BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I dumped my full abv jelly jar today. I had thought of using the abv in something but then decided to just toss it. I ended up dumping it in my garden as compost. Wouldn't it be funny if my tomatoes got me high this summer?

Anyway, all the abv came from my vc with an induction heater. It was a shame at the time because all the abv looked great. Only lightly browned, no charring. I don't take my bowls very far because the hits lose flavor and get too hot. Maybe the next batch I'll do something with, like soak it in some hot coconut oil.

What’s a hi-fi? RCA Victor’s “his master’s voice”?

No. I think it's one of those new heterodynes

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
ha, I cough enough with “claim”.... my RECLAIM goes in dee DRAIN....

If you take your stem, condenser, and tip without the cap, and soak them in a nice hot cup of coffee or tea, then take them out...

I PROMISE you'll be PLEASANTLY surprised. :rockon:

BONUS TIP:
Use lots of cream/Creamer/Whole milk :nod: :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I don't know how this one is still lasting. The flair is from shrinkage and permanent.
Same material but a huge contrast.

49827223478_551b31c04f_z.jpg"

I think I'll leave the '20 tip on this carbless woody. 11.4 grams in an XL. Yea sub-10 grams with a Ti tip sounds like a plan for Black Friday this year. Will I ever use it? Place your odds here.

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Got my Dynatec Apollo 2 on Thursday...the rest of my collection has gone unused in the intervening 96+ hours. Ti tips, many different stems, trates with a Dynacoil, the new 2020M...all stellar. Got mine from PIU, and I think that the whole pandemic thing is affecting the supply chain for parts; so, get one when you can. Or any IH. Since my Pipes Skeletor shit the bed a few months back, I had forgotten how good the DV and an IH could be. Stayed medicated over a 14 hr day on three tip fulls.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Totally agree SloJim ... I'm a big fan of @Ed's TnT midsections ... wish he made more for Dynavap ... as per his website the 12mm OD is "for that added wall thickness to make the more durable and less susceptible to heat transfer from the tip. "

I bought a 45mm Blackwood midsection a year ago to jazz up my Omni and it's still going strong even as my daily driver ... Thanks Ed ...

20200426-120225.jpg

Good morning, look at all that wood and thanks for the kind words guys for my work. Was a blast working with DV on those pieces back then and even still this day. Really dig that black MS on that piece @NYC_Frank

Matter of fact got a little something collaboration going on with them inspired by another great guy in the biz. Will be releasing them and the info soon. Stay tuned for that for sure!

Thanks for stepping in @SloJimFizz always appreciate you brother.

Appreciate the history lesson @stark1 you covered it well bro.

Thank you @BabyFacedFinster dont feel you can go wrong with any of them.

Hope you all are safe and healthy everyone, stay strong and take care.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Does anyone notice a difference in draw resistance when using a DV condenser stem vs a condenserless stem with a wider inner diameter? Does the ID of the air passage have a large effect on restriction?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
None whatsoever. The restriction is strictly in the cap and CCD followed by the blocking of said CCD with plant matter. As plant matter expand from heat, the draw resistance will also increase some. a minimal draw tube ID should be met, but anything over a couple of millimeters in diameter should be consider a lesser restriction than the primary restrictions. Length matters but not to a significant degree. An approximate 4mm bore seems to be fairly standard.

rvarick

I had a couple of questions I was hoping folks could answer please. TIA:
  1. What glue is recommended to reattach the magnet to the Dynastash? Mine fell off after only 6 months, and Dynavap CS didn’t respond on this question.
  2. Anyone else experience issues with tips being inconsistent/not fitting properly? I recently ordered two different titanium tips and neither would fit in my 20M stem or BB9, as the metal ridge at the bottom was too wide. I’m starting to wonder about their QC a bit honestly.

rvarick,
Reactions: Summer

TommyDee

Vaporitor
What do you use as a general household adhesive? School glue, maybe not, but anything with a bit of hold would work on the magnet. I have ShoeGoo as a goto adhesive and fixer.

I wish you hadn't said that about the titanium tips. Got one in a basket to pull the trigger on. If you measure that flange, it should be no bigger that 8mm OD. 5/16" is likely the target size if not a few thou under.

TommyDee,
Reactions: rvarick
Top Bottom