning my throat. Then the Caldron came along and that shot the DV into the daily driver position.

Perseverance was the name of the game!

Baron23

Very nice collection through the years @Baron23. Particularly that PP stem that you won. Love the design. and the DDave wands have been a favorite too.

I had similar early experiences with my Ti woody. The wood was thin as paper and started forming a crack, the gaskets wouldn't stay put or seat properly, and the second gen tips were like sucking a McDonald's shake through a bar straw. I had a little bit more luck with an Ed's TNT wong, but ultimately it was the tip and my poor torch skills that caused countless combustions and scorchings of my throat.

I will say that it took a lot of persistance to get me to where I am now with the DV's. I would have bad experiences, throw the vapcap shit in the drawer and walk away. Then I'd come back again, buy a new stem or a new torch and try again, only to have no luck. Looking back, my big problem was I'd try new parts but kept using the same old 2nd gen tips. It was those tips and shitty torches that would make me wonder why anyone would like these things. But then I'd look over at the Dynavap thread and watch it grow. Some days the damn thread would jump multiple pages in one day. So I kept thinking that there must be something I'm missing, how could it suck so badly for me but sooo many vapers love it?

Finally it changed when I picked up a 2019 stainless tip and learned the mouthpull technique. I was still using a torch, but I was having decent success during sessions and not burning my throat. Then the Caldron came along and that shot the DV into the daily driver position.

Perseverance was the name of the game!
Way cool. I don't do mouth pulls (cig like, nope) but know others do.

And yes, IME the draw restriction was from the older design tips. I need to look around for that Woodie...maybe a new Ti tip would make it right. At least then I can give it to someone.

cheers

Top Bottom