murf2010

Had my 2020m a month now and I’m pretty shocked how much of a powerhouse this is. You get a good amount of hits out of a full bowl and the clouds are huge. I microdose and even one good hit gets me sometimes passed where I wanna be. Solid piece of magic here. For little cost too.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Damn @LabPong - you caught me and called me out :rolleyes: Indeed, that can be read as metaphor or "cappie", in this case 'load'.

@murf2010 - as much as I loath the '20-M as a device for me, I do appreciate the success stories. I am on the far end of a curve when it comes to my requirements. Good thing however; Dynavap has provided me with the '18 that I am perfectly happy with. About time the rest of you got a chance at a new experience. :tup:

murf2010

Damn @LabPong - you caught me and called me out :rolleyes: Indeed, that can be read as metaphor or "cappie", in this case 'load'.

@murf2010 - as much as I loath the '20-M as a device for me, I do appreciate the success stories. I am on the far end of a curve when it comes to my requirements. Good thing however; Dynavap has provided me with the '18 that I am perfectly happy with. About time the rest of you got a chance at a new experience. :tup:
Yeah I saw most didn’t like this one as much as the prior years. It’s all I have so I’m happy with it for the price. I have a pretty high end portable I love as well, on demand and session modes available. This is good for taking out.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There's a lot to like about a rig that isn't prone to combust. To much work to medicate for me. Just pour the vape into my lungs thank you. That's where I got the '18 to with finesse. Certainly a lot more combustion risk. My compromise would be '19. Just a little tamer but still a fire rod. My '20-M is a shelf queen for the time being. I'm undecided on keeping it. If a friend walked in the door and said 'cool', it'd be their's there and then.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Anyone tried using one of those fancy-smanchy “intercoolers” in your VapCap.?

How does it work? Does it even fit?

Couriousity kilt the kitty.

stark1,

AcidFlashbang

If a friend walked in the door and said 'cool', it'd be their's there and then.
Hey it's me, your friend! That sure is a cool piece you have there. :brow:

Anyone tried using one of those fancy-smanchy “intercoolers” in your VapCap.?

How does it work? Does it even fit?

Couriousity kilt the kitty.
The intercooler is a larger diameter than the dynavap condensers.

StringTheorista

@stark1 i find the inter cooler gums up really fast in the simrell stem. I imagine in a narrower condenser, it would gum up even faster. Not worth the bother, to me.

@Mono Loco , I’ve had to change my technique for the 20M. For me, it works better with preheating, which I’ve never done on any other tip (17M,18M, ti). Don’t have an IH (yet—I preordered the Alpine and hope it will actually arrive), but it seems like this tip might be a great match for IH.

Last edited:

AcidFlashbang

You are kidding, right? For the sake of curiosity, I experimented.

(Seems there is a slight variance in condenser ID)

Hmmm interesting, I've never actually tried that I just estimated. I guess my eyeball isn't that accurate :shrug:. Either way I think the condenser would need to be trimmed to let the intercooler be used in dynavap stems.

AcidFlashbang,

StringTheorista

(Ye can always load up ye olde Lotus, while waiting) :D
Y’know, it was the Lotus that made me get my first dynavap. I loved the *idea* of the lotus but I never got the hang of a consistent good hit. I still knew I wanted a battery free vape, and the vapcap addressed my issue as a noob with other butane vapes (vapman is the one I knew about, but also true for SB): it told you when it was ready to hit. After that, no looking back. I’ve added other vapes to my collection, but it’s vapcaps 80% of the time for me.

FBB1-B938-2084-4-D83-B0-F9-D30-CDFF839-E2.jpg

Also this is my new favorite water piece.

PS: @stark1 can you insert those inter cooled condensers into any stem, and still add a cap? The tab at the top prevents that in all my stems...

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Oh! never tried. Just watched the official video where that method was mentioned.
Did you try with a coconut oil instead of milk?

Infused Coconut oil is GREAT for baking edibles with, in place of regular oil AND healthy, too. :tup:

I've made some really Niiiice brownies, using abv/reclaim infused coconut oil! :nod:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

You are kidding, right? For the sake of curiosity, I experimented.

(Seems there is a slight variance in condenser ID)

Can the Dynavap stem, tip, and tube be fully assembled with the intercooler inside the tube? I would think that the tab at the end of the intercooler would interfere with the tip when you try to install the tip on the stem.. assuming you can even get the twisty part of the intercooler into the tube all the way.

Last edited:

Mono Loco

Hey, all.
I recently discovered Reddit ... likely from a link on here somewhere (?). The members over on the Reddit DynaVap group seem a little different than the group here ... more newbies than veterans, for one thing. Do most FC members also frequent the Reddit DynaVap group? If so, doe the UserNames generally stay the same? In my case, Mono Loco was already in use by another, so I am "Monito_Loquito" over there.

Is there any sort of rivalry, or tension between the two groups, or is all "simpatico"?

StringTheorista

Hey @Mono Loco, I’ll bite. My opinion only. I’m on r/dynavap, same name.

I find that there’s a community here on FC and an agreement/acceptance of a certain community ethos. Congeniality, generosity, helpfulness, humor, flashes of engineering genius. (Dickishness very discouraged.) My own view is that this ethos arose from a combination of factors, the biggest one of which is George himself. Who decided that rather than guarding his patent like a pit bull, he would allow and even encourage artisans to make stems, and then induction heaters. Because it’s a modular product, there’s lots of room for artistic expression in these stems, and George has collaborated with (Ed’s tNT), encouraged, and welcomed folks to do this. (you can look at it as a smart business decision, because how do you stop anyone from selling tubes with 8mm ID, but he *encouraged* it, not just tolerated it.)

All of this sets a tone. He’s also done the karma vaps for at least a couple of years, a thing that also sets a tone: we’re gonna give you a free, functional product in addition to what you bought, and encourage you to give it away to a friend or vaporist-in-need. People did. And folks who have bought from dynavap over time have received various random fun stuff—specially decorated M stems, for instance—just thrown in with their order. If you read though the FC thread you’ll see that community members have also adopted these values, and send each other stuff that gets thanked for in the forum. I’m on a few other FC threads for excellent vapes, but I don’t find the same community vibe on them.

I’m very grateful for this community because I am a solo, and relatively new, vaporist. Been a medical user for about 3 years and did not smoke before starting to vape.

Regarding reddit, I’ll just say I don’t find a similar vibe there. I look in from time to time, and sometimes comment with a tip, but it ain’t the same. I wouldn’t say there’s a “rivalry”. I’d say reddit is it’s own weird thing, and not home.

Edited to add: also have to shout out @Stu and @pakalolo for moderating this exuberant bunch, and making great judgement calls about how far off strict topic we can get. You don’t get over 2000 pages when *all* you’re talking about is which tip is better, or how to use a simple product

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Hey @Mono Loco, I’ll bite. My opinion only. I’m on r/dynavap, same name.

I find that there’s a community here on FC and an agreement/acceptance of a certain community ethos. Congeniality, generosity, helpfulness, humor, flashes of engineering genius. (Dickishness very discouraged.) My own view is that this ethos arose from a combination of factors, the biggest one of which is George himself. Who decided that rather than guarding his patent like a pit bull, he would allow and even encourage artisans to make stems, and then induction heaters. Because it’s a modular product, there’s lots of room for artistic expression in these stems, and George has collaborated with (Ed’s tNT), encouraged, and welcomed folks to do this. (you can look at it as a smart business decision, because how do you stop anyone from selling tubes with 8mm ID, but he *encouraged* it, not just tolerated it.)

Al of this sets a tone. He’s also done the karma vaps for at least a couple of years, a thing that also sets a tone: we’re gonna give you a free, functional product in addition to what you bought, and encourage you to give it away to a friend or vaporist-in-need. People did. And folks who have bought from dynavap over time have received various random fun stuff—specially decorated M stems, for instance—just thrown in with their order. If you read though the FC thread you’ll see that community members have also adopted these values, and send each other stuff that gets thanked for in the forum. I’m on a few other FC threads for excellent vapes, but I don’t find the same community vibe on them.

I’m very grateful for this community because I am a solo, and relatively new, vaporist. Been a medical user for about 3 years and did not smoke before starting to vape.

Regarding reddit, I’ll just say I don’t find a similar vibe there. I look in from time to time, and sometimes comment with a tip, but it ain’t the same. I wouldn’t say there’s a “rivalry”. I’d say reddit is it’s own weird thing, and not home.

I couldn't have put ANY of that, any better. Very true! :nod:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Top Bottom